PDA

View Full Version : Another 6.0a1 problem with album fields



Christian Pernegger
2005-02-28, 02:08
>A good number of songs (but not all) show incorrect album info, both on the
>server status page and on the Squeezebox. The album names shown are other
>albums in my collect. I checked the tags on the flac and mp3 files and they
>were correct.

Had the same bug here yesterday, about 3k songs suddenly belonged to "Jesus
Christ Superstar". The bug ocurred after I had changed the ARTIST tags from
"Andrew Llloyd Webber" and "Tim Rice" to the other way round because the
Squeezebox only sees the last tag. I wiped cache and rescanned - after that,
the db went insane.

FWIW, killing the server and deleting the .db file fixed it.

>One thing that may be relevant: I have a good number of FLAC files with
>Vorbis tags whose labels are in lower case,

No mixed tags here but also FLAC ... maybe the server has problems updating
songs that change info between rescans on FLAC? If it happens again I'll
file a bug - so far I'm good.

Chris

Phil Karn
2005-02-28, 03:05
Christian Pernegger wrote:

> Had the same bug here yesterday, about 3k songs suddenly belonged to
> "Jesus Christ Superstar". The bug ocurred after I had changed the ARTIST
> tags from "Andrew Llloyd Webber" and "Tim Rice" to the other way round
> because the Squeezebox only sees the last tag. I wiped cache and
> rescanned - after that, the db went insane.

That sounds familiar -- I think I manually edited a few tags just before
the problem appeared, though I am not sure.

>
> FWIW, killing the server and deleting the .db file fixed it.

But that shouldn't be necessary...

Phil

Dan Sully
2005-02-28, 03:08
* Phil Karn shaped the electrons to say...

>Christian Pernegger wrote:
>
>>Had the same bug here yesterday, about 3k songs suddenly belonged to
>>"Jesus Christ Superstar". The bug ocurred after I had changed the ARTIST
>>tags from "Andrew Llloyd Webber" and "Tim Rice" to the other way round
>>because the Squeezebox only sees the last tag. I wiped cache and
>>rescanned - after that, the db went insane.
>
>That sounds familiar -- I think I manually edited a few tags just before
>the problem appeared, though I am not sure.
>
>>
>>FWIW, killing the server and deleting the .db file fixed it.
>
>But that shouldn't be necessary...

The latest nightly build should fix all of these issues.

We'll be rolling out an official 6.0 alpha 2 this week.

-D
--
<Djall> and I also learned that a meat vortex takes meat away from you.