PDA

View Full Version : Caller ID and Slimserver



barry katzman
2005-02-22, 11:46
have you resolved this issue with the usr 5660a modem? i just purchased the same for the touted cid capability, but can't get it to work either...

Jay Sissom
2005-02-22, 12:04
Hello, I have an older slimp3 and a new Sqeezebox. I have version 5.4
of the server running on Linux.

I have noticed that 4 or 5 times, when I do something with the remote
control for one device, it will affect the other device. For example,
I started playing an album on my slimp3. At some point during the
album, I used the remote control to turn off the slimp3. A few
seconds later, it came back on and was playing the same album. I
again used the remote to turn it off and then I heard the Sqeezebox in
the other room playing the same album.

I've also had cases where selecting an album to play on one
synchronized it with the other so they both begain playing the same
album.

Has anyone seen this happening?

Thanks
Jay

Jack Coates
2005-02-22, 12:09
Jay Sissom wrote:
> Hello, I have an older slimp3 and a new Sqeezebox. I have version 5.4
> of the server running on Linux.
>
> I have noticed that 4 or 5 times, when I do something with the remote
> control for one device, it will affect the other device. For example,
> I started playing an album on my slimp3. At some point during the
> album, I used the remote control to turn off the slimp3. A few
> seconds later, it came back on and was playing the same album. I
> again used the remote to turn it off and then I heard the Sqeezebox in
> the other room playing the same album.
>
> I've also had cases where selecting an album to play on one
> synchronized it with the other so they both begain playing the same
> album.
>
> Has anyone seen this happening?
>
> Thanks
> Jay

In player settings > audio, have you synchronized the power buttons?

I have the same setup, it generally works but is prone to losing
synchronization on longer songs, particularly ogg.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!

Jay Sissom
2005-02-22, 14:29
No I haven't. It seems to be doing that itself.

Jay


On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:09:48 -0800, Jack Coates <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org> wrote:
> Jay Sissom wrote:
> > Hello, I have an older slimp3 and a new Sqeezebox. I have version 5.4
> > of the server running on Linux.
> >
> > I have noticed that 4 or 5 times, when I do something with the remote
> > control for one device, it will affect the other device. For example,
> > I started playing an album on my slimp3. At some point during the
> > album, I used the remote control to turn off the slimp3. A few
> > seconds later, it came back on and was playing the same album. I
> > again used the remote to turn it off and then I heard the Sqeezebox in
> > the other room playing the same album.
> >
> > I've also had cases where selecting an album to play on one
> > synchronized it with the other so they both begain playing the same
> > album.
> >
> > Has anyone seen this happening?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jay
>
> In player settings > audio, have you synchronized the power buttons?
>
> I have the same setup, it generally works but is prone to losing
> synchronization on longer songs, particularly ogg.
>
> --
> Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
> Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!
>

Jack Coates
2005-02-22, 15:29
Jay Sissom wrote:
> No I haven't. It seems to be doing that itself.
>
> Jay

well check it, then. The device that gets turned off isn't stopping the
stream because the other device is still on. Then the one that's off
realizes it's being streamed to, so it turns back on.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!

Jay Sissom
2005-02-22, 20:22
I did check it and it wasn't set to synchronize. (Probably because
when you turn off a unit, it turns off synchronize if it were on).

I don't think you understand the problem I am having. It seems to
automatically turn this on randomly. It has happened 3 or 4 times.
Has it happened to anyone else?

Jay



On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:29:32 -0800, Jack Coates <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org> wrote:
> Jay Sissom wrote:
> > No I haven't. It seems to be doing that itself.
> >
> > Jay
>
> well check it, then. The device that gets turned off isn't stopping the
> stream because the other device is still on. Then the one that's off
> realizes it's being streamed to, so it turns back on.
>
> --
> Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
> Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!
>

Jack Coates
2005-02-22, 20:26
Jay Sissom wrote:
> I did check it and it wasn't set to synchronize. (Probably because
> when you turn off a unit, it turns off synchronize if it were on).
>
> I don't think you understand the problem I am having. It seems to
> automatically turn this on randomly. It has happened 3 or 4 times.
> Has it happened to anyone else?
>
> Jay

that could be, but I don't think you're understanding what I'm
suggesting that you do. So, lemme 'splain:

turn both players on
synchronize them
synchronize power and volume too.

now, they should turn off and on simultaneously regardless of which one
you sent the command to, remaining synchronized throughout. My players
get temporarily out of sync from time to time, but they very rarely
break out of the synchronized state.

Is that what you've already done, and is it still not working?

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!

Jay Sissom
2005-02-23, 12:33
No, I don't want them to be synchronized ever. I want them to play
separate things. Sometimes though, they synchronize themselves. I
want it to stop doing that. In my setup, the two synch up randomly.

Jay

Here's the original message if it helps:

Hello, I have an older slimp3 and a new Sqeezebox. I have version 5.4
of the server running on Linux.

I have noticed that 4 or 5 times, when I do something with the remote
control for one device, it will affect the other device. For example,
I started playing an album on my slimp3. At some point during the
album, I used the remote control to turn off the slimp3. A few
seconds later, it came back on and was playing the same album. I
again used the remote to turn it off and then I heard the Sqeezebox in
the other room playing the same album.

I've also had cases where selecting an album to play on one
synchronized it with the other so they both begain playing the same
album.

Has anyone seen this happening?

Thanks

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:26:15 -0800, Jack Coates <jack (AT) monkeynoodle (DOT) org> wrote:
> Jay Sissom wrote:
> > I did check it and it wasn't set to synchronize. (Probably because
> > when you turn off a unit, it turns off synchronize if it were on).
> >
> > I don't think you understand the problem I am having. It seems to
> > automatically turn this on randomly. It has happened 3 or 4 times.
> > Has it happened to anyone else?
> >
> > Jay
>
> that could be, but I don't think you're understanding what I'm
> suggesting that you do. So, lemme 'splain:
>
> turn both players on
> synchronize them
> synchronize power and volume too.
>
> now, they should turn off and on simultaneously regardless of which one
> you sent the command to, remaining synchronized throughout. My players
> get temporarily out of sync from time to time, but they very rarely
> break out of the synchronized state.
>
> Is that what you've already done, and is it still not working?
>
> --
> Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
> Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!
>

Jack Coates
2005-02-24, 00:14
Jay Sissom wrote:
> No, I don't want them to be synchronized ever. I want them to play
> separate things. Sometimes though, they synchronize themselves. I
> want it to stop doing that. In my setup, the two synch up randomly.
>
> Jay
>

wow -- ok, at least now I get it. That sounds like a bug. I'd try
forgetting both players, but if it comes back after that it's definitely
something that should be written up as a bug.

--
Jack at Monkeynoodle dot Org: It's a Scientific Venture...
Riding the Emergency Third Rail Power Trip since 1996!