Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kim Fenger Paludan

Use Squeexebox from MCE2005

Hi all,

Is it possible to control Squeezebox from the Media Center in MCE 2005? At least to have the program show up in the "other programs" section. Preferreble to play songs similar to the interface in "My Music".

Maybe it is something the devel. team has considered? As I see it, the problem with MCE is, that you can only control the sources that is connected to the MCE 2005 computer. Then you can have another computer elsewhere to hook up to that computer, but the beauty with Squeezebox is that you can control your device remotely.

However, as I use MCE 2005 Media Center for TV, DVD etc. it would be nice to also be able to play music from here without leaving the Media Center program and start another application to control the Squeezebox.

Media Center also has a section with Online Sevices. Mayby that is the best place to intergration the control of Squeezebox, similar to what is already integrated here - eg. CinimaNow and MP3.com.

Any thouhts on this subject is highly appreciated - any developers out there that can see a way? And what about the users - do you agree?

Med venlig hilsen
    Kim Paludan.
  • Arnon Meshoulam

Use Squeexebox from MCE2005

Kim Fenger Paludan wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Is it possible to control Squeezebox from the Media Center in MCE 2005? At least to have the program show up in the "other programs" section. Preferreble to play songs similar to the interface in "My Music".
    >
    > Maybe it is something the devel. team has considered? As I see it, the problem with MCE is, that you can only control the sources that is connected to the MCE 2005 computer. Then you can have another computer elsewhere to hook up to that computer, but the beauty with Squeezebox is that you can control your device remotely.
    >
    > However, as I use MCE 2005 Media Center for TV, DVD etc. it would be nice to also be able to play music from here without leaving the Media Center program and start another application to control the Squeezebox.
    >
    > Media Center also has a section with Online Sevices. Mayby that is the best place to intergration the control of Squeezebox, similar to what is already integrated here - eg. CinimaNow and MP3.com.
    >
    > Any thouhts on this subject is highly appreciated - any developers out there that can see a way? And what about the users - do you agree?
    >
    >
    >
    > Med venlig hilsen
    > Kim Paludan.

Kim,
    Slimserver has a web interface with a good "touchscreen" interface - for
    example the handheld. Pointing the MCE to a web URL is doable and there
    are plenty of add ins to do so.
    A specific Slimserver addition to the menu is also possible. In fact, it
    is a nice idea creating an installation package which would allow you to
    install Slimserver ON a MCE box. It is more about creating the correct
    files and signatures that MCE looks for than anything else..

Arnon

Comment

Working...