PDA

View Full Version : WEB Ui from a different (local) computer

mfw
2019-10-21, 12:23
In the course of debugging my attempt to set up Spicefly/Sugarcube and Music IP, I'm trying to access the Web UI for LMS from a different computer. I have a computer dedicated with LMS and other media stuff, connected to my TV.

I'm trying to debug things from my lap top, also on my local net.

I can get the WEB UI up on the Lap Top (only partially) by navigating to HOSTNAME:9000. I get the right side of the web UI display with player specific data, but can't get the left side of the WEB UI with server stuff.

If however, I get on the same computer running LMS, both sides of display appear.

I could not sort through all the remote connection instructions to find what I may need to do if I were trying to access the WEB UI remote from my local net.

Any quick ideas what I need to do?
Thanks,
Frank

mherger
2019-10-21, 12:30
> I can get the WEB UI up on the Lap Top (only partially) by navigating to
> HOSTNAME:9000. I get the right side of the web UI display with player
> specific data, but can't get the left side of the WEB UI with server
> stuff.

In case you're using Edge: use a different browser. There's a know
problem with Edge.

--

Michael

w3wilkes
2019-10-21, 13:05
You can use the Dev channel "New Edge" which is Chromium based and it works just fine with your squeeze WebUI. I've not tried the beta version, but I'd think it works fine too. I've been using the Dev channel version for months now with no issues.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

mfw
2019-10-21, 16:20
> I can get the WEB UI up on the Lap Top (only partially) by navigating to
> HOSTNAME:9000. I get the right side of the web UI display with player
> specific data, but can't get the left side of the WEB UI with server
> stuff.

In case you're using Edge: use a different browser. There's a know
problem with Edge.

--

Michael

Indeed I am using Edge. I feel sheepish I did not think to try a different browser, as there are other issues with Edge.
Thank you.

Post script: I opened in Internet Explorere and it works like a champ. Thanks again.

mfw
2019-10-21, 16:21
You can use the Dev channel "New Edge" which is Chromium based and it works just fine with your squeeze WebUI. I've not tried the beta version, but I'd think it works fine too. I've been using the Dev channel version for months now with no issues.

https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/download/

thank you for this suggestion; I'll try it.
Frank

post script: That worked very nicely, thank you!

d6jg
2019-10-22, 01:29
I could not sort through all the remote connection instructions to find what I may need to do if I were trying to access the WEB UI remote from my local net.

Only do this via a VPN.
It is technically very easy to give yourself access - if you just wanted the web gui you'd simply port forward 9000 from your router to the LMS machine. However if you were to do this the chances are that you would be hacked within a few days. People use port scanners to find 9000 on a regular basis.

You need to use a VPN to connect from outside into your network.
Some high end routers include a VPN server but most don't in which case you would need to install and configure something like OpenVPN - a server somewhere in your network and a client on your laptop for when elsewhere.

reinholdk
2019-10-22, 03:45
Only do this via a VPN.
It is technically very easy to give yourself access - if you just wanted the web gui you'd simply port forward 9000 from your router to the LMS machine. However if you were to do this the chances are that you would be hacked within a few days. People use port scanners to find 9000 on a regular basis.

Some high end routers include a VPN server but most don't in which case you would need to install and configure something like OpenVPN - a server somewhere in your network and a client on your laptop for when elsewhere.

Not sure if OP really wants access from outside. At least his current attempt was from inside his network.

mfw
2019-10-22, 08:11
Not sure if OP really wants access from outside. At least his current attempt was from inside his network.

You are correct. I am not looking to get access from out side my network. I merely thought that section on how to access from outside the network may have held a solution to my "inside the network" issue.
Thanks for taking the time to respond.

mfw
2019-10-22, 08:12
Only do this via a VPN.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

In fact I am only trying to access from inside my network. I was suspecting the instructions on how to access from outside may have held the solution to my "inside the network" issue.