PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Web GUI

bvrulez
2019-09-13, 03:07
I am wondering if there are alternatives to the web GUI for Mac or Windows? I am currently on a Mac and I think it should be "easy" for someone with knowledge to make the web GUI availlable via an applet that is shown in the status bar on the top like the volume or other applications. There are apps for the android and iOS and it would already be nice if the current track was shown (with time) in the status bar of a Mac with an option to pause or skip forward.

I am learning programming languages and run my own bitcoin node for example and I would be glad if someone with knowledge would give me a heads up how to start programming this on my own.

bakker_be
2019-09-13, 05:24
I am wondering if there are alternatives to the web GUI for Mac or Windows? I am currently on a Mac and I think it should be "easy" for someone with knowledge to make the web GUI availlable via an applet that is shown in the status bar on the top like the volume or other applications. There are apps for the android and iOS and it would already be nice if the current track was shown (with time) in the status bar of a Mac with an option to pause or skip forward.

I am learning programming languages and run my own bitcoin node for example and I would be glad if someone with knowledge would give me a heads up how to start programming this on my own.

Material Skin (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109624-Announce-Material-Skin) could be a good start, also there's the work done on Windows for Squeezelite X (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108550-Announce-Squeezelite-X).

bvrulez
2019-09-13, 05:40
Thanks for the reply! Squeezelite X seems to be for Windows what I had in mind. The material skin seems to be just a layout thing that still needs a browser. But there is a lot of discussion there. I will look at it.

bpa
2019-09-13, 05:42
I think it should be "easy" for someone with knowledge to make the web GUI available via an applet

The reluctant for someone to do this is because the bulk of the effort is in the maintenance across many OS versions and the support of users - not the development of the piece of code.
Personal use is usually the main incentive for any development.

bvrulez
2019-09-13, 05:48
The reluctant for someone to do this is because the bulk of the effort is in the maintenance across many OS versions and the support of users - not the development of the piece of code.
Personal use is usually the main incentive for any development.

I understand. I would start by developing a status item that offers play/pause for a certain player in the network. I use a small tool for WOL called miniwol which is similar. It offers a very small set of actions but is incredible usefull. Also, I would like to learn how to actually develop something. I am running old OS X Mavericks and I can understand that people don't want to be bothered with the requests of diverse OSs.

d6jg
2019-09-14, 10:48
Try running Material in app mode