PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk screwed up

slartibartfast
2019-08-16, 02:34
Anyone else using Tapatalk and finding missing posts and posts appearing in the wrong order since the latest update? In my example the second post is from 4 days before the first.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190816/6cb5f3eb0eb194bfbc022ee1535eb63d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

DomieMic65
2019-08-16, 03:06
I've seen a post appear incomplete in Android app. In iOS it was ok

bits
2019-08-19, 14:48
If we want to address all the broken Tapatalk in this forum, the read/unread for threads has been broken since forever.

slartibartfast
2019-08-19, 22:35
If we want to address all the broken Tapatalk in this forum, the read/unread for threads has been broken since forever.They also keep sending me emails even though that option is not selected but at the moment I get notifications of posts I read an hour ago and posts are not shown in order which males it a real pain to use.

mherger
2019-08-20, 01:07
I just checked our configuration and figured out there was an update to
the tapatalk plugin on the server side. I installed it a few minutes
ago. Please check whether this improved things.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2019-08-20, 02:27
I just checked our configuration and figured out there was an update to
the tapatalk plugin on the server side. I installed it a few minutes
ago. Please check whether this improved things.

--

MichaelHard to say at the moment. I have another forum where the post count is shown as 77/79 when I first open it after a post notification and the last post is indeed numbered 77. When I skip to the first post and then back to last post the post count becomes 79/79 and the last post is 79.

bits
2019-08-23, 15:34
Read/unread is still broken for me.
-I have set general discussion forum as all read in Tapatalk and browser, this does currently show correct in Tapatalk as read in the main board index
-I enter general discussion and it shows Pi 4 and Pitastic as unread
-so I open Pi 4
-Go back to general discussion index which now shows Pi 4 as read
-back to Main board index which still shows general discussion as read
-open general discussion and Pi 4 is back to unread.

Every forum here has its own amount of unread threads.
Also some threads show as read even when they have numerous new posts.
Read/unread appears unrelated to a thread being read/unread.
While I have no working example as I just reset everything to read for every forum in Tapatalk and browser, the read/unread status of a forum normally also doesn't update correctly.

Read/unread does appear to be working correctly for my account in chrome and Firefox browser in desktop view.

slartibartfast
2019-08-23, 15:45
Read/unread is still broken for me.
-I have set general discussion forum as all read in Tapatalk and browser, this does currently show correct in Tapatalk as read in the main board index
-I enter general discussion and it shows Pi 4 and Pitastic as unread
-so I open Pi 4
-Go back to general discussion index which now shows Pi 4 as read
-back to Main board index which still shows general discussion as read
-open general discussion and Pi 4 is back to unread.

Every forum here has its own amount of unread threads.
Also some threads show as read even when they have numerous new posts.
Read/unread appears unrelated to a thread being read/unread.
While I have no working example as I just reset everything to read for every forum in Tapatalk and browser, the read/unread status of a forum normally also doesn't update correctly.

Read/unread does appear to be working correctly for my account in chrome and Firefox browser in desktop view.I assume you have installed the latest update of the Tapatalk app today. I normally ignore unread and just look at new posts.

bits
2019-08-23, 15:51
I assume you have installed the latest update of the Tapatalk app today. I normally ignore unread and just look at new posts.

Yep, woke up an hour ago with that update listed in the Android status bar.
It could be broken between vbulletin and Tapatalk as xdadev also has read/unread issues. Theirs appears less broken than here though.
I just had a poke around who runs on what that does work 100% and I can find an endless list of Phpbb and 1 xenforo.

slartibartfast
2019-08-24, 00:57
Yep, woke up an hour ago with that update listed in the Android status bar.
It could be broken between vbulletin and Tapatalk as xdadev also has read/unread issues. Theirs appears less broken than here though.
I just had a poke around who runs on what that does work 100% and I can find an endless list of Phpbb and 1 xenforo.I just noticed in Tapatalk settings there is a setting for handling of unread posts. This box was unchecked.

Seems to work as expected now I've checked the box. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190824/4cf459b9f9257af78cc55b56fdc91763.jpg

bits
2019-08-26, 19:56
I just noticed in Tapatalk settings there is a setting for handling of unread posts. This box was unchecked.

Seems to work as expected now I've checked the box.

Let me know if it really does behave correct over a few days because for me it does not.

All I see with the tick box on is that the threads offered as unread, which is inaccurate, will disappear when read but will come back as unread if you exit and reopen. Eg it changed if the app would display a read/unread thread but does not make its understanding of what is read/unread accurate.

bits
2019-08-26, 20:05
Google shows answer is likely:

Settings > general > Topic/Forum Read Marking Type.

Inactivity/Cookie Based
Database (no automatic forum marking)
Database (automatic forum marking)

Default is cookie and instead should be changed to database.

slartibartfast
2019-08-26, 22:59
Google shows answer is likely:

Settings > general > Topic/Forum Read Marking Type.

Inactivity/Cookie Based
Database (no automatic forum marking)
Database (automatic forum marking)

Default is cookie and instead should be changed to database.I don't see that setting in the Android app.

bits
2019-08-27, 04:29
I do not believe this is a user setting.
It is for the site admin aka Michael to set forum wide.

slartibartfast
2019-08-27, 04:43
I do not believe this is a user setting.
It is for the site admin aka Michael to set forum wide.As far as I can tell unread posts are working for me now. They don't reappear if I restart the app.