PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Classic issue

muggo
2019-08-11, 08:46
I've just bought a new amp to fix a problem that now appears to be my old SB Classic playing up. Luckily I have a spare Classic.
The problem is that the output on one channel is very quiet compared with the other. It plays, but at greatly reduced volume.
I've plugged it onto a different setup & get the same result. Swapping output leads swaps the channel with the fault.
It's not an LMS issue as the new player fixed the problem.
Any ideas please?

philippe_44
2019-08-11, 09:11
Yes, very likely (for having fixed more than a few) at least one of the electrolytic capacitors is defective. It manifests either by a randomly rebooting classic or a channel distorted, mute or quiet. You can replace maybe one or two capacitor, but others will fail soon. See other posts where I have the exact reference of all capacitors

muggo
2019-08-11, 09:55
Yes, very likely (for having fixed more than a few) at least one of the electrolytic capacitors is defective. It manifests either by a randomly rebooting classic or a channel distorted, mute or quiet. You can replace maybe one or two capacitor, but others will fail soon. See other posts where I have the exact reference of all capacitors
Thanks very much Phillipe.