PDA

View Full Version : one particular Player not found - tried reset router LMS reinstalled player FW

qyy920
2019-07-08, 05:37
Hi all.

Just installed Volumio and Squeezelite on my Pi3+ today.

However, after I've activated squeezelite plugin on Volumio, I still don't see my Pi in LMS(installed on my Synology NAS), nor in iPeng.

In contrast, I have a Logitech Transporter and it has always been recognised by LMS no problem.

I tried installing Squeezelite-X on my PC and it is working fine as a player as well.

So the only thing doesn't get recognised in LMS is my Pi3+ running Volumio, with squeezelite installed.

I've tried restarting LMS, Restarting the NAS, doing a factory reset on my router...No luck.

I then tried to install moode (with built-in squeezelite), no luck.

What's interesting is, months ago, when I just got the Pi, it was working...And I don't think I've changed any setting.

Has anyone encountered the same issue before?

d6jg
2019-07-08, 05:40
Hi all.

However, after I've activated squeezelite plugin on Volumio, I still don't see my Pi in LMS(installed on my Synology NAS), nor in iPeng.

In contrast, I have a Logitech Transporter and it has always been recognised by LMS no problem.

I tried installing Squeezelite-X on my PC and it is working fine as a player as well.

So the only thing doesn't get recognised in LMS is my Pi3+ running Volumio, with squeezelite installed.

I've tried restarting LMS, Restarting the NAS, doing a factory reset on my router...No luck.

What's interesting is, months ago, when I just got the Pi, it was working...And I don't think I've changed any setting.

Are you sure Squeezelite is actually running on the Volumio device ?

qyy920
2019-07-08, 05:48
Are you sure Squeezelite is actually running on the Volumio device ?
So under Plugin-Installed Plugins, the Squeezelite has a "active" and a green light. I tried a few times toggling it on and off, still no change.

d6jg
2019-07-08, 07:03
So under Plugin-Installed Plugins, the Squeezelite has a "active" and a green light. I tried a few times toggling it on and off, still no change.

OK. Assuming it is running is the Volumio Pi on the same network subnet as your LMS and Transporter?
In fact is it Ethernet or Wi-Fi ?
Is LMS running on standard port 9000 ?

qyy920
2019-07-08, 07:13
OK. Assuming it is running is the Volumio Pi on the same network subnet as your LMS and Transporter?
In fact is it Ethernet or Wi-Fi ?
Is LMS running on standard port 9000 ?
1. Yes, I've connected all three (Pi, LMS Transporter) by wire under the same router, with static IP to rule out network issue...
2. Ethernet. Actually I tried both.
3. Yes. Although it wasn't having any trouble with Transporter before, I still set LMS to 9000. And I did the same on the Pi...no Luck
Btw, thanks for your kindness and patience!

d6jg
2019-07-08, 07:17
1. Yes, I've connected all three (Pi, LMS Transporter) by wire under the same router, with static IP to rule out network issue...
2. Ethernet. Actually I tried both.
3. Yes. Although it wasn't having any trouble with Transporter before, I still set LMS to 9000. And I did the same on the Pi...no Luck
Btw, thanks for your kindness and patience!

In that case I can only conclude that there is something in the Volumio device that is conflicting with Squeezelite
Is there any particular reason for choosing Volumio over piCorePlayer as the latter pretty much works out of the box ?

qyy920
2019-07-08, 07:38
In that case I can only conclude that there is something in the Volumio device that is conflicting with Squeezelite
Is there any particular reason for choosing Volumio over piCorePlayer as the latter pretty much works out of the box ?

I guess so.

The main reason I chose Volumio is because of the plugin called Brutefir.

It allows me to apply a FIR filter (which can be created thru measuring the response of the system).

Being so used to a FIR made specifically for my system and the room, listening to them without the filter is really only 70% of the enjoyment XD...

If i overlooked any good music player system which supports squeezelite and could have FIR filter applied on it would be great!

d6jg
2019-07-08, 07:49
I guess so.

The main reason I chose Volumio is because of the plugin called Brutefir.

It allows me to apply a FIR filter (which can be created thru measuring the response of the system).

Being so used to a FIR made specifically for my system and the room, listening to them without the filter is really only 70% of the enjoyment XD...

If i overlooked any good music player system which supports squeezelite and could have FIR filter applied on it would be great!

Understood.
I imagine that you'll get a better response on the Volumio forums as pretty sure that the issue lies somewhere on your Volumio setup coupled with the squeezelite plugin.

callesoroe
2019-07-09, 01:03
Hi all.

Have you checked for dublet ip addresses on your network ?