PDA

View Full Version : BBC Sounds

Man in a van
2019-05-31, 10:10
Trawling around the web and found this, I'm definitely old (sigh). I think it's written in English (insert J-L-Picard facepalm).

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/bbc-sounds-launch-director-charlotte-lock-moves-on/#comments

The single comment is inciteful.

ronnie

castalla
2019-05-31, 11:16
Trawling around the web and found this, I'm definitely old (sigh). I think it's written in English (insert J-L-Picard facepalm).

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/05/bbc-sounds-launch-director-charlotte-lock-moves-on/#comments

ronnie

The post is called 'Controller Sounds' - how pretentious!

slartibartfast
2019-05-31, 11:23

ronnieNow we know who is to blame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Man in a van
2019-05-31, 12:42
Now we know who is to blame.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well, partially. She was only meeting the brief.

The bloke behind the farewell is more to blame as well as the folk in the shadows.

The BBC original remit was one of Public Service Broacasting.

Undoubtedly it had many flaws (which could be debated until the cows come home) but this whole "Sounds" business is a mess.

Why replace an entirely workable app, with a beta that has been with us for nearly twelve months and is still far from complete?:rolleyes:

ronnie

drmatt
2019-06-03, 12:29
Well, partially. She was only meeting the brief.

The bloke behind the farewell is more to blame as well as the folk in the shadows.

The BBC original remit was one of Public Service Broacasting.

Undoubtedly it had many flaws (which could be debated until the cows come home) but this whole "Sounds" business is a mess.

Why replace an entirely workable app, with a beta that has been with us for nearly twelve months and is still far from complete?:rolleyes:

ronnieBecause ... "new".

We're in a world of neophiles.

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk

bpa
2019-06-03, 12:43
Because ... "new".

We're in a world of neophiles.

Which is why the replacement will have a "new" strategy for Sounds.

chill
2019-06-03, 12:53
Which is why the replacement will have a "new" strategy for Sounds.

This is a characteristic of many organisations:
1. Only ambitious people go after the 'top' jobs
2. Ambitious people need to leave a mark, get noticed, and move on, therefore
3. Ambitious people never walk into a job and decide "you know what, everything's running fine, I'm not going to change anything"

It creates a pendulum effect. If you don't like the way the place is being run, just wait for the next ambitious person to take over. It won't be long.

drmatt
2019-06-03, 15:47
If only the world was run by us feckless wasters huh?

Transcoded from Matt's brain by Tapatalk