PDA

View Full Version : Confused by Alarm Clock Behavior

pablolie
2019-05-29, 13:47
Am I the only one that thinks the alarm clock function is a bit moody? I can't figure out its behavior at times.

It may be because I have a Touch, a Boom and a Radio synched and their alarm behavior is different.

What I do know -and it's easy to replicate- is that, after the alarm goes off, if I push "Turn Off Alarm" on the Touch's touchscreen, after a few minutes it plays some weird soundbite (not the playlist I have the alarm set to play).

Aside from that, the reliability of the alarm seems so-so. This morning it didn't go off at all even though I think it should have (was in too much of a rush then to check settings, will do later).

I kinda wish there alarm configuration didn't have quite as many options, I just want a simple, reliable alarm clock. I know it's called Smartphone for most, but I happen to like to wake up to a playlist, have it play for 30mins, and then turn itself off. Same thing 5 days a week.

wl1
2019-05-30, 00:09
Am I the only one that thinks the alarm clock function is a bit moody? I can't figure out its behavior at times.

It may be because I have a Touch, a Boom and a Radio synched and their alarm behavior is different.

I have struggled to get reliable settings in the past, but happy now with just a SqBox Radio (previously tried Classic, Duet and Touch). I have settled on picking an internet Radio Station - I think I concluded my Server or Hard Drive waking up caused a delay sufficient for things to fail. I think that results in the same soundbite issue you have heard.

I'd suggest not syncing all devices for a few days to confirm if that is part of your problem (or at least the Boom, as that is the oddball of the three).

DJanGo
2019-05-30, 06:03
I'd suggest not syncing all devices for a few days to confirm if that is part of your problem (or at least the Boom, as that is the oddball of the three).

My Alarm works since the early days (somewhere around 2006/7) without any odd behavior.
It starts every weekday with an internal playlist and stops like it should.

The only addon for the alarm thats on my personal wishlist is a "dont wake me up on a National holiday". Of curse i added this feature in a external bash script.