PDA

View Full Version : Search issue



RonM
2019-05-17, 21:21
I was watching a basketball game when the Raptors started losing big time, and decided to turn off the bball audio and listen to music while watching the game and hoping for a turnaround.

I decided I wanted to listen to a song, Cowboys, but had momentarily forgotten the artist and album name. So I tried to search on the song name. Didn't work. I got the error message "Error fetching list: network error (request timeout)".

Being in the basement in the official viewing area, next to the utility room with the music server and network apparatus, I switched my investigation to the server. The artist name is Rhonda Stakich (singer/songwriter and fine jazz guitarist), and album is "Still".

Back to the search, using Squeeze Cntrl on Android, and both artist and album searches worked fine, but song search produces the same error message.

Why should this be? I occasionally do song searches successfully, and this error is new to me. It seems to imply a search process that exceeded some length threshold. I do have a large library with thousands of albums and consequently a lot of songs.

Thoughts?

R.

PS: it's a great song on a fine album from a talented performer, you should search it out.

mherger
2019-05-17, 23:41
> I decided I wanted to listen to a song, Cowboys, but had momentarily
> forgotten the artist and album name. So I tried to search on the song
> name. Didn't work. I got the error message "Error fetching list: network
> error (request timeout)".

What UI did you use to do the search? Web UI? On device? Mobile App?

Would it work in any of the other UIs?

> Thoughts?

Check server.log.


--

Michael

DJanGo
2019-05-18, 00:04
Back to the search, using Squeeze Cntrl on Android, and both artist and album searches worked fine, but song search produces the same error message.

AFAIK Squeeze Cntrl caches some library parts on the device for faster albumartwork.

see https://angrygoatapps.com/sqzctrl_android.html

Incremental list loading for fast navigation through the menus.

RonM
2019-05-18, 14:14
>
What UI did you use to do the search? Web UI? On device? Mobile App?

Would it work in any of the other UIs?

> Thoughts?

Check server.log.

--

Michael

I have a Touch (via wifi) set up to play through the same receiver as the tv audio, and can watch tv with different audio. I was using SqueezeCntrl from my Android device. When I started turning on the music, I realized I hadn't reset the Touch wifi, since changing the router, but that took but a moment.

Since I never use the web UI, I didn't think to try the search directly on the server, although I'd not thought that would make a difference -- searches on artist or album name worked fine from the mobile. I did try the search through the Touch itself, and got the same error message, so presumably not an Android/SqeezeCntrl issue. I'll figure out how to view server.log. My system has been so stable I've not had a reason to do so for years.

RonM
2019-05-20, 08:04
Problem seems to be resolved, on its own. Search on song works now. I really don't know what fixed it.

R.