PDA

View Full Version : How can I access Logitech Media Server from UE Smartradio?

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 12:12
Hello,
I purchased a used UE Smartradio and, after some difficulties, I installed Squeezebox Software on it, it is running 7.7.3r16676. My LMS is on a NAS and running 7.9.1.
I just can't figure out how I can connect my Radio to LMS.
I connected the Radio to my squeezebox account but this does not solve anything.

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 12:34
Hello,
I purchased a used UE Smartradio and, after some difficulties, I installed Squeezebox Software on it, it is running 7.7.3r16676. My LMS is on a NAS and running 7.9.1.
I just can't figure out how I can connect my Radio to LMS.
I connected the Radio to my squeezebox account but this does not solve anything.

On your Radio go to "My Music" and press the big knob.

Or from LMS, your Radio should appear in the dropdown box.

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 12:45
Thanks!

On your Radio go to "My Music" and press the big knob.
It says "To enable My Music, download the Logitech Media Server software from www.mysqueezebox.dom and make sure it is installed..."

Or from LMS, your Radio should appear in the dropdown box.
Sadly nothing happens

EDIT Man how do I make the pic smaller...

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 12:50
Well you've obviously got LMS running, is your new Radio connected to the same network?

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 13:03
Yes it is. However I have experienced some issues in establishing the wifi connection. But as I can play music on the radio it must be connected to wifi.
I wondered whether I have to allow access to my NAS but then I wouldn't know how to do it as other Squeezeboxes (or SqueezeCTRL) have found LMS without problems.

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 13:08
Yes it is. However I have experienced some issues in establishing the wifi connection. But as I can play music on the radio it must be connected to wifi.
I wondered whether I have to allow access to my NAS but then I wouldn't know how to do it as other Squeezeboxes (or SqueezeCTRL) have found LMS without problems.

Try this - on your radio browse to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add new library > enter the IP address of the machine that's running LMS.

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 13:14
Thanks for getting back.
I have tried to enter the IP address. However I am unable to produce the number "6" - I would have to write "26" where you wrote "100". The dropdown menu only offers digits zero to five.

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 13:16
Thanks for getting back.
I have tried to enter the IP address. However I am unable to produce the number "6" - I would have to write "26" where you wrote "100". The dropdown menu only offers digits zero to five.

Can you enter "026"?

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 13:30
Can you enter "026"?

Yeah, this works! However I can now govern my Radio from LMS' web interface - i.e. I can tell it to play this or that file but I still cannot connect from the Radio. It still displays "Problem Connecting We couldn't connect to 192.168.178.26. Make sure your computer..." even while files are playing.

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 13:42
Yeah, this works! However I can now govern my Radio from LMS' web interface - i.e. I can tell it to play this or that file but I still cannot connect from the Radio. It still displays "Problem Connecting We couldn't connect to 192.168.178.26. Make sure your computer..." even while files are playing.

Reboot the thing? :eek:

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 13:52
Reboot the thing?
Hm not working?? I don't know what it could be...

kidstypike
2019-03-06, 14:04
Hm not working?? I don't know what it could be...

On your Radio go to Settings > Choose Player, what do you see?

streifenleopard
2019-03-06, 14:11
On your Radio go to Settings > Choose Player, what do you see?
I can see "Squeezebox Radio" but by rights I should also see "Picore player" I think

d6jg
2019-03-06, 16:17
Is this the only player on WiFi?
If so look at your router for something akin to wireless isolation settings and switch it off.
Wireless Device Isolation stops devices on WiFi from accessing other devices on the network but allows internet connection.

streifenleopard
2019-03-08, 14:08
Is this the only player on WiFi?
If so look at your router for something akin to wireless isolation settings and switch it off.
Wireless Device Isolation stops devices on WiFi from accessing other devices on the network but allows internet connection.
Well I have a pi core player on LAN and a couple of other devices on WLAN notebook and phones and stuff.
My router has a NetBIOS filter and a Teredo filter set as active.
I have got no idea what it is and have no issues with other devices either...

EDIT I have a firewall enabled but that wasn't an issue with any devices and neither with the Zettaly Avy Radio which had access to LMS through WIFI...
Connection via LAN didn't help either
Also i tried to open a port like 3483 on my NAS but to no avail

streifenleopard
2019-03-09, 11:07
OK, I got it. When I switch of the NAS's Firewall the Radio can access LMS. thank god. But I don't know why the Radio cannot access LMS through ports 3483 or 9002 when I have opened them.
How do I have to configure the Firewall? It's a Synology 116.

streifenleopard
2019-03-15, 13:52
Hi
I still run into a multitude of issues related to Wi-Fi:
Sometimes I have the Wi-Fi symbol displayed in red when starting up and consequently no connection to Wi-Fi at all.
Sometimes Wi-Fi is working but the SR will connect to mysqueezebox.com only. Sometimes I can trigger a connection to my local LMS when I first connect to mysqueezebox.com but sometimes not.
Sometimes itíll connect to LMS without any problems but more often not. Sometimes it loses the connection after 5 minutes or so.
Usually I can connect from the LMS interface in a browser to the SR i.e I can tell it to play music. But even when SR plays this music it still is unable to access the LMS library.
When I check the network status it usually replies that the ping is not ok. Whatever this means.
Does anyone have similar problems?