Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mandryka
    • Feb 2012

How do you control volume?

My biggest problems come with Windows and Android. If I use my Desktop PC I just use the bog standard LMS interface and that seems to let me control in large increments, 10% maybe. I sometimes use Orange Squeeze on my phone to control the same squeezebox system and that's no better. Is there a better way?
  • kidstypike
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mandryka
    My biggest problems come with Windows and Android. If I use my Desktop PC I just use the bog standard LMS interface and that seems to let me control in large increments, 10% maybe. I sometimes use Orange Squeeze on my phone to control the same squeezebox system and that's no better. Is there a better way?
    Using the LMS web interface clicking the speakers either side of the volume segments gives you 2% steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	volume1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	1565999

Android app Squeeze Ctrl gives you the option to choose volume steps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	volume2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	1566000
    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• mandryka
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by kidstypike
      Using the LMS web interface clicking the speakers either side of the volume segments gives you 2% steps.

[ATTACH]26894[/ATTACH]

Android app Squeeze Ctrl gives you the option to choose volume steps.

[ATTACH]26895[/ATTACH]
      Thank you! and it turns out the Orange Squeeze will change volume by increments of 1% if I use the interface on screen -- I was using the volume control buttons of my phone, and they seem to want to change by increments of 10%. So problem sorted.
      Last edited by mandryka; 2019-03-05, 16:44.

Comment

• Apesbrain
        • Jun 2005

Material Skin ("LMS Mobile UI") can now adjust in increments as low as 1%. I have Orange Squeeze as well and it adjusts 1% at a time.

Comment

Working...