PDA

View Full Version : Plugin Documentation



mherger
2005-01-11, 01:46
I was considering doing a plugin documentation in German. Obviously enough
it'd be based on the official plugin documentation. Therefore my simple
question: is the latter up to date or should I wait for an update?

And are there any German speaking people on this list who would be
interested in this?

Regards,

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

kdf
2005-01-11, 02:33
Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:

> I was considering doing a plugin documentation in German. Obviously enough
> it'd be based on the official plugin documentation. Therefore my simple
> question: is the latter up to date or should I wait for an update?

off the top of my head, the change from using a raw string return for
getDisplayName to returning a string token needs to be added.

also, there is nothing in the docs right now about the addMenu features that
allow plugins to place themselves in the home menu subtree.

-kdf

mherger
2005-01-11, 02:51
> Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:
>
>> I was considering doing a plugin documentation in German. Obviously
>> enough
>> it'd be based on the official plugin documentation. Therefore my simple
>> question: is the latter up to date or should I wait for an update?
>
> off the top of my head, the change from using a raw string return for
> getDisplayName to returning a string token needs to be added.
> also, there is nothing in the docs right now about the addMenu features
> that
> allow plugins to place themselves in the home menu subtree.

Oh yes, there is! At least in the cvs. But it's not very detailed, indeed.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

kdf
2005-01-11, 03:02
Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:
> Oh yes, there is! At least in the cvs. But it's not very detailed, indeed.

so minute is the detail that I still dont see it :) There is mention that the
plugins show up in the plugins menu, but I dont see anything on how you can add
your plugin to the Internet Radio submenu, or Games submenu via addMenus().

I dont think there is mention of shutdownPlugin() or player plugins (isClient
param).

mherger
2005-01-11, 05:11
> Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:
>> Oh yes, there is! At least in the cvs. But it's not very detailed,
>> indeed.
>
> so minute is the detail that I still dont see it :) There is mention
> that the
> plugins show up in the plugins menu, but I dont see anything on how you
> can add
> your plugin to the Internet Radio submenu, or Games submenu via
> addMenus().

I think we're speaking different languages :-). You're talking about the
player's menu? I'm not. I simply tested the documentation's example which
adds a menu entry in the web-interface.

> I dont think there is mention of shutdownPlugin() or player plugins
> (isClient param).

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

kdf
2005-01-11, 10:48
Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:

> > Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:
> >> Oh yes, there is! At least in the cvs. But it's not very detailed,
> >> indeed.
> >
> > so minute is the detail that I still dont see it :) There is mention
> > that the
> > plugins show up in the plugins menu, but I dont see anything on how you
> > can add
> > your plugin to the Internet Radio submenu, or Games submenu via
> > addMenus().
>
> I think we're speaking different languages :-). You're talking about the
> player's menu?

that's correct. just one of the things missing from the current docs.

> I'm not. I simply tested the documentation's example which
> adds a menu entry in the web-interface.

at least that's proven well-enough-documented then :)

-kdf

Jules Taplin
2005-01-11, 14:48
Hehe.

I worked that one out by studying other plugins ;)


-- Jules


kdf wrote:

>Quoting Michael Herger <slim (AT) herger (DOT) net>:
>
>
>>Oh yes, there is! At least in the cvs. But it's not very detailed, indeed.
>>
>>
>
>so minute is the detail that I still dont see it :) There is mention that the
>plugins show up in the plugins menu, but I dont see anything on how you can add
>your plugin to the Internet Radio submenu, or Games submenu via addMenus().
>
>I dont think there is mention of shutdownPlugin() or player plugins (isClient
>param).
>
>
>
>

kdf
2005-01-11, 15:14
Quoting Jules Taplin <slim-discuss (AT) ourhouse (DOT) org.uk>:

> Hehe.
>
> I worked that one out by studying other plugins ;)

most of the plugin docs were actually written by someone who learned from
reading plugins ;)

Thankfully, later updates were done by people who actually know what they are
doing.

-kdf

Jules Taplin
2005-01-11, 15:40
Quite.

If Craig (and later Triode) hadn't taken AlienBBC in hand, it'd still
look like my code...

And nobody wants that! ;)


-- Jules

kdf wrote:

>Quoting Jules Taplin <slim-discuss (AT) ourhouse (DOT) org.uk>:
>
>
>
>>Hehe.
>>
>>I worked that one out by studying other plugins ;)
>>
>>
>
>most of the plugin docs were actually written by someone who learned from
>reading plugins ;)
>
>Thankfully, later updates were done by people who actually know what they are
>doing.
>
>-kdf
>

mherger
2005-01-11, 23:40
Jules

> Hehe.
> I worked that one out by studying other plugins ;)

I'll have to dig through that collection... Or could you tell me in three
phrases how it's done ;-)?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)