PDA

View Full Version : Default Cover Art Hi-jacked.

Club1820
2019-01-12, 12:41
So for a couple of weeks now the default cover art displayed is some random cover art for one of my existing tunes. Its a single cover art (same one each time) displayed for those tunes that don't have cover art embedded. Not sure why this is happening?
I tried clearing everything and doing a clean rescan of my library. that fixed it for a few days but then it went back to the very same cover art as before. when I click on the cover art in the web interface it gives me the following location of the file:

" http://127.0.0.1:9000/music/c61ace12/cover.jpg "

I have searched my pc for all "cover.jpg" and it does not locate the actual cover art that is being displayed as the default. Any ideas on how I can locate the above referenced cover.jpg so I can delete it, or how I can get it to stop being displayed as the default?

thanks in advance.

Club1820
2019-01-12, 13:17
Actually, just realized, - its also doing this for some tracks that DO have cover art embedded.

DJanGo
2019-01-12, 16:19
or how I can get it to stop being displayed as the default?

thanks in advance.

check your log files !

Club1820
2019-01-15, 23:15
ok, well maybe I'm a noob but what exactly am I looking for in the log files?

Paul Webster
2019-01-16, 04:01
Try the scanner log files (in LMS web UI ... click on Settings/Information
then scroll down and you will see
Logitech Media Server Log File
and
Scanner Log File

Have a look through and see if anything shows up for one of the tracks that you know has the problem.
If not - then increase the logging levels (Settings/Advanced/Logging) and pick a few that seem relevant and set them to Debug.
The first one shown (in English at least) is artwork related.
You could also increase logging in the scanner and do a rebuild scan.

RobbH
2019-01-16, 08:30
This sounds like behavior I've observed in the past with files that had "No Album" as the album title. LMS would sometimes pick up an image file from the directory containing one of the "No Album" files and use it for all "No Album" files. The image file was not necessarily named "cover.jpg", but that's the name LMS uses when it serves it.

DJanGo
2019-01-17, 06:13
This sounds like behavior I've observed in the past with files that had "No Album" as the album title. LMS would sometimes pick up an image file from the directory containing one of the "No Album" files and use it for all "No Album" files. The image file was not necessarily named "cover.jpg", but that's the name LMS uses when it serves it.

+1 but a long time member from 2007 should already knew that?

btw: you can try to change http://lms.ip:9000/settings/server/formatting.html? the values so lms can guess tags - but tagging the files should be the better solution.