PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] Spotty 2.7.x - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox

mherger
2019-01-06, 06:51
New version Spotty v2.7.0 is on its way to you. New in this build:

Improved metadata handling in Connect mode: UI updates metadata when track changes, not 10 seconds earlier
Allow deletion of search history entry (press "+" key on UI for single entries, or Settings/Advanced/Spotty to wipe all history)
Experimental(!) support for playlist folders (see note below)
Various bug fixes

Playlist folders: unfortunately Spotify decided not to support this in their API (https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/38#issuecomment-396925978). But I've found a workaround to get the hierarchy from a local Spotify installation (https://github.com/mikez/spotify-folders). This seems to be working right now. But it's kind of a hack, thus experimental.

In addition to its experimental nature, there's another important limitation: it only works automatically if you run LMS on the same computer as you run an official Spotify client application. As I understand that this is a massive limitation, I'm working on another workaround for this... Please let me know about your operating system, and skills to run scripts manually. It's not ready for prime time just yet... but I will post instructions as soon as I have a better picture of the needs and a more stable solution than I have right now.

Linty
2019-01-06, 14:11
Thanks Michael - using this app more than ever now.

On the update, I can see where you can delete the entire search history but don't see the "+" on the UI to be able to delete individual entries. Am I missing something?

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 6

bakker_be
2019-01-06, 14:22
New version Spotty v2.7.0 is on its way to you. New in this build:

Improved metadata handling in Connect mode: UI updates metadata when track changes, not 10 seconds earlier
Allow deletion of search history entry (press "+" key on UI for single entries, or Settings/Advanced/Spotty to wipe all history)
Experimental(!) support for playlist folders (see note below)
Various bug fixes

Playlist folders: unfortunately Spotify decided not to support this in their API (https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/38#issuecomment-396925978). But I've found a workaround to get the hierarchy from a local Spotify installation (https://github.com/mikez/spotify-folders). This seems to be working right now. But it's kind of a hack, thus experimental.

In addition to its experimental nature, there's another important limitation: it only works automatically if you run LMS on the same computer as you run an official Spotify client application. As I understand that this is a massive limitation, I'm working on another workaround for this... Please let me know about your operating system, and skills to run scripts manually. It's not ready for prime time just yet... but I will post instructions as soon as I have a better picture of the needs and a more stable solution than I have right now.
Hi Michael,
I'm running Windows 10, Spotify offline storage is located at C:\Users\bart\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage. No issues at all regarding manually running scripts.

kidstypike
2019-01-06, 14:24

On the update, I can see where you can delete the entire search history but don't see the "+" on the UI to be able to delete individual entries. Am I missing something?

I was wondering the same too.

The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch, Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

slartibartfast
2019-01-06, 14:38
I was wondering the same too.

The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch, Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

26505Same here. I can delete search in Orange Squeeze but not from the WebUI using either default skin or Material skin.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

slartibartfast
2019-01-06, 16:12

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Total Players Recognized: 6How do you delete the entire search history? I couldn't see a way to delete anything in the WebUI.

kidstypike
2019-01-06, 16:19
How do you delete the entire search history? I couldn't see a way to delete anything in the WebUI.

LMS > Settings > Advanced > Spotty.

slartibartfast
2019-01-06, 16:25
LMS > Settings > Advanced > Spotty.OK I would never have thought of looking there.

mherger
2019-01-06, 22:04
> The only place I see this is on a player that runs jivelite (Touch,
> Radio, Squeezeplay, etc.).

It should be accessible in any UI supporting the "more" or "add"
SlimBrowse action. SqueezePlay, JiveLite, iPeng, and as some report
OrangeSqueeze seem to do so. The web UI does indeed not work. Haven't
figured out how to easily do this...

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-06, 22:10
Hi Michael,
I'm running Windows 10, Spotify offline storage is located at C:\Users\bart\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage. No issues at all regarding manually running scripts.

Ok, you'll probably be the first person to try this:

download http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip
extract
run the executable

It's a console app. If you could run it from a command window, that would give you a chance to see the feedback :-).

That script should upload the information found from Spotify's cache to Spotty, which in turn would use it to put playlists in to the folder hierarchy. Good luck! And let me know about your experience.

If you were to have Cygwin with curl installed on your computer, you might download the much smaller http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.sh.zip file.

bakker_be
2019-01-07, 00:57
Ok, you'll probably be the first person to try this:

download http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip
extract
run the executable

It's a console app. If you could run it from a command window, that would give you a chance to see the feedback :-).

That script should upload the information found from Spotify's cache to Spotty, which in turn would use it to put playlists in to the folder hierarchy. Good luck! And let me know about your experience.

If you were to have Cygwin with curl installed on your computer, you might download the much smaller http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.sh.zip file.

Hmm, unexpected result here. Probably because we have some communication mishap. I'll detail my setup:

LMS (and Spotty of course) are running on Ubuntu 18.04 Server
Spotify is running on Windows 10

Do you expect this to be run from the Spotify computer or from the LMS computer? Running from the Spotify computer it needs Perl, which I thought was present already, but can of course easily be remedied. I'll look into Cygwin + Curl as well.

mherger
2019-01-07, 01:07
> Hmm, unexpected result here. Probably because we have some communication
> mishap. I'll detail my setup:

Oh... and because I missed an important piece of information... which
would have answered your question already:

> - LMS (and Spotty of course) are running on Ubuntu 18.04 Server
> - Spotify is running on Windows 10
>
> Do you expect this to be run from the Spotify computer or from the LMS
> computer? Running from the Spotify computer it needs Perl, which I

Yes, you'd have to run it from the Spotify computer (your Windows
machine). But then I don't understand you'd need perl :-(. Did you get
an error message? What did it say?

> thought was present already, but can of course easily be remedied. I'll
> look into Cygwin + Curl as well.

What I forgot to tell you: you'll have to tell the script where to send
the data in the form of "server:port". Eg.

findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe 192.168.0.23:9000

By default you'd just get a list of files it would consider useful.

--

Michael

bakker_be
2019-01-07, 01:26
> Hmm, unexpected result here. Probably because we have some communication
> mishap. I'll detail my setup:

Oh... and because I missed an important piece of information... which
would have answered your question already:

> - LMS (and Spotty of course) are running on Ubuntu 18.04 Server
> - Spotify is running on Windows 10
>
> Do you expect this to be run from the Spotify computer or from the LMS
> computer? Running from the Spotify computer it needs Perl, which I

Yes, you'd have to run it from the Spotify computer (your Windows
machine). But then I don't understand you'd need perl :-(. Did you get
an error message? What did it say?

> thought was present already, but can of course easily be remedied. I'll
> look into Cygwin + Curl as well.

What I forgot to tell you: you'll have to tell the script where to send
the data in the form of "server:port". Eg.

findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe 192.168.0.23:9000

By default you'd just get a list of files it would consider useful.

--

Michael
Error message on the first run:

C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles>findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe
Error: Can't locate perl514.dll
Make sure the ActivePerl bin directory is in your PATH
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\J ava\javapath;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WIN DOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowe rShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Lenovo;C:\SWTOOLS\ReadyApps;C:\Program Files (x86)\PuTTY\;C:\ADB;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\cml;C:\Program Files (x86)\PLA Series DAK Modification Tool\cml;C:\Program Files\LuxRender;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH\;C:\Prog ram Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\DAL;C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Local\Microso ft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\Program Files (x86)\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\ZyXEL PLA Series Utility\cml;C:\Program Files (x86)\PLA Series DAK Modification Tool\cml;C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Local\GitHubDesktop \bin;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Apps;

Error message is identical when run with server-ip:9000

utking
2019-01-07, 01:46
Hi Michael!

I just had to make an account to thank you for the work you have done on the squeeebox series. Thanks to you and some others we can continue to use this extremely nice series of players.

I still love my squeezeboxes thanks to you!

Thanks man :)

mherger
2019-01-07, 01:57
> C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles>findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe
> Error: Can't locate perl514.dll
I'm sorry, need to re-run a build. Optimized the binary a bit too much,
I guess... I'll let you know when I have a new one ready. Thanks for
going through this with me.

--

Michael

bakker_be
2019-01-07, 02:11
> C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles>findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe
> Error: Can't locate perl514.dll
I'm sorry, need to re-run a build. Optimized the binary a bit too much,
I guess... I'll let you know when I have a new one ready. Thanks for
going through this with me.

--

Michael
No worries ;)

mherger
2019-01-07, 07:03
> Error message on the first run:

Ok, new build is up:
http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip - this copy
should be even larger (the first build was missing the Perl libraries...)

--

Michael

stereoptic
2019-01-07, 08:15
Hi Michael - I am running LMS on a MacMini. I run Spotty on 2 piCoreplayers, but I don't have Spotify loaded on my MacMini. Just to clarify, I have to install the Spotify App on the MacMini first before upgrading to Spotty 2.7.x?
Thanks

mherger
2019-01-07, 09:12
> Hi Michael - I am running LMS on a MacMini. I run Spotty on 2
> piCoreplayers, but I _don't__have Spotify loaded on my MacMini. Just to
> clarify, I have to install the _Spotify_ App on the MacMini first before
> upgrading to Spotty 2.7.x?

Don't panic! You don't need to run the Spotify at all, if you don't want
to! It's only a way to get the folder information for your playlist
list. But if you had Spotify running on a computer in your network which
can access LMS, then you might be able to transfer the data from that
computer, too.

(and just to be clear: I don't think you run Spotty on those pCP
systems, but on the Mac Mini only, where your LMS lives. It's Spotty
running on LMS which would expose your players as Connect endpoints)

--

Michael

steveJC
2019-01-07, 09:38
First, thanks for your hard work.

I'm running LMS on RPI, and I'm trying findSpotifyFolderFiles app on my Windows 10 computer where I'm using spotify.

there is this error with the last version :

Can't locate URI/_query.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>parent.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>URI/_generic.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>URI/_foreign.pm line 6.

If I'm not using the IP, I get one file list without error

C:\Users\JiCi\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage\51\51d 3f5cfc935f7a059410f7b2ba206498815075a.file

mherger
2019-01-07, 09:55
> there is this error with the last version :

Thanks for testing...

> Can't locate URI/_query.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>parent.pm line 20.

I don't get it. I did test the binary on a Windows without Perl
installed and it did work...

> If I'm not using the IP, I get one file list without error
> C:\Users\JiCi\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage\51\51d 3f5cfc935f7a059410f7b2ba206498815075a.file

That's good to know! That file would likely have the playlist hierarchy
information in it. All that's failing now is the transfer to the LMS.
I'll figure it out!

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-07, 10:12
> Can't locate URI/_query.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>parent.pm line 20.

Could you please give me the exact command line you were using when you
received that message?

--

Michael

steveJC
2019-01-07, 10:22

Could you please give me the exact command line you were using when you
received that message?

--

Michael

.\findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe 192.168.0.193:9000

bakker_be
2019-01-07, 13:15
> Error message on the first run:

Ok, new build is up:
http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip - this copy
should be even larger (the first build was missing the Perl libraries...)

--

Michael
Still errors.

C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles>findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe 192.168.0.116:9000
Can't locate URI/_query.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at /<C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles\fin dSpotifyFolderFiles.exe>parent.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles\fin dSpotifyFolderFiles.exe>URI/_generic.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles\fin dSpotifyFolderFiles.exe>URI/_foreign.pm line 6.

bakker_be
2019-01-07, 13:18
First, thanks for your hard work.

I'm running LMS on RPI, and I'm trying findSpotifyFolderFiles app on my Windows 10 computer where I'm using spotify.

there is this error with the last version :

Can't locate URI/_query.pm in @INC (@INC contains:) at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>parent.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>URI/_generic.pm line 6.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /<H:\JiCi_DOWNLOAD\findSpotifyFolderFiles\findSpotif yFolderFiles.exe>URI/_foreign.pm line 6.

If I'm not using the IP, I get one file list without error

C:\Users\JiCi\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage\51\51d 3f5cfc935f7a059410f7b2ba206498815075a.file
Without IP I get a result as well.

C:\Users\Bart\Downloads\findSpotifyFolderFiles>findSpotifyFolderFiles.exe
C:\Users\Bart\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage\6a\6a7 00b39956e7790c752a7cbd717ff6ac5cc2bfb.file

mherger
2019-01-07, 13:56
> Still errors.

Got another build up... please try again. Thanks!

http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip
--

Michael

steveJC
2019-01-07, 14:00
> Still errors.

Got another build up... please try again. Thanks!

http://www.herger.net/spotty/findSpotifyFolderFiles.zip
--

Michael

yes !

{"51d3f5cfc935f7a059410f7b2ba206498815075a.file":"success"}

I see on the Web UI the folders : great

Just one thing, bad character with accent :

ex : Jéhan instead of Jéhan

stereoptic
2019-01-07, 19:13
Don't panic! You don't need to run the Spotify at all, if you don't want
to! It's only a way to get the folder information for your playlist
list. But if you had Spotify running on a computer in your network which
can access LMS, then you might be able to transfer the data from that
computer, too.

Heh, thanks for that. I didn't catch that the purpose for installing the app was needed for the new playlist option.
I don't do many playlists anyway! :)

and just to be clear: I don't think you run Spotty on those pCP
systems, but on the Mac Mini only, where your LMS lives. It's Spotty
running on LMS which would expose your players as Connect endpoints)
-- Michael
Yes, thanks for clarifying my clumsy wording! :)

mherger
2019-01-07, 22:39
I see on the Web UI the folders : great

Just one thing, bad character with accent :

ex : Jéhan instead of Jéhan

Woot! Except for the accents... and I did create a test folder called "noch ein äéÜ" just to verify this... Could you please send me a copy of that file reported when your run the utility without the LMS info?

steveJC
2019-01-07, 23:52
Woot! Except for the accents... and I did create a test folder called "noch ein äéÜ" just to verify this... Could you please send me a copy of that file reported when your run the utility without the LMS info?

I have sent you an mp.

macsat
2019-01-08, 00:06
When browsing spotify albums I really miss the "year" information that I have on local music.

Is it possible to implement this with Spotty as well? (see below what I mean)

vs

steveJC
2019-01-08, 00:29
I have sent you an mp.
the message seems not sent so here is :

So here is my file that findSpotifyFolderFiles has found : https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZagBx7ZFjb0f3hChC8sUbTWYaTxB77hWKL7

I notice that the folders are on reversed order and on the end of the list too.

here's some screen copies of spotify and spotty : https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=kZBCBx7ZN8fUVYmfEvYPRGW3veCWK0Bt0kDX

I notice that on the folder JC, I have two sub folders, in Spotty there are three !
In fact the last playlist (West Coast All Stars) becomes a folder.

I have extracted the relevant parts, so you see the correct order :

/spotify:start-group:fcef2db87a394413:J%C3%A9han5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:5vlGyaNYQHQowOvOMO3 8i95
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:7zo5mh4hNinOqxiUhRv Xlk5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0G0RAwfsqv4tds6q03b 1WQ5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:1YK8xHtH9F1bteNKgeC Gwy5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0PYmfZAOzRRHG1WinmD GwA"
spotify:end-group:fcef2db87a394413'

spotify:start-group:c114731c21a92a90:JC5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0A9RAM1iyv0VEh0SedG L9Z5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0WgSLBWejTIUVYfAGEV OA15
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:4w2JuDpbWIrQB8S94M4 gNs5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:58kaXklPxpoQS0iBIqS ek58
spotify:user:11100626443:playlist:5a6pyA12AABk2t4J hmu3n55
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0IZWHxr9Ash7tw95Dg2 ELJ5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:1MxJQaYAJUz84w1cTQD rnt5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:6Kvv2tb3HaDdTiybBXR g11)

spotify:start-group:c5ec5b29066867f8:Toto5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:3X58UYP1v6bL5cxN6R6 Uck5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:5tvx7CYWeq4eaoiPhUS fC65
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:0ajhaN4oJPwWf98IyKS VZR"
spotify:end-group:c5ec5b29066867f8*

spotify:start-group:30e3ace55346c125:Vinyl5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:6is97d4nrKTeaCa5Yla 5U25
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:3agPclj17h1P7visWZI eBd5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:2lgWdlZBK2ADsBjb16x GtO5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:3VqnDxHWAuhFMwhDAOo qqL5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:3JWJ0kqmvwZr8nYamMB bJN5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:06g7khJDfXkeaig99ek FqI8
spotify:user:12175341979:playlist:7v9z5kC58fyR0ZBZ vVcbRs5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:3DFas2DjsRjpQCn9tn5 dUt5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:161yImBdsppsJITC74E oFX5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:6RK6ZgaTiIZX5mEvfTz zEd5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:5vP8zIXtuCZPrsexCgE GD65
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:1ZYwSueLp9fowKsMiCN 7Vy"
spotify:end-group:30e3ace55346c1255

spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:1TTTOcP31hig6EYRBmv JrI"

spotify:end-group:c114731c21a92a90*

spotify:start-group:7c9a06f13add83aa:Laure5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:5L5TmqRR3TKjgYDHhBk PjA5
spotify:user:stevejcl:playlist:6RJs21ck1oT9cBKwbDS Sk54
spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX8v34oglPI Yy"
spotify:end-group:7c9a06f13add83aa4

spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZEVXcIw6qCxLyc hX;
spotify:user:iloveplaylists:playlist:1V93SRHKAhfJ8 3uFY8YtAg4
spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DWZhxU4AiBy xO4
spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX1S89tRXh2 OS;
spotify:user:iloveplaylists:playlist:3b2H3slq9Qb10 JOwLwMyqt4
spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX1X23oiQRT B54
spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DX3RqcIrDxB iI

edwin2006
2019-01-08, 03:34
Hm, perhaps dumb question but what is the playlist folder problem and what do you notice of that when using spotty?

kidstypike
2019-01-08, 03:51
Hm, perhaps dumb question but what is the playlist folder problem and what do you notice of that when using spotty?

Using the spotify app in say Windows, you can create playlist folders and drag playlists into them. Using the LMS Spotty app the folders don't appear, you just get a flat list of playlists.

mherger
2019-01-08, 04:15
>> I have sent you an mp.
> the message seems not sent so here is :

I received two of them :-). Why did you think it didn't make it?

> I notice that the folders are on reversed order and on the end of the
> list too.

I think I have a fix for the order of the folders within the folder
group. But I'm not sure about their position within the overall menu.
Will give it another try later today.

> I notice that on the folder JC, I have two sub folders, in Spotty there
> are three !
> In fact the last playlist (West Coast All Stars) becomes a folder.

Heh... my code is based on https://github.com/mikez/spotify-folders -
and there's some code in there which didn't make sense to me, nor any
difference. So I did not implement it. But you gave me an example where
it's indeed needed. Should be fixed shortly, too.

Thanks for the file!

--

Michael

reinholdk
2019-01-08, 04:52

Just FYI: Windows 10 version 1803 (and later) has a native curl implementation built-in. (There's 'tar' as well.)

steveJC
2019-01-08, 04:55
[QUOTE=mherger;930831]>> I have sent you an mp.
> the message seems not sent so here is :

I received two of them :-). Why did you think it didn't make it?

I don't see them on my sent items !

steveJC
2019-01-08, 04:58
>>

> I notice that the folders are on reversed order and on the end of the
> list too.

I think I have a fix for the order of the folders within the folder
group. But I'm not sure about their position within the overall menu.
Will give it another try later today.

Michael

The correct order is same as on the file.

Alagazam
2019-01-08, 05:44
Hi Michael

What an awesome plugin! Thanks for all your effort.

Is there anywhere (apart from the LMS plugin folder and installation zip files) like a GIT repo where I can find the source for the plugin?
I found the spotty rust client on your GitHub, but not the plugin itself.

mherger
2019-01-08, 05:54
> The correct order is same as on the file.

Sure. The problem is I have to map the data I get from the API (which is
NOT the same as in this file) with this file's content. It's not a 1:1
mapping.

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-08, 05:54

BTW: how did you extract that file's content?

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-08, 05:56
> Is there anywhere (apart from the LMS plugin folder and installation zip
> files) like a GIT repo where I can find the source for the plugin?
> I found the spotty rust client on your GitHub, but not the plugin
> itself.

The code is all in plain text in the plugin's archive. I started my own
repository years ago using Subversion. Therefore it's not on github (yet?).

What do you plan to do with the code? Patches would be very welcome :-).

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-08, 05:57
> Just FYI: Windows 10 version 1803 (and later) has a native curl
> implementation built-in. (There's 'tar' as well.)

Cool! Alas, I don't want to have to deal with multiple scripts for
Windows... one alone is painful enough :-)

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-08, 06:12
> When browsing spotify albums I really miss the "year" information that I
> have on local music.
>
> Is it possible to implement this with Spotty as well? (see below what I
> mean)

Yes, that should be possible. I'll look into this when I find time.

--

Michael

Alagazam
2019-01-08, 06:15
> Is there anywhere (apart from the LMS plugin folder and installation zip
> files) like a GIT repo where I can find the source for the plugin?
> I found the spotty rust client on your GitHub, but not the plugin
> itself.

The code is all in plain text in the plugin's archive. I started my own
repository years ago using Subversion. Therefore it's not on github (yet?).

What do you plan to do with the code? Patches would be very welcome :-).

--

Michael

Mostly curious, it's kind of fun too look at whats changing between versions. You can learn a lot that way.
I'm a programmer myself, mainly C++/C#. I would be glad to help if I can ;-)

steveJC
2019-01-08, 06:15

BTW: how did you extract that file's content?

--

Michael

It's just in the first line of the file, get it with notepad++ and add line breaks and tab.

Just searching 'start-group'

For :
> I notice that on the folder JC, I have two sub folders, in Spotty there
> are three !
> In fact the last playlist (West Coast All Stars) becomes a folder.

I thinks it's not a bug, because this playlist is empty so I was thinking it's a folder : my fault sorry.

So it's working well.

For accent problem I was testing your script Playlistfolders.pm and change line 65 :

$name = substr($name, 0, -1);

to

$name = substr(Slim::Utils::Unicode::utf8decode($name), 0, -1);

and it's working for me

dan23
2019-01-08, 11:46
Just created an account to thank you for Spotty. It's great to have playlists back in their folders. Very grateful for your help in keeping my Squeezebox Duet cruising along year after year.

mherger
2019-01-08, 21:58
> It's great to have playlists back in their folders.

Good to hear this is working for you! Did it work out of the box, or are
you using one of the helpers to import the folder information? What OS
are you running LMS on?

--

Michael

Hanst1983
2019-01-09, 01:09
Dear Micheal,

I just installed Spotty 2.7.4 on my Loxberry powered Pi3 with LMS and squeezelite plugin.
I have 2 zones with an usb soundcard connected. With a trial premium account i have managed to connect it to spotify.
It works as i see playlist etc. But when i try to music i only hear some cracks and ticks and no sound. Where can i look for a solution?
Restart of the whole pi/lms/.. diddn't work.

Is it the usb soundcard? it is an internal usb soundcard from an amplifier ( nobsound alieexpress amp) or is it al setting somewhere?

Is it neccesary to have a premium account to continue the spottify plugin?

mherger
2019-01-09, 02:57
I just installed Spotty 2.7.4 on my Loxberry powered Pi3 with LMS and squeezelite plugin.
I have 2 zones with an usb soundcard connected. With a trial premium account i have managed to connect it to spotify.
It works as i see playlist etc. But when i try to music i only hear some cracks and ticks and no sound.

Would other sources (internet radio stations, mp3/flac files) work correctly?

rainers61
2019-01-09, 05:10
Hello Michael, I am running Spotty 2.7.1 in daphile (LMS 7.9.2)
Spotty produces audio when controlled via webinterface, but not via Spotify App. Tracks are displayed in GUI and seems running, but there ist no Sound. Ich believe this occurs since one of the last updates.
Do you have any idea about that? Thankyou very much in advance.

mherger
2019-01-09, 05:41
> Hello Michael, I am running Spotty 2.7.1 in daphile (LMS 7.9.2)
> Spotty produces audio when controlled via webinterface, but not via
> Spotify App. Tracks are displayed in GUI and seems running, but there
> ist no Sound. Ich believe this occurs since one of the last updates.

Please enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty, try again. Then send me a
copy of your server.log.zip file
https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-09, 06:13
> Hello Michael, I am running Spotty 2.7.1 in daphile (LMS 7.9.2)
> ist no Sound. Ich believe this occurs since one of the last updates.

Is "TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE" your "Squeezebox"? That's where it tries to play.

Unfortunately other than that the log file didn't reveal much. Could you
please enable INFO logging for player.source, too, then try again?

--

Michael

rainers61
2019-01-09, 06:33
> ist no Sound. Ich believe this occurs since one of the last updates.[/color]

>> Is "TEAC USB AUDIO DEVICE" your "Squeezebox"? That's where it tries to play.

that is correct

>Unfortunately other than that the log file didn't reveal much. Could you
>please enable INFO logging for player.source, too, then try again?

done

mherger
2019-01-09, 07:14
Daphile seems to add another custom-convert.conf file, or is somehow
else overwriting the transcoding rules. And they break Spotty. Please
get in touch with the Daphile guys.

--

Michael

rainers61
2019-01-09, 07:31
Daphile seems to add another custom-convert.conf file, or is somehow
else overwriting the transcoding rules. And they break Spotty. Please
get in touch with the Daphile guys.

--

Michael

Thank you very much for your analysis, Michael. I will try to contact them.
Rainer

Hayrickshaw
2019-01-10, 07:14
Hi
I have containerised LMS 7.9.2 instances in two different places, one with a "fast" internet connection (~70Mbps) and one "slow" (~2Mbps). Spotty is working perfectly at the "fast" location - thank you Michael - but at the "slow" location it always fails to authenticate when a stream is sent to it from (say) a phone. At the "slow" location I can send the stream to an Amazon Fire TV stick so it is possible to authenticate devices on the "slow" connection, but not Spotty.
Any ideas? Could there be a timeout in Spotty somewhere that is causing authentication to fail?

slartibartfast
2019-01-10, 07:24
Hi
I have containerised LMS 7.9.2 instances in two different places, one with a "fast" internet connection (~70Mbps) and one "slow" (~2Mbps). Spotty is working perfectly at the "fast" location - thank you Michael - but at the "slow" location it always fails to authenticate when a stream is sent to it from (say) a phone. At the "slow" location I can send the stream to an Amazon Fire TV stick so it is possible to authenticate devices on the "slow" connection, but not Spotty.
Any ideas? Could there be a timeout in Spotty somewhere that is causing authentication to fail?Isn't this the same issue as this one?
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=930832

pablolie
2019-01-10, 09:04
This is by no means a bug report, just wanted to point out a UI peculiarity that probably has its source in the Spotify API.

If you use Spotify as a UI, and pick your Squeezeboxen from the "Device Available" tab, the LMS UI (provided you switch to it) will only Display the *first* song of the playlist in the "playlist queue white box" (see attached), but the correct current song in the "now playing gray box".

Happy 2019!

anadigi
2019-01-10, 09:10
Thank you very much for your analysis, Michael. I will try to contact them.
Rainer

I have been using Daphile for a very long time. I have never have problem with Spotify.

mherger
2019-01-10, 09:11
> If you use Spotify as a UI, and pick your Squeezeboxen from the "Device
> Available" tab, the LMS UI (provided you switch to it) will only Display
> the *first* song of the playlist in the "playlist queue white box" (see
> attached), but the correct current song in the "now playing gray box".

Are you running the latest 7.9.2 nightly? I thought I fixed this a few
weeks ago.

--

Michael

pablolie
2019-01-10, 09:14
> Are you running the latest 7.9.2 nightly? I thought I fixed this a few
weeks ago.

Figures :-) I am lagging in 7.9.1 :-) Will update LMS and the Plugin! Thanks!

mherger
2019-01-10, 09:37
> I have been using Daphile for a very long time. I have never have
> problem with Spotify.

Try using Spotify Connect to play on Daphile using the latest Spotty 2.7.x.

--

Michael

bakker_be
2019-01-10, 13:50
Figures :-) I am lagging in 7.9.1 :-) Will update LMS and the Plugin! Thanks!

At the very least this was already solved in 7.9.2 - 1545144292 @ Tue Dec 18 16:18:25 CET 2018

Hayrickshaw
2019-01-11, 08:02
Isn't this the same issue as this one?
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=930832

Yes it is. My goof. Apologies.

mherger
2019-01-13, 00:07
v2.7.x introduced the possibility to import information about the playlist folder hierarchy. This officially isn't supported by Spotify's servers. But I've found a workaround to (semi-)automatically grab that information from a Spotify application installed on your computer.

With v2.7.3 I added a web interface which allows management of imported playlist folder information. It also gives some instructions about how to import the data from your computer. Plus some bug fixes.

d6jg
2019-01-13, 04:55
@michael

I went to play a long-standing LMS playlist this am that contained a mix of local and Spotify tracks. None of the Spotify tracks are there anymore,

Is this because I cleared the Spotify search list?

Otherwise Spotty is working as it should.

d6jg
2019-01-13, 05:15
To expand on above

The placeholders are in the playlists with (it appears) the correct url but no cover art or track info.

When played the track does indeed play but with “Remote Streaming” as the only display

mherger
2019-01-13, 05:15
> I went to play a long-standing LMS playlist this am that contained a mix
> of local and Spotify tracks. None of the Spotify tracks are there
> anymore,
>
> Is this because I cleared the Spotify search list?

No, certainly not. Any trace in server.log or scanner.log? Would a
re-scan fix this?

--

Michael

d6jg
2019-01-13, 05:30
I’ll rescan and advise later

d6jg
2019-01-13, 06:17
post clean & rescan - no obvious errors in scanner or server log

this is a playlist of versions of Really Got Me - the Spotify tracks are indeed the correct URL

d6jg
2019-01-13, 06:29
@michael

Hold fire on any investigation
Looks like a permissions issue has occurred on the playlists folder. I’ll need to correct and do some testing. Scanner is reporting a different playlist as non existent on server when in fact it is and ostensibly has the same permissions as this playlist which LMS clearly can see!

ElFishi
2019-01-13, 13:00
Here I am back with a problem that I had before, but that went away in the meantime. Now its back:

System is Rpi3b+, pCP 4.0 with LMS and Squeezelite/Jivelite
Everything ran OK, sometimes the connection btn the Win10 Spotify app and the player was lost, but most of the time the connection could easily be re-established from the app.

Now spotty-hf crashes every time I try to connect from the app. Spotty-hf restarts and I can see it in the app again, but as soon as I connect the spotty-hf process is gone.

Playing music from spotty inside the LMS gui works on the other hand.

Help?

mherger
2019-01-13, 13:50
> Hold fire on any investigation
> Looks like a permissions issue has occurred on the playlists folder.

There's some good in enjoying a lazy weekend :-D.

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-13, 13:51
> Now spotty-hf crashes every time I try to connect from the app.

What has changed between when it was working and now?

--

Michael

d6jg
2019-01-13, 14:16
> Hold fire on any investigation
> Looks like a permissions issue has occurred on the playlists folder.

There's some good in enjoying a lazy weekend :-D.

--

Michael

Yes enjoy your Sunday Michael. Can I suggest that you might want to relax with a little music if you have something to play it on :)

ElFishi
2019-01-13, 14:43
> Now spotty-hf crashes every time I try to connect from the app.

What has changed between when it was working and now?

--

Michael

Nothing I am aware of, unfortunately. I had that condition before, but I am likewise not clear why it had begun to work again.
I updated to the latest nightly and spotty, but no change.

mherger
2019-01-13, 22:47
> if you have something to play it on :)

Haha... you have no idea how yesterday I told my wife that sometimes I'd
like to have a room with my stereo, where I could listen to my music and
crank the volume up!... Unfortunately we have rather thin walls... and
my nice system is sitting in the office, where I hardly have the time to
really enjoy the music. But in a few years, when the kids prefer to stay
away from their father anyway, I'll take it back home :-D

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-13, 22:48
> Nothing I am aware of, unfortunately. I had that condition before, but I
> am likewise not clear why it had begun to work again.
> I updated to the lightest nightly and spotty, but no change.

Nothing in the server.log? I know that a few weeks ago we had quite some
issues with Spotify's servers returning unexpected responses (status 204).

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-01-13, 23:44
> Nothing I am aware of, unfortunately. I had that condition before, but I
> am likewise not clear why it had begun to work again.
> I updated to the lightest nightly and spotty, but no change.

Nothing in the server.log? I know that a few weeks ago we had quite some
issues with Spotify's servers returning unexpected responses (status 204).

--

Michael
I did attach the server.log with spotty in Info log level. In there is nothing I can make sense of.
spotty-hf just dies without a line.

mherger
2019-01-14, 00:53
> I did attach the server.log with spotty in Info log level. In there is
> nothing I can make sense of.
> spotty-hf just dies without a line.

You could try to run it from a shell, to see whether you'd get something
to errout. You'll find the command line you need in the log file, where
it says it's restarting it.

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-01-14, 10:12
> I did attach the server.log with spotty in Info log level. In there is
> nothing I can make sense of.
> spotty-hf just dies without a line.

You could try to run it from a shell, to see whether you'd get something
to errout. You'll find the command line you need in the log file, where
it says it's restarting it.

--

Michael

This is what I get when I start the process from the command line and try to connect from Spotify:

tc@Largo:~$ /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/spotty/b827eb2bbf6
9 -n Largo --disable-audio-cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac b8:27:eb:2b:bf:69 --lms 192.168.0.111:9000
thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ChannelError', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:916:5
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
Aborted
tc@Largo:~$ RUST_BACKTRACE=1 /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/spotty/b827eb2bbf69 -n Largo --disable-audio-
cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac b8:27:eb:2b:bf:69 --lms 192.168.0.111:9000

thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ChannelError', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:916:5
stack backtrace:
0: <unknown>
1: <unknown>
2: <unknown>
3: <unknown>
4: <unknown>
5: <unknown>
Aborted
tc@Largo:~$

mherger
2019-01-14, 22:09
> tc@Largo:~$ /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/spotty/b827eb2bbf6
> 9 -n Largo --disable-audio-cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac b8:27:eb:2b:bf:69 --lms 192.168.0.111:9000
> thread '<unnamed>' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ChannelError', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:916:5

Hmm... I thought ChannelError was mostly caused by networking issues.
Could something have changed in your network? Are you using a firewall?
I assume outgoing traffic like eg. browsing internet radio stations is
working fine?

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-01-15, 00:01
Yes, everything else goes fine. E.g. playing music from spotify via the LMS front end works.

But guess what, also spotty connect is working again this morning. :confused:

Does connect use special ports or somethng?

ElFishi
2019-01-16, 01:42
Hmm... I thought ChannelError was mostly caused by networking issues.
Could something have changed in your network? Are you using a firewall?

the Windows 10 machine running the Spotify app has the windows firewall up, nothing else.
connection to the internet from the RPi/pCP goes via WiFi (5GHz) / fritz.repeater as access point / ethernet / fritz.box as DSL modem

no changes in any of that

Hayrickshaw
2019-01-17, 09:15
Yes it is. My goof. Apologies.
So I have abandoned LMS in a container and useda QNAP deployment from QNAPclub (www.qnapclub.eu/en/repo.xml). Everything now works fine - no obvious problems, thank you

analox
2019-01-17, 09:17
LMS 7.9.2 / Spotty 2.7.3

recently had to move to new server PC and had to change my internet provider as well.

after reinstall, spotty itself plays back songs as expected, but remains invisible for other spotify devices
(and vice versa - does not see other spotify clients)
last year this feature worked well here. (ordinary IP4 DSL back then)

it is conceivable that there may be problems with my new provider Unitymedia?
they use IP6 internally with IP4 gateway thus I do not have a visible IP4 address.

regards
Uli

mherger
2019-01-17, 09:32
> after reinstall, spotty itself plays back songs as expected, but remains
> invisible for other spotify devices
> (and vice versa - does not see other spotify clients)
> last year this feature worked well here. (ordinary IP4 DSL back then)

Did you get a new access point? Are your mobile devices on the same
network as your LMS?

--

Michael

analox
2019-01-17, 15:39
>>Did you get a new access point?
yes. fritz 6490

>>Are your mobile devices on the same network as your LMS?
yes, all reside inside same subnet

will asap try to connect to neighbours ordinary IP4 dsl via wifi and return results here

ElFishi
2019-01-18, 00:53
Yes, everything else goes fine. E.g. playing music from spotify via the LMS front end works.

But guess what, also spotty connect is working again this morning. :confused:

Does connect use special ports or somethng?

this morning, in the middle of playing music via connect it stopped again.
When I try to re-connect I get the same error as before.

tc@Largo:~$ /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf -c /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/spotty/b827eb2bbf69 -n 'Largo, Cabinetbo
x & Goldfinger' --disable-audio-cache --bitrate 96 --player-mac b8:27:eb:2b:bf:69 --lms 192.168.0.111:9000
Aborted
tc@Largo:~$

What is this?

mherger
2019-01-18, 01:19
> this morning, in the middle of playing music via connect it stopped
> again.
> When I try to re-connect I get the same error as before.

Something's odd there. The fact that it's running fine for a while, then
suddenly crashes, makes this hard to grasp.

I can try to get you a build with debug information. If run with
RUST_BACKTRACE=1 this might be useful. Would you be willing and able to
run this test? The debug version will consume much more memory and CPU.
But it might help us to better understand what's going on.

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-01-18, 08:35
I can try to get you a build with debug information. If run with
RUST_BACKTRACE=1 this might be useful. Would you be willing and able to
run this test?

Yes, Sir.
It may take a day or two for me to return with results as I need to
a) have the condition occur and
b) have a minute to pull out the trace.

TCM
2019-01-18, 14:52
I cannot install Spotty

I'm running LMS 7.9.2 on pCP 4.1.0 and when I'm trying to "install" the Spotty plugin it doesn't work.
I check the box next to the Spotty plugin, I restart LMS and then the Spotty plugin sits at the top. "Updated plugins available"
Whatever I do after that, the plugin goes down to "3rd Party Plugins"

Are there any known problems?

TCM
2019-01-19, 02:33
I can add that I've been running this setup before and I just did a new install. I tried to install another plugin (LazySearch) and there were no problems

mherger
2019-01-19, 06:51
> I'm running LMS 7.9.2 on pCP 4.1.0 and when I'm trying to "install" the
> Spotty plugin it doesn't work.

Did you wait until you got prompted to restart LMS? Could you please
check server.log whether there's any hint about why it's failing to install?

And what would the following command give you?

curl -I http://downloads.nixda.ch/Spotty-2.7.3.zip

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-19, 07:15
>> I can try to get you a build with debug information. If run with
>> RUST_BACKTRACE=1 this might be useful. Would you be willing and able to

Ok, here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpd7shsupz6pf4i/spotty-custom.bz2?dl=0

Put it somewhere in your bin search path (see Settings/Information) and
keep its name. It should then be picked up by LMS. Run it from the
command line as before, replacing the binary name with the new one
(spotty-custom). Good luck!

--

Michael

TCM
2019-01-19, 07:39

--

Michael

Yes, I waited until prompted. I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check the log or try the command. I'll get back tomorrow
Thanks Michael

ElFishi
2019-01-19, 15:20
>> I can try to get you a build with debug information. If run with
>> RUST_BACKTRACE=1 this might be useful. Would you be willing and able to

Ok, here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cpd7shsupz6pf4i/spotty-custom.bz2?dl=0

Put it somewhere in your bin search path (see Settings/Information) and
keep its name. It should then be picked up by LMS. Run it from the
command line as before, replacing the binary name with the new one
(spotty-custom). Good luck!

--

Michael

thx, picked it up and got it to work.
Right now, however, spotty is back to normal and working alright.
Now I am on watch for the system to trip again.

ElFishi
2019-01-20, 05:00
So, spotty broken again and here is the trace.

I start spotty-custom as advised and get a player shown in the Spotify windows app that I can connect to.
When I do that I get the output as attached.

The moment I connect to the player shown the first part of trace comes out from ERROR:librespot_core just before thread 'main' panicked.
The spotify app then says that it is connected to that player. This behaviour is different from the behaviour spotty-hf shows. spotty-hf completely dies when I try to connect.

The second part of the trace starting from thread 'main' panicked only gets printed when I press play in the Spotty Windows app.

EDIT:
spotty does (at the moment) not crash when I connect from an Android tablet with Spotify app.
EDIT 2:
only once. Now spotty also dies when connected to from the Android app.

rainers61
2019-01-20, 08:46
> I have been using Daphile for a very long time. I have never have
> problem with Spotify.

Try using Spotify Connect to play on Daphile using the latest Spotty 2.7.x.

--

Michael

FYI, the problem is fixed now with latest Daphile version (19.01)
Rainer

TCM
2019-01-20, 08:54

--

Michael

[19-01-20 16:47:52.9743] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:47:54.2646] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:54.2858] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:54.5115] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:54.5315] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:55.5443] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:55.5641] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:55.8924] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:47:59.6560] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:59.6754] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:48:21.6119] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[19-01-20 16:49:00.3276] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:49:01.2780] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:49:01.2774] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device
at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Utils/PluginManager.pm line 862.
[19-01-20 16:49:01.9441] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:01.9670] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:02.2713] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:02.2906] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:03.3223] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:03.3432] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:03.6763] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:49:07.1913] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:07.2108] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:12.4664] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[19-01-20 16:50:31.4265] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:50:32.5294] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:50:32.5288] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device
[19-01-20 16:50:33.1921] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:33.2551] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:33.4836] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:33.5044] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:34.5378] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:34.5580] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:34.8885] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:50:38.2206] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:38.2403] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

slartibartfast
2019-01-20, 08:57
[19-01-20 16:47:52.9743] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:47:54.2646] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:54.2858] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:54.5115] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:54.5315] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:55.5443] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:55.5641] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:47:55.8924] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:47:59.6560] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:47:59.6754] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:48:21.6119] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[19-01-20 16:49:00.3276] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:49:01.2780] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:49:01.2774] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device
[19-01-20 16:49:01.9441] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:01.9670] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:02.2713] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:02.2906] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:03.3223] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:03.3432] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:03.6763] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:49:07.1913] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:49:07.2108] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:49:12.4664] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[19-01-20 16:50:31.4265] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-20 16:50:32.5294] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:50:32.5288] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device
[19-01-20 16:50:33.1921] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:33.2551] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:33.4836] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:33.5044] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:34.5378] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:34.5580] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-20 16:50:34.8885] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-20 16:50:38.2206] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-20 16:50:38.2403] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!The log says you have no space left on device.

mherger
2019-01-20, 09:36
> [19-01-20 16:49:01.2780] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:49:01.2774] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device

That would be the reason for the installation failure. Running out of
disk space could have corrupted your database files, too. Once you've
freed some space (or increased the partition size) you should run a scan
and monitor log files for messages about corrupted files.

--

Michael

TCM
2019-01-20, 09:36
The log says you have no space left on device.

Hahaha now I feel stupid :o
Thanks, it's working now
I just had to resize partition

slartibartfast
2019-01-20, 09:37
Hahaha now I feel stupid :o
Thanks, it's working now
I just had to resize partition[emoji3]

TCM
2019-01-20, 11:20
> [19-01-20 16:49:01.2780] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [16:49:01.2774] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device

That would be the reason for the installation failure. Running out of
disk space could have corrupted your database files, too. Once you've
freed some space (or increased the partition size) you should run a scan
and monitor log files for messages about corrupted files.

--

Michael

At the moment I'm only using Spotify. There're no local music files. Could there still be a problem?

wjd
2019-01-21, 16:15
I am using spotty for a few weks now. Works fine, but sometimes at the end of a track it doesn’t skip to the next track of the playlist. Anyone else having this problem too?

mherger
2019-01-21, 22:41
> I am using spotty for a few weks now. Works fine, but sometimes at the
> end of a track it doesn’t skip to the next track of the playlist. Anyone
> else having this problem too?

If that's in Connect mode, then yes, unfortunately we've seen cases
where the Spotify servers would return unexpected responses, and where I
haven't found a way to recover from them yet. Please make sure you're
running the latest Spotty plugin all the time.

--

Michael

shadowlight
2019-01-22, 18:09
Strange issue with the plugin and using Connect mode. Every time start playing it always says ~2min 12sec on ios device. Is it possible that I might have missed a setting for the plugin or on the ios app itself?

mherger
2019-01-23, 01:21
> Strange issue with the plugin and using Connect mode. Every time start
> playing it always says ~2min 12sec on ios device. Is it possible that I
> might have missed a setting for the plugin or on the ios app itself?

I'm not sure I understand. What are these 2min 12 secs shown? The
duration? The current position in the track? Does it have any impact on
the actual playback?

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-23, 01:23
> I start spotty-custom as advised and get a player shown in the Spotify
> windows app that I can connect to.
> When I do that I get the output as attached.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out from this log file what is going
wrong :-(.

--

Michael

BillatLakeGeorge
2019-01-23, 13:17
Using Spotty 2.7.3 when I try to connect to squeezebox it flashes on for split second and then off and squeezebox is no longer available in connect window. Roku connect works fine.

Synology DS 418j LMS 7.9.2-168.0011

Helper ARMv8/aarch64v.0.12.0

shadowlight
2019-01-23, 18:56
> Strange issue with the plugin and using Connect mode. Every time start
> playing it always says ~2min 12sec on ios device. Is it possible that I
> might have missed a setting for the plugin or on the ios app itself?

I'm not sure I understand. What are these 2min 12 secs shown? The
duration? The current position in the track? Does it have any impact on
the actual playback?

--

Michael

Michael,

Thanks for all the wonderful plugin for Qobuz, Deezer and Spotify.

Additional detail on the issue that I am running into with Spotty plugin.

The first two song starts playing around 2min 10 to 20sec.

Here is what I did today to recreate:
1) Set Squeezebox Classic to Spotty from My Apps
2) Start Spotify iOS App
3) Start playing a song
4) Select "Connect to a Device" and select Squeezebox Classic
5) iOS time tracking says 2:20 sec or so, same thing on the time bar on Squeeze time bar
6) The time line bar on iOS device and Squeeze never match up

Running LMS 7.9.2 running on Windows Server 2016, Spotty version is 2.7.3

Thank You

mherger
2019-01-23, 22:36
> Using Spotty 2.7.3 when I try to connect to squeezebox it flashes on for
> split second and then off and squeezebox is no longer available in
> connect window. Roku connect works fine.

Please enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty, reproduce, then send me
your server.log.zip: https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-23, 22:37
> The first two song starts playing around 2min 10 to 20sec.

What are "the first two"? The first two in a playlist? The others would
play just fine?

> Here is what I did today to recreate:
> 1) Set Squeezebox Classic to Spotty from My Apps
> 2) Start Spotify iOS App
> 3) Start playing a song
> 4) Select "Connect to a Device" and select Squeezebox Classic
> 5) iOS time tracking says 2:20 sec or so, same thing on the time bar on
> Squeeze time bar

Please enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty and send me your
server.log.zip.

--

Michael

analox
2019-01-25, 01:28
LMS 7.9.2 / Spotty 2.7.3

recently had to move to new server PC and had to change my internet provider as well.

after reinstall, spotty itself plays back songs as expected, but remains invisible for other spotify devices
(and vice versa - does not see other spotify clients)
last year this feature worked well here. (ordinary IP4 DSL back then)

it is conceivable that there may be problems with my new provider Unitymedia?
they use IP6 internally with IP4 gateway thus I do not have a visible IP4 address.

regards
Uli

Tried IP 4 connection using my neighbours WIFI. no change.
But I realized that was a dumb idea anyway... because

all other spotify devices inside my LAN see each other, eg PC, iPad and cell phone.
all works well with the exception of the squeezebox inside the device list.
(While the audio playback itsellf works fine on the SB)

Before I had to reinstall due to changing my server hardware
it all worked fine here, including connect.

mherger
2019-01-25, 03:15
Before I had to reinstall due to changing my server hardware
it all worked fine here, including connect.

Probably a stupid question... but did re-enable Connect for all the players you want to see exposed? This is disabled by default.

jamesrfisher
2019-01-25, 07:25
Hi

What version of LMS is needed to runthe Spotty plug-in?

Thanks

mherger
2019-01-25, 07:35
> What version of LMS is needed to runthe Spotty plug-in?

7.7.x should be fine. Minor features would be missing, eg. scanning
within a track.

--

Michael

jamesrfisher
2019-01-25, 08:39
Thanks

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 02:27
Hi, i've downloaded final version of picore and using the last version of lms. Unfortunately, i cant activate spotty from plugins setting. I entered your repo url, choose the plugin, enable it and then press apply. But it doesnt upgrade to the final version and i cant see it in the active plugins. It still stays on the deactived plugins list. Where could be the problem? Thanks.

analox
2019-01-28, 06:47
Probably a stupid question... but did re-enable Connect for all the players you want to see exposed? This is disabled by default.

good god! feeling like an idiot. the connect box wasn't ticked.
didn't remember I set that during the last install ....

A P O L O G I E S !!!

and many thanks for a really cool plugin

mherger
2019-01-28, 09:25
> Hi, i've downloaded final version of picore and using the last version
> of lms. Unfortunately, i cant activate spotty from plugins setting. I
> entered your repo url, choose the plugin, enable it and then press
> apply. But it doesnt upgrade to the final version and i cant see it in
> the active plugins. It still stays on the deactived plugins list. Where
> could be the problem? Thanks.
Remove whatever repository you added for this. It's not required. Then
try again. Check your server.log file for any hint about the installation.

--
--

Michael

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 11:12
> Hi, i've downloaded final version of picore and using the last version
> of lms. Unfortunately, i cant activate spotty from plugins setting. I
> entered your repo url, choose the plugin, enable it and then press
> apply. But it doesnt upgrade to the final version and i cant see it in
> the active plugins. It still stays on the deactived plugins list. Where
> could be the problem? Thanks.
Remove whatever repository you added for this. It's not required. Then
try again. Check your server.log file for any hint about the installation.

[19-01-28 20:06:52.3306] Slim::Plugin::Extensions::Settings::handler (35) attempt to set params with band random number - ignoring
[19-01-28 20:06:56.0947] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-28 20:06:56.1161] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-28 20:07:33.4628] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[19-01-28 20:07:34.8487] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1252) Warning: [20:07:34.8476] IO error: write error during copy : No space left on device
[19-01-28 20:07:36.5904] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-28 20:07:36.6141] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-28 20:07:36.9842] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-28 20:07:37.0054] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!
[19-01-28 20:07:38.1924] main::checkDataSource (1110) Warning: Schema updated or no media found in the database, initiating scan.
[19-01-28 20:07:43.6229] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (374) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table
[19-01-28 20:07:43.6434] Slim::Schema::forceCommit (2147) Warning: Trying to commit transactions before DB is initialized!

--
--

Michael

There is the final log page,is this the no space left error? why it can happen?

slartibartfast
2019-01-28, 11:16
There is the final log page,is this the no space left error? why it can happen?Have you expanded your file system to fit the SD card?

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 11:21
No,i have not.

slartibartfast
2019-01-28, 11:23
No,i have not.That explains the "Out of space" error then.

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 11:24
How can i do that in picore?

kidstypike
2019-01-28, 11:25
How can i do that in picore?

Main page > "Resize FS".

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 11:31
thanks,which size should i choose? whole sd card?

kidstypike
2019-01-28, 11:42
thanks,which size should i choose? whole sd card?

That's what I do.

Srhombeus
2019-01-28, 11:47
thank you very much for your help,its working.

PhiWobst
2019-01-30, 12:45
Hi all,

I am trying to get the Spotify plugin running on my Mac mini running LMS 7.9.2. However, following the instructions I am not able to authorize my LMS to use spotify. I have alson installed spotify and it is running on my mac. I also tried to supply my username and password but that did not work either (thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 61, message: "Connection refused" } }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4)

With activated debug for the log file I get the following error:

[19-01-30 20:31:09.6633] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[19-01-30 20:31:35.4119] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::renameCacheFolder (364) Trying to rename __AUTHENTICATE__ to
[19-01-30 20:31:35.4122] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::renameCacheFolder (366) Error: No newId found in '__AUTHENTICATE__'
[19-01-30 20:31:35.4127] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::renameCacheFolder (366) Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Plugin.pm line 366)
frame 1: Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::renameCacheFolder (/Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Settings/Auth.pm line 173)
frame 2: Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::cleanup (/Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Settings.pm line 57)
frame 3: Plugins::Spotty::Settings::handler (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1124)
frame 4: Slim::Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 894)
frame 5: Slim::Web::HTTP::processURL (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 691)
frame 6: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
frame 7: (eval) (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 119)
frame 8: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 168)
frame 9: (eval) (/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 168)
frame 10: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (./slimserver.pl line 727)
frame 11: main::idle (./slimserver.pl line 677)
frame 12: main::main (./slimserver.pl line 1213)

[19-01-30 20:31:35.5550] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (150) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
/Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotty -c /Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__ -n Spotify Authorization (Philips Mac mini) -a
[19-01-30 20:31:35.5641] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotty
[19-01-30 20:31:35.8141] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (199) Found helper application: /Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotty
[19-01-30 20:32:09.6683] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[19-01-30 20:33:09.6702] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...

[19-01-30 20:41:47.1198] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (63) Trying to authenticate using: /Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level/spotty -c "/Users/philipwobst/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify Authorization (Philips Mac mini)" -u "philip@lebst-du-schon.de" -p "********" -a --disable-discovery
[19-01-30 20:41:47.5826] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (75) Authorization failed: called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 61, message: "Connection refused" } }: thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 61, message: "Connection refused" } }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards and thanks for your work Michael,

Philip

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1548605546 @ Sun Jan 27 17:43:26 CET 2019
Hostname: PhilipsMacMiniWHG6.fritz.box
Server IP Address: 192.168.178.231
Operating system: OS X 10.11.6 - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64

mherger
2019-01-31, 06:35
I am trying to get the Spotify plugin running on my Mac mini running LMS 7.9.2. However, following the instructions I am not able to authorize my LMS to use spotify. I have alson installed spotify and it is running on my mac. I also tried to supply my username and password but that did not work either (thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Os { code: 61, message: "Connection refused" } }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4)

Sounds as if a firewall or other was blocking the connection. Did you lock down internet access on your router, or are you using a proxy?

PhiWobst
2019-01-31, 09:29
Sounds as if a firewall or other was blocking the connection. Did you lock down internet access on your router, or are you using a proxy?

Hello Michael,

you are right - that was the solution. I did lock down internet access on my router (AVM Fritzbox) and now with no restrictions it does work right away! Thank you very much. Any chance to let me know which ports I need to allow for this to work as I would like to reactivate the restricted access with the exemptions for Spotify.

Best regards from Hannover,

Philip

mherger
2019-01-31, 09:31
Hi Philip,

> you are right - that was the *solution*. I did lock down internet access
> on my router (AVM Fritzbox) and now with no restrictions it does work
> right away! Thank you very much. Any chance to let me know which ports I
> need to allow for this to work as I would like to reactivate the
> restricted access with the exemptions for Spotify.

Most likely it's 4070. Other than that it's using 80/443 - which you
likely have not blocked :-).

--

Michael

PhiWobst
2019-01-31, 10:07
Most likely it's 4070. Other than that it's using 80/443 - which you
likely have not blocked :-).

I will give it a try - currently I am enjoying Spotify top tracks. :cool:

cosmin
2019-02-10, 03:29
Hi All,

I get also the MercuryError.

Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

error getting token MercuryError
[19-02-10 10:44:30.7851] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token

I read all the posts about it, but somehow I cannot fix it. First is that my setup is different than the previous ones:
I'm running LMS 7.9.2 with Spotty plugin 2.7.3 on a Linux Mint machine.

I have an older LMS running on a Synology NAS and there the Spotify works fine. Last week I installed this new machine and here it doesn't work.
Things I've already done:
- Checked credentials - they are fine - the same as on the working Synology installation.
- Executed:
sudo ./spotty-x86_64 -n LMS --get-token -c /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/5c177dec/ --client-id kitchen -v with result:
error getting token MercuryError
- Executed:

curl https://api.spotify.com
<html>
<head><title>302 Found</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>302 Found</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

- Executed:

curl https://api.spotify.com/v1/me
{
"error": {
"status": 401,
"message": "No token provided"
}
}

I think the call doesn't even get to Spotify. I removed the squeeze app from the spotify account and since then there is new entry for it, so there was no request to register the app.

My guess is that something on the way is blocking the access to spotify... can be the local iptables or the fritz.box, but I don't know how to check this.
On what address and port does the spotty plugin connect to spotify?

And another thing: How do I enable the debug information for the spotty plugin? Is there a log configuration file (like log4j.properties...)?

Thanks for any help.

NeverSimple
2019-02-10, 08:38
And another thing: How do I enable the debug information for the spotty plugin? Is there a log configuration file (like log4j.properties...)?

Thanks for any help.

Webinterface of your LMS server: Settings > Advanced > choose 'logging' from the dropdown menu. Look for 'plugin.Spotty' and set the severity to what you want. If you want it to survive a reboot check the box on top of the page.

murkey
2019-02-13, 11:12
This is the first time I've ever posted anything, so if I'm doing something wrong please let me know.

Yesterday I upgraded LMS 7.7.5 to 7.9.2. LMS resides on an iMac running 10.13.6. The Spotty plugin is v2.7.3. I am using a Logitech Touch(Firmware 7.80-16754) that uses the wireless connection to attach to the in house network. As long as I'm logged into the Mac, Spotty works as it did under LMS 7.7.5. If I log out and start Spotty on the Touch, the screen looks normal(artwork, controls...etc display, slider bar moves) but there is no sound and an error message displays in server.log. See below. When this happens all other apps and non-spotify music still work fine on the Touch. If I logon to the Mac, stop and start LMS, everything is back to normal. LMS Status tab is set to 'Automatically start server when system boots'. Please let me know what I have to do so that I don't have to stop and start LMS before using Spotty.

Thanks
Murray

PS
I don't know if this a clue or not, but I couldn't cut and paste the contents of the Information tab from LMS because that window kept 'blinking'.

[19-02-13 11:05:58.8383] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /Users/mkeys/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Error { repr: Custom(Custom { kind: Other, error: StringError("failed to lookup address information: nodename nor servname provided, or not known") }) }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
[19-02-13 11:05:58.8385] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token

Stop and Start Server

[19-02-13 11:19:15.0552] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1549869508, Mon Feb 11 08:42:41 CET 2019) perl 5.018002 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
[19-02-13 11:19:16.0974] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1549869508, Mon Feb 11 08:42:41 CET 2019) perl 5.018002 - darwin-thread-multi-2level

mherger
2019-02-13, 22:31
> [19-02-13 11:05:58.8383] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179)
> Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset
> 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at
> /Users/mkeys/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm
> line 176.
>
> thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value:
> Error { repr: Custom(Custom { kind: Other, error: StringError("failed to
> lookup address information: nodename nor servname provided, or not
> known") }) }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
> note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

I don't know why this would change behaviour upon log-off. But did you
enable the firewall? Is spotty allowed to reach the internet?

--

Michael

murkey
2019-02-16, 05:30
> [19-02-13 11:05:58.8383] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179)
> Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset
> 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at
> /Users/mkeys/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm
> line 176.
>
> thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value:
> Error { repr: Custom(Custom { kind: Other, error: StringError("failed to
> lookup address information: nodename nor servname provided, or not
> known") }) }', src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
> note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.

I don't know why this would change behaviour upon log-off. But did you
enable the firewall? Is spotty allowed to reach the internet?

--

Michael

I don't believe there is a firewall.

System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Firewall displays Firewall: Off

Please let me know I how determine/allow spotty to reach the internet.

Thanks
Murray

Michael;

I now have sound from spotty when the iMac is logged off. I restored the Touch to factory defaults - that made no difference. However, restarting the Mac appears to have corrected the problem. I would still like to know how to determine if spotty can reach the internet.

Thank you for all your help.
Murray

jcfergus
2019-02-19, 16:58
Hi,
I'm running LMS Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1536072399 on MacOS 10.13.6. In case it matters, Spotify is installed on this Mac.
After installing Spotty 2.7.3, first time I've attempted to use Spotty, I get the following error when opening Settings. I've never previously attempted to use Spotty.

Suggestions?

There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me:

Operating system: macOS 10.13.6 / x86_64

Helper Applications Folder:
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Bin/darwin-x86_64
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Bin/darwin
/Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Bin
/usr/bin
/bin
/usr/sbin
/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/libexec
/Volumes/User Data/Users/Jim/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Volumes/User Data/Users/Jim/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin

mherger
2019-02-19, 22:26
Hi,
I'm running LMS Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1536072399 on MacOS 10.13.6. In case it matters, Spotify is installed on this Mac.

There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me:

Operating system: macOS 10.13.6 / x86_64

Helper Applications Folder:
/Volumes/User Data/Users/Jim/Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/darwin-thread-multi-2level

That platform certainly should work - it's been my dev environment (before upgrading to 10.14). Please check above folder in a terminal. There should be an executable called "spotty". What happens if you try to run it from the terminal?

Please also go to Settings/Advanced/Logging and set logging for plugin.spotty to INFO, then try to authenticate again, upload the server.log.zip to https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a.

ElFishi
2019-02-22, 07:47
I have a strange new problem:
When Spotty is run via Connect from the spotify app, I can't change to a different playlist. When I try to start any of the Spotify playlists in the app, Spotty simply continues to play from the present playlist.
The app als recognises this and shows the right song being played. Pressing play on another list, starts the first song from the old list.

I can terminate the Spotty connection and have the app play music from the same computer. Then I can chose another playlist and it will work as expected, playing from this computer. Then I go back to connect spotty (and possibly crash spotty and wait for it to come up again). Once connected again spotty will play the new playlist.

slartibartfast
2019-02-22, 08:25
I have a strange new problem:
When Spotty is run via Connect from the spotify app, I can't change to a different playlist. When I try to start any of the Spotify playlists in the app, Spotty simply continues to play from the present playlist.
The app als recognises this and shows the right song being played. Pressing play on another list, starts the first song from the old list.

I can terminate the Spotty connection and have the app play music from the same computer. Then I can chose another playlist and it will work as expected, playing from this computer. Then I go back to connect spotty (and possibly crash spotty and wait for it to come up again). Once connected again spotty will play the new playlist.

Just tested this and see the same.

mherger
2019-02-22, 08:40
> When Spotty is run via Connect from the spotify app, I can't change to a
> different playlist. When I try to start any of the Spotify playlists in
> the app, Spotty simply continues to play from the present playlist.

https://github.com/librespot-org/librespot/issues/288

This is an issue which must have been triggered by a change on Spotify's
side. It was patched in librespot today. But I'll have to build new
binaries. "Unfortunately" I'll be away this weekend, so I don't know
whether I'll get to update it in the next few days...

Spotty use through the LMS menus should still be working.

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-02-22, 09:04
I'm glad the problem is identified and adressed.
Have a good weekend!

mherger
2019-02-22, 09:05
> This is an issue which must have been triggered by a change on Spotify's
> side. It was patched in librespot today. But I'll have to build new
> binaries. "Unfortunately" I'll be away this weekend, so I don't know
> whether I'll get to update it in the next few days...
If you were adventurous you could try to build spotty 0.13.0 yourself:

https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty/releases

--
--

Michael

jcfergus
2019-02-22, 16:42
That platform certainly should work - it's been my dev environment (before upgrading to 10.14). Please check above folder in a terminal. There should be an executable called "spotty". What happens if you try to run it from the terminal?

Please also go to Settings/Advanced/Logging and set logging for plugin.spotty to INFO, then try to authenticate again, upload the server.log.zip to https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a.

There are two physical drives in my iMac; boot drive and data drive. The default Users folder is mapped to the physical data drive, /Volumes/User Data/Users/. Changing that mapping from the one drive default leaves a remnant Users folder on the boot drive, /Volumes/Macintosh SSD/Users. The spotty app is installed in /Volumes/User Data/Users/... as expected. There is no spotty app on /Volumes/Macintosh SSD/Users....

If I run spotty manually, it throws an error that the "Required option 'name' missing".

While the error message above indicates that LMS is looking in the right location, /Volumes/User Data/Users..., is it possible its going to the original Users folder in /Volumes/Macintosh SSD/Users...?

The log file seems to indicate this, as there is a reference to "sh: /Volumes/User: No such file or directory" right near the end of the file.

I've posted the log file as requested, jcfergus.server.log.zip

mherger
2019-02-22, 23:13
> The log file seems to indicate this, as there is a reference to "sh:
> /Volumes/User: No such file or directory" right near the end of the
> file.

It seems to trip over the space in "User Data". Would other helper
applications (eg. for transcoding - see Settings/Advanced/File Types work?

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2019-02-25, 03:30
> This is an issue which must have been triggered by a change on Spotify's
> side. It was patched in librespot today. But I'll have to build new
> binaries. "Unfortunately" I'll be away this weekend, so I don't know
> whether I'll get to update it in the next few days...
If you were adventurous you could try to build spotty 0.13.0 yourself:

https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty/releases

--
--

MichaelSwitching playlists works again [emoji3]. Something I have noticed which may or may not have been there before is that if I switch between devices then the previously playing device disappears from the available devices immediately and reappears maybe 30 seconds later. I haven't seen this before.

mherger
2019-02-25, 03:46
> Something I have noticed which
> may or may not have been there before is that if I switch between
> devices then the previously playing device disappears from the available
> devices immediately and reappears maybe 30 seconds later. I haven't seen
> this before.

Anything in server.log about this?

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2019-02-25, 05:28
> Something I have noticed which
> may or may not have been there before is that if I switch between
> devices then the previously playing device disappears from the available
> devices immediately and reappears maybe 30 seconds later. I haven't seen
> this before.

Anything in server.log about this?

--

Michael

After each switch I see one of these lines relating to the daemon of the last player. Maybe it is normal.

[19-02-25 12:15:07.8861] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa
[19-02-25 12:18:43.1720] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb
[19-02-25 12:19:24.9377] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa
[19-02-25 12:19:52.0127] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb

jcfergus
2019-02-25, 19:42
> The log file seems to indicate this, as there is a reference to "sh:
> /Volumes/User: No such file or directory" right near the end of the
> file.

It seems to trip over the space in "User Data". Would other helper
applications (eg. for transcoding - see Settings/Advanced/File Types work?

--

Michael

I simply renamed the Volume to UserData, repointed the user accounts and iTunes to the new drive name. Performed a clean reinstall of LMS as it broke with the drive name change (makes sense to me). The helper app works and has my account stored in LMS and I'm able to select Spotty as a device. NICE!

Thanks for you efforts on this and the excellent, timely support.

Jim

gegen
2019-02-26, 03:09
After each switch I see one of these lines relating to the daemon of the last player. Maybe it is normal.

[19-02-25 12:15:07.8861] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa
[19-02-25 12:18:43.1720] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb
[19-02-25 12:19:24.9377] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa
[19-02-25 12:19:52.0127] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: bb:bb:bb:bb:bb:bb

This has been the same for me in previous versions of spotty...... similar log entries......the players do always reappear:)

Thanks Michael for the latest fix much appreciated.

Have noticed in latest version, using Connect the track progress indicator within the Spotify app on the device I use does not progress and just shows track duration when connecting to one of my squeezebox players. The web interface and Orange Squeeze do show track progress correctly in this case. If on the same Android device (Samsung Tab4 tablet) I play something on the device itself the progress indicator works, not a problem for me music plays fine:) but thought I would report in case others see this too.

(rpi3+ using piCoreplayer with latest 7.9.2 lms)

slartibartfast
2019-02-26, 05:13
This has been the same for me in previous versions of spotty...... similar log entries......the players do always reappear:)

Thanks Michael for the latest fix much appreciated.

Have noticed in latest version, using Connect the track progress indicator within the Spotify app on the device I use does not progress and just shows track duration when connecting to one of my squeezebox players. The web interface and Orange Squeeze do show track progress correctly in this case. If on the same Android device (Samsung Tab4 tablet) I play something on the device itself the progress indicator works, not a problem for me music plays fine:) but thought I would report in case others see this too.

(rpi3+ using piCoreplayer with latest 7.9.2 lms)

I am not seeing the same issue with track progress. I see a difference of around 11 seconds but it definitely advances in the Spotify app. Using Max2Play on a Pi3B.

gegen
2019-02-26, 08:56
I am not seeing the same issue with track progress. I see a difference of around 11 seconds but it definitely advances in the Spotify app. Using Max2Play on a Pi3B.

Ok thanks, I'll see if I can check on another device.

hestbank
2019-03-06, 10:28
Spotty no longer appears in my browser LMS GUI...

However it does appear in Squeeze Control for Windows

I have tried updating LMS from 7.9.1 to 7.9.2 nightly. Still not there. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
David

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1551709029 @ Mon Mar 4 15:49:09 CET 2019
Spotty v2.7.4
Max2play Version 2.47
Raspberry PI 2
Edge, Firefox and Squeezelite-X browser windows

mherger
2019-03-06, 15:08
> I have tried updating LMS from 7.9.1 to 7.9.2 nightly. Still not there.
> Am I missing something?

Please check your server.log for any messages about spotty or networking
issues.

--

Michael

hestbank
2019-03-09, 12:43
> I have tried updating LMS from 7.9.1 to 7.9.2 nightly. Still not there.
> Am I missing something?

Please check your server.log for any messages about spotty or networking
issues.

--

Michael

A portion of server log attached. Much Spotty activity but during this time I was not listening to Spotty.

Please redirect me to a more appropriate forum if this is not the correct place.

Thanks.

SchOX
2019-03-12, 15:46
Don't know if this is the wrong forum for this, but is there any chance that the "Made for [username]" section of Spotify could be added to the Spotty Connect plugin? For those lazy playlist, and looking for new music moments?

Some of the playlists in that section can be subscribed to, so that they end up in the Playlists section, but not all.

(I'm on LMS 773 x86/64 because of abandoned platform version, if feature already is implemented, but requires a updated Squezebox Server)

Donation Transaktionscode: 3L665304NL489064H

mherger
2019-03-12, 21:18
> Don't know if this is the wrong forum for this, but is there any chance
> that the "Made for [username]" section of Spotify could be added to the
> Spotty Connect plugin? For those lazy playlist, and looking for new
> music moments?

Unfortunately Spotify doesn't give access to these features in their
APIs. I know that the librespot guys are trying to get it working
anyway. But right now the answer is: cannot be supported.

--

Michael

Hughby
2019-03-13, 06:24

I've recently been noticing similar progress bar irregularities in the Spotify app (Windows or Android) when using Connect to control Spotty. The track length is correct but the Spotify app progress bar usually shows as 100% from start of track to finish. The progress bar on the player (Boom) acts correctly. If I use the Spotify app to pause the track the progress bar in the app jumps to the correct position and then moves correctly on resuming the track (until the next track).

The Spotify app on its own (ie no Spotty/LMS) works correctly.

System:

Raspberry Pi 3B with pCp 4.0, LMS 7.9.2 (1539853772) and Spotty 2.7.5 (helper spotty-hf v0.12.2)
Player is a Boom or another Pi with pCp/SqueezeLite.
Spotify app on Windows/Linux/Android used as controller.

mherger
2019-03-13, 06:38
I've recently been noticing similar progress bar irregularities in the Spotify app (Windows or Android) when using Connect to control Spotty. The track length is correct but the Spotify app progress bar usually shows as 100% from start of track to finish. The progress bar on the player (Boom) acts correctly. If I use the Spotify app to pause the track the progress bar in the app jumps to the correct position and then moves correctly on resuming the track (until the next track).

System:

Raspberry Pi 3B with pCp 4.0, LMS 7.9.2 (1539853772) and Spotty 2.7.5 (helper spotty-hf v0.12.2)

Would you see this behaviour on all players, Boom and Pi? Did you customise the Pi's buffer size?

Hughby
2019-03-13, 07:15
Would you see this behaviour on all players, Boom and Pi? Did you customise the Pi's buffer size?

Both players show the same behavior (just checked with the Pi which I don't use as often as the Boom). I have not customised the Pi's buffer size.

Hughby
2019-03-14, 01:45

And this morning it's all working. Don't you just love it when that happens!

I do shutdown the LMS Pi overnight so it was restarted this morning as it is every morning.

I'll keep an eye on things and see if I can find a pattern...

Hughby
2019-03-14, 05:59
... and it's started again - so I tried some tests.

After a restart of LMS it appears to work for some number of songs. When it fails (Spotify app progress bar sticks at 100% but song length changes correctly) it carries on failing. Music plays perfectly :)

I've attached an INFO server log of the following sequence.
Playing spotify on Windows (no LMS/Spotty)
Start LMS (on Pi)
Select Boom as a player. First track (5DS4...) plays and shows progress correctly.
Transition to second track (6jYV...) occurs and progress bar sticks at 100%.
Transition to third track (1d2O...) occurs and progress bar stays stuck.
During track 1d2O I pressed pause and the progress bar re-positioned correctly and continued correctly when I pressed play again.
Transition to fourth track (1W5r...) and progress bar stuck at 100% again.

MarkV74
2019-03-14, 09:31
I'm sorry if this is already answered in this loooooooong thread ;) I have a Synology Diskstation DS212+ and a Squeezebox Duet. This used to work till july last year or so. After that i moved and didn't reconnect the NAS until this week. Spotify isnt working anymore. I read that Spotify has changed things and the Spotty plugin does work but not with ARM powered NAS? Please confirm it's impossible to make this setup work again, if so i have to look out for a new streaming solution :(

Thanks in advance! Mark

mherger
2019-03-14, 13:27
> I'm sorry if this is already answered in this loooooooong thread ;) I
> have a Synology Diskstation DS212+ and a Squeezebox Duet. This used to
> work till july last year or so. After that i moved and didn't reconnect
> the NAS until this week. Spotify isnt working anymore. I read that
> Spotify has changed things and the Spotty plugin does work but not with
> ARM powered NAS? Please confirm if it's impossible to make this setup
> work again, otherwise i have to lookout for a new streaming solution.

Are you using the Spotty plugin or some older Spotify plugin? Please
check Settings/Advanced/Spotty: it should tell you which helper binary
it's using - or give you an error if it didn't find any compatible file.
But I'd expect it to work. Linux/ARM in general might be one of the most
popular platforms to run LMS/Spotty on nowadays.

--

Michael

MarkV74
2019-03-15, 04:55
Oh dear....i installed your plugin years ago and never had to look at it because it just worked. Now i've updated the plugin and its working AND i have Spotify Connect....wow, nice job!

Thanks Michael for all the work you put in to it

--

Michael

MarkV74
2019-03-15, 05:28
I installed your plugin years ago and it always worked flawless, so i never even looked into updating it. Now i did and what a suprise....it works again and even with Spotify Connect support!

Thank you for all the time you put into this, cheers!

--

Michael

ElFishi
2019-03-15, 15:01

System:

same here.

gegen
2019-03-16, 02:09
Quote Originally Posted by Hughby View Post

System:

Spotify app on Windows/Linux/Android used as controller.same here.

Using Raspberry Pi 3B+ with pCp 4.1, LMS 7.9.2 (1552283404) and Spotty v.2.7.5 have changed from the auto selected helper spotty-hf (0.12.2) to spotty-muslhf (0.12.2) ....seems to have fixed the problem.....only been using for a couple of hours so not conclusive......but might be worth trying. (Various players Touch, Radio, Squeezelite on PCP)

Hughby
2019-03-16, 05:16
Using Raspberry Pi 3B+ with pCp 4.1, LMS 7.9.2 (1552283404) and Spotty v.2.7.5 have changed from the auto selected helper spotty-hf (0.12.2) to spotty-muslhf (0.12.2) ....seems to have fixed the problem.....only been using for a couple of hours so not conclusive......but might be worth trying. (Various players Touch, Radio, Squeezelite on PCP)

I tried this and it seemed to work - for a while. The problem reappeared just when I was getting hopeful!

My understanding (based on a couple of minutes on google) is that the 'musl' version is the same program but linked with a different (streamlined) libc (c library) version. I would have been surprised if this had been a solution (but then I've been surprised that way many times before:D).

speedo
2019-03-16, 06:11
Hey,

I have RPI2 with Hifiberry AMP+ and Max2Play, with Spotify Premium.

Ok, I have had this working with the Spotify app for 2-3 years but decided to go check out if there where any new things out there that didnt require iPeng (which is slow). After some updating and testing new app and Spotty all of a sudden all Spotify playback is giving out jitter and distortion.
Live Radio works well but as soon as Spotify gets selected and trying to play something everything goes to hell...

I´ve tried alot. I have 8pcs PIs for a multi room experience. Using my Max2Play DAC connected to my Spotify Connect amplifyer from Denon works great.

Any help appreciated.

gegen
2019-03-16, 17:03
I tried this and it seemed to work - for a while. The problem reappeared just when I was getting hopeful!

My understanding (based on a couple of minutes on google) is that the 'musl' version is the same program but linked with a different (streamlined) libc (c library) version. I would have been surprised if this had been a solution (but then I've been surprised that way many times before:D).

Yes, same here, problem reappeared. :(

mherger
2019-03-17, 00:29
> My understanding (based on a couple of minutes on google) is that the
> 'musl' version is the same program but linked with a different
> (streamlined) libc (c library) version. I would have been surprised if
> this had been a solution (but then I've been surprised that way many
> times before:D).

That's correct. I added the musl flavour to deal with some issues I've
seen where glibc was older than what I linked spotty against on some
systems.

--

Michael

Jackisidore
2019-03-17, 12:03
I have developed the habit of adding spotify tracks to LMS M3U playlists with the help of the Playlist Manager plugin.

Recently I noticed my playlists are showing strange behaviour: All spotify tracks play, some spotify tracks have missing coverart and incorrect artist, album and track info.
Tried deleting the spotty cache without succes.
Stopping and starting LMS resolves the problem for some time, maybe until I add a problem spotify track, I can't reproduce it...

gegen
2019-03-19, 11:33
> My understanding (based on a couple of minutes on google) is that the
> 'musl' version is the same program but linked with a different
> (streamlined) libc (c library) version. I would have been surprised if
> this had been a solution (but then I've been surprised that way many
> times before:D).

That's correct. I added the musl flavour to deal with some issues I've
seen where glibc was older than what I linked spotty against on some
systems.

--

Michael

Again using Raspberry Pi 3B+ with LMS 7.9.2 (1552283404) and Spotty v.2.7.5 but changing LMS server to be on max2play 2.47 (based on Raspbian Stretch-Image) rather than pcp 4.1 ....problem of progress bar irregularities in the Spotify app on my Android device has gone. (Various players Touch, Radio, Squeezelite on pcp & max2play). Been going for most of the day, so maybe fixed:)

tole
2019-03-21, 13:58
I have a recurring problem with the spotty app: within the timeframe of a few (2 to 5) days, the plugin forgets my username/password. The I have to open the plugin settings in the webinterface and get it working again by authorizing it through spotify connect.

Of course this usually happens when I am away and some other family member wants to use the system at home. :-)

I am running a very recent nightly on a raspi 2B with the latest spotty plugin (2.7.5).

What can I do?

mherger
2019-03-21, 22:15
Hi tole,

> I have a recurring problem with the spotty app: within the timeframe of
> a few (2 to 5) days, the plugin forgets my username/password. The I have

The plugin never stores username/password. Your conclusion must be wrong
:-).

Could you please tell me what why you think it's forgetting credentials?

--

Michael

tole
2019-03-22, 00:00
Hi tole,

Thank you for the quick reaction! But now you have got me confused :-) - I will try to clarify.

State 1. When everything works, the spotty settings page in the web interface shows me my spotify username at the top and the settings for spotty. This is the normal workable state, where my kids can select their "Drei ??? Kids" on the touch in the living room and everything else works nicely.

State 2. However, every few 2-5 days, my kids (or me) only get the message to check the settings in the web interface. Then, the spotty settings page in the web interface shows me the instructions for "Spotify Anmeldung" through connect (just like the very first time after install - this is what I interpreted as the plugin forgetting my credentials). I then use my phone or windows spotify app to perform "Spotity Anmeldung". Then we are back at state 1, web interface settings page shows my username and all the spotty settings again.

My question is: can the plugin just stay in state 1?

Best, Tole

mherger
2019-03-22, 00:42
> My question is: can the plugin just stay in state 1?

That's obviously how it should be working. Next time you get in to this
situation please check the cache folder (see
Einstellungen/Information/Zwischenspeicher-Ordner). In there you should
find a folder "spotty" with various sub-folders. Would you find a
credentials.json anywhere in there? If so, would you mind dropping me a
copy:

If that file does not exist, then something's wrong. It's where your
credentials token is being stored. If that file disappears, you'd have
to re-authenticate. But this should never happen.

--

Michael

tole
2019-03-23, 03:02

copy:

Thanks Michael, I will do that, when it happens again in the coming days. Right now the credentials.json file is there and the plugin works as it should.

slartibartfast
2019-03-25, 00:43
Hi tole,

--

MichaelThis morning I had the exact same thing happen. I tried to use Spotty and saw the message "Spotify credentials are missing". After authorising using the Spotify app everything is back to normal. I have not experienced this previously. Latest 7.9.2 and Spotty 2.7.5 on Pi3B running max2play.

Paul Webster
2019-03-25, 01:12
See the earlier comment in this thread for what Michael suggested doing to help investigation
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109991-Announce-Spotty-2-7-x-Spotify-Connect-for-your-Squeezebox&p=936694&viewfull=1#post936694

botze
2019-03-25, 06:54
Hi! Is there a place to post feature requests? I would like to be able to sort my albums by date added... this was recently implemented in the Android Spotify app. Thanks!

mherger
2019-03-25, 07:47
> Hi! Is there a place to post feature requests? I would like to be able > to sort my albums by date added...

I added this to my list of suggestions. No promises.

--

Michael

botze
2019-03-25, 07:50
> Hi! Is there a place to post feature requests? I would like to be able > to sort my albums by date added...

I added this to my list of suggestions. No promises.

--

Michael

Awsome, thanks!

Been a daily user for several years, I have three Squeezeboxes, but never checked this forum before. Thanks for keeping my Squeezeboxes usable!

tole
2019-03-27, 09:59

copy:

Hi Michael,

now it happened again. The cache folder ( /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty ) now only contains the subfolder "__AUTHENTICATE__". The is no other subfolder and now credentials.json any more. It must have happened 3:51 last night, judging from the server log entry I pasted below. Before that, I had many more "DaemonManager" messages as seen below, every 10 to 20 Minutes. Everything else still works on my server (nightly from March 11th right now).

What can I do?

Best, Tole

[19-03-27 02:33:39.2673] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:07:40.2336] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:28:3b:06
[19-03-27 03:07:40.2385] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:08:39.0619] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:51:41.0650] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ErrorImpl { code: EofWhileParsingValue, line: 1, column: 0 }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
Aborted
[19-03-27 03:51:41.0673] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token
[19-03-27 03:52:41.0676] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

mherger
2019-03-28, 00:28
> now it happened again. The cache folder (
> /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty ) now only contains the subfolder
> "__AUTHENTIVATE__". The is no other subfolder and now credentials.json
> any more. It must have happened 3:51 last night, judging from the server
> log entry I pasted below. Before that, I had many more "DaemonManager"
> messages as seen below, every 10 to 20 Minutes. Everything else still
> works on my server (nightly from March 11th right now).

Would you have a line saying "Corrupted credentials file discovered.
Removing configuration." in your log file?

--

Michael

tole
2019-03-29, 06:17

No, nothing. I have no clue what happened at three something in the morning. Could that be an automatic install of a plugin like shairtunes2w?

Tole

Lord_Logan
2019-03-30, 16:11
Hi, thanks for creating Spotty, was wondering why the old apps weren't working!

I am trying to use Spotty but cannot get anything to actually play. will post as much background and details as I can.

Thanks for any help, advice or assistance from the community.

Logan

I have installed LMS on a WIN10 PC and activated Spotty. I have entered my premium ID and password and passed validation.
I have a SqueezeBox boom and Squeezeplay running on a WIN10 laptop. Ticked "spotify connect" for the Boom and Play.
Spotify app running on an android phone.

I haven,t seen/found any install instructions apart from an old Max2play site...

I can select and play and hear music from LMS on the Boom and Squeezeplay. Same for the Spotify app on the phone.

I can select "Devices available" on the Spotify app, see and select "Squeezebox Boom & Squeezeplay" but nothing happens. Neither player reacts or plays the Spotify track.
Tried running "My apps" - Spotty on both players but no difference.

Help!?

mherger
2019-03-30, 22:39
I can select and play and hear music from LMS on the Boom and Squeezeplay. Same for the Spotify app on the phone.

I can select "Devices available" on the Spotify app, see and select "Squeezebox Boom & Squeezeplay" but nothing happens. Neither player reacts or plays the Spotify track.
Tried running "My apps" - Spotty on both players but no difference.

Check your server.log file (Settings/Advanced/Logging). If there's nothing obvious in there, increase the log level for plugin.spotty to INFO. Try to play again, send me your server.log.zip (there's a download link on that page).

Lord_Logan
2019-03-31, 02:41
Check your server.log file (Settings/Advanced/Logging). If there's nothing obvious in there, increase the log level for plugin.spotty to INFO. Try to play again, send me your server.log.zip (there's a download link on that page).

Michael,

thanks for the quick response.

I checked the logfile, re-entered my Spotify ID, and set the log level to INFO.
still not seeing hearing Spotify on Boom or Play.

Logfile added (I was signed in as april HillingRoss - (cougz@me.com)

Thanks again for your time and support.

Logan

mherger
2019-03-31, 06:20
> I checked the logfile, re-entered my Spotify ID, and set the log level
> to INFO.
> still not seeing hearing Spotify on Boom or Play.

Would you have a firewall or proxy server which might be blocking
traffic on port 4070 (outgoing)? Spotty seems to fail to connect with
its servers.

--

Michael

DjTweed
2019-03-31, 09:25
Is there anyway to solve the Spotty buffering issues with multiple sync'd SB Radios?

I'm running 5 Radios in sync and they play flawless with Pandora, LMS local music and Digitally Imported. The only app that doesn't work is Spotty. It constantly buffers, and takes 30 seconds to start playing.

If I break a single player out of the sync group, then Spotty works fine. I really want whole house Spotify.

Spotty 2.7.5

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1504317335 @ Mon Sep 4 22:13:00 UTC 2017
Hostname: MusicServer
Server IP Address: 10.48.10.6
Server HTTP Port Number: 9002
Operating system: Synology DiskStation - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.24.0 - x86_64-linux
Total Players Recognized: 5

mherger
2019-03-31, 12:04
> Operating system: Synology DiskStation - EN - utf8
> Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux

That should be beefy enough. But please check CPU anyway. What format
are you streaming? Wired or wirelessly?

--

Michael

cramcram
2019-03-31, 13:26
Usually people post here if somethings isn't working, so I thought I'd do the opposite for once :D Since 2.7.5 Spotty's Spotify Connect implementation is really stable for the first time ever since there's Spotty. I guess there was some bigger change in Spotty recently (new libraries with 2.7.5?). Or maybe I'm just lucky :)

Thank you so much Michael for alle your efforts. Still love the LMS / Squeezebox platform.

Spotty is running on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with max2play. Kudos to the max2play team as well.

There's one minor issue. But it's neither a complaint nor a bug report, but rather a feature request: The only issue I'm having for now is the re-announcement of Spotify Connect endpoints when syncing and unsyncing players. When powering, unpowering and switching players on and off in my personal experience the feature creates more problem than it solves. E.g. after syncing Spotify Connect music stops and I have to select the newly announced player in the Spotify App. Or there's two players of the same group announced for some time until one disappears (e.g. 'Kitchen & Living Room' and 'Living Room & Kitchen'). I'd prefer not to have the re-announcement of the synced players. I always know which players are synced to others, so I'd prefer to just pick one of the synced players in the Spotify app knowing it is synced.

DjTweed
2019-03-31, 18:14
> Operating system: Synology DiskStation - EN - utf8
> Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux

That should be beefy enough. But please check CPU anyway. What format
are you streaming? Wired or wirelessly?

--

Michael

Spotify streams at 160k. I use MP3 for everything else. The NAS has 8GB RAM, and only hits ~25% when starting a track. CPU and Memory settle to ~8% once streaming.

The NAS is wired, the SB Radios are all WiFi.

Thanks for the help!

mherger
2019-03-31, 21:04
> Spotify streams at 160k. I use MP3 for everything else. The NAS has
> 8GB RAM, and only hits ~25% when starting a track. CPU and Memory
> settle to ~8% once streaming.

What's Spotty streaming to the players? FLAC? PCM? mp3? You could try to
change the output format in Settings/Advanced/File Formats. PCM requires
the least processing, but the most bandwidth. FLAC is a compromise,
requiring less bandwidth to the players. mp3 could harm the quality, but
provides the smallest bandwidth requirement.

--

Michael

Lord_Logan
2019-04-01, 00:37
> I checked the logfile, re-entered my Spotify ID, and set the log level
> to INFO.
> still not seeing hearing Spotify on Boom or Play.

Would you have a firewall or proxy server which might be blocking
traffic on port 4070 (outgoing)? Spotty seems to fail to connect with
its servers.

--

Michael

Michael, thanks for that suggestion. I Tinkered with WIN10 firewall and the router port settings to no avail.
Eventually uninstalled Spotty, LMS and Squeezeplay from the Pc and started again. Something prompted me to install and run the WIN 10 Spotify app first.
This may have opened the path to LMS and Spotty working after a reinstall. HURRAH!
Connection to the Boom is a bit flakey but Squeezeplay and the PC and laptop work fine, synchronization between all 3 gets the Boom working.
Thank you for the support and the app.

Now to try and get it all working on a ReadyNAS DUO in my other property, bit I don't think the DUO is supported, thoughts?

Logan

mherger
2019-04-01, 04:18
Now to try and get it all working on a ReadyNAS DUO in my other property, bit I don't think the DUO is supported, thoughts?

No, that's not going to work. I did use a Duo v2 before working on Spotty, but gave up trying to build for that NAS. A Duo v1 would be far out anyway. I'm now using a Raspberry Pi running pCP connected to the NAS.

DjTweed
2019-04-01, 08:57
> Spotify streams at 160k. I use MP3 for everything else. The NAS has
> 8GB RAM, and only hits ~25% when starting a track. CPU and Memory
> settle to ~8% once streaming.

What's Spotty streaming to the players? FLAC? PCM? mp3? You could try to
change the output format in Settings/Advanced/File Formats. PCM requires
the least processing, but the most bandwidth. FLAC is a compromise,
requiring less bandwidth to the players. mp3 could harm the quality, but
provides the smallest bandwidth requirement.

--

Michael

Spotty had both FLAC and PCM enabled. (Mp3 not available) I disabled PCM and it seems to be working using FLAC. I'll listen for a few hours today, and report back.

DjTweed
2019-04-02, 08:54
Spotty had both FLAC and PCM enabled. (Mp3 not available) I disabled PCM and it seems to be working using FLAC. I'll listen for a few hours today, and report back.

I listened all day yesterday, and it was great! No more buffering. FLAC seems to do the trick, at least for my issues.

Thank you again for the help, and for keeping these SB devices working! :)

vegas_redd
2019-04-03, 07:22
Hello everyone! Looks like "Follow Artist" function is not working for me. When I trying to choose this option - screen of my Squeezebox Boom goes blank for 20-40 seconds and nothing changes in my Spotify library. But if I do the same via LMS Web Interface directly then works out.

- Logitech Squeezebox Boom
- Logitech Media Server 7.9.1 - 1504317335 on Synology DS216j with DSM 6.2.1-23824 Update 6

d6jg
2019-04-03, 08:13
I listened all day yesterday, and it was great! No more buffering. FLAC seems to do the trick, at least for my issues.

Thank you again for the help, and for keeping these SB devices working! :)

Now that you have it working have you tried upping Spotty to 320kbps ?

The issue you describe is probably a WiFi bandwidth problem - are you able to identify a particular SB Radio that perhaps has the weakest signal and is the cause of the group losing sync which you will experience as some stuttering / buffering? You could try swapping the Radios around.

mherger
2019-04-03, 14:44
> Hello everyone! Looks like "Follow Artist" function is not working for
> me. When I trying to choose this option - screen of my Squeezebox Boom
> goes blank for 20-40 seconds and nothing changes in my Spotify library.
> But if I do the same via LMS Web Interface directly then works out.

Would you have a Controller/Touch/Radio? Or could you please try with
Squeezeplay? I'm wondering whether this is a problem with the ip3k menu
code only.

--

Michael

vegas_redd
2019-04-04, 04:33
>
Would you have a Controller/Touch/Radio? Or could you please try with
Squeezeplay? I'm wondering whether this is a problem with the ip3k menu
code only.

--

Michael

Thank you for answer. With native remote control or multifunctional analog button on Sqeezebox Boom (no touch screen) - no effect. But in Squeeze Commander (android app) as well as in LMS - works great. I have no more ways to check.

mherger
2019-04-04, 06:40
> Thank you for answer. With native remote control or multifunctional
> analog button on Sqeezebox Boom (no touch screen) - no effect. But in
> Squeeze Commander (android app) as well as in LMS - works great.

Thanks! I was able to reproduce the issue. It applies to "Save album in
library", too. This will be fixed in the next release.

--

Michael

schiff1108
2019-04-06, 15:16
> Thank you for answer. With native remote control or multifunctional
> analog button on Sqeezebox Boom (no touch screen) - no effect. But in
> Squeeze Commander (android app) as well as in LMS - works great.

Thanks! I was able to reproduce the issue. It applies to "Save album in
library", too. This will be fixed in the next release.

--

Michael

Not sure if this related.
Actually, I have no way to save an album in the spotify library. Neither through browser nor the android app.
The function as such is not offered anymore. I can save an artist, but not the album.
I am on release 2.7.6

slartibartfast
2019-04-06, 15:24
Not sure if this related.
Actually, I have no way to save an album in the spotify library. Neither through browser nor the android app.
The function as such is not offered anymore. I can save an artist, but not the album.
I am on release 2.7.6Don't you see the "Save" button in the Android Spotify app?
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190406/2a6687a70b9ab96004757d2c7cda6dd4.jpg

schiff1108
2019-04-06, 15:49
Don't you see the "Save" button in the Android Spotify app?

Thanks.
But I mean the Squezze Crtl app on my Android to control LMS.
Spotify App works fine for me.

slartibartfast
2019-04-06, 15:59
Thanks.
Spotify App works fine for me.Would have been better if you had actually made that clear.

slartibartfast
2019-04-06, 16:06
Thanks.
Spotify App works fine for me.Using Orange Squeeze I see "Add album to library" in the context menu.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190406/5a406d3e7510aef3e5dbbe1a69497ae8.jpg

tdrath
2019-04-09, 07:16
AVG Web Shield has notified me several times that it has aborted connection from SqueezeSvr.exe to downloads.nixda.ch for Spotty 2.7.6. Is this happening to anyone else? And is nixda.ch a genuine source for Spotty?

slartibartfast
2019-04-09, 07:35
AVG Web Shield has notified me several times that it has aborted connection from SqueezeSvr.exe to downloads.nixda.ch for Spotty 2.7.6. Is this happening to anyone else? And is nixda.ch a genuine source for Spotty?nixda.ch is Swiss and so is Michael so it sounds reasonable.

mherger
2019-04-09, 08:20
AVG Web Shield has notified me several times that it has aborted connection from SqueezeSvr.exe to downloads.nixda.ch for Spotty 2.7.6. Is this happening to anyone else? And is nixda.ch a genuine source for Spotty?

If in doubt go to virustotal.com and paste the file's URL. This version gave me this:

https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/817f9ff8d1adcc9e8d0b0bed09e50c3ccc6b03333e2a3cb08e 6ca745d9e93b4d/detection

And yes, nixda.ch is my domain.

slartibartfast
2019-04-19, 01:01

--

MichaelI just had this happen for the second time and the server log does contain the line

"Corrupted credentials file discovered.
Removing configuration."

Why would this occur?

slartibartfast
2019-04-19, 01:14
I just had this happen for the second time and the server log does contain the line

"Corrupted credentials file discovered.
Removing configuration."

Why would this occur?

Sent from my SM-G900F using TapatalkAlso even though the credentials are missing my Spotify app still sees the squeezebox players and if I try to play to one of them it appears as though Spotify is playing (time bar moves in the app) but it is not.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190419/67ca016358aecf8d823e729d8edbf704.jpg

mherger
2019-04-19, 08:25
> I just had this happen for the second time and the server log does
> contain the line
>
> "Corrupted credentials file discovered.
> Removing configuration."

Crap, I should make a backup before removing the file...

> Why would this occur?

I don't know, really. I trigger this action when the JSON fails to
parse. That file should not be modified once you're authenticated.
Therefore even corruption due to an un-clean shutdown seems unlikely.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2019-04-21, 01:52
> I just had this happen for the second time and the server log does
> contain the line
>
> "Corrupted credentials file discovered.
> Removing configuration."

Crap, I should make a backup before removing the file...

> Why would this occur?

I don't know, really. I trigger this action when the JSON fails to
parse. That file should not be modified once you're authenticated.
Therefore even corruption due to an un-clean shutdown seems unlikely.

--

MichaelI don't know if this is related but the credentials issue "seems" to occur after using an Amazon Echo device to play music from Spotify via Alexa.

tole
2019-04-24, 06:01
Hi Michael,

now it happened again. The cache folder ( /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty ) now only contains the subfolder "__AUTHENTICATE__". The is no other subfolder and now credentials.json any more. It must have happened 3:51 last night, judging from the server log entry I pasted below. Before that, I had many more "DaemonManager" messages as seen below, every 10 to 20 Minutes. Everything else still works on my server (nightly from March 11th right now).

What can I do?

Best, Tole

[19-03-27 02:33:39.2673] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:07:40.2336] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:28:3b:06
[19-03-27 03:07:40.2385] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:08:39.0619] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:22:a8:d0
[19-03-27 03:51:41.0650] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

thread 'main' panicked at 'called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: ErrorImpl { code: EofWhileParsingValue, line: 1, column: 0 }', /checkout/src/libcore/result.rs:906:4
Aborted
[19-03-27 03:51:41.0673] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token
[19-03-27 03:52:41.0676] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: 'true' expected, at character offset 0 (before "thread 'main' panick...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

Hi Michael,

just to report back on that again (bevor I upgrade to 2.8): the problem went away, when I deselected all options under "Erweiterte Einstellungen".

Best, Tole