PDA

View Full Version : Run Picoreplayer on Orang pi

nimaazx
2019-01-03, 11:54
Hello guys.I want to know that is there anybody install Picoreplayer os on Orange pi PC model or Orange pi board with wifi and 3.5mm jack audio output?
I mean installing and getting result on orange pi board. recently i have got excellent result from picoreplayer on raspberry pi 3 B+ and lms server side.
but maybe there is Budget constraint and Orange pi is cheaper than raspberry pi3 B+.
or introduce a cheaper board that you have got a good result. some orange pi boards or different boards.
Thanks a lot.

Greg Erskine
2019-01-03, 13:33
hi nimaazx,

I doubt anyone has got piCorePlayer going on an Orange Pi.

You would be better off, loading squeezelite on a known Orangle Pi OS.

regards
Greg

nimaazx
2019-01-03, 16:11
hi nimaazx,

I doubt anyone has got piCorePlayer going on an Orange Pi.

You would be better off, loading squeezelite on a known Orangle Pi OS.

regards
Greg

ok thank you again.
yeah you right. I thought about that.
but i think squeezlight needs to be defined as a service in startup and i dont know about its integrity. because picoreplayer os for raspberry is so satable.
I have never worked with Orange pi os. maybe there are more challenges we faced abot squeezelite.
what you think about Raspberry pi zero w?
I saw some links that people said we can run it but some could not. I have a pcm5102 dac module and probably it is used for that.
do you think what board model or scenario is more stable and close to raspberry pi 3 b+ result ?

Greg Erskine
2019-01-03, 16:56
hi nimaazx,

I have 7 piCorePlayers running at the moment, all different models including a RPi0W. I always test at least the basic functions of pCP on the RPi0W. Of course I don't play more than one at a time, and the RPi0W is not my main player at the moment. I have to say I have not noticed any difference in reliability between the different RPi's. At the moment I am doing pCP development on an original RPi1B (256MB) !!

The issue is there are a million different combinations and we can't test everything. Users often come with a "unique setup" that may or may not work. ;)

regards
Greg

nimaazx
2019-01-04, 05:30
hi nimaazx,

I have 7 piCorePlayers running at the moment, all different models including a RPi0W. I always test at least the basic functions of pCP on the RPi0W. Of course I don't play more than one at a time, and the RPi0W is not my main player at the moment. I have to say I have not noticed any difference in reliability between the different RPi's. At the moment I am doing pCP development on an original RPi1B (256MB) !!

The issue is there are a million different combinations and we can't test everything. Users often come with a "unique setup" that may or may not work. ;)

regards
Greg
yes you right. there are a lot of modules and configs. even I don't know pcm5102 for jack 3.5mm output dac works with zero w or not.
maybe I want to sync 8 9 RP zero W. and maybe it is going to be a industrial project.
however can you give me a link for what instruction I should do to config that from zero. do you know that hardware diffrences between zero w and rp3 b+?
does zero w have weakness or ram size limitation?
As you know zero does not have ethernet. I read something about how It should be configured.
do you know the link or a source that say that completly? how to config for zero w

thanks a lot.

Paul Webster
2019-01-04, 06:35
To OP ... If you want to use a built-in 3.5mm jack audio as mentioned in your original post then the Zero is not for you as it does not have it (although you could fit one).
The other models do have one - and there are models that are lower price than 3B+

nimaazx
2019-01-04, 08:07
To OP ... If you want to use a built-in 3.5mm jack audio as mentioned in your original post then the Zero is not for you as it does not have it (although you could fit one).
The other models do have one - and there are models that are lower price than 3B+

please tell me the models. some models can't be found in my country.
as i see the model A has output jack 3.5mm
but I need wifi too and if i get it , i have to buy wifi module for it. i guess it does not have wifi.
for using zero w , i searched and i realized i have to use dac pcm5102 module from GPIO to get it.
I'm worried about zero w hardware and diffrences between it and RP 3 B+.
ram cpu maybe can't handle picoreplayer os.

Paul Webster
2019-01-04, 10:23
All of the Pi models can run pCP, at least as a player.
The 3A+ has WiFi and Bluetooth, a 3.5mm audio/video socket and a single USB port.
It does not have built-in Ethernet.

Greg Erskine
2019-01-04, 12:15
hi nimaazx,

Here is a picture of the RPi Models.

https://raspi.tv/2018/new-raspberry-pi-family-photo-including-pi3a-plus-zero-wh

I have an example of probably 10 of them. They all work. Setup is the same, except when using ethernet, wifi or USB ethernet.

PS: Anyone know a table showing features of each model?

regards
Greg

paul-
2019-01-04, 14:15
https://www.modmypi.com/download/Raspberry-Pi-Comparison_r3.pdf

Greg Erskine
2019-01-04, 15:47
Brilliant!

Thanks Paul.

nimaazx
2019-01-05, 00:39
thanks everybody.
There is a just question. some boards do not have ethernet for first config. should it be configured by editing system files to config wifi?
I mean for connect to ip address to set wifi on and set ssid and password.
as i see some of them don't have wifi. it seems i can use wifi dongle but about ethernet port for example in zero W. i don't know exactly how to config for first time.

Paul Webster
2019-01-05, 00:52
You can use a USB-to-Ethernet adapter ... but check first to make sure that you use one that is supported.
However, setting up WiFi when there is no Ethernet is straight-forward - see
https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_setup_wifi_on_pcp_without_ethernet.shtml

nimaazx
2019-01-10, 11:15
Hello again.
i bought rp zero w and can run picoreplayer.
i have a challenge.
I want to use a pcm 5102 dac module to get audio from 3.5mm jack.
I changed many configuration setup and there are alot of audio output in configuration.
which one is worked for me?
I use this model:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSbio5i1b7VadY2N3R9L6Aa0IB7d6_ o6FkqiEO5nViLD-DuLU1R

is picoreplayer supported this I2S dac module for get audio output or I have to switch to raspberian os and squeezlite?

Greg Erskine
2019-01-10, 13:04
hi nimaazx,

Have you tried "Generic/simple TI5102 DAC" setting in [Squeezelite Settings] > "Audio output device settings"?

regards
Greg

Paul Webster
2019-01-10, 14:17
Also - this looks similar ... and has wiring diagram (and suggestion about grounding one more pin).

https://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/76188/how-to-make-pcm5102-dac-work-on-raspberry-pi-zerow

Obviously take care to verify that it really is the same and remember that connecting 5V to RPI GPIO pin is not a good thing to do.

nimaazx
2019-01-11, 13:49
thank you for your answers.
I installed picoreplayer os.
I have access to ip address to configure zero w.
I use this setting :

http://uupload.ir/files/8qhl_screenshot_2019-01-11-18-53-54-125_com.android.chrome.png

and for wiring using this:
SCK > Not wired (Internally generated)
BCK > PIN 12 (GPIO18)
DIN > PIN 40 (GPIO21)
LRCK > PIN 35 (GPIO19)
GND > PIN 6 (GND)
VIN > PIN 2 (5V)

but there is no sound when playing.

is this correct?

is there another audio dac model that you test?

as well as your application is so good I did not think that is worked with bluetooth but work! I saw bluetooth audio output. I very appreciate you.
Maybe I use 50 zero w with own bluetooth headphone.it seems your os and application are stable for using in project.
maybe I follow DAC pcm5102 for the more stable way than bluetooth.
bluetooth is not tested completly with bluetooth headphone. Once i connected to bluetooth car kit. for the first time disconnect and connect many times.
thanks a lot.

nimaazx
2019-01-12, 06:10
Hello.
Today I tested bluetooth headphone with picoreplayer. everything is good.
I have 2 ideas for getting best result. i dont know it is possible or not.
I think about adding a small oled module for viewing ssid name or ... .at least wifi ssid.is it possible?
another important thing add a button (by GPIO) for pairing bluetooth.as i know if my bluetooth headphone battery is low and it is powered off logitech media server and other clients crash or disturb system and clients.
easy and fast way for pairing.
I mean pairing bluetooth easily without open web browser.
What is your point of view about pairing button and oled wifi ?

nimaazx
2019-01-13, 03:31
upppp topic.
I apologize for this. If it necessary I can
open another topic.

nimaazx
2019-01-13, 11:34
I think the main problem in bluetooth headphones can be about disconnecting. when the headphone is disconncted, logitech media server behaves something like crash.
I studied software engineering and I have some activities in IoT like working with esp32,raspberry pi...
maybe I can fix it or help you to fix that.
is there a way to cooperate?
maybe I'm very noob but I want to help you to fix that.

paul-
2019-01-13, 14:20
LMS doesn't crash, but squeezelite will as the output device does not exist.

pCP will automatically restart squeezelite once the bluetooth device re-connects.

nimaazx
2019-01-13, 15:05
LMS doesn't crash, but squeezelite will as the output device does not exist.

pCP will automatically restart squeezelite once the bluetooth device re-connects.

I don't know how to explain that.
When the other clients synced with this pcp#1 ( pcp with audio output headphone bluetooth), when this pcp#1 bluetooth headphone disconnect,
there is a problem and other pcp players audio disconnect or Logitech media server goes to be destroyed and seek bar of playing music time in logitech media server goes to forward and backward itself. even pause button do not work.

can you test it with many pcp clients?
I use a lot of picoreplayers as a group. when one is gone , Cause disruption for others.
maybe you know another server that do not have this problem in this situation.

paul-
2019-01-13, 16:27
I don't know how to explain that.
When the other clients synced with this pcp#1 ( pcp with audio output headphone bluetooth), when this pcp#1 bluetooth headphone disconnect,
there is a problem and other pcp players audio disconnect or Logitech media server goes to be destroyed and seek bar of playing music time in logitech media server goes to forward and backward itself. even pause button do not work.

can you test it with many pcp clients?
I use a lot of picoreplayers as a group. when one is gone , Cause disruption for others.
maybe you know another server that do not have this problem in this situation.

Syncing works best with similar hardware and connections. Syncing is problematic if one is bluetooth, due to the added delays in processing and transmission of BT. I have run 4 sync'd clients, with one being bluetooth before. I had to adjust audio delays in LMS for the bluetooth client to be in sync.

The RPi 0W when running bluetooth has alot of delay, due to the wifi and BT radio fighting for bandwidth on the same frequency.

nimaazx
2019-01-14, 00:43
Syncing works best with similar hardware and connections. Syncing is problematic if one is bluetooth, due to the added delays in processing and transmission of BT. I have run 4 sync'd clients, with one being bluetooth before. I had to adjust audio delays in LMS for the bluetooth client to be in sync.

The RPi 0W when running bluetooth has alot of delay, due to the wifi and BT radio fighting for bandwidth on the same frequency.

thank you again.

can you tell me where the setting is for delay please?

actually I run lms with one pc as a client and one RPi 0w.
I tested if 0w bluetooth headphone turned off for low battery or something else and if is back a few seconds later , it causes problem for pc client.
I follow scenario that disconnecting one client has no effect to others. such as disconnecting headphones or powered off 0w.

about bandwith frequency there is no choise because 0w does not support 5ghz.
and maybe I want to use 40 50 synced 0w in on group or 2 group of 25 clients. and don't know it works or not. forced to use 0w.
and i'm worried about disconnecting a client and when it connects again , causes problem for others.

paul-
2019-01-14, 06:23
That likely will not work....

Paul Webster
2019-01-14, 06:42
and maybe I want to use 40 50 synced 0w in on group or 2 group of 25 clients. and don't know it works or not. forced to use 0w.
and i'm worried about disconnecting a client and when it connects again , causes problem for others.

I suspect that for that number of players playing - whether in sync or not - you will struggle to have LMS provide the service.

nimaazx
2019-01-14, 10:08
That likely will not work....

this scenario with bluetooth headphones not work or not work with that number of clients even with dac pcm5102 3.5mm?

nimaazx
2019-01-14, 10:16
I suspect that for that number of players playing - whether in sync or not - you will struggle to have LMS provide the service.

there are many users that listen to ielts listening test. not exactly synced but starting together and i should sync them.
I use an strong Access point with high bandwidth.
I test this scenario with 6 computers and one raspberry pi 3 b+ . it works.
but when I use bluetooth headphones, and bluetooth headphones turned off it likes disturb my other clients and lms seek bar went forward and backward. pause button in lms is not worked.
I don't know what reliable way I can use.

DJanGo
2019-01-15, 12:33
but when I use bluetooth headphones, and bluetooth headphones turned off it likes disturb my other clients and lms seek bar went forward and backward. pause button in lms is not worked.
I don't know what reliable way I can use.

???

do you mean you are the User that has the starting player and all others are synced from your player?

Use the most reliable player and the one no one can get his poweruser hands on - as the master.
Even a dummy squeezelite with no real output should do it.

nimaazx
2019-01-15, 23:46
???

do you mean you are the User that has the starting player and all others are synced from your player?

Use the most reliable player and the one no one can get his poweruser hands on - as the master.
Even a dummy squeezelite with no real output should do it.

hey.
there was a windows server and many zero w clients.
I tested it once with a pc as server and client too. another client was zero w with bluetooth headphone.
when bluetooth headphone was powered off , pc client squeezelite music stopped too.
actually when bluetooth headphone is off , players name is disappear in lms.
i tested it again yesterday with two zero w as client and one lms server.
in my test never disturb each other.
maybe two similar hardware and software in client side were effective.
i dont know exaclty.
you suggestion is good to try. but im sure disconnecting causes seekbar time of music in lms windows destroyed.
I think about radio streaming system. like icecast and mixxx.
i never tried it in raspberry.
and have no info about light client side app or specific os for that.
I just heard about mpd .
as i mention working bluetooth headphone is important for me but if not work switch to dac pcm 5102.
tnx.