PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCE: Line-In Button Applet for Radio

indifference_engine
2018-12-10, 08:59
I have created a small applet to allow the Squeezebox Radio Line Input to be selected by holding the Home or Sleep buttons on either the device itself, or using the remote.

Installation:
Add my repository to the bottom of the Plugins section of the LMS Settings screen
http://www2.woodbine.me.uk/squeezebox/repo/repo.xml

On the Radio, go to Settings>Advanced>Applet Installer
Ensure "Recommended Applets Only" is not checked.
Select "Line-In Button"
Restart the radio

Usage:
Hold down the Home or Sleep button on the device or remote for a couple of seconds and the Line-In should be selected.

Enjoy!

daduke
2019-01-27, 13:32
Hi,

thanks for this applet, exactly what I was looking for! Is there a way to select line-in via ssh or the LMS CLI? I'm trying to switch to an external audio source remotely...

thanks!

-Christian

indifference_engine
2019-01-28, 08:40
Hi,

thanks for this applet, exactly what I was looking for! Is there a way to select line-in via ssh or the LMS CLI? I'm trying to switch to an external audio source remotely...

thanks!

-Christian

Hi Christian, Unfortunately I don't think so. LMS doesn't seem to know about the Radio's Line-In (unlike the Boom's where there is a plugin to select it). I did try using the CLI and web interface to send various button and ir codes in the hope that they could be picked up by the applet but none worked. I suspect a plugin to trigger the applet may be possible but that's beyond my knowledge. When I connect my Duet Controller to my radio I don't get a Line-In option which is further evidence that the server knows nothing about it.

daduke
2019-01-28, 12:09
ah bummer. I was looking at the applet source in the hope of seeing the one API call I could trigger via ssh directly on the radio, but got lost somewhere between your LUA and the "firmware's" Perl code.. oh well.

thanks,
-Christian

indifference_engine
2019-02-01, 04:41
ah bummer. I was looking at the applet source in the hope of seeing the one API call I could trigger via ssh directly on the radio, but got lost somewhere between your LUA and the "firmware's" Perl code.. oh well.

thanks,
-Christian

My lua is very simple, it just creates a listener for certain button presses and then calls the built-in Line-In applet to do the dirty. I suspect that modifying the default.map file on the server might be possible but I don't like touching server-side stuff like that as I don't know what the consequences would be.

ButC
2019-02-13, 00:01
Thanks for this applet. This is what I've been looking for without knowing it.