PDA

View Full Version : LMS not recognised

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-08, 01:23
My handset does not recognise that LMS is running on my computer, so will not access the library [even tho it knows the library is there]. Have tried everything I can think of... any suggestions?
Thanks

slartibartfast
2018-12-08, 02:00
My handset does not recognise that LMS is running on my computer, so will not access the library [even tho it knows the library is there]. Have tried everything I can think of... any suggestions?
ThanksHas it ever worked? Without knowing anything about your system I would reset everything to factory settings and start again.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-13, 08:06
Has it ever worked? Without knowing anything about your system I would reset everything to factory settings and start again.

Thanks - Yes did work for about 10 years - until my computer decided it didn't like the latest W10 update, so have had to reinstall OS to W7P. It has worked twice since then, but if I turn the computer off it and restart, LMS it isn't recognised as running [tho the library is recognised]. I have factory reset it about a dozen times, with no sustained success. It did work briefly when I installed an updated version of LMS a couple of days ago, but not now. Have run out of ideas, so if you have any... that would be great, thanks! Otherwise I have a hard drive with 290,000 tracks I can't listen to.

slartibartfast
2018-12-13, 08:14
Thanks - Yes did work for about 10 years - until my computer decided it didn't like the latest W10 update, so have had to reinstall OS to W7P. It has worked twice since then, but if I turn the computer off it and restart, LMS it isn't recognised as running [tho the library is recognised]. I have factory reset it about a dozen times, with no sustained success. It did work briefly when I installed an updated version of LMS a couple of days ago, but not now. Have run out of ideas, so if you have any... that would be great, thanks! Otherwise I have a hard drive with 290,000 tracks I can't listen to.Are you using Windows Firewall? Maybe try turning it off to see if it is causing issues.

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-18, 08:37
Are you using Windows Firewall? Maybe try turning it off to see if it is causing issues.

Thanks - have turned it off and it seems to work - fingers crossed that it stays like that! Thanks again for suggestion.

slartibartfast
2018-12-18, 09:18
Thanks - have turned it off and it seems to work - fingers crossed that it stays like that! Thanks again for suggestion.If you look around the forum a few people have had issues with Windows firewall.