PDA

View Full Version : Library Connection Problem

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-07, 08:56
I had to reinstall my OS and now my library is not recognised, despite restoring factory settings and starting from scratch. My web control is up and running, as is the software. My receivers are recognised but when I try to connect to the library, I get an error message saying "make sure the media server is turned on", which it is. Any suggestions, as I think I've been through every option on the controller?
Thanks!

kidstypike
2018-12-07, 09:10
I had to reinstall my OS and now my library is not recognised, despite restoring factory settings and starting from scratch. My web control is up and running, as is the software. My receivers are recognised but when I try to connect to the library, I get an error message saying "make sure the media server is turned on", which it is. Any suggestions, as I think I've been through every option on the controller?
Thanks!

On your controller, browse to Settings > Advanced > Networking > Remote Libraries > Add New Library > enter the IP address of the computer running LMS.

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-07, 09:25
Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I can only add an address that is all in 3-digit format [eg 000.000.000.000] on my handset, so can't input the computer IP address. FYI the library connection worked yesterday but hasn't after I'd turned the computer off and restarted it today. Also, the internet radio works, for what it's worth. If you have any suggestions as to another software/hardware combination for me to play my v large [300.000 tracks] MP3 collection wirelessly [which is stored on an external hard drive], I'd be v glad to hear them. And just in case you were wondering, the handset connects to my wireless network, no problem. Thanks again.

kidstypike
2018-12-07, 09:28
Thanks for the suggestion - unfortunately I can only add an address that is all in 3-digit format [eg 000.000.000.000] on my handset, so can't input the computer IP address.

So (example) 192.168.1.123 would be 192.168.001.123.

CardinaleRosso
2018-12-07, 09:46
Thanks - I did try that and it recognised the library as the name I gave it and got exactly the same "make sure your computer is turned on... etc" as before... FYI, on the Control Panel Information, it has the following under "Player Information" - "Mozilla from 127.0.0.1", then "Player Model:Web Client" and "Player IP address 127.0.0.1".