PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeBox changing volume and music by itself! =/

MAlgol
2018-11-24, 13:21
So, for a while now it happens that SqueezeBox turns the volume to max, change music, starts, resets to classic theme without me doing anything.
The volume thing happens more often, it isn't a lot but late at night its annoying.

Right now it stop playing a few times before it change volume and started playing radio channels. I have no idea why it does all these things. It's up to date, I have a few addons to play Spotify and youtube playlist but no UI changes.

Anyone know what it might be?

cheers

kidstypike
2018-11-24, 13:28
So, for a while now it happens that SqueezeBox turns the volume to max, change music, starts, resets to classic theme without me doing anything.
The volume thing happens more often, it isn't a lot but late at night its annoying.

Right now it stop playing a few times before it change volume and started playing radio channels. I have no idea why it does all these things. It's up to date, I have a few addons to play Spotify and youtube playlist but no UI changes.

Anyone know what it might be?

cheers

Possibly this:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107165-IMPORTANT-Stop-forwarding-your-LMS-ports-to-the-internet!

MAlgol
2018-11-25, 01:37
My router should be all close from the outside. =/

T-bird
2018-11-25, 03:29

Please double check it, what you describe cant happening by itself

BosseJ
2018-11-25, 06:42

Perhaps also check your wifi, if you have a wireless router for example. Try to see if there are any unknown devices connected (can be quite a bit of detective work unfortunately). Make sure you use wpa2 and a good password for authentication (both wep and wpa1 are easily broken into; open, passwordless networks is exactly that - open to anyone close by).

DJanGo
2018-11-25, 08:09

Are you using a later / up2date Version of lms?
In this case resets to classic theme isnt posible over the internet cause the settings are a little bit better secured.

So if your using a later Version and "resets to classic theme" still your problem its another thing.

usbethjim
2018-11-25, 08:20

+1 - check again - if you don't have the skills find someone who does and check again

I just connected to two different LMS entities running unprotected - took me 5 minutes to find over a 100 of them.

One click on the IP and I was looking at their LMS Web-UI - with what I assume is complete control - have not tried to mess with them.

One was playing Xmas music already?!?!?

It is very easy to find them and play havoc if one is so inclined...

Jim