PDA

View Full Version : AlienBBC and Mac installation instructions revised .



Andy Palmer
2005-01-09, 13:22
When I examine cook.bundle via the terminal it contains a subfolder
'Contents' which contains Info.plist, pbdevelopment.plist and the
folder MacOS. MacOS contains cook.

There is no mention of cook.so.6.0 that was listed in my error message
listed previously:

excerpt -
"Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
opening shared obj '/Library/Application
Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.so.6.0'
Error: dlcompat: file "/Library/Application
Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.so.6.0" not found
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.so.6.0.
Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
ADecoder preinit failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook3260.dll."

The permissions on mplayer are:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 myusername myusername 6435544 16 Nov 18:46 mplayer

Andy.

Daniel Cohen
2005-01-09, 13:57
On 9/1/05 at 8:22 pm +0000, Andy Palmer wrote
>When I examine cook.bundle via the terminal it contains a subfolder
>'Contents' which contains Info.plist, pbdevelopment.plist and the
>folder MacOS. MacOS contains cook.


Yes, that's right.

>
>There is no mention of cook.so.6.0 that was listed in my error
>message listed previously:


Yes, thid doesn't matter. I think mplayer at one time (see the
instructions on the AlienBBC page) needed cook to be called
cook.so.6.0, but that is no longer needed.

>
>excerpt -
>"Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
>opening shared obj '/Library/Application Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.so.6.0'
>Error: dlcompat: file "/Library/Application
>Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.so.6.0" not found
>ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook.so.6.0.
>Read the RealAudio section of the DOCS!
>ADecoder preinit failed :(
>ADecoder init failed :(
>Opening audio decoder: [realaud] RealAudio decoder
>ERROR: Could not open required DirectShow codec cook3260.dll."


As noted, I get the same error message, but where you got


opening shared obj '/Library/Application
Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.bundle/Contents/MacOS/cook'
Decoder init failed, error code: 0x80040005

I get

opening shared obj '/Library/Application
Support/ffmpegX/reallib/cook.bundle/Contents/MacOS/cook'
Audio codec: [23] 44 kbps Stereo Music High Response - RA8

and all goes well from there.

>
>The permissions on mplayer are:
>-rwxr-xr-x 1 myusername myusername 6435544 16 Nov 18:46 mplayer

Yes, that's fine, the same as what I have.

I'm stuck here, mplayer and the codec should work fine together, and
all the stuff about transcoder-proxy isn't relevant at this point.
--
Daniel Cohen