PDA

View Full Version : [Announce] Spotty 2.6.x - Spotify Connect for your Squeezebox

Pages : [1] 2

mherger
2018-11-06, 07:48
Minor new feature update: filter explicit content.

In the player settings in the LMS web UI you'll find a new option to deal with explicit content. These tracks can optionally be hidden, or marked as non-playable (they'd still show up in the menus).

anadigi
2018-11-06, 08:16

In the player settings in the LMS web UI you'll find a new option to deal with explicit content. These tracks can optionally be hidden, or marked as non-playable (they'd still show up in the menus).

I don't see the update! :)

slartibartfast
2018-11-06, 08:19
I don't see the update! :)It always takes a while to appear.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

mherger
2018-11-06, 09:23
> I don't see the update! :)

I'm sorry, my repo.xml got corrupted somehow. Should be up now.

--

Michael

anadigi
2018-11-06, 09:29
> I don't see the update! :)

I'm sorry, my repo.xml got corrupted somehow. Should be up now.

--

Michael
Still no show! Hope it is coming soon!

slartibartfast
2018-11-06, 09:30
Still no show! Hope it is coming soon!Showing up for me.

martin.schaible
2018-11-07, 14:44
Howdy

I think, that Spotty was updated automatically maybe half hour ago. I had to restart LMS.
Since then, Spotty is more or less broken.
- It connects to my Spotify client on the PC. i can see my two devices.
- After pressing play, the devices are gone.

Now i restarted LMS again, no difference: Actually it's completely dead.
- The logs on the LMS are clean, no errors.

Btw, sometimes i need to enter the login data for spotify again.

Cheers

Martin

Fahzz
2018-11-07, 16:38
I was running Spotify plugin without difficulty, but then I had to change my Spotify password, and then I had trouble accessing my Spotify account. I got that sorted, but now my Boom and Max2Play players don't show up in "connect to a device" in Spotify, and Spotify is blank on the squeezebox players when I try to use it. Was there a post with specific set up instructions for the plugin and Spotify connect somewhere?

mherger
2018-11-07, 22:32
> I think, that Spotty was updated automatically maybe half hour ago. I

What version are you on now?

> - It connects to my Spotify client on the PC. i can see my two devices.
> - After pressing play, the devices are gone.

Nothing has changed in this regard in a few versions. What OS are you
on? What LMS

> Now i restarted LMS again, no difference: Actually it's completely
> dead.
> - The logs on the LMS are clean, no errors.

Please set logging for plugin.spotty to INFO, try again. Probably even
do this, check the "keep at restart" box at the top of the logging page,
then restart LMS. Upload the resulting server.log.

> Btw, sometimes i need to enter the login data for spotify again.

Sounds as if your system had some problem keeping state?

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-07, 22:32
> I was running Spotify plugin without difficulty, but then I had to
> change my Spotify password, and then I had trouble accessing my Spotify
> account. I got that sorted, but now my Boom and Max2Play players don't
> show up in "connect to a device" in Spotify, and Spotify is blank on the
> squeezebox players when I try to use it. Was there a post with specific
> set up instructions for the plugin and Spotify connect somewhere?

Just go to Settings/Advanced/Spotty, remove the account and add it again.

--

Michael

Fahzz
2018-11-08, 06:40
Just go to Settings/Advanced/Spotty, remove the account and add it again.

--

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks as always Michael. That's the one thing I didn't try.

Paul Webster
2018-11-09, 02:56

I track by "The Decemberists" played last night in the kitchen ... and I heard words ... so I turned on the explicit content filter this morning and tried to get the same track to play ... and Spotty blocked it because Spotify had the flag set.

Thinking aloud ... how about generalising this now to a LMS feature and have a tag for it so that it could be applied to local music as well?

bakker_be
2018-11-09, 03:05
I track by "The Decemberists" played last night in the kitchen ... and I heard words ... so I turned on the explicit content filter this morning and tried to get the same track to play ... and Spotty blocked it because Spotify had the flag set.

Thinking aloud ... how about generalising this now to a LMS feature and have a tag for it so that it could be applied to local music as well?
And how would you tag this so LMS knows it? AFAIK there's no field in the tags to set an "Explicit" flag ...

Paul Webster
2018-11-09, 03:20
And how would you tag this so LMS knows it? AFAIK there's no field in the tags to set an "Explicit" flag ...

By inventing one!
Could call it ITUNESADVISORY for other benefits ...
https://www.maketecheasier.com/add-explicit-clean-tags-itunes/

mherger
2018-11-09, 04:28
> Thinking aloud ... how about generalising this now to a LMS feature and
> have a tag for it so that it could be applied to local music as well?

Totally off-topic in this thread. But you can already define a custom
library based on whatever criteria you like.

--

Michael

martin.schaible
2018-11-09, 10:14
LMS Version: 7.9.1
Spotty: 2.6.0 (Info from install.xml), Timestamp spotty.exe: 18.05.2018
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (LMS runs since ages on this server with no problems)

Where do i change the log level?

slartibartfast
2018-11-09, 10:20
LMS Version: 7.9.1
Spotty: 2.6.0 (Info from install.xml), Timestamp spotty.exe: 18.05.2018
OS: Windows Server 2008 R2 (LMS runs since ages on this server with no problems)

Where do i change the log level?

Settings/Advanced/Logging.

martin.schaible
2018-11-13, 07:46
It worked for a day. After restarting the windows service, it workes again.

I attached the log file.

Thanks!

Aymen007
2018-11-14, 04:57
Hello,

Pls i have Logitech sbt and i dont have spotify with it
can you pls give me link where i can download and install it step by step in my squeezebox

Thank you very much

mherger
2018-11-14, 05:23
> Pls i have Logitech sbt and i dont have spotify with it
> can you pls give me link where i can download and install it step by
> step in my squeezebox

You'll need to install LMS on your computer:
http://downloads-origin.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=7.9

Then go to Settings/Plugins and install Spotty from there.

--

Michael

Aymen007
2018-11-14, 08:52
> Pls i have Logitech sbt and i dont have spotify with it
> can you pls give me link where i can download and install it step by
> step in my squeezebox

You'll need to install LMS on your computer:
http://downloads-origin.slimdevices.com/nightly/index.php?ver=7.9

Then go to Settings/Plugins and install Spotty from there.

--

Michael

Thank you very much all its ok spotify work fine
but i have small problems
i see difference between time in webinterface of logitech media server and touch
for exemple play in web in 30sec and in player screen its 28sec
its normal or i need enable or disable an option in setting for syncsrinized and time will be the same between web and touch

Thank you again for all :)

mherger
2018-11-14, 09:04
> i see difference between time in webinterface of logitech media server
> and touch
> for exemple play in web in 30sec and in player screen its 28sec
> its normal or i need enable or disable an option in setting for
> syncsrinized and time will be the same between web and touch

The web UI never has been exact to the second. Don't worry. Listen to
the music, don't watch the screen :-)

--

Michael

BoxFreak
2018-11-14, 11:25
After updating my phone software to Android Pie (from LineageOS 14 --> 16) Spotify no more finds Spotty for connect. Otherwise there┤s no change (same phone, same network at home, same server and so on). Now I can only connect with my Win PC. Earlier we had same problem with wife┤s phone, and now I got it too. Is there any setting on android that could cause this?

mherger
2018-11-14, 15:21
> After updating my phone software to Android Pie (from LineageOS 14 -->
> 16) Spotify no more finds Spotty for connect. Otherwise there┬┤s no
> change (same phone, same network at home, same server and so on). Now I
> can only connect with my Win PC. Earlier we had same problem with wife┬┤s
> phone, and now I got it too. Is there any setting on android that could
> cause this?

You're not on the same wireless network? Your Spotify app on the phone
is not configured using the same credentials?

--

Michael

freelsjd
2018-11-14, 15:45
I am a android and google project fi user myself. I just read where the android pie (v9) phones were going to provide an automatic vpn mode for that version and higher with project fi. my phone is too old to have v9, so I do not have that right now, but perhaps you have a vpn enabled now on your phone that may cause something to not connect over your lan. This new feature is supposed to enable vpn on ALL connections (cell, wifi, lan, etc.). Sounds good to have, but for Spotify devices, they may hide from each other?

BoxFreak
2018-11-17, 10:53
> After updating my phone software to Android Pie (from LineageOS 14 -->
> 16) Spotify no more finds Spotty for connect. Otherwise there┬┤s no
> change (same phone, same network at home, same server and so on). Now I
> can only connect with my Win PC. Earlier we had same problem with wife┬┤s
> phone, and now I got it too. Is there any setting on android that could
> cause this?

You're not on the same wireless network? Your Spotify app on the phone
is not configured using the same credentials?

--

Michael

Network is the same as before and same as with the laptop. Squeezebox is naturally connected with rj45. Credentials are one of the three credentials that I┤ve configured on Spotty settings and they are same as before. This is really strange that it seems that everything else is the same, but phone has got new software, and now it doesn┤t work anymore.

My phone still finds my android-tv as spotify connect client though - same as it did before.

iMartyn
2018-11-17, 13:11
It's a real shame that for me it's still disconnecting from spotify connect after 2-3 songs. I've tested it on a pi zero w and a pi3, both disconnect after just a few songs. It's infuriating because it's such an awesome plugin other than that. (pcp 4.0.0 and latest nightly lms)

sbbr
2018-11-17, 22:47
Running LMS 7.9.2 on max2play 2.47, Spotty version 2.6. Very useful plugin, but:

random disconnects, players disappearing, track title out of sync from what is playing, delays, etc, etc - it is happening daily, all the time, on all Spotty and Spotify versions. :(

I'd like to pay $$ for stable release and support.

danmalks
2018-11-18, 14:03
Hi,
I've posted in a prior Spotty thread (for prior vers) about issue with hanging happening when loading Spotify playlists when using Squeezebox classic.

This issue was resolved some time ago.
I just upgrading to latest Spotty and suddenly having some weird behavior...it's very, very slow loading playlists...seems to hang when I try to do various actions, the SB classic doesn't respond to cmds from the remote, etc.
Tried deleting and re-entering correct spotify credentials.

Seeing this in log when restarting...

[18-11-18 15:37:59.1229] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.1, 1522157629, Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018) perl 5.014001 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
[18-11-18 15:38:35.0308] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (339) Error: getting http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?partnerId=16
Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[18-11-18 15:38:35.0310] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioErro r (67) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[18-11-18 15:39:06.0159] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (339) Error: getting http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?partnerId=16
Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[18-11-18 15:39:06.0161] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioErro r (67) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[18-11-18 15:41:06.2026] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[18-11-18 15:41:27.2656] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[18-11-18 15:41:27.2972] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[18-11-18 15:41:54.7525] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[18-11-18 15:42:37.0074] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
[18-11-18 15:42:58.1109] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1463) error: Connect timed out: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did

Here's server info:
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629 @ Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018
Hostname: Sebastian
Server IP Address: 192.168.1.13
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 1

Should I update LMS?
Any thoughts to get me started?

Thanks,
Dan

Paul Webster
2018-11-18, 14:38
It looks like your LMS box is having problems either resolving DNS names or reaching the Internet.

Has anything changed in your networking setup recently? - e.g. a new router

danmalks
2018-11-18, 15:34
It looks like your LMS box is having problems either resolving DNS names or reaching the Internet.

Has anything changed in your networking setup recently? - e.g. a new router

Agreed, it does seem like that's potentially the cause, but the symptom is similar to what I had some months back when there was a bug (relating to my SB Classic) that would cause loading of playlists to hang until I turned off the power to the SB Classic using the soft button via the "Web Control" page. Once I turned the SB Classic back on using this soft button, then things worked well for as long as I used the system, until I didn't play any music for several hours, then I'd have the same issue again of things hanging.

To check if these steps could help me overcome this issue today, I just turned the SB Classic off/on using the web control soft button and also opened the open Spotify player in web browser (open.spotify.com) on the same box running the LMS server and logged in and played a song using that open spotify player.

After doing both of the above, now things are acting normally and as expected in every way...wondering if there could have been a regression of that months old bug that I discussed with Michael or if all this is just some one-off issue that won't return...I'll know sometime soon, after I let the system sit for a couple hours without playing music and then try to use it again.

And to answer your question: no, nothing has changed from network perspective recently.

Thanks, Paul, for your response, I appreciate it.

Dan

mherger
2018-11-18, 22:43
> It's a real shame that for me it's still disconnecting from spotify
> connect after 2-3 songs. I've tested it on a pi zero w and a pi3, both

as player or server?

> disconnect after just a few songs. It's infuriating because it's such
> an awesome plugin other than that. (pcp 4.0.0 and latest nightly lms)

Please grab a copy of server.log after you've set plugin.spotty=INFO and
reproduced the issue.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-18, 22:45
> [18-11-18 15:37:59.1229] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server
> (v7.9.1, 1522157629, Fri Mar 30 12:17:59 WEDT 2018) perl 5.014001 -
> MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
> [18-11-18 15:38:35.0308] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (339)
> Error: getting http://opml.radiotime.com/Index.aspx?partnerId=16
> Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor

So there's some generic (not Spotty related) networking issue or
similar. Maybe a software firewall or something? Please open a different
thread for this, as it has nothing to do with Spotty.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-18, 22:48
> Network is the same as before and same as with the laptop. Squeezebox is
> naturally connected with rj45. Credentials are one of the three
> credentials that I┬┤ve configured on Spotty settings and they are same as
> before. This is really strange that it seems that everything else is the
> same, but phone has got new software, and now it doesn┬┤t work anymore.

There recently have been a few reports of the Spotify Android app
causing problems - but some said it was working again after the latest
update?

--

Michael

iMartyn
2018-11-19, 12:35
>as player or server?

Both player and server.

>Please grab a copy of server.log after you've set plugin.spotty=INFO and reproduced the issue.

My pleasure! To make it clean, I set the logging to info and restarted LMS, connected and played the first album in my Albums list on my laptop (mains powered and lan via rj45) to the device in spotify and it lasted 2 songs : https://pastebin.com/zfvvm054 BUT then I noticed that it hadn't saved the Info setting. Still worth looking at though because...
I then set it to INFO, checked the save box, restarted LMS, reconnected and then played the album again. Again it lasted the next 2 songs (13 total on the album) : https://pastebin.com/21wP1yy4 .

My reading of the log is that it's getting the same track twice from spotify connect and stopping because it's just played it. Interesting that the non-info log said "Invalid data" and the info log didn't.

Playing the same album through the LMS interface now to see if it does the same, but my suspicion is that it won't because the playlist is built before the first track finishes. I've let it go past the 2 song mark and posted this, but I don't think it's a useful data point.

mherger
2018-11-19, 13:26
My reading of the log is that it's getting the same track twice from spotify connect and stopping because it's just played it.

That's correct. And it's totally different from a disconnect you mentioned in your first mail... I've seen this reported once or twice before.

Did you by any chance play with Squeezelite's buffer size?

cubii
2018-11-20, 02:31
Hi mherger or everybodey else,

is it possible to play a spotify playlist (like : spotify:album:6LtPIXlIzPOTF8vTecYjRe) ) via

1. Terminal
or
2. m3u file?

So that i can prepare playlists on the pc and play it via command line or even copy it into the lms library?

cubii

mherger
2018-11-20, 03:35
> is it possible to play a spotify playlist (like :
> spotify:album:6LtPIXlIzPOTF8vTecYjRe) ) via

You should be able to play this exactly as it is like any other URL. Eg.
paste it in the Tune In URL field in the web UI.

> So that i can prepare playlists on the pc and play it via command line
> or even copy it into the lms library?

I think those URLs should be playable from a playlist. Not 100% sure,
but give it a try!

--

Michael

pavowren
2018-11-20, 06:16
first, the on-again/off-again issue of Spotify Connect device disappearing. it just happens more often now it seems. no clear pattern.

second, i have all components (LMS, squeezelite, jivelite) running on the raspberry. and most importantly, LMS database is on usb drive directly attached to pi. so even without the internet connection, i should be able to play from My Music. right?

but when i click on My Music, there appears a page stating "Connecting to... raspberryPi" or something close and
eventually, it fails.
all works if i enable the internet connection via wifi hotspot.

please give me some ideas to try.
thank you...

mherger
2018-11-20, 06:58
> second, i have all components (LMS, squeezelite, jivelite) running on
> the raspberry. and most importantly, LMS database is on usb drive
> directly attached to pi. so even without the internet connection, i
> should be able to play from My Music. right?

Totally off-topic. Please post to some better place. Thanks.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-20, 07:00
> first, the on-again/off-again issue of Spotify Connect device
> disappearing. it just happens more often now it seems. no clear
> pattern.

What kind of Pi are you using? All components on one can be a bit of
work. Also: you mention shutting down the network. Couldn't this be
related? Most likely the spotty deamon would sooner or later die if you
cut the connection to the internet. It's really not meant to be used
this way.

--

Michael

pavowren
2018-11-20, 08:19
> second, i have all components (LMS, squeezelite, jivelite) running on
> the raspberry. and most importantly, LMS database is on usb drive
> directly attached to pi. so even without the internet connection, i
> should be able to play from My Music. right?

Totally off-topic. Please post to some better place. Thanks.

--

Michael

sorry but why is this "totally" off-topic?
i'm guessing due to the second issue not being directly relevant to spotty?
but the first issue of disappearing spotify-connect device, isn't that spotty?

BoxFreak
2018-11-20, 10:38
> Network is the same as before and same as with the laptop. Squeezebox is
> naturally connected with rj45. Credentials are one of the three
> credentials that I┬┤ve configured on Spotty settings and they are same as
> before. This is really strange that it seems that everything else is the
> same, but phone has got new software, and now it doesn┬┤t work anymore.

There recently have been a few reports of the Spotify Android app
causing problems - but some said it was working again after the latest
update?

--

Michael

I┤ve got it working after changing my phone from 5Ghz WLAN to 2,4Ghz. Strangely enough it still works after I changed it back to 5Ghz again. No reboot or emptying cache helped at all.

My wife┤s phone doesn┤t find Spotty on Squeezebox on neither of those networks, even if I┤ve changed between those networks many times. This is really strange because both 5Ghz and 2,4Ghz networks run on same Wifi-router.

iMartyn
2018-11-20, 11:40
That's correct. And it's totally different from a disconnect you mentioned in your first mail... I've seen this reported once or twice before.

Noe, default pcp settings for squeezelite.

mherger
2018-11-20, 11:57
> sorry but why is this "totally" off-topic?
> i'm guessing due to the second issue not being directly relevant to
> spotty?
> but the first issue of disappearing spotify-connect device, isn't that
> spotty?

See my other posting.

--

Michael

iMartyn
2018-11-20, 12:55

On a hunch, I replaced my wifi access point to a very powerful one, and it lasted twice as long (4 whole songs!) So I reconnected and pressed next track, and again 4 songs. Strange but We caught the "Invalid data"!

https://pastebin.com/PuCCj5cT <- new log, with the "Invalid data" stop at Info level.

mherger
2018-11-20, 13:24
> https://pastebin.com/PuCCj5cT <- new log, with the "Invalid data" stop
> at Info level.

Excellent! Spotify seems to randomly return empty responses for certain
queries. Seems to be an issue you're not alone with (searching Spotify's
github site for the http status 204 "no content" gives a bunch of
reports
https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues?utf8=Ôťô&q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+204).
But I might be able to handle it gracefully when it's not the first call
of this kind. Unfortunately it's not something I can reproduce easily,
therefore it might be a bit hit'n'miss to find a workaround for this.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-20, 14:03
> https://pastebin.com/PuCCj5cT <- new log, with the "Invalid data" stop
> at Info level.
Could you please give v2.6.1 another try? If this doesn't fix it, please
stay on plugin.spotty=INFO to grab another copy of the events. Thanks!

--
--

Michael

iMartyn
2018-11-20, 14:22
>Could you please give v2.6.1 another try? If this doesn't fix it, please

Sure, I've downloaded this to try but I won't actually be able to test again until tomorrow.

aprogram
2018-11-20, 17:06
Hi,

first - thank you very much for your great work Michael!

Perhaps this has been ask before and someone can point me to the right thread...

We have a spotify family account and two users. I have added both user accounts to spotty in configuration settings without any trouble.
I can switch between these accounts under Main Menu --> Spotty --> Account. When I use "user A", I can access the devices in the Spotify Android App of "user A",
and "user B" does not see the device. This is ok, because it is in use by "user A". If I select "user B" within LMS menu, the device shows up in her Spotify Android App
of "user B". But it is marked as "unusable"!

What is missing in my setup for multiple family account users being able to use LMS managed devices from within Spotify Android App?

aprogram
2018-11-20, 17:16
Hi,

first - thank you very much for your great work Michael!

Perhaps this has been ask before and someone can point me to the right thread...

We have a spotify family account and two users. I have added both user accounts to spotty in configuration settings without any trouble.
I can switch between these accounts under Main Menu --> Spotty --> Account. When I use "user A", I can access the devices in the Spotify Android App of "user A",
and "user B" does not see the device. This is ok, because it is in use by "user A". If I select "user B" within LMS menu, the device shows up in her Spotify Android App
of "user B". But it is marked as "unusable"!

What is missing in my setup for multiple family account users being able to use LMS managed devices from within Spotify Android App?

Sorry, it was the content! We used a podcast for testing "User B", and podcasts can not be streamed to another device...
Everything is working if "user B" plays a normal music album.

iMartyn
2018-11-21, 11:58
>Could you please give v2.6.1 another try? If this doesn't fix it, please

More logs! :-)

https://pastebin.com/g0MMubcH <- another duplicate song event I think, which made it so I couldn't get spotify to reconnect to spotty until I rebooted and then...
https://pastebin.com/kvaUvv8W <- 404 again and disconnect.

Giza2020
2018-11-21, 13:49
I'm not seeing the option in the lms UI under advanced spotty... Could it be because I upgraded from an older version of spotty (probably 4 months or more old)

mherger
2018-11-21, 22:31
> https://pastebin.com/kvaUvv8W <- 404 again and disconnect.

Do you often get disconnects? The 404 might be a consequence of the
disconnect, rather than the opposite. What would be your settings in the
"danger zone" of the Spotty preferences?

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-21, 22:31
> I'm not seeing the option in the lms UI under advanced spotty... Could

What option are you not seeing?

--

Michael

pppaul
2018-11-22, 04:05
Could you please give v2.6.1 another try? If this doesn't fix it, please

--
--

Michael
Hello Michael,
I have LMS 7.9.2 installed on Raspberry Pi 3B+ with spotty 2.6.1. Spotify Connect looses connection with my SB Radio every song. In log I see the 'Invalid Data' record and part of a programm or programm request after it. Is it the couse of disconnection? Maybe there are any preferences to correct this?

[18-11-22 13:09:15.0698] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[18-11-22 13:10:15.0723] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[18-11-22 13:10:47.9939] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1382) Trying to read from cache for me
[18-11-22 13:10:47.9954] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me
[18-11-22 13:10:48.0010] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getNextTrack (180) We're approaching the end of a track - get the next track
[18-11-22 13:10:48.0023] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::Context::addPlay (126) Adding track to played list: spotify://track:3xzmbGtaMnGUUhOcvqIN05
[18-11-22 13:10:48.0087] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me/player/next
[18-11-22 13:10:48.3877] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1439) Caching result for 60 using max-age (https://api.spotify.com/v1/me)
[18-11-22 13:10:48.3898] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1441) Data cached (https://api.spotify.com/v1/me)
[18-11-22 13:10:48.3988] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me/player
[18-11-22 13:10:48.6296] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1458) Invalid data
[18-11-22 13:10:48.6446] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1459) bless([
sub { "???" },
sub { "???" },
{ cache => 1, expires => 3600, params => {}, timeout => 30 },
"GET",
"https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player",
undef,
"No Content",
bless({
"access-control-allow-credentials" => "true",
"access-control-allow-headers" => "Accept, Authorization, Origin, Content-Type, Retry-After",
"access-control-allow-methods" => "GET, POST, OPTIONS, PUT, DELETE, PATCH",
"access-control-allow-origin" => "*",
"access-control-max-age" => 604_800,
"alt-svc" => "clear",
"cache-control" => "private, max-age=0",
"content-length" => 0,
date => "Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:10:48 GMT",
via => "1.1 google",
}, "HTTP::Headers"),
\"",
{
_expires => 3600,
_no_revalidate => 1,
"No Content",
bless({
"access-control-allow-headers" => "Accept, Authorization, Origin, Content-Type, Retry-After",
"alt-svc" => "clear",
"content-length" => 0,
date => "Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:10:48 GMT",
via => "1.1 google",
\"",
{
_expires => 3600,
_no_revalidate => 1,
_time => "1542881231",
code => 200,
content => "{\n \"device\" : {\n \"id\" : \"b11bf19e3f65b4a1ada383e41f26dab5c503940e\",\n \"is_active\" : true,\n \"is_private_session\" : false,\n \"is_restricted\" $
headers => bless({
"alt-svc" => "clear",
"content-encoding" => "gzip",
"content-length" => 1220,
"content-type" => "application/json; charset=utf-8",
date => "Thu, 22 Nov 2018 10:07:11 GMT",
via => "1.1 google",
mess => "OK",
},
], "Plugins::Spotty::API::AsyncRequest")

Pavel

mherger
2018-11-22, 04:19
Hello Michael,
I have LMS 7.9.2 installed on Raspberry Pi 3B+ with spotty 2.6.1. Spotify Connect looses connection with my SB Radio every song. In log I see the 'Invalid Data' record and part of a programm or programm request after it. Is it the couse of disconnection? Maybe there are any preferences to correct this?

Crap. Then the 2.6.1 "fix" didn't help at all. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue, therefore I have to just try to figure out what's wrong and work around it. I'll see whether I can get another build out today. It probably will just add more diagnostic logging to help me understand the issue.

pppaul
2018-11-22, 05:07
Crap. Then the 2.6.1 "fix" didn't help at all. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this issue, therefore I have to just try to figure out what's wrong and work around it. I'll see whether I can get another build out today. It probably will just add more diagnostic logging to help me understand the issue.
This isn't a solution of the problem, but if Spotty get not only one song from Spotify's playlis, but the whole playlist... In this case there would be a possibility to listen music from Spotify Connect at least (when Spotify Connect down).

mherger
2018-11-22, 06:20
> This isn't a solution of the problem, but if Spotty get not only one
> song from Spotify's playlis, but the whole playlist... In this case
> there would be a possibility to listen music from Spotify Connect at
> least.

Unfortunately that's not how Spotify Connect works. There not always is
context of what you're playing. You can always use the SB interface to
play Spotify content when Connect fails.

--

Michael

Giza2020
2018-11-22, 11:41
> I'm not seeing the option in the lms UI under advanced spotty... Could

What option are you not seeing?

--

Michael

I'm not seeing an option to turn on/off explicit content

mherger
2018-11-22, 11:52
> I'm not seeing an option to turn on/off explicit content

It's in Settings/Player/Spotty. It's per player.

--

Michael

Giza2020
2018-11-22, 14:06
> I'm not seeing an option to turn on/off explicit content

It's in Settings/Player/Spotty. It's per player.

--

Michael

I knew I'd be missing something obvious!

anadigi
2018-11-22, 14:47
I have tried to in stall the 2.6.2. LMS not letting me to save.Now I don't have the Spotty anymore! :(

Paul Webster
2018-11-22, 14:49
What error, exactly, are you seeing?

anadigi
2018-11-22, 14:54
What error, exactly, are you seeing?

I have the 2.6.1 installed. When I see the 2.6.2 update; I try to enable the update, it will not let me install. I unclick the old one and try to enable the new version and still not able to save the update. No I have no update.

Paul Webster
2018-11-22, 14:56
Typical reason for that sort of thing is a mistake in the files that define the update - perhaps a checksum or a version number that was not changed.
If that is the reason then Michael will resolve it very quickly.

anadigi
2018-11-22, 15:03
Typical reason for that sort of thing is a mistake in the files that define the update - perhaps a checksum or a version number that was not changed.
If that is the reason then Michael will resolve it very quickly.

Is there anyway to have the old one back?

Paul Webster
2018-11-22, 15:06
During the install process LMS deletes the old one ... so getting it back is tricky.
In theory, if the old one is still available then you could make a configuration file to download it ... but probably easiest to listen to something else for now because it will probably be resolved quickly when Michael sees the problem ... but it is 23:06 where he lives so might be tomorrow.

anadigi
2018-11-22, 15:36
During the install process LMS deletes the old one ... so getting it back is tricky.
In theory, if the old one is still available then you could make a configuration file to download it ... but probably easiest to listen to something else for now because it will probably be resolved quickly when Michael sees the problem ... but it is 23:06 where he lives so might be tomorrow.

When I click a couple times and now all the sudden it can be enabled! May be he wakes up in the middle of the night!;)

dhmpan
2018-11-23, 01:36
I noticed that spotty has stopped working on my sbt
I get the following msg

spotty.exe has stopped working...

pppaul
2018-11-23, 01:42

After upgrade to v. 2.6.2 the behaviour something changed. But still not working.

[18-11-23 10:49:46.5416] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getNextTrack (180) We're approaching the end of a track - get the next track
[18-11-23 10:49:46.5428] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::Context::addPlay (126) Adding track to played list: spotify://track:2WmbbiWfFEKsSZe6E5GeVe
[18-11-23 10:49:46.5483] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me/player/next
[18-11-23 10:49:46.7408] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1470) error: 404 Not Found
[18-11-23 10:49:46.7493] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1481) bless({
_content => "",
_headers => bless({
"alt-svc" => "clear",
"content-length" => 145,
date => "Fri, 23 Nov 2018 07:49:46 GMT",
via => "1.1 google",
_msg => "Not Found",
_previous => [],
_rc => 404,
_request => bless({
_content => undef,
_headers => bless({
"accept" => "application/json",
"accept-encoding" => ["deflate, gzip", "gzip"],
"accept-language" => "en",
authorization => "Bearer BQBftBmmvQpj2ebs6ha0opjxwD4FTvaL0m31uxaqxueUWdoD_3 2sNpEcjwpk54vd0bGhEZdV99OX2iotrbckru1wca09EmDwMZe7 VR0wCRFt2loUHvVa4GWRmPt287FXLlHbEdr4DM9CtfJNgjKpjN gN1daXSxglz2kqGLVgts2PivI9selRl7-h-Cx5vns-JLMbtOtOA5yjvzjIUUPL0yHWSYAbVVeRMnRbH2mAVqK4EBqAv7 lUHbX0_FWA7gOIlLiNvdMNDQ",
"cache-control" => "no-cache",
connection => "close",
"content-length" => 0,
host => "api.spotify.com",
"icy-metadata" => 1,
"user-agent" => "iTunes/4.7.1 (Linux; N; Debian; armv7l-linux; EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media Server/7.9.2/1541869104",
_method => "POST",
_protocol => "HTTP/1.0",
_uri => bless(do{\(my $o = "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/next")}, "URI::https"),
}, "HTTP::Request"),
}, "HTTP::Response")

The full log is here: https://pastebin.com/j0wLmWRG

pppaul
2018-11-23, 01:46
I noticed that spotty has stopped working on my sbt
I get the following msg

spotty.exe has stopped working...

As for my experience you need to restart your server after upgrade. Otherwise it doesn't work properly whatever plugin you installed.

dhmpan
2018-11-23, 01:51
As for my experience you need to restart your server after upgrade. Otherwise it doesn't work properly whatever plugin you installed.

the server is restarted whenever I start the pc.
I mean I turned the pc and spotty was not working any more.
It has been some times since I last used it.

mherger
2018-11-23, 02:01
> I mean I turned the pc and spotty was not working any more.
> It has been some times since I last used it.

spotty.exe has not changed in a while. Maybe some antivirus signature is
detecting it as a false positive? Or some Windows update?

--

Michael

dhmpan
2018-11-23, 02:26
I'll check it out

pppaul
2018-11-23, 04:21

After installing the 2.6.2. the behaviour a little bit changed but result the same. Loosing connection every song while playing through Spotify Connect. Now in the log I see the 404 error. I looked into the proccess list online while playing the song. First of all disapear the player in Spotify Web. Then after several time disappear spotty daemons, I think due to disconnect. After restart it can't get the request - 404 error. But maybe I'm wrong.

[18-11-23 10:46:47.0462] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[18-11-23 10:47:47.0487] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[18-11-23 10:48:47.0507] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::initHelpe rs (90) Checking Spotty Connect helper daemons...
[18-11-23 10:49:46.3362] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1382) Trying to read from cache for me
[18-11-23 10:49:46.3376] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me
[18-11-23 10:49:46.5416] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::_getNextTrack (180) We're approaching the end of a track - get the next track
[18-11-23 10:49:46.5428] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::Context::addPlay (126) Adding track to played list: spotify://track:2WmbbiWfFEKsSZe6E5GeVe
[18-11-23 10:49:46.5483] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1391) API call: me/player/next
[18-11-23 10:49:46.7408] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1470) error: 404 Not Found
[18-11-23 10:49:46.7493] Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1481) bless({
_content => "",
_headers => bless({
"alt-svc" => "clear",
"content-length" => 145,
date => "Fri, 23 Nov 2018 07:49:46 GMT",
via => "1.1 google",
_msg => "Not Found",
_previous => [],
_rc => 404,
_request => bless({
_content => undef,
_headers => bless({
"accept" => "application/json",
"accept-encoding" => ["deflate, gzip", "gzip"],
"accept-language" => "en",
authorization => "Bearer BQBftBmmvQpj2ebs6ha0opjxwD4FTvaL0m31uxaqxueUWdoD_3 2sNpEcjwpk54vd0bGhEZdV99OX2iotrbckru1wca09EmDwMZe7 VR0wCRFt2loUHvVa4GWRmPt287FXLlHbEdr4DM9CtfJNgjKpjN gN1daXSxglz2kqGLVgts2PivI9selRl7-h-Cx5vns-JLMbtOtOA5yjvzjIUUPL0yHWSYAbVVeRMnRbH2mAVqK4EBqAv7 lUHbX0_FWA7gOIlLiNvdMNDQ",
"cache-control" => "no-cache",
connection => "close",
"content-length" => 0,
host => "api.spotify.com",
"icy-metadata" => 1,
"user-agent" => "iTunes/4.7.1 (Linux; N; Debian; armv7l-linux; EN; utf8) SqueezeCenter, Squeezebox Server, Logitech Media Server/7.9.2/1541869104",
_method => "POST",
_protocol => "HTTP/1.0",
_uri => bless(do{\(my $o = "https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/player/next")}, "URI::https"),
}, "HTTP::Request"),
}, "HTTP::Response")

iMartyn
2018-11-23, 09:58
Something I forgot to mention that might help, I'm in Germany and my account is a UK Account. I'm stretching the "for as long as you want" definition of Spotify because they don't say what "Permanently" means, but anyway, perhaps we could sort out a VPN for you, make the traffic come from outside the UK, see if you can then reproduce locally, which would help you diagnose faster.

iMartyn
2018-11-23, 10:24
Another log from 2.6.2 - https://paste.ee/p/bJZ9o

ear859
2018-11-24, 09:43
Hey

Everything works great with the new version of Spotty on the device except for the lack of control from the Spotify application on Mac. It is possible to choose the device to be used for playback. When I do it nothing happens on the Logitech device, no sound is produced although Spotify displays as if the music is being played. On the other hand from the Logitech device I can see all the Spotify content and start and stop playing the music directly from the device. Moreover, "the remote" which is activated from the Squeezebox application as Safari window is also able to control the device. Is there anything I can do regain controls directly from Spotify - it used to work on older versions of Spotty however it was moody and patchy one time working the other not.
Thank you for keeping our Logitechs alive. Great work.

hm0809
2018-11-25, 06:56
I am using spotty for a while, working good, great job.
But I can't get spotify connect working.
Installed LMS repack 7.9.1, spotty 2.6.2 and spotty helper for ARM on Diskstation DS214 Play.

The Log says:
Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: aa:aa:6a:ce:99:57
Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: 00:04:20:12:40:e6

After testing various things I figured out that my Spotify username - containing an # - is obviously the problem. My wifes account is working :-)

Any ideas?

Holger

mherger
2018-11-25, 22:34
> Something I forgot to mention that might help, I'm in Germany and my
> account is a UK Account.

I fear there are too many users having similar issues that this isn't
the limitation. Though for most it seems to be intermittent.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-25, 22:35
> Everything works great with the new version of Spotty on the device
> except for the lack of control from the Spotify application on Mac. It
> is possible to choose the device to be used for playback. When I do it
> nothing happens on the Logitech device, no sound is produced although
> Spotify displays as if the music is being played. On the other hand from
> the Logitech device I can see all the Spotify content and start and stop
> playing the music directly from the device.

Can you enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty, then try again. Once it
has failed, provide the server.log file (together with information about
your server, LMS version etc.).

--

Michael

franny
2018-11-26, 08:56
Hi all,

I can't make 2.6.x available in Plugins .... still have 1.2 ......

Can someone tell me if it is available for Windows based LMS?

Thank's in advace! Franny

mherger
2018-11-26, 09:15
> I can't make 2.6.x available in Plugins .... still have 1.2 ......

That would very much surprise me... this is "Spotty", not "Spotify".

> Can someone tell me if it is available for Windows based LMS?

Yes, it is. What LMS version are you using? If you still got Spotify
1.2, then it might be pretty old.

--

Michael

franny
2018-11-26, 09:42
Hi, thanks for reply ... I am using 7.9.1 ... isn't that the latest.. ??

mherger
2018-11-26, 09:45
> Hi, thanks for reply ... I am using 7.9.1 ... isn't that the latest.. ??

That's fine. Now please make sure you really look for Spotty, and
nothing else.

--

Michael

franny
2018-11-26, 11:07
I think I do .....

Any updates I have to trigger?

slartibartfast
2018-11-26, 11:42
I think I do .....

Any updates I have to trigger?You could try uninstalling the old version and hope the new version shows up.

franny
2018-11-26, 12:51
did the update to 7.9.2 some minutes ago ... but no effect :-(

hm0809
2018-11-26, 13:09
Hey Michael,
have you read post #80?

Thanks, Holger

mherger
2018-11-26, 13:19
> have you read post #80?

Yes I did - but I did not see your edit. All good for you then?

I should probably add some sanity checking in the authentication
routine. But did authentication using the Spotify app not work? Did you
have to enter credentials?

--

Michael

mherger
2018-11-26, 13:20
> did the update to 7.9.2 some minutes ago ... but no effect :-(

Did you uninstall the plugin? Could you upload your server.log.zip file
(see Settings/Information)?

--

Michael

hm0809
2018-11-26, 13:44
I tried uninstalling and had to enter my credentials manual. The access to spotify works, spotify connect not.
I will upload the logfile later.

Holger

Tien1602
2018-11-26, 14:11
Hi Michael,

first let me give you a great THANK YOU for that beautiful plug in!

It works with my Synology very good!

But there is a little issue:
If I select the Spotty menu item on my Squeeze Radio I can select the different accounts (Premium Family).
But unfortunately only my Name is the real name.
The other account is the very cryptic user name like "hig90iv9o2pimzg1ktq...."
I have tried to close this account and create a new one. But the same issue...

What do I wrong?
Is it possible to rename this entry?

Thank you very much,
Timo

Tien1602
2018-11-26, 14:22
Now it works... I don't know why...

But again: your PlugIn is perfekt! Better than the original spotify android app! :-)

mherger
2018-11-26, 14:25
> The other account is the very cryptic user name like
> "hig90iv9o2pimzg1ktq...."

Could you please check the various credentials.json files you'll find in
LMS' cache folder, below the Spotty sub-folder? They should have a
"username" field. Is this the nice name, or the "garbage" you're seeing?

> What do I wrong?
> Is it possible to rename this entry?

You certainly don't do anything wrong. I thought I had some code to take
care of this. But am not sure, tbh.

--

Michael

hm0809
2018-11-26, 15:31
> have you read post #80?

Yes I did - but I did not see your edit. All good for you then?

I should probably add some sanity checking in the authentication
routine. But did authentication using the Spotify app not work? Did you
have to enter credentials?

--

Michael

See attached server.log.
Different credentials work perfect. But here also I had to enter the credentials manual.

Holger

TonioRoffo
2018-11-28, 02:28
Happily running Spotty since conception.. :)

However, a problem today:

I see spotty went to version 2.6.2, my LMS was at 7.9.1 (running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, x86)

Since then, using spotify connect, I get repeating tracks when pressing next on Spotify Android (controlling connect) while android is showing the next track

Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

Also, jumping to a specific time in a track doesn't work either.

Installed 7.9.2, same issue.

Thanks for any feedback.

slartibartfast
2018-11-28, 02:56
Happily running Spotty since conception.. :)

However, a problem today:

I see spotty went to version 2.6.2, my LMS was at 7.9.1 (running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, x86)

Since then, using spotify connect, I get repeating tracks when pressing next on Spotify Android (controlling connect) while android is showing the next track

Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

Also, jumping to a specific time in a track doesn't work either.

Installed 7.9.2, same issue.

Thanks for any feedback.Just tried this and I see the same thing. Spotify shows the next track is playing but the previous track is actually repeating. This issue only arises when the next track icon is used, the playlist plays normally when left alone.
Also the searching within a track always plays from the beginning of the track even though the time changes in the app.

TonioRoffo
2018-11-28, 02:57
Just tried this and I see the same thing. Spotify shows the next track is playing but the previous track is actually repeating. This issue only arises when the next track icon is used, the playlist plays normally when left alone.
Also the searching within a track always plays from the beginning of the track even though the time changes in the app.

Some entries in the logs that might be useful:

[18-11-28 10:46:30.4841] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsVal id (125) Warning: spotify://track:4xxo9sAIeVTKIvs0iehYqG found in playlist:
file:///var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/clientplaylist_b808cf99d374.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
[18-11-28 10:46:30.4844] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsVal id (125) Warning: file:///media/XBMCDATA/XBMCDATA/Music/Root/spotify:/track:4xxo9sAIeVTKIvs0iehYqG found in playlist:
file:///var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/clientplaylist_b808cf99d374.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
[18-11-28 10:46:31.4331] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsVal id (125) Warning: spotify://track:1Eolhana7nKHYpcYpdVcT5 found in playlist:
file:///var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/clientplaylist_444553544f53.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
[18-11-28 10:46:31.4335] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::playlistEntryIsVal id (125) Warning: file:///media/XBMCDATA/XBMCDATA/Music/Root/spotify:/track:1Eolhana7nKHYpcYpdVcT5 found in playlist:
file:///var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/clientplaylist_444553544f53.m3u doesn't exist on disk - skipping!
[18-11-28 10:47:04.7471] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:24:32 CET 2018) perl 5.026001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[18-11-28 10:47:06.2103] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 44:45:53:54:4f:53: request not dispatchable!
[18-11-28 10:47:07.9228] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 44:45:53:54:4f:53: request not dispatchable!
[18-11-28 10:47:08.2073] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 44:45:53:54:4f:53: request not dispatchable!
[18-11-28 10:47:08.2099] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 44:45:53:54:4f:53: request not dispatchable!
2018-11-28 10:50:17 squeezeboxserver_safe stopped.
2018-11-28 10:50:17 squeezeboxserver_safe started.
[18-11-28 10:50:18.9275] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:24:32 CET 2018) perl 5.026001 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
[18-11-28 10:50:23.2693] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (486) 44:45:53:54:4f:53: request not dispatchable!
[18-11-28 10:57:56.0524] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::DaemonManager::checkAPIC onnectPlayers (210) Connect daemon is running, but not connected - shutting down to force restart: b8:08:cf:99:d3:74

mherger
2018-11-28, 04:54
> Since then, using spotify connect, I get repeating tracks when pressing
> next on Spotify Android (controlling connect) while android is showing
> the next track
>
> Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

It might depend on how far in to a track you do this. Does it work if
you wait a few seconds?

> Also, jumping to a specific time in a track doesn't work either.
>
> Installed 7.9.2, same issue.

Scanning definitely should work with 7.9.2

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2018-11-28, 06:21
> Since then, using spotify connect, I get repeating tracks when pressing
> next on Spotify Android (controlling connect) while android is showing
> the next track
>
> Sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't.

It might depend on how far in to a track you do this. Does it work if
you wait a few seconds?

> Also, jumping to a specific time in a track doesn't work either.
>
> Installed 7.9.2, same issue.

Scanning definitely should work with 7.9.2

--

MichaelFor me it does not seem to matter when I tap next track. Sometimes the track will change but more often the same track repeats.
Searching in track is definitely not working for me using 7.9.2. Would you like to see any particular logs? Debug or Info?

mherger
2018-11-28, 06:33
> For me it does not seem to matter when I tap next track. Sometimes the
> track will change but more often the same track repeats.
> Searching in track is definitely not working for me using 7.9.2. Would
> you like to see any particular logs? Debug or Info?

Yes, please set logging for plugin.spotty to INFO, reproduce, then
upload server.log.zip to
https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a

Some more information about your installation (what platform/OS etc.)
would be good, too.

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2018-11-28, 08:01
> For me it does not seem to matter when I tap next track. Sometimes the
> track will change but more often the same track repeats.
> Searching in track is definitely not working for me using 7.9.2. Would
> you like to see any particular logs? Debug or Info?

Yes, please set logging for plugin.spotty to INFO, reproduce, then
upload server.log.zip to

Some more information about your installation (what platform/OS etc.)
would be good, too.

--

Michael

I uploaded two logs. Serverlog1, I advanced to the next song 60s into the playing song and was successful. I tried to advance to the next track 30s into the playing song and the playing song restarted. I let the song finish and at the end of the track the Spotify app and LMS both started playing the correct track according to the Spotify app queue.
Serverlog2 was seeking in a track, the log doesn't show much and the track time did not move to the correct position but goes back to the start.
Latest LMS running on Max2Play

mherger
2018-11-28, 08:47
> I uploaded two logs. Serverlog1, I advanced to the next song 60s into
> the playing song and was successful. I tried to advance to the next
> track 30s into the playing song and the playing song restarted. I let
> the song finish and at the end of the track the Spotify app and LMS both
> started playing the correct track according to the Spotify app queue.

> Serverlog2 was seeking in a track, the log doesn't show much and the
> track time did not move to the correct position but goes back to the
> start.

Seeking was done from the Spotify app, right?

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2018-11-28, 09:16

> start.

Seeking was done from the Spotify app, right?

--

MichaelYes seeking using the Android Spotify app.

mherger
2018-11-28, 09:41
> start.

I think my attempt to work around that invalid status 204 response from
Spotify not only does not fix this, but also introduced a bunch more
issues... I'll have to revert that :-(.

--

Michael

mac_paddy
2018-11-28, 09:56
Is there a way to expose the 'stations' that appear in my Spotify Library?

Logitech Media Server Status
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.6 - 1521467459 @ Thu Mar 29 16:49:33 CEST 2018
Hostname:
IP: 192.168.1.39
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: x86_64
Perl Version: 5.18.2 - darwin-thread-multi-2level
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 1

Library Statistics
Total Images: 96,028
Total Videos: 0
Total Tracks: 1,412
Total Albums: 221
Total Artists: 149
Total Genres: 34
Total Playing Time: 88:37:43

Player Information
Information on all identified devices connected to Logitech Media Server

GSqueeze
Player Model: Squeezebox Boom
Firmware: 57
Player IP Address: 192.168.1.21
Player MAC Address:
Wireless Signal Strength: 99%

Cache Folder
/Users//Library/Caches/Squeezebox
Preferences Folder
/Users//Library/Application Support/Squeezebox
Plugin Folders
/Users//Library/Caches/Squeezebox/InstalledPlugins/Plugins, /Users//Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins, /Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/Plugins, /Library/PreferencePanes/Squeezebox.prefPane/Contents/server/Plugins
Logitech Media Server Log File
/Users//Library/Logs/Squeezebox/server.log

Scanner Log File
/Users//Library/Logs/Squeezebox/scanner.log

mherger
2018-11-28, 13:39
Is there a way to expose the 'stations' that appear in my Spotify Library?

Unfortunately no, this is a feature which is not supported by Spotify's API.

MrFrames
2018-11-29, 10:10
Thanks mherger for this great app!

I like to use Spotify Connect, however very often I am playing a song and suddenly, the player dissapear from the list of available players in spotify and it is impossible to stop the music, I have to turn off the raspberry, any idea?

And regarding the delay between I press the button and the music starts, is there anyway to make it shorter? A better raspberry for example?

Thank you in advance!

franny
2018-11-30, 05:12
Hi Michael,

sorry for responding late. You recommended to uninstall spotty plugin ... does that mean to "uncheck" or to delete the subdirectory ...

Beste regards & thanks

mherger
2018-11-30, 10:20
> sorry for responding late. You recommended to uninstall spotty plugin
> ... does that mean to "uncheck" or to delete the subdirectory ...

Uncheck & restart LMS

--

Michael

cramcram
2018-12-01, 01:22
I think my attempt to work around that invalid status 204 response from
Spotify not only does not fix this, but also introduced a bunch more
issues... I'll have to revert that :-(.

Hi Michael, I'm sorry to let you know that since 2 weeks I'm having different issues with Spotify Connect:

The Spotify app constantly looses the connection with the players
Spotify connect plays the same song again and again no matter what song I actually choose in the Spotify connect app

For the time being I switched the Philippes Shairtunes plugin. I'm happy to provide logs (by the way are all plugin log entries in the server.log?). Setup is max2play.

elParaguayo
2018-12-01, 03:18
After months of flawless behaviour, this app has just stopped playing anything from Spotify. I'm trying to play a Spotify playlist and it jumps from track to track as if it can't find them. Restarting the server doesn't change anything.

I'm hoping Spotify haven't suddenly decided to block it!

Anything I can do to help debug this? There's nothing immediately obvious in the logs relating to Spotty, just some lines like this:

[18-12-01 10:10:15.3745] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.7843] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) -: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.8875] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.9066] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!

Ortovox
2018-12-01, 03:48
After months of flawless behaviour, this app has just stopped playing anything from Spotify. I'm trying to play a Spotify playlist and it jumps from track to track as if it can't find them. Restarting the server doesn't change anything.

Anything I can do to help debug this? There's nothing immediately obvious in the logs relating to Spotty, just some lines like this:

[18-12-01 10:10:15.3745] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.7843] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) -: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.8875] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!
[18-12-01 10:10:15.9066] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) c8:ff:28:b5:ea:b5: request not dispatchable!

Same issue for me.

mherger
2018-12-01, 03:51
> After months of flawless behaviour, this app has just stopped playing
> anything from Spotify. I'm trying to play a Spotify playlist and it
> jumps from track to track as if it can't find them. Restarting the
> server doesn't change anything.
>
> I'm hoping Spotify haven't suddenly decided to block it!

Yeah, I fear that, too... Unfortunately I must confirm it's stopped
working here. No more playback. I'll see what I can do.

--

Michael

leadc4ge
2018-12-01, 03:55

Just chiming in here. I have not checked any logs but Spoitty played just fine this morning, and all of a sudden no more music. For me the songs appear to play in the web-ui, and in the display of my SB touch, but no sound. Local files work as per usual. Updated to Spotty 2.6.2. Restarted the server but no change. Happy to help with debugging if I can be of assistance.

Ortovox
2018-12-01, 03:55

I have the exact same issue, checked the logs.
It played without any problems yesterday. For me it looks like track is playing but I have total silence.

ElFishi
2018-12-01, 03:56
Same here.

I was running a playlist of spotify songs from the LMS web interface when all of a sudden the music stopped. I tried restarting LMS, reconnecting spotty, different players, unsyncing, the works.
LMS just skips from song to song while the jivelite display tells me "Datei kann nicht ge÷ffnet werden fŘr: ..." I do get some of the album art, though.
Spotify Connect also not working.

System is RPi3B+, pCP, LMS(latest nightly), jivelite, 3.5" LCD

elParaguayo
2018-12-01, 03:56
Exactly my symptoms too.

kidstypike
2018-12-01, 04:04
Spotty working fine here (England) as per top line of sig. (I don't use connect)

elParaguayo
2018-12-01, 04:06
It's back!

mherger
2018-12-01, 04:11
Thereĺs hope: https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/1068822036154327040?s=20

mherger
2018-12-01, 04:12
It's back!

Great!

elParaguayo
2018-12-01, 04:12
Thereĺs hope: https://twitter.com/SpotifyStatus/status/1068822036154327040?s=20

Guess I should have read that first before posting...

ElFishi
2018-12-01, 04:14
confirmed.
f***, this just cost me an hour.

CDTom
2018-12-01, 06:39
Hi,

got some weird problem . I havea playlist with 1600 enntries in Soptify - it is always shortened to 500 entires no matter what I set in the settings of teh server (tried 0, 2000 and 5000)
The funny thing is that it worked until yesterday - but today not luck to get it running again.
I already reisnatleld the Spotty plugin and Server sofwatre and also did login fresh - but still not working.

Is there something I can try ?

Tom

slartibartfast
2018-12-01, 06:51
Hi,

got some weird problem . I havea playlist with 1600 enntries in Soptify - it is always shortened to 500 entires no matter what I set in the settings of teh server (tried 0, 2000 and 5000)
The funny thing is that it worked until yesterday - but today not luck to get it running again.
I already reisnatleld the Spotty plugin and Server sofwatre and also did login fresh - but still not working.

Is there something I can try ?

TomUnless you have your own Client ID for Spotify I am surprised this ever worked for you.

CDTom
2018-12-01, 09:03
Unless you have your own Client ID for Spotify I am surprised this ever worked for you.

Thanks for that ! That solved it ! I had it in but today a weird Problem that spotty was running but no Sound hearable so I removed it ! Put it back in again and restarted the Server and it works !

slartibartfast
2018-12-01, 09:04
Thanks for that ! That solved it ! I had it in but today a weird Problem that spotty was running but no Sound hearable so I removed it ! Put it back in again and restarted the Server and it works !Spotify had an issue today. Maybe related.

CDTom
2018-12-01, 09:07
That is explainning it ! I also realized that teh webpage was not reachbakle as well...
Another topic:
When I run a spotify playlist on shuffle the order is always the "same" do you know a trick to run that more "randomly" ?

mherger
2018-12-01, 09:13
> When I run a spotify playlist on shuffle the order is always the "same"
> do you know a trick to run that more "randomly" ?

Shuffle mode enabled in LMS or in the Spotify app controlling it?

--

Michael

TonioRoffo
2018-12-01, 10:54
Hello,

Is a fix for the broken playback in 2.6.2 coming?

Thx! =)

leadc4ge
2018-12-01, 11:00
Hello,

Thx! =)

It started working again for me and others this evening. Spotify had troubles it seems. Sorry no solution for you but its maybe not related to v2.6.2

TonioRoffo
2018-12-01, 11:06
It started working again for me and others this evening. Spotify had troubles it seems. Sorry no solution for you but its maybe not related to v2.6.2

I was talking about spotify connect repeating tracks when pressing next, not related to the outage I think.

slartibartfast
2018-12-01, 11:07
I was talking about spotify connect repeating tracks when pressing next, not related to the outage I think.Pretty sure it is being worked on.

kidstypike
2018-12-01, 11:30
Hello,

Thx! =)

Check the plugins page, Spotty is 2.6.3 now.

slartibartfast
2018-12-01, 12:41
Fixed it for me.
Check the plugins page, Spotty is 2.6.3 now.

mherger
2018-12-01, 23:17
> Fixed it for me.

Are you saying that v2.6.3 improved playback behaviour over v2.6.2? That
would be great!

--

Michael

slartibartfast
2018-12-02, 01:07
> Fixed it for me.

Are you saying that v2.6.3 improved playback behaviour over v2.6.2? That
would be great!

--

MichaelYes the "next track" issue where a track would repeat is fixed and seeking within a track works correctly again.

TonioRoffo
2018-12-02, 02:52
Yes the "next track" issue where a track would repeat is fixed and seeking within a track works correctly again.

Once again, "we are not worthy!" Thanks for the incredible speed at which Spotty gets developed & fixed! Awesome.

franny
2018-12-02, 07:22
hi Michael,

in meanwhile I reinstallaed LMS ..... no change ... maybe you can have a look into log file .... ?

Thank's for spending time,

F.

:-)

mherger
2018-12-02, 12:01
> in meanwhile I reinstallaed LMS ..... no change ... maybe you can have a
> look into log file .... ?

Nothing useful there. What problem are you facing? Make sure you set
logging for plugin.spotty=INFO in order to get something interesting in
the log file.

--

Michael

franny
2018-12-02, 12:30
still can't update to spotty 2.6. ... I just have 1.2 in my plugins .... anything that I can manually change / update?

mherger
2018-12-02, 12:43
> still can't update to spotty 2.6. ... I just have 1.2 in my plugins ....
> anything that I can manually change / update?

Uninstall the old version.
Go to Settings/Advanced/Logging, enable logging for plugin.extensions
and server.plugins.
Go to Settings/Plugins.
Check whether Spotty is still not there?
Upload your server.log.zip.

Did you add any additional repository for plugins?

--

Michael

franny
2018-12-02, 13:10
.. Upload your server.log.zip. Here it is ...

mherger
2018-12-02, 13:27
> .. Upload your server.log.zip. Here it is ...

You seem to have manually installed Spotty:

[18-12-02 21:06:34.9910] Slim::Utils::PluginManager::load (343) Adding
Bin directory: [C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Plugins\Spotty\Bin]

Delete that "Spotty" folder with all its content and start over.
--

Michael

franny
2018-12-03, 10:57
Hi Michael,

that worked! Thank's a lot & all the best,

F.

cjv
2018-12-03, 17:36
Hello everyone,

I recently started getting my old squeezeboxes up and running again and decided to give Spotty a try. I'm currently running LMS build 7.9.2 - 1541869104 with Spotty v.2.6.3 and am having an issue with some artists not showing up. It seems as if I've hit some sort of limit to how many albums or artists can appear in Spotty. For example, on Spotify's web player I had some Radiohead albums listed as the very first one's I ever added to Spotify, i.e. they are at the bottom of the page. Whenever I would look in Spotty, Radiohead wouldn't be listed in the "Artists" tab. So I deleted the Radiohead albums from my library on Spotify and re-added them and sure enough Radiohead appeared in the Spotty but this caused some other artists to disapper. Is there any way that I can correct this issue?

Also, I was just curious if there is a way to have an artist appear under the "Artist" tab but only have a few of their songs saved? The reason I'm curious about this is that I hit the 10,000 song limit because I need to save entire albums instead of just songs. For example, I only want Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" and "Radar Love" to show up under their album "The Continuing Story of Radar Love". Instead I'm forced to save the entire album which is really eating into my song count. I tried adding it to a playlist, but this doesn't seem to make them appear under the "Artists" tab. Is there a way I can just follow the artist without the number of followers being listed under the artist name?

Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully I described my issues well enough and they haven't beeen answered already. Thanks for all of the work that you put into the program to keep our Squeezeboxes going strong!

cjv
2018-12-03, 17:42
Hello everyone,

I recently started getting my old squeezeboxes up and running again and decided to give Spotty a try. I'm currently running LMS build 7.9.2 - 1541869104 with Spotty v.2.6.3 and am having an issue with some artists not showing up. It seems as if I've hit some sort of limit to how many albums or artists can appear in Spotty. For example, on Spotify' web player I had some Radiohead albums as the very first one's I ever added to Spotify, i.e. they are at the bottom of the page. Whenever I would look in Spotty, Radiohead wouldn't be listed in the "Artists" tab. So I deleted the Radiohead albums from my library on Spotify and re-added them and sure enough Radiohead appeared in the Spotty but this caused some other artists to disapper. Is there any way that I can correct this issue?

Also, I was just curious if there is a way to have an artist appear under the "Artist" tab but only have a few of their songs saved? The reason I'm curious about this is that I hit the 10,000 song limit because I need to save entire albums instead of just songs. For example, I only want Golden Earrings "Twilight Zone" and "Radar Love" to show up under their album "The Continuing Story of Radar Love". Instead I'm forced to save the entire album which is really eating into my song count. I tried adding it to a playlist, but this doesn't seem to make them appear under the "Artists" tab. Is there a way I can just follow the artist without the number of followers being listed under the artist name?

Sorry for the wall of text. Hopefully I described my issues well enough and they haven't beeen answered already. Thanks for all of the work that you put into the program to keep our Squeezeboxes going strong!

mherger
2018-12-03, 23:15
I recently started getting my old squeezeboxes up and running again and decided to give Spotty a try. I'm currently running LMS build 7.9.2 - 1541869104 with Spotty v.2.6.3 and am having an issue with some artists not showing up. It seems as if I've hit some sort of limit to how many albums or artists can appear in Spotty.

How many artists would you have? By default you can't have more than 500 items per list. If that's not enough, scroll up a few postings to see how you can get your own client_id to lift that limitation.

Also, I was just curious if there is a way to have an artist appear under the "Artist" tab but only have a few of their songs saved? The reason I'm curious about this is that I hit the 10,000 song limit because I need to save entire albums instead of just songs. For example, I only want Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" and "Radar Love" to show up under their album "The Continuing Story of Radar Love". Instead I'm forced to save the entire album which is really eating into my song count. I tried adding it to a playlist, but this doesn't seem to make them appear under the "Artists" tab. Is there a way I can just follow the artist without the number of followers being listed under the artist name?

The 10k limit afaik is only for downloaded tracks. Spotty does not download them, thus this limitation should not apply here. Spotty does have a preference to only show "your" albums under an artist, though. Eg. if you only like one of Frank Zappa's gazillion of albums, you can do that. But not on the track level.

CDTom
2018-12-04, 06:14
> When I run a spotify playlist on shuffle the order is always the "same"
> do you know a trick to run that more "randomly" ?

Shuffle mode enabled in LMS or in the Spotify app controlling it?

--

Michael

I use the Shuffle mode from the Squeezbox - I do nto know how to use the Shuffle in Spotify app (or is that what I get when use teh connect ?)

mherger
2018-12-04, 06:21
> I use the Shuffle mode from the Squeezbox - I do nto know how to use the
> Shuffle in Spotify app (or is that what I get when use teh connect ?)

How did you play the playlist?... important thing is that if you load
from LMS, then you have to enable shuffle in LMS. If you start using the
Spotify app (Connect mode), then you'll have to enable shuffle in the
Spotify app, too.

--

Michael

falolaf
2018-12-04, 22:35
Hello,

(I should start with mentioning that I do have my own spotify developer id enabled in spotty settings.)

I have just realized that not all playlists are fetched and it seems to be some playlists that I follow that are missing. I.e. if I, in e.g. windows Spotify client, decide to Follow a playlist, it will show up as the first playlist under Playlists in the client. Though it does not show up under Playlists in the Spotty app.

Though, if I create my own playlist it soon enough shows up in Spotty.
I can also mention that some of the playlists that I have been following for some time are also missing but not all of them.

My setup:
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 (Not sure if this is recent enough. I have not been notified about any updates lately though.)
Spotty 2.6.3
openSUSE Leap 42.3
(Anything else important?)

I have not had time to enable any logs but I can do that, soon:ish, if you wish.

/Anders

mherger
2018-12-04, 22:46
> I have just realized that not all playlists are fetched and it seems to
> be some playlists that I follow that are missing. I.e. if I, in e.g.
> windows Spotify client, decide to Follow a playlist, it will show up as
> the first playlist under Playlists in the client. Though it does not
> show up under Playlists in the Spotty app.

Please set logging for plugin.spotty to DEBUG, browse around Spotty's
playlists, then upload your server.log.zip to

--

Michael

razzmusit
2018-12-05, 01:11
Hi, I have just updated both
Logitech Media Server
Version : 7.9.2-1543258616
And Spotty plugin
Version: 2.6.3

But I get the infamous error:

"Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it."

My LMS is being run on an Asustor NAS with Entware 1.00 installed.
I have searched a lot for the way to solve this but haven't quite found the right solution yet.
I could really use some help.
Thanks

slartibartfast
2018-12-05, 01:47
Hi, I have just updated both
Logitech Media Server
Version : 7.9.2-1543258616
And Spotty plugin
Version: 2.6.3

But I get the infamous error:

"Spotty requires the Perl module IO::Socket::SSL. You can NOT use Spotty without this module. Please use your operating system's package manager to install it."

My LMS is being run on an Asustor NAS with Entware 1.00 installed.
I have searched a lot for the way to solve this but haven't quite found the right solution yet.
I could really use some help.
ThanksSomeone else has the same issue.
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums%2Eslimdevices%2 Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D107693&share_tid=107693&share_fid=813&share_type=t

mherger
2018-12-05, 01:49
> My LMS is being run on an Asustor NAS with Entware 1.00 installed.
> I have searched a lot for the way to solve this but haven't quite found
> the right solution yet.
> I could really use some help.

You better get in touch with the Asus/Entware community. This is not a
Spotty problem, and having SSL support is becoming more and more
important anyway.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-12-05, 01:56
> You better get in touch with the Asus/Entware community. This is not a
> Spotty problem, and having SSL support is becoming more and more
> important anyway.

Doesn't look good for you: https://github.com/Entware/Entware/issues/171
The request to add IO::Socket::SSL to Entware was closed only a few days
ago.

See also https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107778 -
conclusion: forget it. Get a Pi to run LMS on.

--

Michael

falolaf
2018-12-05, 05:53
>
Please set logging for plugin.spotty to DEBUG, browse around Spotty's
playlists, then upload your server.log.zip to

--

Michael

I have enabled DEBUG, browsed around playlists in Spotty. Uploaded the log to dropbox.

/Anders

mherger
2018-12-05, 07:02
> I have enabled DEBUG, browsed around playlists in Spotty. Uploaded the
> log to dropbox.

Wow... DEBUG is verbose, isn't it? :-) Make sure you turn it off again...

Spotty is seeing 701 playlists. How many of them would be shown if you
browsed them in the web UI? How many does the Spotify app you have?

And which one would be missing? Could you give me a name or even better
a Spotify URI (playlist ID)?

--

Michael

CDTom
2018-12-05, 07:24
> I use the Shuffle mode from the Squeezbox - I do nto know how to use the
> Shuffle in Spotify app (or is that what I get when use teh connect ?)

How did you play the playlist?... important thing is that if you load
from LMS, then you have to enable shuffle in LMS. If you start using the
Spotify app (Connect mode), then you'll have to enable shuffle in the
Spotify app, too.

--

Michael

I go in Spotty - to the spotify playlist and then play it (with Shuffle enlabled) - it shuffles - so it's not the order in the playlist but if I do not modfy teh pleaylist ist always the same "shuffled" order.
For some kind of reason I cannot get the connect mode runnning (also tried with the same account) but I do not see it as a Connect device (in Windows/Iphone or Android....)

falolaf
2018-12-05, 07:45
Wow... DEBUG is verbose, isn't it? :-) Make sure you turn it off again...

Spotty is seeing 701 playlists. How many of them would be shown if you
browsed them in the web UI? How many does the Spotify app you have?

And which one would be missing? Could you give me a name or even better
a Spotify URI (playlist ID)?

--

Michael

Well, you asked for it... :-) And I have turned it off.

Now I found something interesting. The spotify web player does not show the lists either. Something with the backend perhaps..?
I do have quite a number of playlists and I have not verified them all.
Non of the recent playlists I have started to follow are visible in the list. And at least one seems to have vanished even though it is available in e.g. the android Spotify app.

This is one playlist that I can't find:
spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DWZwtERXCS82H

And another one that I for sure have seen in the list because I have used it a lot during the passed months.
spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4xuWVBs4FgJ

Thank you for your effort investigating this!

/Anders

mherger
2018-12-05, 08:13
> Well, you asked for it... :-) And I have turned it off.

I was just surprised myself how much data 700 playlists would generate:
when you want to browse your 700 playlists, Spotty will have to download
100MB of data or more. Just to get that list! Sure, data should be
compressed during transfer, but still, that's quite a bit of data.

> Now I found something interesting. The spotify web player does not show
> the lists either. Something with the backend perhaps..?

Yeah, might be.

> This is one playlist that I can't find:
> spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DWZwtERXCS82H
>
> And another one that I for sure have seen in the list because I have
> used it a lot during the passed months.
> spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4xuWVBs4FgJ

None of these would be in the data returned by Spotify's API. I must
assume it's a problem/limitation on their end.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-12-05, 08:26
> I go in Spotty - to the spotify playlist and then play it (with Shuffle
> enlabled) - it shuffles - so it's not the order in the playlist but if I
> do not modfy teh pleaylist ist always the same "shuffled" order.

What do you consider "modify the playlist"? Can you give me step by step
instructions how to reproduce this using eg. the web UI?

Please note that there are three shuffle modes: off, album, everything.
In the case of a Spotify playlist most likely only the last one would
work, as the album mode would try to keep albums together. This might
fail as we don't always have the album information needed for this.

--

Michael

falolaf
2018-12-05, 21:13
> This is one playlist that I can't find:
> spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DWZwtERXCS82H
>
> And another one that I for sure have seen in the list because I have
> used it a lot during the passed months.
> spotify:user:spotify: playlist:37i9dQZF1DX4xuWVBs4FgJ

None of these would be in the data returned by Spotify's API. I must
assume it's a problem/limitation on their end.

--

Michael

Why would those playlists not be in the data returnied by Spotify's API? Anything special with them?

/Anders

mherger
2018-12-05, 22:31
> Why would those playlists not be in the data returnied by Spotify's API?
> Anything special with them?

That's a question you'd have to ask Spotify :-).

What I find really odd is that I was able to follow those playlists, and
they would show up here.

You might add your voice, unless you already posted to this:
https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/1096. Seems to be a known,
recent issue.
--

Michael

falolaf
2018-12-06, 00:09
That's a question you'd have to ask Spotify :-).

What I find really odd is that I was able to follow those playlists, and
they would show up here.

You might add your voice, unless you already posted to this:
https://github.com/spotify/web-api/issues/1096. Seems to be a known,
recent issue.
--

Michael

Thank you very much Michael!

Odd indeed that those playlists shows up for you!

I have added some words to that issue. The timeframe for it seems to match with my findings.

/Anders

radtad
2018-12-06, 04:31
Hi everbody,

I tried setting up the Spotty plugin for my LMS but it just wont work. So far it seems as if the LMS is running fine. I can access the web gui through my browser and do basically everything I want.
The LMS is running inside a X86 emulator called exagear since i had massive problems getting it to run natively on the banana pi.

The only thing that is not working is the spotty authenticator. I set the logging to debug for spotty and can see that the plugin is contiunally trying to start the connect daemon. If I try to authenticate manually through the settings page I get a SIG 11 error.

Here is the log output for the connect daemon:

[18-12-06 11:15:15.1614] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (150) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -c /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__ -n Spotify Anmeldung (lemaker) -a
[18-12-06 11:15:17.1705] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (150) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:
/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux/spotty -c /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__ -n Spotify Anmeldung (lemaker) -a
[18-12-06 11:15:19.1737] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::startHelper (150) Starting Spotty Connect deamon:

And this is what happens when I try to authenticate manually:

[18-12-06 10:57:10.3574] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (63) Trying to authenticate using: /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386 -linux/spotty -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify Anmeldung (lemaker)" -u "retracted email" -p "********" -a --disable-discovery
[18-12-06 10:57:11.3173] Plugins::Spotty::Settings::Auth::handler (75) Anmeldung fehlgeschlagen: UBT: caught a synchronous signal 11 in the code of UBT itself at 0xab8a4974.

I don┤t know what to do at this point. Restarting and the usual stuff didn┤t help. Any ideas?

mherger
2018-12-06, 05:46
> I tried setting up the Spotty plugin for my LMS but it just wont work.
> So far it seems as if the LMS is running fine. I can access the web gui
> through my browser and do basically everything I want.
> The LMS is running inside a X86 emulator called exagear since i had
> massive problems getting it to run natively on the banana pi.

I'm sorry, this is beyond what I'm able to support... a x86 emulator on
an ARM platform unknown to me is just asking for trouble. Are you sure
figuring out how to run LMS natively would be a more promising approach?

--

Michael

radtad
2018-12-06, 06:01
> I tried setting up the Spotty plugin for my LMS but it just wont work.
> So far it seems as if the LMS is running fine. I can access the web gui
> through my browser and do basically everything I want.
> The LMS is running inside a X86 emulator called exagear since i had
> massive problems getting it to run natively on the banana pi.

I'm sorry, this is beyond what I'm able to support... a x86 emulator on
an ARM platform unknown to me is just asking for trouble. Are you sure
figuring out how to run LMS natively would be a more promising approach?

--

Michael

Ok, that┤s understandable. I will try to get it to work natively.

mbg
2018-12-06, 06:55
This is a great plugin and I very much appreciate the work that has gone into it.

Just curious - is it a known issue that track names don't update when using Spotify Connect?

I am currently playing from Spotify on a Windows desktop to a Squeezebox Boom using Spotify Connect with the latest plugin version. The initial track name is correct after starting to play, but as the playlist progresses the first track name remains on the Boom display even though the track has changed.

mherger
2018-12-06, 07:04
> Just curious - is it a known issue that track names don't update when
> using Spotify Connect?

No.

> I am currently playing from Spotify on a Windows desktop to a Squeezebox
> Boom using Spotify Connect with the latest plugin version. The initial
> track name is correct after starting to play, but as the playlist
> progresses the first track name remains on the Boom display even though
> the track has changed.

Could you please set plugin.spotty=INFO in Settings/Advanced/Logging,
play above and send me your server.log.zip?

--

Michael

razzmusit
2018-12-06, 09:26
> You better get in touch with the Asus/Entware community. This is not a
> Spotty problem, and having SSL support is becoming more and more
> important anyway.

Doesn't look good for you: https://github.com/Entware/Entware/issues/171
The request to add IO::Socket::SSL to Entware was closed only a few days
ago.

See also https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107778 -
conclusion: forget it. Get a Pi to run LMS on.

--

Michael

Thanks I guess :(

KR Rasmus

mbg
2018-12-06, 14:37
> Just curious - is it a known issue that track names don't update when
> using Spotify Connect?

No.

> I am currently playing from Spotify on a Windows desktop to a Squeezebox
> Boom using Spotify Connect with the latest plugin version. The initial
> track name is correct after starting to play, but as the playlist
> progresses the first track name remains on the Boom display even though
> the track has changed.

Could you please set plugin.spotty=INFO in Settings/Advanced/Logging,
play above and send me your server.log.zip?

--

Michael

Done - thanks, Michael.

Once I set INFO logging, it initially was working as expected but after some time they fell out of sync.

I've included a screenshot of the desktop client as well as the SBS web UI at the time of the issue. The timestamps are in the image filenames.

Basically, while the Spotify Desktop tracks move from one to the next, the Boom playlist retains the same track name. It does play the new tracks, and the time position does start anew with each track on the Boom, but the track artist and name don't change.

EDIT: also sent you an additional PNG file that shows the 2nd track in a Spotify playlist playing correctly (i.e. title name correct in "now playing") while the track indicated to be currently playing in the playlist is different. I'm guessing that what will happen is that, after a few tracks, "now playing" will revert to the track title of the first track for all subsequent tracks.

mherger
2018-12-06, 22:52
> Basically, while the Spotify Desktop tracks move from one to the next,
> the Boom playlist retains the same track name. It does play the new
> tracks, and the time position does start anew with each track on the
> Boom, but the track artist and name don't change.

When you say "The Boom playlist", is the actual display of the currently
playing track ok, just not the playlist as shown at the bottom of the
web UI? That would be an ancient issue, dating back years before Spotty
and shows up with any radio station, too. I just never bothered to spend
more time on it, because I seem to have been the only one noticing it :-).

Can you confirm that the Boom's Now Playing screen is ok?

--

Michael

Gobuleberbu
2018-12-07, 07:36
I have been having similar issues but with iPeng. It sometimes doesn't update the "now playing" album art, artist and track name.

EnvoyÚ de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hughby
2018-12-08, 02:13
+1 on the Boom 'Now Playing' not updating. This was mentioned quite some time ago in the early days of Spotty.
I found that if I have the LMS Web gui open somewhere then the display on the Boom does update when using Spotty/Connect.
I remember doing lots of tests concluded that it was 'inconsistent'.

Pcp 4.0 on rpi 3 and very recent LMS.

I don't know if it's relevant but I'm one of those users who often sees 'Connecting...' for 5+ seconds on the Boom when starting a play list (but not between tracks).

Hugh

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

mherger
2018-12-08, 03:19
> +1 on the Boom 'Now Playing' not updating. This was mentioned quite some
> time ago in the early days of Spotty.

Yeah, I have a vague memory... This only happens in Connect mode, doesn't it?

What Now Playing screensaver are you using? What title format?

> I found that if I have the LMS Web gui open somewhere then the display
> on the Boom does update when using Spotty/Connect.

That might be helpful to know. Thank!

--

Michael

mbg
2018-12-08, 03:56
> Basically, while the Spotify Desktop tracks move from one to the next,
> the Boom playlist retains the same track name. It does play the new
> tracks, and the time position does start anew with each track on the
> Boom, but the track artist and name don't change.

When you say "The Boom playlist", is the actual display of the currently
playing track ok, just not the playlist as shown at the bottom of the
web UI? That would be an ancient issue, dating back years before Spotty
and shows up with any radio station, too. I just never bothered to spend
more time on it, because I seem to have been the only one noticing it :-).

Can you confirm that the Boom's Now Playing screen is ok?

--

Michael

The Boom's Now Playing screen stays in sync for the first few tracks, but eventually reverts to the first track played and stays on that track (the actual audio is of the correct track, and playing time does reset when the track changes, but the artist/track stays the same).

I'm using Music Information Screen as the Now Playing screensaver. Title formats as in the attached image (TRACKNUM. TITLE). 26181

scala
2018-12-08, 10:52
Hello, I have just tried installing Spotty for the first time (latest plugin version from repository) but I see this error message in red, when clicking on the parameters:

Spotty Spotify for Squeezebox
There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me:

SystŔme d'exploitation : Debian / x86_64-linux

Dossier pour les applications utilitaires :
/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/x86_64-linux
/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/usr/sbin
/usr/bin
/sbin
/bin
/mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/ShairTunes2W/Bin
/mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/i386-linux
/mnt/state/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin
ldd (Debian GLIBC 2.19-18+deb8u10) 2.19

I run LMS inside a container/docker on a QNAP OS 4.2.0 with Intel processor. The error message I get from the LMS server is (I did not set any particular logging/debugging level):

[18-12-08 18:21:39.5995] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
[18-12-08 18:21:39.6003] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (54) Last error:
thread 'main' panicked at 'unexpected getrandom error: 1', libstd/sys/unix/rand.rs:56:21
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
Aborted
[18-12-08 18:21:39.6010] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (72) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0
[18-12-08 18:23:05.4227] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
[18-12-08 18:23:05.4233] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (54) Last error:
thread 'main' panicked at 'unexpected getrandom error: 1', libstd/sys/unix/rand.rs:56:21
note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
Aborted

Any suggestions where to start investigating (although I'm not an expert...)?
Thanks!

mherger
2018-12-08, 23:27
> The Boom's Now Playing screen stays in sync for the first few tracks,
> but eventually reverts to the first track played and stays on that track
> (the actual audio is of the correct track, and playing time does reset
> when the track changes, but the artist/track stays the same).
>
> I'm using Music Information Screen as the Now Playing screensaver. Title
> formats as in the attached image (TRACKNUM. TITLE).

Ok, I can reproduce this, even without MusicInfoSCR. Still not clear to
me why it happens, though. I'll look into this.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-12-08, 23:34
> [18-12-08 18:21:39.5995] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
> [18-12-08 18:21:39.6003] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (54) Last error:
> thread 'main' panicked at 'unexpected getrandom error: 1', libstd/sys/unix/rand.rs:56:21
> note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` for a backtrace.
> Aborted

At first I thought this might be a Docker issue. But it seems there's a
problem with QNAP's kernel. If I google for above error message, the
first hit would be a very specific discussion among Rust developers
(Rust is the programming language used for the spotty helper) how to
work around this issue on QNAP devices:

https://github.com/rust-lang/rust/issues/52609

Alas, the issue is still open. It's interesting though that I hadn't
seen this before...

--

Michael

Hughby
2018-12-09, 01:19
>

Ok, I can reproduce this, even without MusicInfoSCR. Still not clear to
me why it happens, though. I'll look into this.

--

Michael

I tried various 'screensavers' and sometimes it seemed to work - for a while!
Good to know you can reproduce the problem.

As always Michael, many many thanks for all your efforts :-)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

scala
2018-12-09, 02:05
> At first I thought this might be a Docker issue. But it seems there's a problem with QNAP's kernel.

OK, thanks.
I think first of all I will try and upgrade my QNAP OS, which I have been delaying for too long. I'll keep you informed if this is enough to solve the issue.

ElFishi
2018-12-09, 03:09
Hello there,

I am currently experiencing repeated crashes of the spotty daemon in my current (new) system setup:

RPi 3B+, pCP4.0+LMS(7.9.2 - 1543258616 @ Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018), jivelite + 3,5" screen
RPi zero, pCP4.0
SB3

After playing OK for quite some time the music stopped and the Spotify app became disconnected from the players.
Every time now I try to reconnect, the daemon crashes (log-0 attached).
This also happens when I unsync the players.
In this situation restarting LMS or even pCP doesn't help (log-1).

I can select and play music from the Spotty application in the LMS web gui.
Connect from the Win 10 spotify app is completely broken.

Edit:
update: spotify connect works OK with the android app.
Upon restarting my Win 10 machine also the Windows app works again.

pppaul
2018-12-09, 06:05
Hi,
I have experienced problem with keeping Spotify Connect connection. It was broken every song. Spotify is very sensitive to network parameters. The thing that helped me ro resolve problem - router preferences:

Now it workes perfect.
Thank you, Michael. Great work!

ear859
2018-12-09, 14:22
> Everything works great with the new version of Spotty on the device
> except for the lack of control from the Spotify application on Mac. It
> is possible to choose the device to be used for playback. When I do it
> nothing happens on the Logitech device, no sound is produced although
> Spotify displays as if the music is being played. On the other hand from
> the Logitech device I can see all the Spotify content and start and stop
> playing the music directly from the device.

Can you enable INFO logging for plugin.spotty, then try again. Once it
has failed, provide the server.log file (together with information about
your server, LMS version etc.).

--

Michael

Hi
I don't know how/where to enable info logging for plugin.spotty. Anyway it started working probably due to restart and update to the newest version. Thank you.

Paul Webster
2018-12-09, 15:25
Hi
I don't know how/where to enable info logging for plugin.spotty.
For the future, just in case, LMS web UI/Settings/Advanced/Logging - they are sorted alphabetically ... look for plugin.spotty

anadigi
2018-12-10, 18:23
Hi Michael,
I do notice when I play a whole album and a song would not play! If I play from my Spotify app, it plays!

mherger
2018-12-11, 02:23
> I tried various 'screensavers' and sometimes it seemed to work - for a
> while!

I think it's pretty easily reproducible if you (force-) quit all Spotify
apps on phone, computer etc. The time it took probably was as long as
the controlling app was running, before it got sent to sleep by the OS.

Please give 2.6.4 another try. It would hopefully fix this issue.

--

Michael

d6jg
2018-12-11, 09:20
Upgraded today to v2.6.4 and now in conjunction with DSTM/Lastmix I am getting strange results when DSTM kicks in.

Here Spotty can't find track and artist info or cover art

Here it is telling me that Peter Frampton is playing over and over but actually its something completely different

And here it is also misreporting

I have done a full system reboot to check that it isn't simply a thread going haywire but the current situation is unaltered. This could of course be Spotify end.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1543258616 @ Mon Nov 26 20:22:39 CET 2018
Hostname: vortexbox-ssd
Server IP Address: 10.0.0.11
Operating system: Red Hat - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.22.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.023
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
Total Players Recognized: 16

d6jg
2018-12-11, 09:24
I know Michael doesn't see edits so .....

Server Log
[18-12-11 16:23:46.4077] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.4096] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.6202] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.6224] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.6422] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.6444] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.9551] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:46.9584] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
[18-12-11 16:23:47.2017] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getBulkMetadata (239) Need to fetch metadata for: ()
etc

d6jg
2018-12-11, 09:27
This is what happens when the playlist moves onto a Spotify track with no metadata.

All Spotify tracks in the DSTM generated playlist get updtaed and identified as the currently playing Spotify track.

d6jg
2018-12-11, 09:28
And the log says

[18-12-11 16:28:27.6324] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify:track:6fhpnwCBLVamyD7gkZhXjt
[18-12-11 16:28:27.6337] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (170) {
album => "Runnin' Wild",
artist => "Airbourne",
bitrate => "705kbps CBR",
cover => "https://i.scdn.co/image/19ed00aa6a8d3bb8853cdd7ab929af7dd4a6d97a",
duration => "224.773",
icon => "/html/images/cover.png",
originalType => "Ogg Vorbis (Spotify)",
title => "Too Much, Too Young, Too Fast",
type => "Ogg Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted to FLAC)",
url => "spotify:track:6fhpnwCBLVamyD7gkZhXjt",
}
[18-12-11 16:28:27.6349] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify:track:6fhpnwCBLVamyD7gkZhXjt
[18-12-11 16:28:27.6361] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (170) {
album => "Runnin' Wild",
artist => "Airbourne",
duration => "224.773",
}
[18-12-11 16:28:32.7373] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify:track:6fhpnwCBLVamyD7gkZhXjt
[18-12-11 16:28:32.7390] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (170) {
album => "Runnin' Wild",
artist => "Airbourne",
duration => "224.773",

slartibartfast
2018-12-11, 09:41
Upgraded today to v2.6.4 and now in conjunction with DSTM/Lastmix I am getting strange results when DSTM kicks in.

Here Spotty can't find track and artist info or cover art

Here it is telling me that Peter Frampton is playing over and over but actually its something completely different

And here it is also misreporting

I have done a full system reboot to check that it isn't simply a thread going haywire but the current situation is unaltered. This could of course be Spotify end.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1543258616 @ Mon Nov 26 20:22:39 CET 2018
Hostname: vortexbox-ssd
Server IP Address: 10.0.0.11
Operating system: Red Hat - EN - utf8
Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
Perl Version: 5.22.2 - x86_64-linux-thread-multi
IO::Socket::SSL: 2.023
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)
Total Players Recognized: 16I have not updated to 2.6.4 yet so I tried setting DSTM to Last Mix and Spotify tracks show up correctly with my version so it must be new behaviour.

mherger
2018-12-11, 10:29
> Upgraded today to v2.6.4 and now in conjunction with DSTM/Lastmix I am
> getting strange results when DSTM kicks in.

I'm sorry for that... fix one issue, introduce some more :-(. I reverted
the change I applied in an attempt at fixing the ip3k display issue.
2.6.5 is on its way to you. Thanks for the heads up!

--

Michael

d6jg
2018-12-11, 10:35

--

Michael

Wow that was quick. v2.6.5 applied

d6jg
2018-12-11, 10:35
Wow that was quick. v2.6.5 applied

And it is immediately fixed :)

mbg
2018-12-12, 05:37

--

Michael

Michael, not sure if 2.6.5 was intended to also fix the issue I had mentioned with the Boom display not showing the correct track, but I installed and tested it this morning and the track title in Now Playing still falls out of sync with Spotify, although the current track in the SBS UI does now match what's Now Playing.

It also seems to stop playing on the Boom after every track, but my Internet service is not so great this morning so can't rule out it being related to that.

mherger
2018-12-12, 06:08
>> I'm sorry for that... fix one issue, introduce some more :-(. I reverted
>> the change I applied in an attempt at fixing the ip3k display issue.
>> 2.6.5 is on its way to you. Thanks for the heads up!
>
> Michael, not sure if 2.6.5 was intended to also fix the issue I had
> mentioned with the Boom display not showing the correct track, but I

No, that's what 2.6.4 was supposed to fix. In 2.6.5 I reverted that
change again. Therefore the behaviour would be the same as before. I
might have some other workaround to try out later today...

--

Michael

slimhase
2018-12-12, 14:00
Hi Michael;
I had Spotty running smoothly for ages.
Recently, the system kept asking me to restart LMS to update a plugin - endlessly.
I unticked autoupdate and i saw that it wanted to update from my current Spotty version 2.6.3 to 2.6.6.
But if I clicked on update and restart it only showed up again as to be updated.

So i deleted the plugin and wanted to start from scratch - but now, it does not install at all!
It keeps showing up at the top of the plugin page as to be updated.

Also, there is nothing in the errorlog - as the plugin is not installed, i can not tell the system to capture warning levels etc for the plugin...

This happens only with Spotty. A reinstall of Airplay bridge worked fine.

Any leads where I can go from here?

PerLundborg
2018-12-12, 15:03
Same issue here.
Initially on Spotty 2.6.3

LMS 1.9.2, updated to latest pushed deb package (logitechmediaserver_7.9.2~1544453860_amd64.deb)
Notification about new plugin, Spotty 2.6.6, all attempts to install failes, nothing in the log regardles of setting for server.plugin

Possibly related (indirectly?), a lot of warnings like
[18-12-12 23:01:34.7488] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base:: playlistEntryIsValid (125) Warning: spotify://track:5T8EDUDqKcs6OSOwEsfqG7 found in playlist:
[18-12-12 23:01:34.7500] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base:: playlistEntryIsValid (125) Warning: file:///sharedfolders/Lagring/Music/Slimbox_music_files/spotify:/track:5T8EDUDqKcs6OSOwEsfqG7 found in playlist:

[Edit]
Same issue as back in 2018-11-22 22:47?

mherger
2018-12-12, 15:37
> Same issue here.
> Initially on Spotty 2.6.3

I think there is/was a problem with the CDN, serving a broken copy in
northern Europe. Could you please try again?

--

Michael

PerLundborg
2018-12-12, 15:43
Attempting new install now worked, everything as good as it was before :-)

slimhase
2018-12-12, 17:14
Attempting new install now worked, everything as good as it was before :-)

Same here.
Thanks, Michael!

Hughby
2018-12-13, 04:07
Hopefully it was meant to ;-)

Loaded 2.6.6 this morning and the track display on the Boom is advancing nicely. The display changes a couple of seconds before the old track ends but that's no problem.

Thanks Michael!

mbg
2018-12-13, 05:42
Hopefully it was meant to ;-)

Loaded 2.6.6 this morning and the track display on the Boom is advancing nicely. The display changes a couple of seconds before the old track ends but that's no problem.

Thanks Michael!

Agree - I've only used it for one playlist since, but it seems to be working much better now - thanks Michael!

mbg
2018-12-13, 15:07
Agree - I've only used it for one playlist since, but it seems to be working much better now - thanks Michael!

I've been running it all afternoon and it has kept up so far :)

scala
2018-12-15, 09:54
At first I thought this might be a Docker issue. But it seems there's a
problem with QNAP's kernel...
Dear Michael
sorry for the delay in feedback, but I manage to "play" with LMS only during weekends.
I'm happy to inform you that after a full upgrade of QNAP OS + Docker to the latest version, Spotty works perfectly.
It's a great app that you have created.
And it's almost unbelievable that LMS whose foundations were laid almost 20 years ago still beats any other commercial system I know, thanks to your continuous work and that of other members of the forum here.
Many thanks!

falolaf
2018-12-17, 00:03
Thank you very much Michael!

Odd indeed that those playlists shows up for you!

I have added some words to that issue. The timeframe for it seems to match with my findings.

/Anders

FYI: It seems that the playlists that were missing for me now shows up again. Both in Spotty and in the web player. I noticed that yesterday.

mherger
2018-12-17, 00:50
> FYI: It seems that the playlists that were missing for me now shows up
> again. Both in Spotty and in the web player. I noticed that yesterday.

Good to know, thanks!

--

Michael

ElFishi
2018-12-17, 12:23
From one moment to the next spotty crashes when connected to from the windows app.

I was playing music just fine when suddenly it stopped.
Connection from the spotify app was lost. Since then whenever I try to reconnect the spotty daemon crashes.
the log is now swamped with

[18-12-17 20:08:03.9234] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify://track:1FbVD9vOUtfTmkjwK6bDko

restarting LMS doesn't change anything, nor does restarting pCP.
I can play one song at a time from the LMS web gui. But I can't run a playlist (e.g. a full album from Spotify) it keeps repeating the first song.

system is 3 players synced:

RPi3B+, pCP4.0, spotty2.6.6, LMS, Squeezelite, Jivelite
piZero, pCP4.0, Squeezelite
SB3

When I unsync the players, spotty does not crash upon connecting from the app.
But the above log lines keep flooding in.

Help?

mherger
2018-12-17, 14:19
> When I unsync the players, spotty does not crash upon connecting from
> the app.

Would you be playing the same track in both cases? Or could the track be
making the difference?

Could you also check memory usage when streaming? Assuming you're
running Spotty/LMS on the Pi3B+ it's unlikely running out of memory. But
it's worth the check anyway.

--

Michael

ElFishi
2018-12-17, 23:49
Yes, it was the same track and album I was trying to play from both the app and LMS gui.
But I also tried others.

This morning it seems to work again, I'm puzzled.
I still get 5-7 lines per second of these

[18-12-18 07:48:29.5696] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify://track:7GE7xrV4eMXb4gW4pkAE4U

Update: system was only stable for three or so songs.
I'm back to fault state again: as soon as I connect from the app whith synced or unsynced players spotty crashes.
Restarting LMS does not help.
Memory is 318M/977M, LMS runs on RPi3B+, pCP4.0

mherger
2018-12-18, 01:03
> This morning it seems to work again, I'm puzzled.
> I still get 5-7 lines per second of these
>
> Code:
> --------------------
> [18-12-18 07:48:29.5696] Plugins::Spotty::ProtocolHandler::getMetadataFor (169) Returning metadata cached in song object for spotify://track:7GE7xrV4eMXb4gW4pkAE4U
> --------------------

Are you using the Material skin? Any other client? 5-7x per second is a
lot. It's usually shown whenever a client is asking for a metadata
update. I know that Material does poll once a second. But not 5x...

Anyway: turn off spotty logging, and those messages will go away. I'll
probably town them down in a future release.

--

Michael

ElFishi
2018-12-18, 14:05
yes, latest material skin.
uninstalled it and re-installed it. for the moment I am back to normal.
Btw, the left pain of material/desktop doesn't show properly in my browsers: firefox, chrome, or edge.

slartibartfast
2018-12-19, 01:35
yes, latest material skin.
uninstalled it and re-installed it. for the moment I am back to normal.
Btw, the left pain of material/desktop doesn't show properly in my browsers: firefox, chrome, or edge.Try clearing cache etc. Should fix the browser issue.

CFS
2018-12-22, 05:33
I had serious playback problems starting today:
Running Raspberry Pi3, Spotty 2.6.6, latest Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1545144292.

The music stopped after 1 or 2 songs, so i fiddled a little bit with the plugin, but now I cannot get it to work again. So I did a bit of an investigation on this forum, cleared /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache checked the server.log:

Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.

error getting token MercuryError
[18-12-22 13:20:44.7303] Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (194) Failed to get Spotify access token

Tried to authenticate manual: by putting in username/password in the plugin, by using the 'Spotty Authentication' on my iPhone's App.

Still no success. Any other tips/hints?

edit: I tried the commandline as well:

sudo /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty -n Squeezebox -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/d45db8bf" --get-token --client-id SqueezeBox

Yes the credentials are correct, triple checked on various devices.

mherger
2018-12-23, 00:53
> Plugins::Spotty::API::_gotTokenResponse (179) Failed to get Spotify access token: malformed JSON string, neither array, object, number, string or atom, at character offset 0 (before "error getting token ...") at /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/API.pm line 176.
>
> error getting token MercuryError

This sounds like a (temporary?) networking issue. Spotty fails to
contact the Spotify servers.

--

Michael

mherger
2018-12-23, 00:55
edit: I tried the commandline as well:

sudo /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty -n Squeezebox -c "/var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/spotty/d45db8bf" --get-token --client-id SqueezeBox

Yes the credentials are correct, triple checked on various devices.

Well, that client-id is invalid. Please remove it and try again. I guess you've mis-configured your Spotty installation... don't touch on options you don't understand. I'm pretty sure there's such a warning :-P.

Can you post your settings?

CFS
2018-12-23, 03:22
Well, that client-id is invalid. Please remove it and try again. Thanks Michael, I really really feel like an idiot now :( I removed the client-id, then it worked! I cannot believe I haven't tried that before, maybe this "Please don't change the following settings, unless you know exactly what you're doing" could be bold in future updates :D Or... I have to act less stupid :rolleyes:

Many thanks! Happy holidays!

edit:
The player still stops however after around 0:50mins of playing.

Gobuleberbu
2018-12-23, 15:59
Hi Michael!

I just found a little bug here. When adding a synced squeezelite player during playback, squeezebox will continue playing the song but will detach from Spotify connect. The cached song will be played until the end then it will stop the playback since the lms playlist is empty. This seems to happen because the name of the output changes inside Spotify to list the linked players. Could it be that changing the name actually creates a new device thus disconnecting playback?

This happens with latest lms, under latest max2play, with latest plugin, with ipeng, lms classic and material interface.

Have a great holiday season
-JS

mherger
2018-12-23, 23:02
> This seems to happen because the name of the output changes inside
> Spotify to list the linked players. Could it be that changing the name
> actually creates a new device thus disconnecting playback?

Spotify wouldn't rely on the name. But yes, syncing might change the
playback targets, as Spotty tries to only expose the groups, not the
individual players.

--

Michael

BillatLakeGeorge
2018-12-24, 14:14
edit:
The player still stops however after around 0:50mins of playing.

I have noticed this on many occasions.

ustinov
2018-12-28, 13:19
Hi Michael

I had a problem with tracks not starting at the beginning on my setup that appears to be related to the time on different devices in my setup.
I have an ODROID XU4Q running Dietpi, LMS 7.9.1, Spotty 2.6.6 and Squeezelite. When I start a track from the Spotify app in connect mode on my iPad Air the track often starts up to 35 seconds into the track. Also when I go to the next or previous track.
The number of seconds it skips is constant from track to track, but can be different from day to day. The problem will be gone ( for a while) when I reboot the ODROID. Restarting LMS does not help.

Tracks do start at the beginning when I use chromecast on my NVIDIA Shield from Spotify app or when I play through spotty from the LMS web interface. (Only ODROID device involved).

The ODROID was set to emulate a hardware RTC and only sync time once a day and at boot time. When I enabled the built in hardware RTC and ntpdaemon drift compensation the problem disappeared!
Problems with the app sometimes showing different tracks than were actually playing or spotty no longer responding to the app have also not occured since then.

If I turn off ntp and set the ODROID time 30-60s in advance I get a different behaviour: when I start a track the progress in the Spotify iPad app stays at zero while the music is playing. When I pause and restart a track the progress barr jumps around. I have not tested this extensively.

Could differences in RTC time on different devices cause this type of behaviour,( and possibly also problems other users are reporting)? I understand the RPi does not have a hardware clock and relies on software RTC emulation.

mherger
2018-12-28, 13:52
> Could differences in RTC time on different devices cause this type of
> behaviour,( and possibly also problems other users are reporting)? I
> understand the RPi does not have a hardware clock and relies on software
> RTC emulation.
Wow... interesting find! But I have no idea why this would be the way it
is... I'll try to remember it anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

--

Michael

ustinov
2018-12-29, 16:14
> Could differences in RTC time on different devices cause this type of
> behaviour,( and possibly also problems other users are reporting)? I
> understand the RPi does not have a hardware clock and relies on software
> RTC emulation.
Wow... interesting find! But I have no idea why this would be the way it
is... I'll try to remember it anyway. Thanks for the feedback!

--

Michael

I thought maybe you recognized that track playback status uses RTC timestamp or something. That might explain the behaviour I experienced.
I have no idea how the API works. It might be an idea for people experiencing strange problems to check if the time was correct on all devices involved.
Spotty behaviour is spottless here now. Thanks for keeping the plugin up to date.

EDIT: from what I find it does seem to use RTC to commnicate track progress. Not sure what clock it uses for the timestamp and if/how this is used in Spotty/Librespot.
https://developer.spotify.com/documentation/web-api/reference/player/get-information-about-the-users-current-playback/

Peter

SimonG156
2018-12-30, 09:06
I am running a Raspberry Pi with LMS installed from PiCore

I enabled the plugins Spotty 2.6.6 and Spotty Helper v 0.12

I get this error in the log at startup
[18-12-30 15:56:09.6564] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
[18-12-30 15:56:34.8672] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[18-12-30 15:57:10.9598] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (72) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0

And this error on the Spotty config screen
There has been a problem running the Spotty helper application. Most likely your operating system and/or platform is not supported. Please report the following details to me:

Operating system: piCore / armv7l-linux

Helper Applications Folder:
/usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux
/usr/local/slimserver/Bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/sbin
/usr/sbin
/bin
/usr/bin
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpottyAARCH64Bin/Bin

I presume I have installed the wrong helper plugin but cant see another.

Man in a van
2018-12-30, 09:17
I think a helper is not required for a raspberry.

slartibartfast
2018-12-30, 09:24
I am running a Raspberry Pi with LMS installed from PiCore

I enabled the plugins Spotty 2.6.6 and Spotty Helper v 0.12

I get this error in the log at startup
[18-12-30 15:56:09.6564] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
[18-12-30 15:56:34.8672] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1543258616, Mon Nov 26 20:30:03 CET 2018) perl 5.024000 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
[18-12-30 15:57:10.9598] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (72) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0

And this error on the Spotty config screen

Operating system: piCore / armv7l-linux

Helper Applications Folder:
/usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux
/usr/local/slimserver/Bin
/usr/local/sbin
/usr/local/bin
/sbin
/usr/sbin
/bin
/usr/bin
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux
/usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SpottyAARCH64Bin/Bin

I presume I have installed the wrong helper plugin but cant see another.

You don't need the aarch64 helper.

SimonG156
2018-12-30, 09:48
Thanks it seems so as the plugin just asks for my ID now.

The log still reports
[18-12-30 16:46:46.3593] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (72) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0
But I will persevere without.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mherger
2018-12-30, 10:01
> I am running a Raspberry Pi with LMS installed from PiCore

Is this piCorePlayer, or your own piCore installation?

> [18-12-30 15:56:09.6564] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find
> Spotty helper application!

Please go to Settings/Advanced/Logging, check the "keep settings on
restart" (or similar) box at the top, and set logging for plugin.spotty
to INFO. Then save and restart LMS. Once done, upload your
server.log.zip to https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a.

> /usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux

You could also try to run all of the binaries found in that folder from
a shell. What would that give?

--

Michael

SimonG156
2018-12-30, 10:17
Itĺs PiCorePlayer vanilla all installed through their UI.

Logged is

18-12-30 17:12:44.4053] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::purgeAudioCache (464) Starting audio cache cleanup...
[18-12-30 17:12:44.4124] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::purgeAudioCache (487) Max. cache size is: 0MB, current cache size is 0MB
[18-12-30 17:12:44.4168] Plugins::Spotty::Plugin::purgeAudioCache (538) Audio cache cleanup done!
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5201] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5298] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5380] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5425] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::get (53) Didn't find Spotty helper application!
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5462] Plugins::Spotty::Connect::canSpotifyConnect (72) Cannot support Spotty Connect, need at least helper version 0.12.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mherger
2018-12-30, 23:34
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5201] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-hf
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5298] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty-muslhf
[18-12-30 17:12:45.5380] Plugins::Spotty::Helper::_findBin (196) Trying helper application: /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux/spotty

Spotty on pCP should just work. It's what I'm using myself in one place.

Could you please try to run above binaries from a shell? What would that give?

SimonG156
2018-12-31, 08:27
Spotty on pCP should just work. It's what I'm using myself in one place.

Could you please try to run above binaries from a shell? What would that give?

I don't have folder Spotty at Plugins

If I go to armh-linux I see

tc@piCorePlayer:/usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux$ ls
faad flac mac sox wvunpack

SimonG156
2018-12-31, 08:41
I don't have folder Spotty at Plugins

If I go to armh-linux I see

tc@piCorePlayer:/usr/local/slimserver/Bin/armhf-linux$ ls
faad flac mac sox wvunpack

Apologies, missed off the trailing /

I see
spotty spotty-hf spotty-muslhf

How do I execute them>?

in/arm-linux$ ls
spotty spotty-hf spotty-muslhf
tc@piCorePlayer:/mnt/LMSFiles/slimserver/Cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/arm-linux$ ./spotty
-sh: ./spotty: not found

mherger
2018-12-31, 09:55
> How do I execute them>?

Just copy/paste the full paths to the binaries as found in your log file
(and re-posted in my previous message) in a shell and hit enter. That
would execute them. Or, if you've navigated to the folder, type
"./spotty" etc. to tell it to run it from the current folder.

And while you're in that folder: what would "ls -l" tell you about those
files?

--

Michael

Linty
2018-12-31, 10:37
Michael
Probably a really stupid question but how do I clear the search history within the Spotty app?
It is full of mis-spelt names and would like to clear them up.
Thanks

kidstypike
2018-12-31, 11:15
Michael
Probably a really stupid question but how do I clear the search history within the Spotty app?
It is full of mis-spelt names and would like to clear them up.
Thanks

Slimserver > prefs > plugin > spotty.prefs

Edit with a text editor (below the line "spotify_recent_search:") save, restart LMS.

Linty
2018-12-31, 11:48
Slimserver > prefs > plugin > spotty.prefs

Edit with a text editor (below the line "spotify_recent_search:") save, restart LMS.

Perfect Kidstypike - thanks for the link as I would never have found that.
Appreciate the quick response.
Cheers & Happy New Year.

dwc
2018-12-31, 19:08
Just wanted to share my personal setup experience. My wife finally talked me into spotify premium last night, so today I went to see if I could play spotify on the squeezebox, and found my way here.

My setup is a bunch of outdated dusty crap. I run slimserver off of obsolete, broken laptops in the basement.

- windows 7 professional N . (not very updated)
- LMS 7.9.0

I hit two snags on enabling spotty (2.6) on my old system:

[1] missing "vcruntime140.dll"
Resolved by installing MS Visual C++ 2015 runtime (as noted back on the 1.1.0 announce post (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107615-Announce-Spotty-v1-1-0))

[2] missing "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll"
Resolved by installing the specific MS KB 2999226 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226) needed.

These two dependencies have me up and running. Hope this might help someone else.

Questions for anyone:

[1]is direct play now supported on Windows? (i.e open spotify on my phone, then direct it to play on a squeezebox) I will test this.

[2] When playing, I'm seeing this in terms of the stream: "705kbps CBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted to FLAC)"
...is this optimal or should I use a different converter?

Thanks to MHERGER and Happy New Year!

DeadOldMan
2019-01-02, 07:42
Hi Michal ,

at first i want to thank you for the great work with this plugin.

I am using Plugin V 2.6.6 on LMS 7.9 running on a bananpi with ubuntu 16.04.
Also i have 2 players running latest PiCorePlayer.

For my family i have a Spottify family account and actually 2 accounts are configured in the plugin.

Is it correct, that i need to add every account to the plugin also when i only want to use Spottify Connect?

Is it correct, that an account is linked to a player, so that i am forced to switch the account for the player before i can connect via Spottify App?

Or is there any way to use spottify connect without setup and switch accounts in the plugin?

Regards Tomas

riker1@gmx.net
2019-01-02, 10:21
Hi
I am running lms Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1545144292 @ Tue Dec 18 16:18:25 CET 2018
but can not see spotty plugin?

having an old lms runnign with 7.9.1 there I can see spotty plugin!!

what am I doing wrong?

Tanks T

mherger
2019-01-02, 11:55
> Question for anyone: is direct play now supported on Windows? (i.e open
> spotify on my phone, then direct it to play on a squeezebox)

Yes, Spotify Connect is as well supported on Windows as on other platforms.

As for the format: there's a trade-off between bandwidth and CPU usage.
Streaming PCM would put less processing on the server, but roughly use
twice the bandwidth. FLAC uses less bandwidth, but requires processing
on the server. Alas, as FLAC encoding is pretty fast, this is the
default on most platforms. Even a Raspberry Pi can easily handle it.

--

Michael

mherger
2019-01-02, 11:58
Is it correct, that i need to add every account to the plugin also when i only want to use Spottify Connect?

Is it correct, that an account is linked to a player, so that i am forced to switch the account for the player before i can connect via Spottify App?

Or is there any way to use spottify connect without setup and switch accounts in the plugin?

All these three questions boil down to the same one question: can I stream to a Connect endpoint not configured for myself?

The answer is: it depends...

If the spotty helper app is able to announce itself in the network, this should work without switching accounts etc. But if it isn't able to broadcast its announcements, then you'd see what you're seeing. Most likely you're running avahi or some other service conflicting with Spotty.

mherger
2019-01-02, 11:59
I am running lms Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1545144292 @ Tue Dec 18 16:18:25 CET 2018
but can not see spotty plugin?

having an old lms runnign with 7.9.1 there I can see spotty plugin!!

What do you mean by "cannot see"? It's not in the plugin list? You can't see it on the devices when it's installed and configured? You cannot see it in your Spotify app?

riker1@gmx.net
2019-01-02, 23:37
What do you mean by "cannot see"? It's not in the plugin list? You can't see it on the devices when it's installed and configured? You cannot see it in your Spotify app?

Hi, I did refer to spottiy lugin.
strangwise plugin is not available as spotty but when I use spotify still spotty, - follow the login and device enabling procedure, it is available.

Maybe I did not realize the "spotify still spotty plugin" is spotty 2.6....

maybe you can rename the plugin that the version is visible and spotty name earlier

thanks for your response

slartibartfast
2019-01-03, 00:15
Hi, I did refer to spottiy lugin.
strangwise plugin is not available as spotty but when I use spotify still spotty, - follow the login and device enabling procedure, it is available.

Maybe I did not realize the "spotify still spotty plugin" is spotty 2.6....

maybe you can rename the plugin that the version is visible and spotty name earlier

thanks for your responseIn my plugin list it is called Spotty.

DeadOldMan
2019-01-03, 05:34
All these three questions boil down to the same one question: can I stream to a Connect endpoint not configured for myself?

The answer is: it depends...

If the spotty helper app is able to announce itself in the network, this should work without switching accounts etc. But if it isn't able to broadcast its announcements, then you'd see what you're seeing. Most likely you're running avahi or some other service conflicting with Spotty.

Okay, i checked the server an the clients, no avahi is installed or running.

Then i remove all created accounts ( i had to create them manually with username + password).
After that i restarted LMS and tried to connect from Spottify App with the Spotify Plugin as described in the Plugin page.

I can not see the "Spotty Authentication", so i am not able to connect to the Plugin.

Attached you will find the server log (with spotty loglevel "DEBUG").