PDA

View Full Version : Missing meta data after transcode / download music files to my phone

andifor
2018-09-29, 05:13
Hi

All my music on my server is in FLAC format. Some of the files, I'd like to have on my phone as well and I download them with Squeeze Commander. I use some transcoding / downloading function, so the files end up on my phone in MP3 format. This works nicely, but the meta data (artists, albums, etc) is missing.

I don't know, whether this is something to address on the server side, as I think the transcoding is done there. Does anybody know a solution?

It might well be, that the transcoding is done for streaming and the meta data is not needed for this.

Thanks for any help, andifor

squeezebox_Fan
2018-10-15, 00:40
You can use this solution:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108105-flac2mp3-with-ffmpeg-and-metatags&p=896614&viewfull=1#post896614

Greetings

andifor
2018-11-01, 00:02
You can use this solution:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108105-flac2mp3-with-ffmpeg-and-metatags&p=896614&viewfull=1#post896614

Greetings

Well, thanks for the reply. But can I somehow integrate this on my server, so the download calls use this automatically? I have no clue about the architecture of LMS / Squeezebox server :-/

d6jg
2018-11-01, 03:18
Well, thanks for the reply. But can I somehow integrate this on my server, so the download calls use this automatically? I have no clue about the architecture of LMS / Squeezebox server :-/

You don't say how you are Downloading the files - within Squeeze Commander itself ? If so the question needs directing to the author of that software.

andifor
2018-11-04, 08:35
You don't say how you are Downloading the files - within Squeeze Commander itself ? If so the question needs directing to the author of that software.

Well, I wrote: "... and I download them with Squeeze Commander." So yes, I hit the download command in Squeeze Commander. And Squeeze Commander is abandoned since a couple of years. If some alternative Android App does the trick, I'm happy to use it (at least for the download task, probably not for the daily operation).