View Full Version : Multi CD Ripping?

Paden
2018-09-23, 07:30
Hey all
I've got a 2 CD set which consists of three parts:
Film Score Presentation
Original Soundtrack Album
Additional Music
Typically I would rip a 2 CD set into the same directory, with track numbers running consecutively to the end, thus appearing as one long album.
Is there a way to rip it so it appears as one album in the album list but would then present the three afore mentioned discs when selected?

Cheers, Paul

garym
2018-09-23, 07:41
Use same album name but have DISC tag, 1, 2, 3. And in LMS settings set option to show multidisc albums as single album.

w3wilkes
2018-09-23, 14:23
I believe you would really need to set "Group Discs" to "treat multi-disc sets as multiple albums". However this is a global setting and would apply to all multi-disc sets created with identical album titles using the disc 1, 2, 3, etc technique. Your method of numbering tracks as 1 through n on multi-disc sets without using the disc number tag should still show as a single album.

garym
2018-09-23, 14:36
I believe you would really need to set "Group Discs" to "treat multi-disc sets as multiple albums". However this is a global setting and would apply to all multi-disc sets created with identical album titles using the disc 1, 2, 3, etc technique. Your method of numbering tracks as 1 through n on multi-disc sets without using the disc number tag should still show as a single album.

Agree. I had it backwards.

Paden
2018-09-23, 15:15
That's terrific info! Thanks!
Excited to give it a go :-)

Cheers, Paul