PDA

View Full Version : Play particular pause tone mp3 between songs in playlist

nickxofficial
2018-09-21, 12:36
Hi there,

I run Logitech Media Server and max2play together in a production envoirement (Theatre) now for around 2 years.

In this theater we run a playlist with music in the breaks of the shows. We want to play a beep or something (mp3 file) when the break is over and the show starts again, so the people come to the hall again.

We would like to play this mp3 so when the playlist runs, that the playlist pauses and the mp3 file plays and then the music from the playlist continues.

Can i do this with LogitechMediaServer or the API or something else like this idea?

Thanks!

DJanGo
2018-09-21, 18:04
Hi
is this a single player or synced players?

in case of a single player (with alsa) you only need to kill the squeezelitesession play that beep with aplayer or whatever other audioplayer max2play deliveres and restart squeezelite again.

in case of synced players you need a little bit more.
playlist preview & play (your beep) & playlist resume

<playerid> playlist preview <taggedParameters>

When called without a cmd param of stop, replace the current playlist with the playlist specified by url, but save the current playlist to tempplaylist_<playerid>.m3u for later retrieval. When called with the cmd param of stop, stops the currently playing playlist and loads (if possible) the previous playlist. Restored playlist jumps to beginning of CURTRACK when present in m3u file, and does not autoplay restored playlist.

Examples:

Request: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist preview url:db:album.titlesearch=A%20FEAST%20OF%20WIRE title:A%20Feast%20Of%20Wire<LF>"
Response: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist preview url:db:album.titlesearch=A%20FEAST%20OF%20WIRE title:A%20Feast%20Of%20Wire<LF>"

Request: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist preview cmd:stop<LF>"
Response: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist preview cmd:stop<LF>"

<playerid> playlist resume <playlist> <taggedParameters>

Replace the current playlist with the playlist specified by p2, starting at the song that was playing when the file was saved. (Resuming works only with M3U files saved with the "playlist save" command below.) Shortcut: use a bare playlist name (without leading directories or trailing .m3u suffix) to load a playlist in the saved playlists folder.

Optional tagged parameters are noplay, which when non-zero will not auto-start the track, and wipePlaylist, which will destroy the saved playlist from both the filesystem and from the DB (these tagged params are typically used for resuming a temporarily cached playlist, e.g. after exiting alarm sound preview on squeezeplay devices).

Examples:

Request: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist resume abba<LF>"
Response: "04:20:00:12:23:45 playlist resume abba<LF>"

Roland0
2018-09-22, 03:19
We want to play a beep or something (mp3 file) when the break is over and the show starts again, so the people come to the hall again.
We would like to play this mp3 so when the playlist runs, that the playlist pauses and the mp3 file plays and then the music from the playlist continues.
Can i do this with LogitechMediaServer or the API or something else like this idea?

You could try this plugin (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109096-Announce-LMS-Announce-play-announcements-notifications).

nickxofficial
2018-09-22, 04:35
Hi
is this a single player or synced players?

in case of a single player (with alsa) you only need to kill the squeezelitesession play that beep with apl....

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I will give this a try.

I found a solution to make a script that I can launch using a shortcut from the desktop to login to the LMS server.

nickxofficial
2018-09-22, 04:37
You could try this plugin (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109096-Announce-LMS-Announce-play-announcements-notifications).

Awesome plugin Roland. I will be using multiple players for the rooms in the theatre. In the documentation of the plugin it says it isn't tested for multiple players, but I will test this. Thanks!