PDA

View Full Version : How do I display the VU Meter from a Headless Rpi on a Display Rpi

Sedim
2018-08-31, 19:54
So I am controlling an Headless Rpi player with a Digione board from another Display Rpi with a 7" display. I installed Jivelite on the Display Rpi. I can see the VU meter when controlling the display Rpi (With Squeezelite enabled on Analogue Audio). I also installed Jivelite (and Squeezelite) on my headless Rpi, however I cannot display the VU meter on my Display Rpi when playing my Headless Rpi from the Display Rpi. How do I make this work?

Rpi 3 B+
piCorePlayer 3.5.0

Greg Erskine
2018-08-31, 22:41
hi Sedim,

The VUmeters only display the stream that is playing through the local RPi. So if you want the VU meters for a remote RPi you need to sync them via LMS. So effectively one stream plays through an amp and the other streams to the VU meters.

regards
Greg

Sedim
2018-09-01, 08:40
hi Sedim,

The VUmeters only display the stream that is playing through the local RPi. So if you want the VU meters for a remote RPi you need to sync them via LMS. So effectively one stream plays through an amp and the other streams to the VU meters.

regards
Greg

Yes that works. Thank you Greg.

best,
Sedim