PDA

View Full Version : Respect

DJanGo
2018-08-17, 11:58
Matt, what the hell is he talking about?

Don't get roused sugar.

Don't you "Don't get roused sugar" me!
Now you not going back on the road no more, and you ain't playing no more two bit sleazy dives.
You're living with me now, and you're not gonna go sliding around with you old white hoodlum friends.

But babe, this is Jake and Elwood.
The Blues Brothers.

RIP Aretha Franklin :(

Jeff07971
2018-08-17, 13:29
Rip

iPhone
2018-08-20, 07:29
The next Generation isn't going to be left with anybody:

The King, Elvis RIP August 16, 1977

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson RIP June 25, 2009

The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin RIP August 16, 2018

There are only two remaining Beatles, the Rolling Stones are all over 70, and there aren't any current bands that even remotely look like they will last more then 15 years even if they were to play 10 years past their heyday!

RonM
2018-08-21, 15:51
The next Generation isn't going to be left with anybody:

The King, Elvis RIP August 16, 1977

The King of Pop, Michael Jackson RIP June 25, 2009

The Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin RIP August 16, 2018

There are only two remaining Beatles, the Rolling Stones are all over 70, and there aren't any current bands that even remotely look like they will last more then 15 years even if they were to play 10 years past their heyday!

Yes, time does roll on.

I expect that the music community might have despaired as Bach's generation of composers passed on -- Scarlatti, Pachelbel, Corelli, Purcell, Vivaldi, Handel, Bach himself,and so on. They couldn't have known that Mozart, Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert and Rossini were just around the corner, to be followed by the likes of Debussy, Stravinsky, Bartok, Gershwin, Villa Lobos and Reich (among many others).

I think we can rely on the musical side of the human race to come through for the future, even as we lose the irreplaceable Aretha.

R.