PDA

View Full Version : SB2 showing 3 different MAC addresses

EEYORE
2018-08-17, 11:11
I have 2 SB2s installed that I have been using for many years. Recently I changed ISPs, and email addresses, and have had problems. I was able to correct 2 problems but have discovered another. One of my SB2s shows 3 different MAC addresses; 1 on the SB2, 1 on the LMS Information tab and 1 on the mysqueezebox.com website. Also, when I look at the server.prefs I find the LMS and mysqueezebox.com MAC addresses listed along with the MAC address for my other SB2. Both SB2s seem to be working properly but I use them mainly to listen to streaming radio stations from around the world. Any suggestions as to what should be done to fix the problem? Or is this a case for mherger since it involves MAC addresses?

Mnyb
2018-08-17, 21:37
If you hold the left arrow and go into the firmware menu can you find and adjust the Mac id there ?
Or a factory reset ? Or a xilink reset ?

The player should have the Mac thats on the sticker on the player.

Itís sometimes happen on SB2/3 that they lose their Mac .

When the player has its correct Mac again revise your other problems ,I think some of them would resolve after this.

Squeezebox2, Squeezebox v3, Squeezebox Boom & Transporter have the following factory IR traps at boot time:
ADD - Factory reset
1 - Program Xilinx
2 - Factory test mode
3 - Audio sine test

EEYORE
2018-08-17, 22:14
I have tried the factory and xilinx reset with no luck. What is the left arrow and firmware menu that you mentioned? Where do I do this? In the SB2, LMS or elsewhere? And, besides the MAC on the SB2 itself, I have the two additional MAC addresses shown in LMS and mysqueezebox.com.

I do not have any problems with the SB2 beyond the odd MAC addresses. The SB2 works fine for what I use it for; I primarily use it to stream radio stations using Tunein.

Thanks,

EEYORE

mherger
2018-08-17, 22:38
> I have tried the factory and xilinx reset with no luck. What is the left
> arrow and firmware menu that you mentioned? Where do I do this? In the
> SB2, LMS or elsewhere?

Press the LEFT arrow on the SB2 IR remote control.

> And, besides the MAC on the SB2 itself, I have
> the two additional MAC addresses shown in LMS and mysqueezebox.com.

Those would show what the device is reporting to them. Start by making
sure that it does report what is printed on the sticker by following
mnyb's instructions.

--

Michael

EEYORE
2018-08-17, 23:17
I had tried pressing the left arrow on the remote but it did not work until I held down the left arrow until it finally took me into the settings menu. Since I had never been in the setting menu on the SB2 it was an interesting time finding the MAC address; it took me a minute to realize that I had to go down in the menu rather than just going right. I found the MAC address and changed it to agree with the sticker on the SB2. The correct MAC address now shows up in LMS. But the MAC address on the mysqueezebox.com website is still incorrect. And it is odd since it looks like an ip address since it has 4 three digit numbers rather than 6 two digit characters. Is there a way to change the mysqueezebox.com MAC address to agree with the SB2 MAC address? And should I worry that the server.prefs file shows the correct and the old MAC addresses for the SB2 in _client lines in the file?

Thanks,

EEYORE

Mnyb
2018-08-17, 23:30
Itís actually good that server prefs has the old cor ct Mac , I would get rid of dupes with the wrong Mac if they exists .

Server idís the player by the Mac so current playlists and history etc and apps and screens and more is tied to the Mac .

Would mysb com update if you wait a couple of hours ? Or just conect directly to mysqueezebox.com ?
It would be interesting to se what happpens then .

Are the mysqueezebo.com integration activated in LMS ? This synchronise the settings between servers

EEYORE
2018-08-17, 23:53
Mnyb,

How do I get rid of the wrong MAC in the server.prefs file? Just delete the line with the old MAC or do I need to delete additional lines?

I may have made the mistake of not waiting long enough for mysqueezebox.com to update. I went into it and deleted the SB2 with the bad MAC. So far the deletion has not affected the SB2 since I was able to turn it on and switch to mysqueezebox.com. I have restarted the SB2 and LMS but mysqueezebox.com has not added the deleted SB2 yet. I will wait and see. Oh for the days when mysqueezebox.com allowed manual addition of Squeezeboxes.

What do you mean by mysqueezebox.com integration in LMS? The only synchronization that I have seen in LMS is for synchronizing multiple Squeezeboxes. I do not sychronize my SB2s.

Thanks,

EEYORE

kidstypike
2018-08-18, 00:06
Mnyb,

What do you mean by mysqueezebox.com integration in LMS? The only synchronization that I have seen in LMS is for synchronizing multiple Squeezeboxes. I do not sychronize my SB2s.

Thanks,

EEYORE

LMS > settings > mysqueezebox'com . .

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 00:14
kidstypike,

I never noticed, or paid attention to, that setting. It is already set to sync. So I hope that it will help mysqueezebox.com find the SB2 that I deleted.

Thanks for the reply,

EEYORE

kidstypike
2018-08-18, 00:24
kidstypike,

I never noticed, or paid attention to, that setting. It is already set to sync. So I hope that it will help mysqueezebox.com find the SB2 that I deleted.

Thanks for the reply,

EEYORE

Just press and hold the left arrow on your deleted SB2's remote, scroll to "connect to mysqueezebox.com" surely?

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 00:42
kidstypike,

I used the mysqueezebox.com selection in the main menu that comes up when I turn on the SB2 and tuned it to one of the many radio stations that I listen to; that was about an hour ago. So far the myqueezebox.com has not added the deleted SB2 back.

EEYORE

kidstypike
2018-08-18, 00:53
kidstypike,

I used the mysqueezebox.com selection in the main menu that comes up when I turn on the SB2 and tuned it to one of the many radio stations that I listen to; that was about an hour ago. So far the myqueezebox.com has not added the deleted SB2 back.

EEYORE

If it were me, I'd relax and enjoy the music :)

I don't use mysqueezebox.com ever, so I can't help further.

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 01:00
kidstypike,

I rarely use mysqueezebox.com myself but I know it is important for LMS. And I am somewhat anal about things and need to have them as they should be. I will wait and see what happens. Maybe someone else has other ideas on how to get mysqueezebox.com to recognize the SB2. As I said earlier I sure wish mysqueezebox.com allowed manual additions of SBs like they used to.

Thanks for the help,

EEYORE

kidstypike
2018-08-18, 01:24
kidstypike,

I rarely use mysqueezebox.com myself but I know it is important for LMS. And I am somewhat anal about things and need to have them as they should be. I will wait and see what happens. Maybe someone else has other ideas on how to get mysqueezebox.com to recognize the SB2. As I said earlier I sure wish mysqueezebox.com allowed manual additions of SBs like they used to.

Thanks for the help,

EEYORE

You only need mysb.com if you use music services that need authentication, I don't use any of these services.

I run LMS without mysb.com, (--nomysqueezebox.com), note the absence of the mysb.com tab.

Good luck!

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 01:33
kidstypike,

I think that mysb.com is necessary for Tunein which is what I use to get my streaming radio stations from around the world.

Just curious but where does the (--nomysqueezebox.com) go if I ever did want to eliminate mysb.com and the tab?

Thanks,

EEYORE

kidstypike
2018-08-18, 02:10
kidstypike,

I think that mysb.com is necessary for Tunein which is what I use to get my streaming radio stations from around the world.

Just curious but where does the (--nomysqueezebox.com) go if I ever did want to eliminate mysb.com and the tab?

Thanks,

EEYORE

Radio stations are no problem, pic below.

Long thread about "--nomysqueezebox.com" here:https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103210-nomysqueezebox-disable-all-mysb-comintegration-in-LMS-7-9&highlight=--nomysqueezebox.com

Depends on your OS, with piCorePlayer on a RPI it's dead easy, you just click a button :)

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 02:29
kidstypike,

Luckily I do not plan on doing the no mysqueezebox.com thing because what mherger said in the link that you gave is Greek to me. I do not understand most of what he said and could not follow what he said.

Mysqueezebox.com still has not found the deleted SB2 so I might have to contact mherger. Earlier I found that he had sent me a PM a few days ago concerning another problem that I was having with my other SB2; it was not being identified and he had me send the MAC address to him and he fixed it. But he also sent a PM concerning me having more than one account that he did not know about. My account settings did not include notification of PMs so I just happened upon the PM. I sent a reply asking about the multiple accounts that I know nothing about. He has not replied. But I am now wondering if the possible multiple accounts are the reason for mysqueezebox.com not showing the SB2 that I have deleted. I might have to contact him again although I really do not want to bother him again.

Thanks again for all of the information,

EEYORE

mherger
2018-08-18, 02:40
> I think that mysb.com is necessary for Tunein which is what I use to get
> my streaming radio stations from around the world.

With LMS 7.9 you can use TuneIn without mysb.com. As long as you're
connected to LMS you should be fine, no matter what. And the player
should eventually show up on mysb.com, too.

> Just curious but where does the (--nomysqueezebox.com) go if I ever did
> want to eliminate mysb.com and the tab?

It depends on the operating system, and the change comes with various
levels of difficulty. Windows wouldn't be the easiest... But fiddling
with it will not solve your problems. So just don't touch this.

--

Michael

EEYORE
2018-08-18, 04:17
mherger,

It is good to hear that TuneIn will work without mysb.com. I, and many others, have
wondered what will happen when Logitech stops mysb.com.

I do use Windows 7 on all of my computers. But I did just receive an old Asus TF700T
tablet with Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) on it. I am currently learning how to root it and
install a custom rom, Android 7 (Nougat), into it.

I really do not have any problems with my SBs. They are working as they have always
worked. My problem is that it bothers me that mysb.com does not see the SB2 that
I deleted.

A couple of months ago I changed ISPs and email addresses. At that time I was having a
problem with my other SB2 and mysb.com and it was suggested that maybe there was still
an account under the old email/password. I tried the old email/password but they were
not recognized by mysb.com. I contacted you concerning that problem and you fixed it
But then yesterday, when looking in this forum, I found a PM from you indicating that
I might have multiple accounts. Evidently my profile settings do not send a notification
when I receive PMs but do send emails to let me know that a message has been added
to a thread. I PMed you concerning your PM but did not hear back. Do you know if I have
multiple mysb.com accounts and is this why the deleted SB2 is not showing in the account
that I know about and use?

Thanks,

EEYORE

mherger
2018-08-19, 05:05
EEYORE - I must admit I've lost track of what you want. Your postings
are rather confusing.

--

Michael

EEYORE
2018-08-19, 10:27
Sir,

The only thing that I am still wanting is to get my second SB2 to show up on the mysb.com website. Since I changed it to the MAC address shown on the label and then deleted it (when it still showed the incorrect MAC) it has not shown up again in mysb.com.

Thanks,

Richard

mherger
2018-08-19, 22:14
> The only thing that I am still wanting is to get my second SB2 to show
> up on the mysb.com website. Since I changed it to the MAC address shown
> on the label and then deleted it (when it still showed the incorrect
> MAC) it has not shown up again in mysb.com.

Feel free to PM me the correct MAC address and I can look into this.

--

Michael

EEYORE
2018-08-19, 22:24
Mr. Herger,

It is on it's way.

Thanks,

EEYORE