PDA

View Full Version : Radio with battery: standby mode possible?

ModelCitizen
2018-08-15, 03:12
Hi,

I've recently moved my radio to the bathroom and now use the battery rather than the mains.
I find I am using it less than expected as I have to boot it up each time I want to listen to the radio and this takes too much time.

Is there some way I can stop it powering down and ensure it stays in a low power standby mode?

I am aware that this will drain the battery faster but can't see that it should need recharging more than once a week (the battery is brand new), and that's fine.

Thanks.

slartibartfast
2018-08-15, 03:29
Hi,

I've recently moved my radio to the bathroom and now use the battery rather than the mains.
I find I am using it less than expected as I have to boot it up each time I want to listen to the radio and this takes too much time.

Is there some way I can stop it powering down and ensure it stays in a low power standby mode?

I am aware that this will drain the battery faster but can't see that it should need recharging more than once a week (the battery is brand new), and that's fine.

Thanks.

As far as I know there is no way to have it on 24/7. You could leave it on charge and take it into the bathroom when required.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ModelCitizen
2018-08-15, 08:24
Thanks for the reply.

That's shame. Leaving it lying around charging and carrying to the bathroom twice a day is not my idea of convenient sadly.

I wonder if it it might be a relatively simple job to edit the shut down code out.... (as if I'd have an idea where to find it and what to do if I did!)

slartibartfast
2018-08-15, 08:44
Thanks for the reply.

That's shame. Leaving it lying around charging and carrying to the bathroom twice a day is not my idea of convenient sadly.

I wonder if it it might be a relatively simple job to edit the shut down code out.... (as if I'd have an idea where to find it and what to do if I did!)I just leave mine in the bathroom and tolerate the 50 seconds starting time.

Mnyb
2018-08-18, 02:50
I have an outlet in the bathroom and keeps it in the charger , yes I too thinks the radio is perfect in the bathroom :)

slartibartfast
2018-08-18, 03:11
I have an outlet in the bathroom and keeps it in the charger , yes I too thinks the radio is perfect in the bathroom :)Outlets in the bathroom are not allowed in the UK.

DJanGo
2018-08-18, 04:19
Outlets in the bathroom are not allowed in the UK.

Nope.

Sockets are not allowed in bathrooms or shower rooms (apart from shaver-supply units) unless they can be fitted at least three metres from the bath or shower.
source (https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guides-and-advice/around-the-home/bathroom-safety/)

slartibartfast
2018-08-18, 05:35
Our bathroom isn't big enough to allow that. [emoji3]
Nope.

source (https://www.electricalsafetyfirst.org.uk/guides-and-advice/around-the-home/bathroom-safety/)

Mnyb
2018-08-18, 12:19
Similar rules in Sweden my outlet is high up and away from the shower .
And your elactrical,installation has to be fitted with and earth fault breaker , otherwise,you only get this 110v shaver transformer..