• Show
Clear All
  • EEYORE
    • Jul 2018

Blank screen when turned off

> button until the update finished and the asterisk went out. I have also
    > tried the default Date and Time screensaver and it does show up. If I
    > switch to mysqueezebox.com I also get the default screensaver. When I

So it's not a "blank screen when turned off", but "SDT fails to show"?

You better change the subject and ask people familiar with that plugin
    for help. It might be a configuration problem specific to it.

--

Michael
  • EEYORE
    • Jul 2018

I use two Squeezebox 2s with LMS on Windows 7; I am currently using the latest nightly 7.9. I recently had a problem with getting into the Web Control but that problem was fixed when I reinstalled Firefox. But I am now having another problem with the SB2s. Both will turn on and work normally. However when both are turned off one shows the assigned SuperDateTime screensaver but the other is blank; when the "blank" SB2 is turned on all of the screens work normally. I have checked the display settings for both units in the LMS settings area and, as far as I can tell, they are identical. I have also tried installing other LMS versions over the existing installation which did not help. Any suggestions other than reinstalling LMS from scratch?

EEYORE

Comment

• JJZolx
      • Apr 2005

You say you've checked the display settings. Have you also checked the screensaver settings, which are on the Basic Settings page in the web interface?

Comment

• EEYORE
        • Jul 2018

In the Web Control the SuperDateTime settings are not in the Basic setting tab. They are in the Player and Advanced tabs. The Player tab is broken into, on my setup, two different settings page which is one for each player. As far as I can see both of the SuperDateTime settings are the same. The Advanced tab only offers a single setting page. One thing that I have discovered is that if I change the designated screensaver to the default(?) DateTime screensaver it works and show up on the screen of the "blank" unit when turned off. It seems to be SuperDateTime that is causing a problem. My next move is to replace the existing SuperDateTime. I will let you know if it helps.

Thanks,

EEYORE

Comment

• EEYORE
          • Jul 2018

I tried reinstalling SDT with no luck. But I found two more things. I can change the second SB back and forth between SDT and DateTime while the "Blank" SB is not affected when I change the screensaver. But I have found that, if I start the "Blank" SB, go into mysqueezebox.com and then back into LMS, the DateTime screensaver will appear on the display even though SDT is selected in the settings. This is good but I am somewhat anal and it bothers me when I cannot get things to work as they should. But I might have to bite the bullet and uninstall/reinstall LMS!

Thanks,

EEYORE

Comment

• EEYORE
            • Jul 2018

The blank screen saga continues. Another thing that I found is that if I stop LMS the "Blank" unit screen stays blank but the second unit shows an error message on the screen indicating that the server cannot be found. So it does not look as though SDT is the problem but has something to do with the screen when the "Blank" SB is turned off.

EEYORE

Comment

• EEYORE
              • Jul 2018

Perhaps another link to my problem. About 2 months ago I changed ISPs and email addresses. I had gone into mysqueezebox.com and changed the email address there and then changed it in LMS. I had not checked on the SBs shown at the mysqueezebox.com until today and found that only one of my SB2s is shown; it is the SB2 that does not have the screensaver problem. But the SB2 with the blank screen problem does not show up at the mysqueezebox.com website even though I can access mysqueezebox.com on it. I have sent an email to mysqeezebox.com support to see if they can help correct the problem. I am hoping that if they can correct the problem then it might fix my screen problem. One can only hope.

EEYORE

Comment

• karlek
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by EEYORE
                Perhaps another link to my problem. About 2 months ago I changed ISPs and email addresses. I had gone into mysqueezebox.com and changed the email address there and then changed it in LMS. I had not checked on the SBs shown at the mysqueezebox.com until today and found that only one of my SB2s is shown; it is the SB2 that does not have the screensaver problem. But the SB2 with the blank screen problem does not show up at the mysqueezebox.com website even though I can access mysqueezebox.com on it. I have sent an email to mysqeezebox.com support to see if they can help correct the problem. I am hoping that if they can correct the problem then it might fix my screen problem. One can only hope.

EEYORE
                You could login into your old mysbc account, see if you find that „blank“ SB there and delete it.

Comment

• EEYORE
                  • Jul 2018

karlek,

Sorry for the slow reply but I could not log in and had to contact the administrator to get on.

I do not know why I did not think of using my old email. Perhaps it is because I am an old geezer with memory problems. But that solution does not help. At first, with my poor memory, I tried to guess which email/password I was using before the switch of ISPs. No luck so I finally looked at one of my old backup files. One of my guesses had been correct but does not work. So I am back to waiting for Logitech support to fix my problem and email me.

Thanks for the suggestion,

EEYORE

Comment

• karlek
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by EEYORE
                    So I am back to waiting for Logitech support to fix my problem and email me.

Thanks for the suggestion,

EEYORE
                    You’re welcome. Maybe it would be faster to PM @mherger your old mysbc-email and the SB‘s MAC-address and ask him to remove that SB from your old account.

Comment

• EEYORE
                      • Jul 2018

karlek,

I hate to bother mherger but I might do that later tonight if I do not hear from Logitech. And I do not think that I will hear from Logitech since they really do support LMS and SBs minimally.

Thanks again,

EEYORE

Comment

• mherger
                        Babelfish's Best Boy
                        • Apr 2005

> I hate to bother mherger but I might do that later tonight if I do not
                        > hear from Logitech. And I do not think that I will hear from Logitech
                        > since they really do support LMS and SBs minimally.

No worries: I'm the Logitech guy who eventually would have to deal with
                        support requests anyway...

--

Michael
                        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
                        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• EEYORE
                          • Jul 2018

Sir,

Thank you for the reply. Earlier I sent the SB2 information via PM to you. Since I have never sent one before I do not know if you received it.

Thanks again,

EEYORE

Comment

• EEYORE
                            • Jul 2018

Sir,

I guess that I should have checked mysqueezebox.com before I left my last message. I checked and my second SB2 now shows up! However it did not correct the blank screen problem. I am now to the point of uninstalling/installing LMS which is something I was avoiding.

Thank you for all of your help,

EEYORE

Comment

• alfista
                              • Aug 2009

Just a thought, a cursory glance at the thread I only found stuff regarding the screensaver. Check the brightness setting for the blank SB too, maybe it's set to "off" or whatever the lowest setting is.

Comment

Working...