PDA

View Full Version : Headphone jack

DrGaryG
2018-08-01, 05:02
The headphone jack on my Squeezebox radio no longer cuts out the internal speakers. Logitech no loner makes these radios and cannot provide any parts. Can anyone here suggest how I might get this repaired. I'd like to avoid buying a new radio from C Crane...$120!

bpa
2018-08-01, 06:17
The headphone jack on my Squeezebox radio no longer cuts out the internal speakers. Logitech no loner makes these radios and cannot provide any parts. Can anyone here suggest how I might get this repaired. I'd like to avoid buying a new radio from C Crane...$120!

IIRC this is not a mechanical switch but electrical detection of headphone presence which then trigger s/w to route audio. Detection can be affect by some headphones with "wrong" chacteristics and/or grease on connector. Check by looking at Setting/Advanced/Factory Test/Audio Routing and plug in/out headphone

DrGaryG
2018-08-01, 09:40
IIRC this is not a mechanical switch but electrical detection of headphone presence which then trigger s/w to route audio. Detection can be affect by some headphones with "wrong" chacteristics and/or grease on connector. Check by looking at Setting/Advanced/Factory Test/Audio Routing and plug in/out headphone

Nope...didn't work. The connection seems to be loose...moves around in the socket.

bpa
2018-08-01, 10:10
Nope...didn't work. The connection seems to be loose...moves around in the socket.

I'd open it up to get sight of the socket. Start with removing the loudspeaker screen - it is a push fit. That will expose two screws - see this link for photos
http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.com/2015/07/fixing-logitech-squeezebox-radio-white.html

DrGaryG
2018-08-01, 10:32
I'd open it up to get sight of the socket. Start with removing the loudspeaker screen - it is a push fit. That will expose two screws - see this link for photos
http://squeezeboxman.blogspot.com/2015/07/fixing-logitech-squeezebox-radio-white.html

Thanks...too much for my elderly skills but I'm taking this to a local repair shop with your instructions.

bpa
2018-08-01, 11:28
Thanks...too much for my elderly skills but I'm taking this to a local repair shop with your instructions.

The socket is on a small board so with the instruction, there is a good chance of being able to test the socket and if necessary replace it.

DrGaryG
2018-08-02, 05:37
The socket is on a small board so with the instruction, there is a good chance of being able to test the socket and if necessary replace it.

Ill let you know next week if this is successful. Thanks

DrGaryG
2018-08-14, 14:18
Sucessfully repaired...thanks for the help!