PDA

View Full Version : controller app for amazon fire hd 8

adamdea
2018-07-18, 04:56
I just bought one of these beasts on prime day. Can I run it as a controller for LMS, and if so what is the best option (Orange squeeze? Squeezer? something else?)

Apesbrain
2018-07-18, 06:38
Yes, it can be used as a controller. There are several "Squeezebox app" options in the Amazon store. Note that in most cases the "controller" is a separate app from the "player" the latter of which will allow your tablet to act as a Squeezebox player. I've enjoyed using Orange Squeeze and SqueezePlayer, but other alternatives are also fine.

adamdea
2018-07-18, 07:31
Yes, it can be used as a controller. There are several "Squeezebox app" options in the Amazon store. Note that in most cases the "controller" is a separate app from the "player" the latter of which will allow your tablet to act as a Squeezebox player. I've enjoyed using Orange Squeeze and SqueezePlayer, but other alternatives are also fine. Thanks- I am looking for a controller not a player
Am I right in thinking orange squeeze is a controller (like squeeze control) but squeezeplayer (like sb player) is a player?
I'm guessing squeezer is a controller too.

Apesbrain
2018-07-18, 10:13
Correct on all counts.