PDA

View Full Version : PiCorePlayer LMS questions

jacobacci
2018-07-13, 22:48
Hi all
I have been using PiCorePlayer in a player role on RP3 for quite a while.
Now I would like to use LMS on the RP3 as well with the following functionalities:
- store music on the microSD card (128Gb, so there should be enough space)
- access the music folder from a Win10 PC (much like I access music on a Synology NAS)
- continue to use the Squeezebox functionality on the RP3, playing out through a hifiberry digi+ optical
- use other Squeezebox Classic devices to play the music on the RP3 via LMS

I am not very fluent in Unix, so the challenge is the second point, accessing the music directory from a Windows 10 PC to manage the music.

I would appreciate some pointers how to do this.
Thanks a lot

edwin2006
2018-07-14, 00:04
If using lms on pi consider to put the pi on some sort of ups to avoid sd corruption in case of power outage.
For accessing the W10 share just follow pcp help, pretty much straight forward.

jacobacci
2018-07-14, 02:15
thanks, edwin2006
I got it working using an USB stick

schiff1108
2018-07-23, 23:52
Hi all
I have been using PiCorePlayer in a player role on RP3 for quite a while.
Now I would like to use LMS on the RP3 as well with the following functionalities:
- store music on the microSD card (128Gb, so there should be enough space)
- access the music folder from a Win10 PC (much like I access music on a Synology NAS)
- continue to use the Squeezebox functionality on the RP3, playing out through a hifiberry digi+ optical
- use other Squeezebox Classic devices to play the music on the RP3 via LMS.I am not very fluent in Unix, so the challenge is the second point, accessing the music directory from a Windows 10 PC to manage the music.

I would appreciate some pointers how to do this.
Thanks a lot

To configure access from W10 to the SD Card you do not need to know much about Linux.
It's already preconfigured in pCP 3.5.0. Goto Menu LMS in Beta mode and activate Samba Share. Then you are able to set up a network share in W10.

I use an old 2,5 HDD with NFTS to store the music together with this cable:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01E3QSG3Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
No additional power required.

jacobacci
2018-07-23, 23:55
Thanks, Schiff1108
Worked like a breeze, brilliant