PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox Classic not able to retain connection to mysqueezebox.com

LeatherJack
2018-06-27, 02:14
Hi,

Looking for some help to resolve a problem that developed recently on my Squeezebox Classic (Slim Device version).

Don't have a LMS. I connect through mysqueezebox.com
I have 2 duets and a SB radio working fine.

My Classic keeps losing its connection to mysqueezebox.com.
When connection drops it indicates "Can't connect".
Then tries to (repeatedly) indicating each time "Can't find address for mysqueezebox.com".

I can use the remote to get it to reconnect eventually (might take 3 to 5 attempts), but music playback on radio station only lasts between 5 & 15 seconds and then loses connection again. If playing a Deezer track it lasts longer... say 30-60 seconds, then drops connection. Guessing this is due to amount it can cache before connection lost.

I have done a factory reset and set up wi-fi again, but again, loses the connection to mysqueezebox.com.

I have left unplugged overnight but same occurred when tried in morning.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

toby10
2018-06-28, 03:25
Tried it wired? Make sure you select wired in Networking menus. Next step might be to remove WiFi card and try again as wired.
A bad WiFi card can cause wired issues.

bpa
2018-06-28, 03:35
what is the signal quality for player as shown in LMS Web GUI/Settings/Information or when using mysqueezebox.com - press "<" on remote to get into player setup and I think is under the Information menu item.

LeatherJack
2018-06-28, 10:51
Thanks both. Appreciate your help and ideas.
Have used ethernet cable this evening... same problem even with another factory reset (and so definitely not using wireless network connection). 😕

toby10
2018-06-29, 02:53
Have used ethernet cable this evening... same problem even with another factory reset (and so definitely not using wireless network connection). 😕

As suggested, next step is to remove WiFi card inside SB3 which may be causing issues with any network connection, wired or WiFi.

Google that subject and there are numerous articles & articles & pics on just how to do it.

bpa
2018-06-29, 05:33

Did you do Xilinx reset ?

LeatherJack
2018-06-29, 07:40
Thanks all for the continued support here.
I opened the unit today and removed the Wi-fi card - problem remained :-(

Is there more info on the XILINIX reset anywhere? Did a quick google before replying here with latest update and nothing stood out as being SB3 related

bpa
2018-06-29, 07:55
Thanks all for the continued support here.
I opened the unit today and removed the Wi-fi card - problem remained :-(

Is there more info on the XILINIX reset anywhere? Did a quick google before replying here with latest update and nothing stood out as being SB3 related

Reset just reset the paramtertes - Xilinx reset reporgrams some of the "hardware" - sometime odd effects can happen and a Xilinx reset fixes them.

Factory reset is done by holding the IR remote "+" on power up. Xilinx reset is done by holding the "1" instead.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Special_IR_Keys_on_Reboot_for_Factory_Reset_and_La st_FW

LeatherJack
2018-06-29, 08:37
Thanks bpa… done a Xilinx reset - same problem. :-(

Beginning to think the hot weather has just "got to it"!

toby10
2018-06-30, 03:24
Sounds like network issue. Tried rebooting router?

LeatherJack
2018-07-02, 10:32
Hi... yes, router has been recycled. First thing I did. ☺

bpa
2018-07-02, 11:04
Hi... yes, router has been recycled. First thing I did. ☺

Is the player set up to use DHCP ?
If so what is the time between IP renewals ?

What is the "Radio Station Buffer" setting for the player (mysq GUI Player/Network menu ) ?