PDA

View Full Version : Help with adding second RPI Squeezbox Player

sweiss42
2018-06-24, 11:55
Dear Squeeze Community:

I currently have a RPI 3B with a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro card that is also set up as an LMS and has a 512GB SSD attached with SAMBA configured. I burn my CDs from my PC to the SSD as a mapped drive. Everything works great!

I bought a second RPI 3 B and a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro card for my living room. I installed piCorePlayer on it and went into Squeezelite Settings and configured the LMS IP to be the IP address of the other RPI that has LMS running on it.

When I try to use a browser to connect to the Living Room RPI at port 9000 it doesn't connect.

1. What am I missing? I assumed that all I needed was one LMS running and that it would serve one or more squeezebox players

2. Is there a squeezebox player app that I can use on my iPhone to control both systems? I saw a you tube that mentioned Squeezebox but don't see it in the Apple App store. I do see an app called iPeng - any recommendations?

3. Is there a way to not use physical addresses i.e. NOT have to type in 192.168.1.68?

Thank you very much

castalla
2018-06-24, 12:05
Dear Squeeze Community:

When I try to use a browser to connect to the Living Room RPI at port 9000 it doesn't connect.

1. What am I missing? I assumed that all I needed was one LMS running and that it would serve one or more squeezebox players

You need to connect to the LMS on the Pi running LMS! You control all players via LMS.

Paul Webster
2018-06-24, 12:20
Also - with only 1 LMS in a basic home network you should not need to tell the pCP players where LMS is because they should discover it themselves on the network.

kidstypike
2018-06-24, 13:15
Dear Squeeze Community:

I currently have a RPI 3B with a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro card that is also set up as an LMS and has a 512GB SSD attached with SAMBA configured. I burn my CDs from my PC to the SSD as a mapped drive. Everything works great!

I bought a second RPI 3 B and a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro card for my living room. I installed piCorePlayer on it and went into Squeezelite Settings and configured the LMS IP to be the IP address of the other RPI that has LMS running on it.

2. Is there a squeezebox player app that I can use on my iPhone to control both systems? I saw a you tube that mentioned Squeezebox but don't see it in the Apple App store. I do see an app called iPeng - any recommendations?

3. Is there a way to not use physical addresses i.e. NOT have to type in 192.168.1.68?

Thank you very much

1. Correct you only need one LMS running on your network.

2. Everyone rates iPeng.

3. You don't need to type anything in the LMS IP box, leave it blank.

Open LMS in a web browser, top right there's a dropdown box that should list all the squeezeboxes on your network.

kidstypike
2018-06-24, 13:26
To help clarify:

If the IP address of your Living room RPi is say 192.168.1.100, if you type 192.168.1.100 in your browser and press enter, this will open the settings for piCorePlayer.

If you type 192.168.1.100:9000, and press enter, it won't open anything, because this is the address for LMS, which isn't installed on your Living room RPi ?

sweiss42
2018-06-24, 14:27
Thanks , got it working! Soooooooooo happy! Living room playing off the SSD in my office. All files are Flac - very cool.

Just a few more things to work out.

1. Any hints on an App for my iphone to control my living room squeezebox player? Also wondering... I bought the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro board and they are are great company.

Anyone have any experience or know about the Allo DigiOne board vs the HiFiBerry board. Difference in price but am wondering in there is a difference in sound quality.

Thanks!

kidstypike
2018-06-24, 14:36
Thanks , got it working! Soooooooooo happy! Living room playing off the SSD in my office. All files are Flac - very cool.

1. Any hints on an App for my iphone to control my living room squeezebox player? Also wondering... I bought the HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro board and they are are great company.

Anyone have any experience or know about the Allo DigiOne board vs the HiFiBerry board. Difference in price but am wondering in there is a difference in sound quality.

Thanks!

Well done, easy innit? ;)

1. iPeng, iPeng, iPeng, iPeng. :rolleyes:

2. Don't know. Only your ears can give you the answer to that one.

TimT
2018-06-24, 19:06

[snip]

Thanks!

I replaced a HiFi Digi board with an Allo DigiOne. Is there a difference in sound quality? I think so, but I have not done ABX testing. Compared with the cost of most other audio equipment, $100 for the Allo board seemed like a good investment and the concept of isolating the board from the pi's electronics seemed like a sound one. So, I am satisfied with my purchase -- and have a spare player.

Man in a van
2018-06-25, 01:12

1. Any hints on an App for my iphone to control my living room squeezebox player?
Thanks!

I have both iPeng and SqueezePad, I much prefer the latter:)

mherger
2018-06-25, 02:44
>> 1. Any hints on an App for my iphone to control my living room
>> squeezebox player?
>
> I have both iPeng and SqueezePad, I much prefer the latter:)

But not on your iPhone ;-).

--

Michael

Man in a van
2018-06-25, 04:02
:o:o:o:o:o:o http://emoticons.datahamster.com/getmecoat.gif

Ronnie

d6jg
2018-06-25, 08:03

Thanks!

I have both cards. I can't tell the difference.

+1 for iPeng as well