PDA

View Full Version : Will not start on OpenSUSE Leap 15

jarome
2018-05-26, 11:54
The latest nightly will not start on Leap 15.

May 26 14:41:37 jardell systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server...
May 26 14:41:37 jardell systemd[1]: squeezeboxserver.service: Control process exited, code=exited status=1
May 26 14:41:37 jardell systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server.
May 26 14:41:37 jardell systemd[1]: squeezeboxserver.service: Unit entered failed state.
May 26 14:41:37 jardell systemd[1]: squeezeboxserver.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Systemd says that LSB failed.

I downloaded the source code from github and tried compiling it myself, but this failed too:

cd /home/jar/Downloads/squeezeboxserver/slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN/build/lib64/icu/58.2/..; \
rm -f current && ln -s 58.2 current; \
rm -f Makefile.inc && ln -s current/Makefile.inc Makefile.inc; \
rm -f pkgdata.inc && ln -s current/pkgdata.inc pkgdata.inc
/bin/sh ./mkinstalldirs /home/jar/Downloads/squeezeboxserver/slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN/build/share/man/man1
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 config/icu-config.1 /home/jar/Downloads/squeezeboxserver/slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN/build/share/man/man1
./buildme.sh: line 691: cd: build/lib: No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat 'icudt58*.dat': No such file or directory
tar zxf DBD-SQLite-1.34_01.tar.gz
tar (child): DBD-SQLite-1.34_01.tar.gz: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting now
cannot find source code archive DBD-SQLite-1.34_01.tar.gz

Any ideas?

jarome
2018-05-26, 13:41
The lines 690,691 of buildme.sh need to be changed as follows:

# Symlink static versions of libraries (changed to lib64)
cd build/lib64
but now I get stuck at

cc -c -I. -I/home/jar/Downloads/squeezeboxserver/slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN/build/5.26/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI -I../build/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -DVERSION=\"1.34_01\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.34_01\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE" -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA -DSQLITE_ENABLE_ICU -DNDEBUG=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 dbdimp.c
cc -c -I. -I/home/jar/Downloads/squeezeboxserver/slimserver-vendor-public-7.9/CPAN/build/5.26/lib/perl5/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/DBI -I../build/include -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPERL_USE_SAFE_PUTENV -fwrapv -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -fstack-protector-strong -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -DVERSION=\"1.34_01\" -DXS_VERSION=\"1.34_01\" -fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.26.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/CORE" -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3 -DSQLITE_ENABLE_FTS3_PARENTHESIS -DSQLITE_ENABLE_RTREE -DSQLITE_ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA -DSQLITE_ENABLE_ICU -DNDEBUG=1 -DHAVE_USLEEP=1 sqlite3.c
make: *** No rule to make target '../build/lib/libicuuc.a', needed by 'blib/arch/auto/DBD/SQLite/SQLite.so'. Stop.
make test failed, aborting

The way to do this is to make a symbolic link from build/lib64 to build/lib. Then it builds. But where is squeezeboxserver, and where do I install it in the system?

jarome
2018-05-27, 10:22
/etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver now contains

elif [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ] ; then
But the install process fails to make this file.
I did

touch etc/SuSE-release
and it started.

sare
2018-06-03, 11:14
/etc/init.d/squeezeboxserver now contains

elif [ -f /etc/SuSE-release ] ; then
But the install process fails to make this file.
I did

touch etc/SuSE-release
and it started.

Jarome: Can you please provide some guidance on the steps you took to install the logitech mediaserver in Leap 15.0?

Do you use Yast to install or do you download it? I am a longtime gentoo user and I just transitioned to Leap 15.0 today.

Thanks!

jarome
2018-06-03, 13:23
Download the rpm: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.9/sc/2c1e5440bd00d5bcfa24f6b998c34f75550b76a1/logitechmediaserver-7.9.2-0.1.1527861596.noarch.rpm

Install the rpm as root: rpm -ivh logitechmediaserver-7.9.2-0.1.1527861596.noarch.rpm

As root: touch etc/SuSE-release

You also need to open ports in the firewall (which seems to be off by default). Use yast2

As root: yast2 &

Turn on the firewall's public zone (the default) ands open ports 9000 and 3483 for tcp and (I think) UDP

point your browser to http://localhost:9000 and follow the instructions.

Congrats on picking the best, easiest to administer Linux distro.

sare
2018-06-03, 17:05
Thank you! That worked.
It didn't work the first time, not sure why.
It worked after I re-installed and restarted.
BTW, managing Gentoo became a hairball because of Squeezebox and Perl incompatibility. After wasting countless hours I finally gave up and went with Leap with my new build.

Rik
2018-06-19, 23:07
I made a package for OpenSUSE 15.0, but only with LMS 7.9.0_final. Maybe that is helpful.

Please see https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rikj/logitechmediaserver

jarome
2018-06-20, 05:24
I made a package for OpenSUSE 15.0, but only with LMS 7.9.0_final. Maybe that is helpful.

Please see https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:rikj/logitechmediaserver
The only trick thing is that the LMS changed its startup script to rely upon the file in /etc. Once I realized this, it installed and ran easily.

pimd
2018-09-27, 03:01
For me, it is still not working as it should be. i created the file /etc/SuSE-release and reinstalled the software

I can now manually start the service with
systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service

but it won't start on boot.

systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service gives me the error:

Failed to enable unit: Unit /run/systemd/generator.late/squeezeboxserver.service is transient or generated.

Am I the only one who can't have it start on boot?

jarome
2018-09-27, 05:25
For me, it is still not working as it should be. i created the file /etc/SuSE-release and reinstalled the software

I can now manually start the service with
systemctl start logitechmediaserver.service

but it won't start on boot.

Am I the only one who can't have it start on boot?

Did you go into Yast2 and turn it on in the System Services panel?

pimd
2018-09-27, 07:49
Did you go into Yast2 and turn it on in the System Services panel?

Yes, but that gave me an unspecified error. So i tried to do it manually.

Correction: actually the error message is:

writing the configuration file failed:
could not enable logitechmediaserver. squeezeboxserver.service - LSB: Startup script for the Logitech Media Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d./squeezeboxserver; generated; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Would you like to continue editing?

When i try
systemctl enable logitechmediaserver.service the error message is:

Failed to enable unit: Unit /run/systemd/generator.late/squeezeboxserver.service is transient or generated.

DionBoerrigter
2018-10-04, 03:35
Hi Rik,

Have tried your 7.9.0 RPM file, but I get the following error: "Nothing provides perl-data-URIEncode"
I then used yast to install the "perl-URI-Encode" package (no 'perl-data-URIEncode" package showed up) and tried again.
As expected: same error message. I ignored the message and installed the package.
When I then do 'sudo ./slimserver.pl' I get the error message "Audio::Scan (loaded <not found>, need 0.93)

What to do?

mherger
2018-10-04, 03:58
> When I then do 'sudo ./slimserver.pl' I get the error message
> "Audio::Scan (loaded <not found>, need 0.93)
>
> What to do?

Try 7.9.1 at least, or even a 7.9.2 nightly build.

--

Michael

DionBoerrigter
2018-10-04, 06:49
Thanks Michael, it's working now!