PDA

View Full Version : Playlist not saving to LMS

mflaten
2018-05-21, 10:40
I am using PiCorePlayer as an LMS server. Recently playlists would not save to my music library. They would save on a temporary basis as long as the browser was open but once closed the playlist item would disappear. Also the saved item was not found in the playlist folder. Past playlist items are still there and found in LMS. My settings are (see pics).

Thanks very much.

Mnyb
2018-05-21, 21:26
Try to have the playlist dir outside of the music library AND then make it writable by LMS bet your music library is read only

mflaten
2018-05-22, 08:13
Try to have the playlist dir outside of the music library AND then make it writable by LMS bet your music library is read only

No that was not the problem.

mflaten
2018-05-22, 08:15
Does anything circled in blue look incorrect?

Mnyb
2018-05-22, 13:45
No that was not the problem.

Did you checkmyhe permissions of thenplaylist dir ?

paul-
2018-05-22, 13:50
Does anything circled in blue look incorrect?

The cache storage has nothing to do with playlists. Where are your playlists setup within LMS settings?

mflaten
2018-05-22, 13:59
The playlist library has read/write privileges. My music library is in my NAS and this started all of a sudden.

Here is what is unusual. If I save to the playlist, it is reflected on the playlist as long as the LMS is open. I checked to see if the item is on the playlist directory in my NAS storage and it is not. All the earlier playlist is there. Once I close LMS the new playlist item disappears. I have no idea where it is stored.

paul-
2018-05-22, 19:18
Open the LMS web interface. Then click settings in the bottom right corner. Look at the basic settings tab. Where does it say the Playlists are being stored?

kidstypike
2018-05-22, 23:23
Open the LMS web interface. Then click settings in the bottom right corner. Look at the basic settings tab. Where does it say the Playlists are being stored?

Hmm . . . there's a picture showing the Playlist folder location in the OP's first post?

DJanGo
2018-05-23, 10:52
The playlist library has read/write privileges. My music library is in my NAS and this started all of a sudden.

Here is what is unusual. If I save to the playlist, it is reflected on the playlist as long as the LMS is open. I checked to see if the item is on the playlist directory in my NAS storage and it is not. All the earlier playlist is there. Once I close LMS the new playlist item disappears. I have no idea where it is stored.

You need the execution privilege for playlists as well for the user that runs lms.
The temporary playlists are stored in the cache folder

mflaten
2018-05-25, 12:54
I am not sure I know what that means "You need the execution privilege for playlists as well for the user that runs lms.
The temporary playlists are stored in the cache folder"

The log reflects this message.

[18-05-25 14:08:03.8302] Slim::Formats::Playlists::Base::_filehandleFromNam eOrString (86) Error: Could't open /mnt/MusicLibrary/Playlists/Hugh Masekela.m3u for writing.

Can you be more specific?

Thanks

DJanGo
2018-05-25, 13:13
I am not sure I know what that means "You need the execution privilege for playlists as well for the user that runs lms.
The temporary playlists are stored in the cache folder"

lms needs rwx for the playlistfolder. Read Write execution

The temporary playlists are NOT stored in the playlistfolder but in the prefs (not cache) folder that had the x by default / via lms setup

ls -l /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/
insgesamt 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 squeezeboxserver nogroup 4096 Mai 25 22:02 prefs

philsparks
2018-06-02, 07:26
lms needs rwx for the playlistfolder. Read Write execution

The temporary playlists are NOT stored in the playlistfolder but in the prefs (not cache) folder that had the x by default / via lms setup

ls -l /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/
insgesamt 12
drwxr-xr-x 3 squeezeboxserver nogroup 4096 Mai 25 22:02 prefs

Hi - I have exactly the same issue. I've checked on my WHS server and I'm pretty sure that the ID/password that I apply in PiCorePlayer has full access (i.e. read/write/execute priviliges).

Does the line of code above need to be input into the Pi box? Can you let us know how to do that? I can't see a command line within PiCorePlayer. Sorry a bit thick about Linux.

cheers
Phil

paul-
2018-06-02, 08:52
CIFS username on the Linux client do not always match the userid used for the remote server

add uid=1001,gid=50 to the options on the pCP interface for the mount.

philsparks
2018-06-03, 05:07
CIFS username on the Linux client do not always match the userid used for the remote server

add uid=1001,gid=50 to the options on the pCP interface for the mount.

Brilliant, it worked, thanks.

I have no idea what it's doing but thanks! If it's possible to explain in simple terms to a numpty that would be great, I don't need to know but am curious.

cheers
Phil

paul-
2018-06-03, 07:09
When the OS mounts the file system, it is setting the linux ownership to user tc, group staff. The actual ability to change the content on the remote drive is still based on the login rights that you assign to the username and password field.

mflaten
2018-06-07, 05:59
When the OS mounts the file system, it is setting the linux ownership to user tc, group staff. The actual ability to change the content on the remote drive is still based on the login rights that you assign to the username and password field.

When you say "CIFS username on the Linux client do not always match the userid used for the remote server

add uid=1001,gid=50 to the options on the pCP interface for the mount. "

Exactly where are you inputting this code?

kidstypike
2018-06-07, 06:08
When you say "CIFS username on the Linux client do not always match the userid used for the remote server

add uid=1001,gid=50 to the options on the pCP interface for the mount. "

Exactly where are you inputting this code?

Here:

mflaten
2018-06-07, 06:20
This worked for me as well. Thanks Paul for all your help and patience.

paul-
2018-06-07, 07:43
Perhaps I should make that default.....I don't set it on my system, since I use my library read-only.

mflaten
2018-06-07, 09:39
Perhaps I should make that default.....I don't set it on my system, since I use my library read-only.

Yes, it took me a long time to find the answer. Thanks again Paul.