PDA

View Full Version : Split Album ....Arggg!!!

scoobydoob
2018-05-02, 03:04

I can't get CD 5 of Elvis's 60's masters to appear under the same entry as the other 4 CDs in LMS.
I've checked tags are the same for all 5 CDs ... artist, album, album artist, year, sort artist, sort album artist, disc x of 5.
It works fine for the other 2 Elvis boxsets and other multiple CD sets like Pink Floyd - The Wall, Beatles - White Album, Clash - Sandinista etc.

Can anybody suggest anything else I can do to make this boxset appear as one entry? I never realised my OCD was so bad until this little hiccup started to really annoy me ..LOL

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 05:47:42 PDT 2012

garym
2018-05-02, 04:27
I can't get CD 5 of Elvis's 60's masters to appear under the same entry as the other 4 CDs in LMS.
I've checked tags are the same for all 5 CDs ... artist, album, album artist, year, sort artist, sort album artist, disc x of 5.
It works fine for the other 2 Elvis boxsets and other multiple CD sets like Pink Floyd - The Wall, Beatles - White Album, Clash - Sandinista etc.

Can anybody suggest anything else I can do to make this boxset appear as one entry? I never realised my OCD was so bad until this little hiccup started to really annoy me ..LOL

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ Wed Mar 14 05:47:42 PDT 2012

Ive had this issue when some tag field was different in one of the disks. For example it happened to me when all disks but one had the tag field for total discs. The one disk that didnít showed up as a separate album in lms.

scoobydoob
2018-05-02, 04:59
I know what you are saying as I've been able to sort all other problems by closely checking tags. I went back through the tags for what must be the 20th time ( I tag in MusicBee) and they are all perfect....BUT..while I was looking in detail at each track I noticed under "settings" that all tracks on Disc 5 had a tick at "itunes compilation". I've never used this field..it was maybe set during the rip on DBpoweramp? Anyway... I had a look on LMS web at the tracks and sure enough there is a COMPILATION tag set to true for the tracks on disc 5. I've removed the tag on MusicBee and in the process of a full rescan. Hopefully that is it finally sorted.

Thanks for prompting me to look at the tags one more time. I knew it had to be some way I'd tagged the files wrongly...but for it to be a tag that I don't even use is really frustrating.

scoobydoob
2018-05-02, 05:18
Woo Hoo ! Disc 5 has left the building :cool:

bakker_be
2018-05-02, 07:26
No fun, you should also tell us what solved the issue :)

scoobydoob
2018-05-02, 07:40
No fun, you should also tell us what solved the issue :)

I did. In Post #3. Removed COMPILATION tag

garym
2018-05-02, 10:33

from Disk 5 (the only one of the 5 CDs that had a compilation tag).

d6jg
2018-05-03, 07:52
One wonders how this sort of anomaly occurs. Presumably someone populated the MusicBrainz or whatever dB in the first place and if itís wrong does it ever get corrected?

garym
2018-05-03, 07:55
I wonder what program scoobydoob used to rip the CDs? For example, in dbpoweramp (that I use), if a CD has a track with a different artist than another track (even if multi-artist), then the program assumes that disk is a compilation and shows the compilation box as ticked (writes the tag). I can see this before ripping and "untick" but if not paying attention this could easily slip through.

bakker_be
2018-05-03, 11:26

Ooops, apparently I skipped reading that post ... My bad :o

Jeff07971
2018-05-03, 14:05
MP3Tag works great for making/keeping tags consistent and finding tagging anomalies

https://www.mp3tag.de/en/

scoobydoob
2018-05-22, 14:32
I wonder what program scoobydoob used to rip the CDs? For example, in dbpoweramp (that I use), if a CD has a track with a different artist than another track (even if multi-artist), then the program assumes that disk is a compilation and shows the compilation box as ticked (writes the tag). I can see this before ripping and "untick" but if not paying attention this could easily slip through.

Yes Gary..I did use dbpoweramp to rip that 5 cd set. Hmm..I've never used the compilation tag before..so I wouldn't have been looking out for it to be honest..it's not a tag I have a visible column set for when I insert a CD.

d6jg
2018-05-23, 05:37
Yes Gary..I did use dbpoweramp to rip that 5 cd set. Hmm..I've never used the compilation tag before..so I wouldn't have been looking out for it to be honest..it's not a tag I have a visible column set for when I insert a CD.

Its not in a column Scooby. Its a tick box at the top of the dbPoweramp window - see screenshot

scoobydoob
2018-05-23, 05:58

Ahh. Ok.thanks for that