PDA

View Full Version : piCorePlay IQaudioIO DAC+ AMP+ no sound

geiserc
2018-05-01, 20:59
I've installed pCP (tried 3.5.0 and 3.2.2) and cannot get sound out of my RPi 3 with IQaudioIO with DAC+ and AMP+. Here's what I've tried so far:
1. In the Squeezelite Settings of pCP I've set the Audio output device to IQaudioIO DAC+ and made no further adjustments in the Squeezelite Settings.
2. I've saved and rebooted.
3. I've checked that config.txt lists 'dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus' at the end of the file.
4. I've disabled the onboard audio and verified config.txt has '#dtparam=audio=on'.

I've started from a fresh SD card tried multiple times - no luck. Any tips on getting this audio card to work?

Thank you!

Greg Erskine
2018-05-01, 22:03
hi geiserc,

It should be really simple.

Is Squeezelite running? Green display not red.

What is displayed in "Output setting" under <output device> when you click on more>?

regards
Greg

geiserc
2018-05-01, 22:19
Squeezelite is running (light is green).

The <output> is:
<output device>

Default: default
- = output to stdout

Squeezelite found these output devices:

null
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
sysdefault:CARD=IQaudIODAC

Thanks for any assistance you can give Greg. It's fantastic to have this running in the kitchena and I can't wait to have sync working with the living room.

Greg Erskine
2018-05-01, 22:48
Looks good.

What is "Output setting" set to?

Is it hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC ?

regards
Greg

kmccourt
2018-05-01, 23:38
I've installed pCP (tried 3.5.0 and 3.2.2) and cannot get sound out of my RPi 3 with IQaudioIO with DAC+ and AMP+. Here's what I've tried so far:
1. In the Squeezelite Settings of pCP I've set the Audio output device to IQaudioIO DAC+ and made no further adjustments in the Squeezelite Settings.
2. I've saved and rebooted.
3. I've checked that config.txt lists 'dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus' at the end of the file.
4. I've disabled the onboard audio and verified config.txt has '#dtparam=audio=on'.

I've started from a fresh SD card tried multiple times - no luck. Any tips on getting this audio card to work?

Thank you!

I have pCP working with an IQaudIO DigiAMP+ and I think the config for the AMP+ is similar - the default setting on the AMP+ is to be muted on power-up. Is the mute LED on your AMP+ on or off?

If you look at section 15 of http://www.iqaudio.com/downloads/IQaudIO.pdf, you need to have either
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus,unmute_amp or
dtoverlay=iqaudio-dacplus,auto_mute_amp added to config.txt.

geiserc
2018-05-02, 08:34
@Greg - 'Output setting' is hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC

@kmccourt - I'll give this a try tonight - thanks for the tip!

paul-
2018-05-02, 11:29
Goto the Soundcard Configuration........button is right by the dropdown list that you selected the card.

You can select the auto mute option there.

geiserc
2018-05-02, 18:16
I disabled the onboard sound card in Soundcard Configuration. No luck. I also double checked in config.txt and it does show up correctly there.

ian_heys
2018-05-02, 23:52
I use these components in my set up without problem. This is my squeezelite config page. Hope this helps.

sbp
2018-05-03, 02:20
@Greg - 'Output setting' is hw:CARD=IQaudIODAC

@kmccourt - I'll give this a try tonight - thanks for the tip!

I just want to be sure. Can you see your picoreplayer from lms?

geiserc
2018-05-03, 11:48
@ian_heys - Are you using the IQaudio DAC+ and AMP+ or the all-in-1 DigiAMP+?

@sbp - Yes, the pCP is visible in LMS.

I'm now working on setting up LMS and squeezeplay on Raspbian Stretch to see if I can get it going that way (on another SD card). If it goes - then I know the DAC and Amp are working.

Greg Erskine
2018-05-03, 14:53
Where is your LMS?

ian_heys
2018-05-03, 21:50
@ian_heys - Are you using the IQaudio DAC+ and AMP+ or the all-in-1 DigiAMP+?

The seperate DAC and Amplfier. Hadn't realised there was an all in one version.

geiserc
2018-05-03, 22:05
Per suggestion from ian_heys I changed the audio output to IQaudio Amp+. This worked.

The directions for Volumuo indicated the output should be set to IQaudio DAC+ when using the DAC+ and Amp+. I thought I read this on some pCP documentation as well but could easily be mistaken.

Thanks for all your help! Fantastic bit of software!