PDA

View Full Version : Looking for party plugin support thread

edwin2006
2018-04-27, 00:45
Ok, search with party plugin does not get any usable results, just to many.
Also tried announce with party, the same problem.

I know there is a thread but can't find it.

Q. How do I select which players belong to the party player. Only able to select one player (radio button) with synchronize

Mnyb
2018-04-27, 00:52
If it's the iPeng party plugin i sugest you use the ipeng support tread ..

edwin2006
2018-04-27, 08:11
I don't think so. Someone made an lms plugin to combine multiple players so they react as one and the plugin is called party

Mnyb
2018-04-27, 08:27
OK but you can do that with the normal sync functions already in LMS no need for a plugin.
You just sync them all.

Or use the new virtual player plugin and create a virtual player that include the players you want for a party , and just start that one when you sudenly want to fill the house with music :)

slartibartfast
2018-04-27, 09:26
I don't think so. Someone made an lms plugin to combine multiple players so they react as one and the plugin is called partyNot this one then.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108558

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

edwin2006
2018-04-27, 12:37
Yes, that's the purpose of the virtual player plugin. Only problem is that I'm not able (or see) how to select the involved players.

slartibartfast
2018-04-27, 13:15
Yes, that's the purpose of the virtual player plugin. Only problem is that I'm not able (or see) how to select the involved players.If you add a new group player and then click apply the new player will appear below and then you can choose the players to add to it.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/c0d2ecebcf68aa9c4aacefaca6dc9c29.jpg

edwin2006
2018-04-28, 02:10
Ah, I think my first action would update lms and also the plugin. The options you're showing are not visible.
Correction, found the options.
Thnx

edwin2006
2018-04-30, 04:15
Alright, so far so good but...
I'm trying to add second group player but it does not show anything? What am I doing wrong?

slartibartfast
2018-04-30, 04:40
Alright, so far so good but...
I'm trying to add second group player but it does not show anything? What am I doing wrong?Can you show a screenshot? Are you clicking apply after adding the new group name?

edwin2006
2018-04-30, 08:51
Can you show a screenshot? Are you clicking apply after adding the new group name?

Yes, im clicking apply (W7Pro/FF58.0.2) but i've got the impression that there is nothing happening when pressing apply

slartibartfast
2018-04-30, 08:59
Yes, im clicking apply (W7Pro/FF58.0.2) but i've got the impression that there is nothing happening when pressing applyCould you try a different name, maybe BBQ is too short, you never know?

slartibartfast
2018-04-30, 09:09
Yes, im clicking apply (W7Pro/FF58.0.2) but i've got the impression that there is nothing happening when pressing applyHmm just tried adding a player called BBQ and it worked.

edwin2006
2018-04-30, 10:01
Hmm just tried adding a player called BBQ and it worked.

Also tried with BBQ Veranda but no luck. Status bar says connecting for [IP_LMS] and then nothing. Strange part is that the player Party in-out simply worked.
If a find some more time i will upgrade LMS to latest build and see what happens but i don't think it will make much difference to the plugin.
Also tried with chrome, same result. cleared cache, same result.

slartibartfast
2018-04-30, 10:07
Also tried with BBQ Veranda but no luck. Status bar says connecting for [IP_LMS] and then nothing. Strange part is that the player Party in-out simply worked.
If a find some more time i will upgrade LMS to latest build and see what happens but i don't think it will make much difference to the plugin.
Also tried with chrome, same result. cleared cache, same result.Someone else had the same problem in this post.
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=907404
Maybe try reinstalling the plugin.

edwin2006
2018-05-01, 01:01
tried remove, reboot lms, add group player. No luck.
Also noticed that the old define player party in-out is still present. Apparently removal of plugin does not remove entire config.
Only thing i can think of is would be to update to PcP3.5 and then LMS to latest build and then re try. This takes time i don't have at the moment.
Anyone aware of a portable windows tool that ia able to create a compressed image of an SD card and later able wo write it back to an SD card keeping logical structure intact (Win32DiskImager does not do this)?

slartibartfast
2018-05-01, 02:58
tried remove, reboot lms, add group player. No luck.
Also noticed that the old define player party in-out is still present. Apparently removal of plugin does not remove entire config.
Only thing i can think of is would be to update to PcP3.5 and then LMS to latest build and then re try. This takes time i don't have at the moment.
Anyone aware of a portable windows tool that ia able to create a compressed image of an SD card and later able wo write it back to an SD card keeping logical structure intact (Win32DiskImager does not do this)?This might do it.
http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/
Edit. I am not sure if it works on SD cards but an SD card in a reader looks like a USB flash drive. I only know about it since I used it for the old Squeezeplug.

edwin2006
2018-05-01, 03:30
Hm, will try together with lms shuffle

edwin2006
2018-05-06, 09:14
Is it normal behavior that a radio, a boom, a classic 2 and a pi in a group are not playing in sync? Even when is switch of the group player the classic and pi stay on.
I guess something is going on. How can I completely remove the plugin? Just de selecting on the plugin page did not work when selecting the plugin again the settings returned.

philippe_44
2018-05-06, 11:50
Is it normal behavior that a radio, a boom, a classic 2 and a pi in a group are not playing in sync? Even when is switch of the group player the classic and pi stay on.
I guess something is going on. How can I completely remove the plugin? Just de selecting on the plugin page did not work when selecting the plugin again the settings returned.

go to /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/prefs/plugin and delete the file named groups.pref

edwin2006
2018-05-06, 12:53
Thnx