PDA

View Full Version : Repair corrupt MP3 files?

JeffHart
2018-04-20, 08:05
I have one track that stops playing at the same spot every time I try to listen to it. Anyone have any success with any of the repair tools out there? I've stuffed all my CD's in boxes without logical order, so digging out the track would be painful - would probably repurchase the track first.

TIA,
Jeff

bakker_be
2018-04-21, 01:25
Repairing MP3-files is nigh on impossible. Easier to just re-rip or, as you're not able to find the original CD quickly, re-buy ...

Mnyb
2018-04-21, 02:52
Making the file playable again to software players and actually repair it migth not be the same thing ?

JeffHart
2018-04-22, 15:37
Thanks bakker_be & Mnyb, will take a quick look through the boxes, and spend the $.99 to replace if needed.

d6jg
2018-04-23, 04:46
Thanks bakker_be & Mnyb, will take a quick look through the boxes, and spend the $.99 to replace if needed.

What's the track in question ? Someone may have a copy they could let you have in the circumstances

JeffHart
2018-04-28, 11:50
Thanks for the thought, but probably not a trend we should start, risky for donor, recepient and artist.

BJW
2018-10-09, 01:25
i like mp3val. i use it all the time, and it almost always fixes the issues i come across.

if its a VBR, google moonbases ver of VBRfix.

if neither of those do the trick, the file itself might not be fixable at all given any tool. u could also try mp3diags.

(and scan it with mp3tag for tag issues, and i hear foobar or something has a built in file integrity utility, etc)