PDA

View Full Version : Squeeze Commander - many items won't play

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 03:24
I'm trying Squeeze Commander again just for a change.

I don't seem to be able to play Favourites or Radio stations (including BBC iPlayer).

Tapping an item just briefly highlights it then does nothing. Press and hold an item takes me to a screen (see pic below) but doesn't play anything.

BandCamp works fine though.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Thanks

Apesbrain
2018-04-04, 05:03
I use Squeeze Commander daily and have not seen this particular issue. I have found that I need to clear SC's cache every so often to get things to show up correctly.

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 05:23
Thanks.

I've tried clearing the cache, last night, and again just now, no difference.

Squeeze Ctrl, Orange Squeeze and Squeezer work fine, very strange.

Spin
2018-04-04, 07:40
Hi Kidstypike,

I checked 'Squeeze Commander' and confirmed that the 'Favorites' and 'Radio' functions didn't function even after clearing the cache. I checked my other apps and found that 'Orange Squeeze' worked fine but 'Squeezer' had the same problem as 'Squeeze Commander'.

Returned to 'Squeeze Commander' and found that 'Favorites' had started working but failed again after checking 'Radio'. Tried 'Squeeze Commander' on another device and 'Favorites' worked until I tried using 'Radio' (which didn't work) and found that 'Favorites' had stopped working again.

Looks like there's so weird interaction between 'Favorites' and 'Radio'. All the other functions work fine.

Apesbrain
2018-04-04, 09:15
Which Android are you guys on? I'm 7.0.

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 09:18
Which Android are you guys on? I'm 7.0.

Settings > About > Android version 7.0

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 10:43
Hi Kidstypike,

I checked 'Squeeze Commander' and confirmed that the 'Favorites' and 'Radio' functions didn't function even after clearing the cache. I checked my other apps and found that 'Orange Squeeze' worked fine but 'Squeezer' had the same problem as 'Squeeze Commander'.

Returned to 'Squeeze Commander' and found that 'Favorites' had started working but failed again after checking 'Radio'. Tried 'Squeeze Commander' on another device and 'Favorites' worked until I tried using 'Radio' (which didn't work) and found that 'Favorites' had stopped working again.

Looks like there's so weird interaction between 'Favorites' and 'Radio'. All the other functions work fine.

Hi Spin

Exactly the same just happened to me!

I fooled about with the settings, (not sure what I changed, if anything) and tried to play a favourite, which worked! Tried to play a radio station, (which didn't work) and now Favourites no longer work.

For "didn't work" read - there's no context menu with anything to initiate "Play", just get what my picture above shows.

pippin
2018-04-04, 11:52
Sounds like you might have lost the MySB-specific menus.
Did you try to restart the server?

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 12:30
Sounds like you might have lost the MySB-specific menus.
Did you try to restart the server?

I've restarted the LMS umpteen times.

I've un-installed and re-installed SC umpteen times.

I've re-entered MySB credentials umpteen times.

I've cleared the SC cache umpteen times.

I've rebooted my phone umpteen times.

I've (today) been to my local CPC and bought a brand new pi3B+ and done a fresh install of everything.

I've knit 1, purl 1, and slipped the knit stitch over, nothing helps.

Very rarely I get a context menu to play a favourite, but never 2 times on the run, and I've never been able to get a context menu to play a Radio station.

Squeeze Ctrl works fine.

Orange Squeeze works fine

Squeezer works fine.

pippin
2018-04-04, 12:50
Ah, ok, i thought you said Squeezer didnít work, too.

kidstypike
2018-04-04, 12:54
Ah, ok, i thought you said Squeezer didnít work, too.

No, that was "Spin" who said Squeezer didn't work for him.

kidstypike
2018-04-05, 02:08
Of course when I uninstalled Squeeze Commander, as it's no longer available in the Google Play Store, I had to re-install it via the .apk.

This morning I got a notification on my phone that won't swipe away, until I uninstall SC, I presume?

What . . .

Apesbrain
2018-04-09, 08:12
This morning I got a notification on my phone that won't swipe away, until I uninstall SC, I presume?

How did this ever work out? Would be sad to hear SC has reached the end of the road.

kidstypike
2018-04-09, 09:06
How did this ever work out? Would be sad to hear SC has reached the end of the road.

I can't get rid of that notification without uninstalling SC.

I went to Play Store > Play Protect, and disabled "Scan device for security threats", rebooted a couple of times and reinstalled SC, but within a few minutes the notification is back. Rinse, repeat.

Not sure how this will affect those who wish to get a new phone.

Apesbrain
2018-04-09, 11:30
Although I didn't know it until now, my Android 7.0 phone also has Google Play Protect installed. It does not give me a message about SC as yours does. Do you have "enable install of third-party apps" turned on?

Is it possible your copy of SC is corrupted/infected? If you'd like, I can send you my APK. It is version 0.9.6.4. I just noticed it is licensed via "slideme.org" and not Google Play. That may somehow make a difference. App is still available there:

http://slideme.org/application/squeeze-commander

kidstypike
2018-04-09, 12:05
Although I didn't know it until now, my Android 7.0 phone also has Google Play Protect installed. It does not give me a message about SC as yours does. Do you have "enable install of third-party apps" turned on?

Is it possible your copy of SC is corrupted/infected? If you'd like, I can send you my APK. It is version 0.9.6.4. I just noticed it is licensed via "slideme.org" and not Google Play. That may somehow make a difference. App is still available there:

http://slideme.org/application/squeeze-commander

"Enable install of third-party apps" is turned on.

Mine is the same version as yours 0.9.6.4 slideme.org.

I've been playing about with this for ages, and may have sorted it, I dragged the notification down with the vague hope that it may swipe away this time :p but must have tapped or double tapped it and I got a dialogue box up that warned me that the app may be harmful, but there were 2 options, Uninstall or keep anyway or something like that (I wish I'd taken a screenshot). I pressed "keep anyway" and the notification has gone :D

I'll see if it returns, will keep you informed.

Cheers