PDA

View Full Version : iPeng on an iPad can't connect to server issue

jgreen8240
2018-03-27, 13:01
Folks,

I am running Window 10 using an Orbi router with 2 satellites. iPeng is installed both on my iPad and iPhone with latest IOS for both.

Here's the issue. The iPeng on the iPad functions normally but then at some point will not be able to connect to the logitech media server. The only consistent way for me to get it to connect after this happens is to open iPeng on the iPhone. Once I have done that the iPad will then be able to connect to the server. Setting for my computer is to never turn off. I also tried wake on LAN as a fix but that did not work. Simply a mystery that I would appreciate anyone's help with.

Thanks,
Jim

pippin
2018-03-27, 14:53
Please send me a diagnostics mail from iPeng on the iPad when it doesn't work (tap the mail link under "Help") and ideally then a second one from the iPhone where it works.
Do you have different Wake-on-LAN configurations on the iPhone and iPad? For example, if you are using a sever-build that's older than a year or so iPeng can no longer automatically determine the server-MAC for WOL if you are running it under iOS 10.2 or newer (Apple blocks that) and you'd have to configure it manually.

Also, did you do any manual network configuration?

jgreen8240
2018-03-27, 17:16
Please send me a diagnostics mail from iPeng on the iPad when it doesn't work (tap the mail link under "Help") and ideally then a second one from the iPhone where it works.
Do you have different Wake-on-LAN configurations on the iPhone and iPad? For example, if you are using a sever-build that's older than a year or so iPeng can no longer automatically determine the server-MAC for WOL if you are running it under iOS 10.2 or newer (Apple blocks that) and you'd have to configure it manually.

Also, did you do any manual network configuration?

Pippin,

Thanks so much for responding. Ignorant on most of this so appreciate your patience with these questions

1. The coolio email address in iPeng in the app is you?
2. Where do I find WOL on configuration on iPhone or ipad?
3. I do not do any manual configuration of my networks.

Thanks