PDA

View Full Version : Announce: piCorePlayer 3.5.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

paul-
2018-03-24, 07:39
24 Mar 2018 - piCorePlayer 3.5.0

The pCP team has released an update for piCorePlayer.

Here are the major changes:

RPi 3B+ Support.
Kernel 4.14.26
RPi Firmware 14 Mar, 2018.
Moves to a 9.x piCore Base.
Moved from busybox modutils to kmod based modutils (For better module dependency and configuration).
Updated to Squeezelite 1.8.7-1052, includes native DSD support.
Cirrus Logic (Wolfson) Card support.
Hifiberry Amp2 Support.
Bluetooth Speaker Support.
Wireless AP Support (Tested with internal RPi wifi).
Shairport-Sync 3.1.7, with added separate output settings.
Audio Kernel (armv7 only) is now a RT kernel /w Full Preemption.

Notes:
Kernel's in the 4.14.y and newer have increased the default required version of SMB and NFS mounts. 3.0 is now required by default, if your NAS does not support this, you will need to explicitly set vers=2.0 (or maybe even vers=1.0) on the mount options. See the information on network mount section of the LMS page.

New images or insitu update are availiable. The released versions can be downloaded here.
piCorePlayer 3.5.0 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.5.0/piCorePlayer3.5.0.zip/download)
piCorePlayer 3.5.0 Audio version (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.5.0/piCorePlayer3.5.0-Audio.zip/download)

The pCP team

paul-
2018-03-24, 07:40
Update: 30-Mar-2018

There is an issue with exFat support, if you need to run exFat, after installing. Goto the main menu in Beta mode, and press the Hotfix button.
Jivelite Forms issue fixed.
If using on a armv6 device, and using USB for audio there is a missing driver, after you install 3.5.0 and boot up.....open a ssh session and run pcp-update alsa-modules-KERNEL

mherger
2018-03-24, 09:51
[emoji1303]

Howard Passman
2018-03-24, 11:13
You are amazing!!

Howard

RPi 3B+ Support.
Kernel 4.14.26
Moved from busybox modutils to kmod based modutils (For better module dependency and configuration).
Hifiberry Amp2 Support.

Notes:
Kernel's in the 4.14.y and newer have increased the default required version of SMB and NFS mounts. 3.0 is now required by default, if your NAS does not support this, you will need to explicitly set vers=2.0 (or maybe even vers=1.0) on the mount options. See the information on network mount section of the LMS page.

New images or insitu update are availiable. The released versions can be downloaded here.
piCorePlayer 3.5.0 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.5.0/piCorePlayer3.5.0.zip/download)
piCorePlayer 3.5.0 Audio version (https://sourceforge.net/projects/picoreplayer/files/insitu/piCorePlayer3.5.0/piCorePlayer3.5.0-Audio.zip/download)

The pCP team

TomAmes
2018-03-24, 12:06
As a pCP newcomer, this is awesome!

I just updated insitu with absolutely no issues. Thanks!

kidstypike
2018-03-24, 12:31
Insitu install on garage pCp/jivelite no problems.

Insitu install on study pCp/jivlite/LMS > squeezelite and LMS not auto starting, network share not mounted. Adding the option vers=1.0 to the "Options" field and rebooting cured all 3 problems

Thanks

Howard Passman
2018-03-24, 13:37
BTW, the AP is very cool. Makes it really easy to put a battery on one of these and slap it in the car.

Once again, thank you very much.

Howard

RPi 3B+ Support.
Kernel 4.14.26
Hifiberry Amp2 Support.

Notes:

The pCP team

Wirrunna
2018-03-24, 13:53
In situ updates to two pCp players on rPi 2B worked perfectly.

Thank you pCP Team.

huxmut
2018-03-24, 14:00
Thanks pCP Team :cool:

marflao
2018-03-24, 14:20
Quick ones:
i) can insitu be used if LMS is located on a NAS (or has LMS nothing to do with this)?
ii) in case insitu will be used to which version of pCP will be upgraded (normal or audio optimized)?

kidstypike
2018-03-24, 14:25
Quick ones:
i) can insitu be used if LMS is located on a NAS (or has LMS nothing to do with this)?
ii) in case insitu will be used to which version of pCP will be upgraded (normal or audio optimized)?

i) LMS has nothing to do with this.
ii) You have the option to choose at step 3.

marflao
2018-03-24, 14:27
i) LMS has nothing to do with this.
ii) You have the option to choose at step 3.

Many thanks for the swift response. Much appreciated.

Will give it a try.
Thanks pCP team

JQW
2018-03-24, 17:26
I had a brief play earlier today, installing from scratch as my Pi has been temporary repositioned for another use. I had one problem - I couldn’t get an exFAT formatted USB drive to show files when mounted. In addition my NTFS drive was showing double capacity in the web interface when mounted.

I’ll play with it further when I acquire a second Pi - hopefully the parcel will turn up on Monday.

edwardthern
2018-03-24, 20:02
So I tried the Bluetooth speaker support.
Quirky but it works, and most importantly it auto-magically reconnects if you cycle the power on your bluetooth device

Quirks;

Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth cannot be on at the same time, YET it allows you to proceed with 'trying' to use Bluetooth without warning or any built-in messages to prevent the inevitable failure. This can and probably will lead to frustrations as people think something is wrong, but just don't happen to check the WiFi tab to turn the internal bluetooth on....only at that moment will you get a message that wifi and bluetooth can not be on at the same time.

Suggestion: Give a message that tells users BTHeadset can not be used when enternal WiFi is enabled...As Soon As they select BTHeadset [if wifi is enabled] don't have to get so smart as to do it only when internal wifi is on. A user will read the message and either stop if they have the enternal wifi on or proceed if they don't.

So next step, get a bluetooth dongle to connect...nope, ain't happening as the RPi won't power it on.

So next next step, get a wifi dongle to connect to wifi and use the internal bluetooth. Great it works! Wifi connected and Bluetooth on. Now power up the bluetooth headset and hit scan. First run, nothing...okay second attempt and it shows up. Select 'pair' and wait, it paired and for some reason disconnected the pairing. Okay, second run, scan again....sees the headset and select pair...boom, done! Works great from that point. Powered off the headset and back on to test, reconnected without a hitch.

Something else I noticed. When/If I return back to USB or some other output, everything resets to factory settings.

paul-
2018-03-24, 20:09
I had a brief play earlier today, installing from scratch as my Pi has been temporary repositioned for another use. I had one problem - I couldn’t get an exFAT formatted USB drive to show files when mounted. In addition my NTFS drive was showing double capacity in the web interface when mounted.

Confirmed, not sure why the fuse kernel module is refusing to automatically load. I'll have to dig into why this broke.

paul-
2018-03-24, 20:21
So I tried the Bluetooth speaker support.

Built-in Wifi and Bluetooth cannot be on at the same time, YET it allows you to proceed with 'trying' to use Bluetooth without warning or any built-in messages to prevent the inevitable failure. This can and probably will lead to frustrations as people think something is wrong, but just don't happen to check the WiFi tab to turn the internal bluetooth on....only at that moment will you get a message that wifi and bluetooth can not be on at the same time.

Yes it can....if you use external wifi or use the RPi3B+ on a 5GHz channel, or if you use an usb bluetooth device. There is a message on where to look regarding the internal bluetooth.

So next step, get a bluetooth dongle to connect...nope, ain't happening as the RPi won't power it on.

What external bluetooth did you try. It has to have HCI support. The one I tested works just fine.

Something else I noticed. When/If I return back to USB or some other output, everything resets to factory settings.
There is alot of things that get modified with bluetooth, some of that is on purpose.

edwardthern
2018-03-24, 20:32
Yes it can....if you use external wifi or use the RPi3B+ on a 5GHz channel, or if you use an usb bluetooth device. There is a message on where to look regarding the internal bluetooth.

What external bluetooth did you try. It has to have HCI support. The one I tested works just fine.

There is alot of things that get modified with bluetooth, some of that is on purpose.

Your post seems very defensive. My post was not meant to be an attack.

Thank you for your comments.

huxmut
2018-03-24, 21:13

Im sure you appreciate Pauls hard work giving us bluetooth. So along with your notes and comments perhaps a small thank you is in order ?

marflao
2018-03-25, 01:15
I´m currently a bit stuck.

Insitu didn´t work for me (but this is not 3.5 related, it didn´t work for earlier version, too). Haven´t digged deeper why this doesn´t work hence I flashed the image.
Filled out "Audio Output device" (USB Audio), saved and filled out the "Output settings" which I then saved, too.

But after a Reboot, Squeezelite doesn´t start again (although it was running before i rebooted).

Not sure what I can do here? Another image flashing?
Your thoughts are as always much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: flashed another image. Apparently I didn´t choose the "Advanced mode", just the "Basic" hence I did only enter the USB Audio and the output settings.

So squeezelite is running BUT:
after choosing the "advanced mode" and enter -D in the "Various Options" field (in pPC v2.00 I used this to be able to play dsf files), squeezelite is stopping.
Once I delete -D squeezelite is running again but then there is no sound when dsf files are played.

Since my Dac (Aune S16) should be able to handle native DSD or DoP I assume I need to change something else somewhere else in the Squeezelite settings, or?

Question from my side is where?

sbp
2018-03-25, 01:28
Please report the content of the config.cfg file - you can see the content on the "About" page.
I would also help if you could provide us with the content in the marked red square.

mcduman
2018-03-25, 02:33
A big heartfelt thanks to the devs for this amazing piece of software. The upgrade went smoothly and the audio version sounds better than ever. My only question is whether there is a difference between a clean install and the insitu update. I remember such a thing from the old Windows days where you got stuck with a bunch of leftover crap.

marflao
2018-03-25, 02:47
Please report the content of the config.cfg file - you can see the content on the "About" page.
I would also help if you could provide us with the content in the marked red square.

Thanks for getting back to me, sbp.
The content of the cfg file is as follows:

#########################
# Edit the variables below to setup a wifi based system without LAN access
# Change Wifi to "on". Valid options for Encryption are "WEP", "WPA" or "OPEN"
WIFI="off"
SSID="wireless"
PASSWORD="********"
ENCRYPTION="WPA"
# End Wifi setup
##########################
DEBUG="0"
MODE="30"
TEST="0"
NAME="piCorePlayer"
OUTPUT="front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0"
ALSA_PARAMS="80:4::1:"
BUFFER_SIZE=""
_CODEC=""
XCODEC=""
PRIORITY=""
MAX_RATE=""
UPSAMPLE=""
MAC_ADDRESS=""
SERVER_IP=""
LOGLEVEL=""
LOGFILE=""
DSDOUT=""
VISUALISER=""
CLOSEOUT=""
UNMUTE=""
ALSAVOLUME=""
OTHER=""
AUDIO="USB"
AUDIOBOOTSCRIPT=""
HOST="piCorePlayer"
TIMEZONE="CET-1CEST,M3.5.0,M10.5.0/3"
CPUGOVERNOR="ondemand"
OVERCLOCK="NONE"
ADVOVERCLOCK="None"
CMD="Default"
FIQ="0xF"
ALSAlevelout="Default"
ALSAeq="no"
REBOOT="Disabled"
RB_H="0"
RB_WD="*"
RB_DMONTH="*"
RESTART="Disabled"
RS_H="0"
RS_WD="*"
RS_DMONTH="*"
CRON_COMMAND=""
AUTOSTARTLMS=""
A_S_LMS="Disabled"
AUTOSTARTFAV=""
A_S_FAV="Disabled"
USER_COMMAND_1=""
USER_COMMAND_2=""
USER_COMMAND_3=""
JIVELITE="no"
SCREENROTATE="180"
JL_SCREEN_WIDTH="0"
JL_SCREEN_HEIGHT="0"
SHAIRPORT="no"
LMSERVER="no"
LMSDATA="default"
SQLT_VERSION="basic"
SQBINARY="default"
SQUEEZELITE="yes"
POWER_GPIO=""
POWER_OUTPUT="L"
POWER_SCRIPT=""
IR_LIRC="no"
IR_GPIO_IN="25"
IR_GPIO_OUT=""
IR_DEVICE="lirc0"
IR_CONFIG=""
LMSWEBPORT=""
FSM="Default"
LMSCONTROLS="yes"
PLAYERTABS="yes"
HDMIPOWER="on"
APMODE="no"
AP_IP=""
RPI3INTWIFI="on"
RPIBLUETOOTH="off"
SAMBA="disabled"
WOL="no"
WOL_NIC=""
WOL_LMSMACADDRESS=""
SPARAMS1=""
SPARAMS2=""
SPARAMS3=""
SPARAMS4=""
SPARAMS5=""
INTERNET_CHECK_IP=""
ROTDASH="no"

Looking at the above the "RPI3INTWIFI" is set to "On". This doesn´t matter since I set Wifi to "Off" in the Wifi Settings page (btw...pPC is runnning on a Pi2), or?
The output setting is: front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0

The rest is left unchanged.

Thanks in advance.

Doryphore
2018-03-25, 03:18
Thank you !

I just upgrade on a PI3B +, I have 9 radios squeezebox boom and 3 squeezelite, the system is much more responsive than the pi3B.

I first upgraded pircoreplayer to 3.5 on the B, then I inserted the SD card in the B +, I kept all the configuration, with the usb backup

Thanks again, I already donated

paul-
2018-03-25, 04:51
So squeezelite is running BUT:
after choosing the "advanced mode" and enter -D in the "Various Options" field (in pPC v2.00 I used this to be able to play dsf files), squeezelite is stopping.
Once I delete -D squeezelite is running again but then there is no sound when dsf files are played.

Since my Dac (Aune S16) should be able to handle native DSD or DoP I assume I need to change something else somewhere else in the Squeezelite settings, or?

DSD support is now in a different binary. -D is not valid on the normal Squeezelite.......look all the way at the bottom of the squeezelite page, and select the DSD version of Squeezelite.

paul-
2018-03-25, 04:56

Edward,

No worries.....just trying to clarify to others that read it. Any to your first comment....yes it's a bit quirky. I tried 100s of different ways, and this proved to be the most stable with the alsa implementation. The RPi bluetooth tends to get hung up sometimes, but a quick reboot of the pi and speaker, should fix.

marflao
2018-03-25, 05:05
DSD support is now in a different binary. -D is not valid on the normal Squeezelite.......look all the way at the bottom of the squeezelite page, and select the DSD version of Squeezelite.

Thanks Paul,

I'm still lost where i can find this.

If i look at the "Squeezelite Settings" site the bottom of that page shows "Various Options". So - D shouldn't be entered here anymore but neither I'm sure if you meant i should look here nor what do enter (in case i should enter something).

majones
2018-03-25, 05:07
Very nice. Just one glitch for me with the in situ - I'd previously set a static wired IP, but after the update somehow DHCP got turned on so the IP address was different (found it with Advanced IP Scanner). Turning off DHCP restored the original IP address.

paul-
2018-03-25, 05:16
Thanks Paul,

I'm still lost where i can find this.

If i look at the "Squeezelite Settings" site the bottom of that page shows "Various Options". So - D shouldn't be entered here anymore but neither I'm sure if you meant i should look here nor what do enter (in case i should enter something).

Go to beta mode.

marflao
2018-03-25, 05:34
Go to beta mode.

Aaaaaaahhhh...never used beta mode ;-)

After enabling the "Native/DoP DSD Squeezelite" binary, DSD 64 is played fine and shown as "PCM 352" on my DAC's display (was DSD 64 under pCP v2.00).
DSD 128 files are played but without any sound. Display also shows "PCM352".

Any further hint?

EDIT:
Found the solution :-)

Searching the web resulting in two helpful pages (here (https://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.de/2018/01/raspberry-pi-audio-engine-part-6-dsd.html) and here (http://archimago.blogspot.de/2017/11/howto-integrating-wavpack-5-compressed.html)).

From soundcheck´s page I followed his advice and disabled the internal PI audio card. But somehow this didn´t do the trick. DSD 64 was still played as "PCM 352" ..and no sound via DSD128 files.

But after i inserted Archimago´s values from the "Alsa"- (120) as well the "Device supports DSD/DoP" (250) settings both dsf rates are played correctly. And "Yes" they are now also shown as DSD 64/128.

Again: thanks a lot to the pCP team for this masterpiece. I´m enjoying it more and more.
Just send a donation.

MCarson
2018-03-25, 06:29
I’ve the new Pi 3B+ and have installed the new PiCoreplayer 3.5. The WiFi on boot up cannot connect and keeps reporting “error for wireless request “set ESSID” (8B1A) : too few arguments. I can connect with a wired connection.
The Second problem I’m having is when trying to stream from Napster I get an error message that says “this player does not support Napster. A Squeezebox 2 or higher is required.”
Any hep is appreciated.

sbp
2018-03-25, 07:11
Hi I just re-tested wifi connection on a RPi3 B+ and pCP 3.5.0 - it works fine.

So there is a problem at your end.

The error message you describe is seen if you have provided the wrong password or SSID name. Therefore please check that you are using the correct names. There is also some restrictions on the characters that are allowed.

How did you supply the SSID and password, via the newconfig file or via setup connected via a LAN cable?

paul-
2018-03-25, 08:04
Aaaaaaahhhh...never used beta mode ;-)

After enabling the "Native/DoP DSD Squeezelite" binary, DSD 64 is played fine and shown as "PCM 352" on my DAC's display (was DSD 64 under pCP v2.00).
DSD 128 files are played but without any sound. Display also shows "PCM352".

Any further hint?

-D option has different parameters now, but ask over in the squeezelite thread.

paul-
2018-03-25, 08:05
The Second problem I’m having is when trying to stream from Napster I get an error message that says “this player does not support Napster. A Squeezebox 2 or higher is required.”
Any hep is appreciated.

Napster is nothing we can help you with......just search for the Napster thread, and I think you will find your answer.

marflao
2018-03-25, 08:06
-D option has different parameters now, but ask over in the squeezelite thread.

Hi Paul,

just edited my former post. Found the solution :-)

Thanks again.

MCarson
2018-03-25, 11:16
Problem solved, was missing network name in SSID box. Was not paying attention to details. Thanks for the help as I then retraced steps to find the obvious. Thanks

mherger
2018-03-25, 11:54
> get an error message that says “this player does not support Napster. A
> Squeezebox 2 or higher is required.”

Napster doesn't allow us to play on anything but SB hardware.

--

Michael

eiffel
2018-03-25, 14:09
Thank you for this new release. The insitu upgrade of my RPi3, with the official Pi Touchscreen and an IQaudIO card went very smoothly (the Wifi and Ethernet IP address did change, but that's about it!)

paul-
2018-03-25, 14:29
If you are trying to use exfat or want the disk size to display properly on the USB mounts section, from the Main menu, in beta mode.....Press the Hotfix button.

If those options don't matter to you.....then there is no need to do do anything.

AngloCuencano
2018-03-25, 15:38
I did an insitu update from 3.22 to 3.5.0 audiocore. Everything appeared to go OK, audio output was set automatically to Hifiberry DAC+ (and Pro, AMP2) and squeezelite was running. If I attempt to play a file, the web UI shows the file to be playing, but there is no sound. Rebooting and powering down and back on don't help. If I revert to 3.22, everything is fine. I note the initial post mentioned that audiocore is limited to ArmV7, but I believe that should be fine with the Pi 2B.

paul-
2018-03-25, 16:02
I did an insitu update from 3.22 to 3.5.0 audiocore. Everything appeared to go OK, audio output was set automatically to Hifiberry DAC+ (and Pro, AMP2) and squeezelite was running. If I attempt to play a file, the web UI shows the file to be playing, but there is no sound. Rebooting and powering down and back on don't help. If I revert to 3.22, everything is fine. I note the initial post mentioned that audiocore is limited to ArmV7, but I believe that should be fine with the Pi 2B.

Yes, the RPi2 is an armv7 device. What Dac are you using? Hifiberry Dac+ on a RPI3 is working flawlessly. Did you check your digital volume control on the "Card Control" page? Otehrwise more diagnostics is going to be needed.

fsger
2018-03-25, 23:44
Thanks guys for the update it looks like you have made some great improvements but I am struggling to get it to work on my RPI3. Previously I was running PCP 3.22 Audio with an Allo Digione, LMS with a USB SSD mounted and SAMBA to allow me to synch the SSD with my NAS.

The in-situ update from 3.22 Audio to 3.5.0 Audio failed so I flashed the SD-card (2GB) and got the PCP main page via the normal IP address and could set-up Squeezelite for my DigiOne. However, at various stages in the set-up of LMS it looses the connection (forcing the DHCP to be off made no difference). This seems to happen in several circumstances:
1. When expanding the SD card volume to install LMS. Instead of "full card" which failed, I chose 1000MB which worked (usually but not always).
2. If I turn the on-board wifi off (I am using a wired connection)
3. If I try to install Samba (this was after LMS was installed and the volume expanded)
3. After rebooting PCP after selecting DigiOne (this only happened after I had installed LMS, otherwise it would work)

Sometimes after these events I can ping the RPI3, others not, but the web page fails to come up. Powering down and rebooting makes no difference so I have to re-flash the card and start all over again.

hsmeets
2018-03-26, 02:27
Insitu from 3.22 to 3.5.0 on RPI2B worked except for restarting LMS. It said LMS was running but it was not. I had to (re)start LMS manually to get it running. No big deal, probably fixed with 3.5.1 :-)

AngloCuencano
2018-03-26, 07:13
Yes, the RPi2 is an armv7 device. What Dac are you using? Hifiberry Dac+ on a RPI3 is working flawlessly. Did you check your digital volume control on the "Card Control" page? Otehrwise more diagnostics is going to be needed.

I repeated the in situ upgrade to 3.5.0 audiocore, and this time everything worked as expected.

paul-
2018-03-26, 11:27
I repeated the in situ upgrade to 3.5.0 audiocore, and this time everything worked as expected.

Good to know....I wish I knew why some of you are having problems with insitu_updates. I do updates all the time for testing, and never have issues.

psketch
2018-03-26, 12:38
I've got an old HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC which works fine with 3.22, but I can't make Squeezelite on 3.5 see it at all. DMESG seems to see it fine

[ 3.358066] usb 1-1.3: Product: HiFimeDIY DAC
[ 3.358076] usb 1-1.3: Manufacturer: HiFimeDIY Audio
[ 3.372801] input: HiFimeDIY Audio HiFimeDIY DAC as /devices/platform/soc/20980000.usb/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/0003:1852:7022.0001/input/input0
[ 3.383261] hid-generic 0003:1852:7022.0001: input,hidraw0: USB HID v1.00 Device [HiFimeDIY Audio HiFimeDIY DAC] on usb-20980000.usb-1.3/input0

but I don't see anything on the output list apart from CARD=ALSA. Dropped back to 3.22 and the USB outputs appeared again, back to 3.5 - no USB devices.

I tried setting dwc_otg.speed=1 in case it was a USB 2.0 problem, but no difference.

Back to 3.22, and all working again. All my other players all upgraded fine (with different dacs though). Any ideas?

ta

pete S

paul-
2018-03-26, 13:46
Pete,

Can you see and differences in the kernel modules loaded (lsmod) between the two systems.

psketch
2018-03-26, 14:30
Pete,

Can you see and differences in the kernel modules loaded (lsmod) between the two systems.

Hi Paul

I'll take a look tomorrow and report back.

Pete S

Tex
2018-03-26, 14:47
It took about 4 minutes & yes I had to restart the RPi3 but that was expected. Though I don't use all that fancy stuff I really appreciate you guys updating this.
Thanks!

marflao
2018-03-26, 14:52
Good to know....I wish I knew why some of you are having problems with insitu_updates. I do updates all the time for testing, and never have issues.

Just out of curiosity, Paul, should insitu updates work either LMS is installed on the SD card or somewhere else?

Or are there certain prerequisite that this upgrade approach should work?

wl1
2018-03-26, 15:29

No issues here, updated two RPi - thanks again.[emoji106]

ynot1234567890
2018-03-26, 17:07
Hi new to pi core. Nice software, clean sound and nice front end. I ran into a problem using RPI3 and IQAudio DAC+ board. Sounds great and clean until I enable alsa 10 band equalizer. When enabled, the audio pops at a regular interval of 0.5 seconds when there is no music playing. When music is on, no audio pops are detected. Any advice?

Ynot.

paul-
2018-03-26, 19:06
Just out of curiosity, Paul, should insitu updates work either LMS is installed on the SD card or somewhere else?

Or are there certain prerequisite that this upgrade approach should work?

Should not matter at all. I do it all the time with my test setup with LMS.

paul-
2018-03-26, 19:15
Ynot. I don’t have that specific card to test.....Just a thought, Some of the older cards don’t self mute the dac when stopped. You can try to set squeezelite to close alsa when stopped. -c option

marflao
2018-03-26, 21:47
Should not matter at all. I do it all the time with my test setup with LMS.
OK... Thanks.
Strange though.

I'm currently using a "no-name" SD card. Not sure if it would help to get a "brand-name" card. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Yatsushiro
2018-03-27, 03:40
Did 2 in situ upgrades (from 3.22); 1 on a Pi Zero W and 1 on a RPi2 (running an Allo Mini Boss and a Boss, respectively). Upgrade appeared to work, in that both systems rebooted and found the wifi etc, but in both instances, squeezelite was reported as stopped on the main page, and would not restart. LMS is running via Dietpi on an Allo Sparky SBC, version 7.9.0 - 1451894331

Where can I look for more information on what went wrong, and how to fix?

Greg Erskine
2018-03-27, 03:47
Check on the [ Squeezlite Settings ] page.

1. Audio output device settings
2. Output setting

kidstypike
2018-03-27, 03:51
Did 2 in situ upgrades (from 3.22); 1 on a Pi Zero W and 1 on a RPi2 (running an Allo Mini Boss and a Boss, respectively). Upgrade appeared to work, in that both systems rebooted and found the wifi etc, but in both instances, squeezelite was reported as stopped on the main page, and would not restart. LMS is running via Dietpi on an Allo Sparky SBC, version 7.9.0 - 1451894331

Where can I look for more information on what went wrong, and how to fix?

This happens to me sometimes, and is usually the card output setting on the squeezelite page.

stereoptic
2018-03-27, 11:01
Just catching up with this thread today. I'll try an insitu update tonight.
I'm curious - why the jump from 3.2 to 3.5? Or did I miss 3.3 and 3.4? :)

Yatsushiro
2018-03-27, 11:28
Check on the [ Squeezlite Settings ] page.

1. Audio output device settings
2. Output setting

This happens to me sometimes, and is usually the card output setting on the squeezelite page.

Thanks for the advice. Armed with this, I updated my Pi Zero without issue, it rebooted and 'preserved'my previous settings, so didn't need to alter anything.

Just one question, I assume that the 'audio' kernel is not compatible with the piZero?

paul-
2018-03-27, 12:10
Thanks for the advice. Armed with this, I updated my Pi Zero without issue, it rebooted and 'preserved'my previous settings, so didn't need to alter anything.

Just one question, I assume that the 'audio' kernel is not compatible with the piZero?

There is a armv6 AudioKernel, but it's not RT.

The primary reason to use the Audio kernel is that it allows for 384k sample rates.

paul-
2018-03-27, 12:12

No specific reason, other than to get closer to 4.0 :p

psketch
2018-03-27, 12:30
Pete,

Hi Paul

Yes - different lsmod output - 3.5 is loading i2s but not USB for some reason ...

lsmod for 3.5

Module Size Used by
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 7385 0
regmap_mmio 3874 1 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
snd_bcm2835 23054 0
snd_soc_core 178157 1 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
snd_compress 9956 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine 5370 1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm 89526 4 snd_pcm_dmaengine,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_bcm2835, snd_soc_core
snd_timer 22396 1 snd_pcm
snd 59578 5 snd_compress,snd_timer,snd_bcm2835,snd_soc_core,sn d_pcm
fixed 3033 0
squashfs 31730 22
lz4 2699 1
lz4_compress 31601 1 lz4
zram 15170 1
zsmalloc 14957 1 zram
spidev 7220 0
evdev 11644 0
i2c_bcm2835 6465 0
spi_bcm2835 7456 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3718 0
uio 9901 1 uio_pdrv_genirq

lsmod for 3.22

Module Size Used by Not tainted
snd_usb_audio 144148 0
snd_usbmidi_lib 22479 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s 7257 0
snd_rawmidi 23727 1 snd_usbmidi_lib
snd_seq_device 5266 1 snd_rawmidi
snd_soc_core 175840 1 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
snd_hwdep 6479 1 snd_usb_audio
snd_pcm_dmaengine 6002 1 snd_soc_core
snd_bcm2835 23131 0
snd_pcm 97825 5 snd_usb_audio,snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s,snd_soc_core,snd _pcm_dmaengine,snd_bcm2835
snd_timer 22706 1 snd_pcm
snd_compress 10144 1 snd_soc_core
snd 68784 10 snd_usb_audio,snd_usbmidi_lib,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_ device,snd_soc_core,snd_hwdep,snd_bcm2835,snd_pcm, snd_timer,snd_compress
regmap_mmio 3977 1 snd_soc_bcm2835_i2s
fixed 3029 0
squashfs 32090 22
lz4 1667 1
lz4_compress 3289 1 lz4
zram 20493 1
zsmalloc 16158 1 zram
evdev 11746 0
i2c_bcm2835 6433 0
bcm2835_gpiomem 3791 0
spi_bcm2835 7424 0
uio_pdrv_genirq 3718 0
uio 10166 1 uio_pdrv_genirq

Greg Erskine
2018-03-27, 12:54

I thought we went from 3.22 to 3.5.0 :)

ynot1234567890
2018-03-27, 13:44
Ynot. I don’t have that specific card to test.....Just a thought, Some of the older cards don’t self mute the dac when stopped. You can try to set squeezelite to close alsa when stopped. -c option

Actually seems to be working fine with the following alsa settings: 500:4::0:

Tried the -C option but audio clicks appear when you start and stop songs.

As I changed the items buffer and period, the frequency of the pops was changing. Weird.

Thanks for the help. Working nicely now. Ynot.

paul-
2018-03-27, 19:18
Pete,

Please confirm which RPI board and pCP version you are using. If using on a armv6 device and using plain pCPCore, then there is a module missing. I guess I never tested USB on an armv6 device.

After you install 3.5.0 and boot up.....open a ssh session and run

pcp-update alsa-modules-KERNEL

w3wilkes
2018-03-27, 20:03
I built me a PCp using a Pi 3 Model B with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and have loaded up PCp 3.5.0. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful package that should keep the Squeeze things alive indefinitely!

I am older and my higher freq hearing is getting worse. I use the equalizer to help compensate for my hearing loss. Starting at 1 kHz I increment as shown in the Set.jpg (top snip). When I hit the Test button the 1kHz and 2 kHz values change from what I set them at as shown in the Post Test.jpg (bottom snip). The 4, 8 & 16kHz stay as I set them. Is this behavior to be expected?

fsger
2018-03-28, 00:32
It looks like my previously reported issues were due to the power supply. 3.5.0 must have tipped it over the edge. Powering it from a battery I did a fresh install without any issues, including Samba. Thanks for the great work.

psketch
2018-03-28, 01:58
Pete,

Please confirm which RPI board and pCP version you are using. If using on a armv6 device and using plain pCPCore, then there is a module missing. I guess I never tested USB on an armv6 device.

After you install 3.5.0 and boot up.....open a ssh session and run

pcp-update alsa-modules-KERNEL

Hi Paul

Yep - that fixed it. As you guessed, it's an old original model B armv6. I have half a dozen pcp's ranging from originals to Pi3 for the LMS. All worked fine, apart from this one. I have another armv6, but that's connecting via HDMI into an AVR not USB. I haven't checked that that one's actually playing correctly though - will take a check later. This one's cpuinfo is

tc@BathroomPlayer:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
model name : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
BogoMIPS : 697.95
Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0xb76
CPU revision : 7

Hardware : BCM2835
Revision : 000e

Anything else you'd like me to take a look at?

pete S

paul-
2018-03-28, 03:47
Yep - that fixed it.

Anything else you'd like me to take a look at?

pete S

Nope, glad it’s working now.

sbp
2018-03-28, 05:00
I built me a PCp using a Pi 3 Model B with a Hifiberry DAC+ Pro and have loaded up PCp 3.5.0. Thanks so much for creating this wonderful package that should keep the Squeeze things alive indefinitely!

I am older and my higher freq hearing is getting worse. I use the equalizer to help compensate for my hearing loss. Starting at 1 kHz I increment as shown in the Set.jpg (top snip). When I hit the Test button the 1kHz and 2 kHz values change from what I set them at as shown in the Post Test.jpg (bottom snip). The 4, 8 & 16kHz stay as I set them. Is this behavior to be expected?

Thanks for reporting this and I can reproduce it.

I don't know what the problem is right now.
It seems like you need to make adjustments larger than one step - then it works. I also tried using amixer directly and here I see the same - that only steps of two or larger are possible from 66.
Strangely, when I tested other values both above and below 66 I sometimes could make steps of 1 - so for now I really can't see a pattern. But I will take a closer look and see if I can find a solution.

As a work around I think you will need to make adjustments just a little larger.

w3wilkes
2018-03-28, 07:51
Thanks for reporting this and I can reproduce it.

I don't know what the problem is right now.

Thanks, at least I now know it's not something I've done.

psketch
2018-03-28, 13:34
Hi Paul

I've come across a new problem with one of my other players when I upgrading to 3.5.0 - lircd doesn't seem to be working. I have another old armv6 Pi which was running 3.22 fine with lircd configured with an old Microsoft infrared receiver on lirc1 controlling jivelite. I did an inplace upgrade to 3.5 and all's working apart from I was getting no response to infrared. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling lirc, but then I was getting an error and lirc wouldn't start. So, then I took a fresh 3.5 image and configured it from scratch, but it doesn't look like lirc's working. When it's booting up, I got an error message to the tune of "can't open or create <some path which I don't recall> lircd.pid" and lirc won't start.

So, I just tried installing lirc on a completly different armv7 Pi2b player, and it looks like the same problem - lirc won't start there either - install seems to run, but lirc won't start.

So, feels like lirc may be generally broken on 3.5....

pete S

Paul Webster
2018-03-28, 13:48
So, feels like lirc may be generally broken on 3.5....

lirc running fine on my in-situ upgraded 3.50.
I just verified it with a slim remote.

tc@PiTouch:~$ ps -ef | grep lirc
2458 root 0:01 /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --log=/var/log/pcp_lirc.log --uinput
15219 tc 0:00 grep lirc

tc@PiTouch:~$ cat /var/log/pcp_lirc.log
Jan 1 00:00:20 PiTouch lircd: lircd(default) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd

tc@PiTouch:~$ uname -a
Linux PiTouch 4.14.26-pcpCore_v7 #1 SMP Wed Mar 14 23:08:08 EDT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

psketch
2018-03-28, 13:58
lirc running fine on my in-situ upgraded 3.50.
I just verified it with a slim remote.

tc@PiTouch:~$ ps -ef | grep lirc
2458 root 0:01 /usr/local/sbin/lircd --device=/dev/lirc0 --log=/var/log/pcp_lirc.log --uinput
15219 tc 0:00 grep lirc

tc@PiTouch:~$ cat /var/log/pcp_lirc.log
Jan 1 00:00:20 PiTouch lircd: lircd(default) ready, using /var/run/lirc/lircd

tc@PiTouch:~$ uname -a
Linux PiTouch 4.14.26-pcpCore_v7 #1 SMP Wed Mar 14 23:08:08 EDT 2018 armv7l GNU/Linux

Hi Paul

Yes, after my in-situ upgrade it looked like it was working, but just didn't respond for me at all. But, lirc was running. Then, when I've tried to uninstall/reinstall or do a fresh install on a clean 3.5, lirc won't start because it can't find or create lircd.pid. So, for me it looks like if you have an existing install, then lircd.pid is carried forward during the in-situ update, but not created for a new install with 3.5. Don't yet know why it didn't respond post the in-situ update of course as it's now not working at all.

pete S

Jeff07971
2018-03-28, 14:27
My lirc is fine after an insitu update, I have a custom lircd.conf which I had to reload but apart from that its fine

I did a Jivelite update also today and I didn't even have to reload lirc again (even though the help said I would have to)

Jeff

psketch
2018-03-28, 14:47
My lirc is fine after an insitu update, I have a custom lircd.conf which I had to reload but apart from that its fine

I did a Jivelite update also today and I didn't even have to reload lirc again (even though the help said I would have to)

Jeff

Yep, I keep my custom lircd.conf as well, but that didn't work either. However, I think there's two things here. After the insitu update, it seems that lirc is running ok. Mine seemed to be running, but didn't respond to commands. I'll need to investigate that further. My broader point though is that if you try and do a fresh 3.5 install, or remove and re add lirc, I can't get t to run at all, falling to load at boot with the error message I noted above. Can anyone try a fresh install to see if you can get lirc running?

Jeff07971
2018-03-28, 15:24
Yep, I keep my custom lircd.conf as well, but that didn't work either. However, I think there's two things here. After the insitu update, it seems that lirc is running ok. Mine seemed to be running, but didn't respond to commands. I'll need to investigate that further. My broader point though is that if you try and do a fresh 3.5 install, or remove and re add lirc, I can't get t to run at all, falling to load at boot with the error message I noted above. Can anyone try a fresh install to see if you can get lirc running?

If I can find my spare receiver I'll try a fresh install tomorrow and report back

newface
2018-03-28, 22:23

I have had the same issue.
A fresh install of 3,5 LIRC want start.
But if I do a in-situ upgrade, it will start and work fine.

I have tried fresh install on both a zero and a pi3.

Jeff07971
2018-03-29, 02:50
I have had the same issue.
A fresh install of 3,5 LIRC want start.
But if I do a in-situ upgrade, it will start and work fine.

I have tried fresh install on both a zero and a pi3.

@psketch

Confirmed, same behavior with Pi2 B v1.1

Jeff

psketch
2018-03-29, 03:54
@psketch

Confirmed, same behavior with Pi2 B v1.1

Jeff

Thanks @Jeff. OK, done a bit more digging and got to the bottom of it. When you do a fresh 3.5.0 install and then install lirc, or do a remove/reinstall of lirc after an insitu upgrade, the directory /var/run/lirc isn't being created. Then, when lirc is loaded, it can't create lircd.pid in that directory and so fails to load. To prove this, I did

sudo lircd -n -d /dev/lirc1

gives the "can't create lircd.pid" error. But

sudo mkdir -p /var/run/lirc

sudo lircd -n -d /dev/lirc1

lirc runs fine, and if I run irw in a separate window I can see the key presses. Doesn't do any good of course since jivelite doesn't know about this - wrong mapping or something. So, I went back to a clean 3.22 install, reconfigured it, and upgraded again to 3.5.0. The underlying cause of my problem was that for some reason, my IR device changed from being on lirc1 on 3.22, but on lirc0 on 3.5.0. So, post the upgrade, quick change and all working again. However, for Paul, when you add lirc on 3.5.0, it's missing the step to create the /var/run/lirc directory.

ralphy
2018-03-29, 04:50
Which lirc tcz package are you loading in onboot.lst?

$ grep lirc /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst

pcp-lirc.tcz

What is the contents of /usr/local/tce.installed/lirc?

It should look like this.

#!/bin/sh

[ -d /var/run/lirc ] || mkdir -p /var/run/lirc

[ -d /usr/local/var/run ] || mkdir -p /usr/local/var/run

[ -d /usr/local/var/run/lirc ] || ln -s /var/run/lirc /usr/local/var/run/lirc

[ -f /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf ] || cp -p /usr/local/share/lirc/files/lircd.conf /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

psketch
2018-03-29, 05:38
Hi ralphy

grep gives lirc.tcz, not pcp-lirc.tcz

.../lirc is

#!/bin/sh

[ -f /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf ] || cp -p /usr/local/share/lirc/files/lircd.conf /usr/local/etc/lirc/lircd.conf

sbp
2018-03-29, 06:16
Hi Pete

I see the same error during boot - output from do_rebootstuff:

Starting lirc...lircd: can't open or create /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
lircd: No such file or directory
Done.

The reason is probably that the directory is not made:

ls /var/run
crond.pid ntpd.pid squeezelite.pid sshd.pid tcebootload/ udhcpc.eth0.pid utmp

But I have pcp-lirc

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ grep lirc /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst
pcp-lirc.tcz

And lirc contain this

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ cat /usr/local/tce.installed/lirc
#!/bin/sh

EDIT: We also miss /usr/local/run

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls /usr/local
bin/ etc/ lib/ libexec/ sbin/ share/ tce.installed/

So we need to take a look at the lirc package

Paul Webster
2018-03-29, 06:38
Missing /usr/local/var/

This is list from in-situ upgrade where lirc was already installed prior to upgrade

tc@PiTouch:~$ ls /usr/local/var/run
avahi-daemon lirc
tc@PiTouch:~$ ls /usr/local/var/run/lirc
lircd lircd.pid
tc@PiTouch:~$ ls -lrt /usr/local/var/run/lirc
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Jan 1 1970 /usr/local/var/run/lirc -> /var/run/lirc/
tc@PiTouch:~$ ls -lrt /usr/local/var
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 80 Jan 1 1970 run/
tc@PiTouch:~$ ls -lrt /usr/local
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 120 Jan 1 1970 libexec/
drwxrwxr-x 2 tc staff 1320 Jan 1 1970 tce.installed/
drwxr-xr-x 23 root root 460 Jan 1 1970 share/
drwxr-xr-x 9 root root 5520 Jan 1 1970 lib/
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 2680 Jan 1 1970 bin/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 60 Jan 1 1970 var/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 440 Jan 1 1970 sbin/
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 240 Jan 1 1970 etc/
drwxr-xr-x 12 tc staff 920 Jan 1 1970 slimserver/
tc@PiTouch:~$ date
Thu Mar 29 14:39:32 BST 2018

stereoptic
2018-03-29, 09:34
No specific reason, other than to get closer to 4.0 :p
Ah yes, the mind control version. :) I just made a small contribution for the upgrade. I appreciate the pcp crew's dedication to the fine product!

paul-
2018-03-29, 10:08
Ah yes, the mind control version. :) I just made a small contribution for the upgrade. I appreciate the pcp crew's dedication to the fine product!

Thank you for the Donation.

psketch
2018-03-29, 10:12
Hi Pete

I see the same error during boot - output from do_rebootstuff:

Starting lirc...lircd: can't open or create /var/run/lirc/lircd.pid
lircd: No such file or directory
Done.

The reason is probably that the directory is not made:

ls /var/run
crond.pid ntpd.pid squeezelite.pid sshd.pid tcebootload/ udhcpc.eth0.pid utmp

But I have pcp-lirc

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ grep lirc /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst
pcp-lirc.tcz

And lirc contain this

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ cat /usr/local/tce.installed/lirc
#!/bin/sh

EDIT: We also miss /usr/local/run

tc@piCorePlayer:~$ ls /usr/local
bin/ etc/ lib/ libexec/ sbin/ share/ tce.installed/

So we need to take a look at the lirc package

Glad you're able to repro it - let me know if you want me to check anything. Oddly, I see lirc though ...

tc@GymPlayer:~$ grep lirc /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/onboot.lst
lirc.tcz

In the end, this was a fresh 3.22 install, with lirc configured, then upgraded insitu to 3.50 to get it working currently.

pete S

Doryphore
2018-03-29, 10:52
Hello,

I just switched to version 3.5 comma everything works fine for several days.
By cons, since this afternoon I have a problem with the web display , I find myself with this:
http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/03/29/mini_180329075728717742.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/i/180329075728717742.jpg.html)

whereas before I had the normal interface:
http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/03/29/mini_180329075803253661.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/i/180329075803253661.jpg.html)

how to correct this?

Doryphore
2018-03-29, 10:54
Hello,

By cons, since this afternoon I have a problem with the web display , I find myself with this:
http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/03/29/mini_180329075728717742.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/i/180329075728717742.jpg.html)

whereas before I had the normal interface:
http://nsa39.casimages.com/img/2018/03/29/mini_180329075803253661.jpg (http://www.casimages.com/i/180329075803253661.jpg.html)

how to correct this?

mherger
2018-03-29, 11:09

This has nothing to do with pCP. Stop forwarding your port 9000 to the world:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107165-IMPORTANT-Stop-forwarding-your-LMS-ports-to-the-internet!

paul-
2018-03-29, 16:25
We have the repo all straightened out for pcp_lirc.tcz Seems some gremlins leftover from the sourceforge mess.

pcp-lirc is the new extension for 3.5.0

Doryphore
2018-03-29, 21:57
This has nothing to do with pCP. Stop forwarding your port 9000 to the world:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107165-IMPORTANT-Stop-forwarding-your-LMS-ports-to-the-internet!

Hello Thanks for your response, but this port is not forwarding

I tried everything, I can not have the normal web interface, with the jacket! I do not understand

But I will look for it, and not pollute this thread

mherger
2018-03-29, 22:21
> Hello Thanks for your response, but this port is not forwarding

It was yesterday. Good if you closed it.

> I tried everything, I can not have the normal web interface, with the
> jacket! I do not understand

Go to Settings/Interface and pick "Default". And get rid of the "Picture
Gallery" plugin. Because that's what the intruder installed to browse
all the images from your computer.

And if that's not enough, then please open a new thread.

--

Michael

pdeoliveira
2018-03-29, 22:57
Hello,

I've upgraded to version 3.5 and now, I can't change the jivelite autostart to NO.
I've looked inside the code (/home/tc/www/cgi-bin/tweaks.cgi) and found this :

<td class="column150">
<form name="jivelite2" action="writetojivelite.cgi" method="get">
<input type="hidden" name="OPTION" value="JIVELITE">
<input type="hidden" name="ACTION" value="Onboot">
<input type="submit" value="Set Autostart" >
</form>
</td>
<td class="column210">
<input class="small1" type="radio" name="JIVELITE" value="yes" checked>Yes&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input class="small1" type="radio" name="JIVELITE" value="no" >No
</td>

The two buttons "yes" and "no" are outside the form, so that may be the cause of the bug.

What can I do ? As a workaround, is it possible to change the autostart to NO manually (I need to calibrate the touchscreen and I understood I have to disable jivelite first) ?

Furthermore, I have another small question : how can I change the keyboard layout to AZERTY (I'm sorry, I'm french ;-) )

Have a nice day,
Pascal

Greg Erskine
2018-03-30, 01:50
hi pdeoliveira,

Sorry, that was me. :mad:

In /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg set JIVELITE="no".

Don't forget to do a backup. $pcp bu

regards
Greg

psketch
2018-03-30, 02:53
We have the repo all straightened out for pcp_lirc.tcz Seems some gremlins leftover from the sourceforge mess.

pcp-lirc is the new extension for 3.5.0

Thanks. All looks fixed now. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's loaded pcp-lirc and created all the right directories and lic seems to be working fine now.

ralphy
2018-03-30, 05:01
Thanks. All looks fixed now. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it's loaded pcp-lirc and created all the right directories and lic seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for confirming.

paul-
2018-03-30, 07:10
Furthermore, I have another small question : how can I change the keyboard layout to AZERTY (I'm sorry, I'm french ;-) )

I've never done this, but this is the proceedure called out for piCore.

Install extension kmaps.tcz from the extension page. (This extension is hosted on the piCore Repository)

Then if you go to the "Extras / BootCodes" Add your keyboard map to the kmap= line, save, backup and reboot.

kmap=qwertz/de-latin1

Here are the availiable azerty keyboard maps.

azerty/fr-latin9
azerty/wangbe
azerty/be-latin1
azerty/wangbe2
azerty/azerty
azerty/fr
azerty/fr-pc
azerty/fr-latin1

pdeoliveira
2018-03-30, 07:11
Thank you, Greg. It works.

And for changing the keyboard layout to AZERTY, any idea ?

stereoptic
2018-03-30, 15:12
I noticed that the green light on my Pi 3 Model B is blinking once a second or so (no other pattern). Now, I can't be for sure, but I don't think it was doing that before I updated to piCore 3.5 . I've tried a few different power supplies. I'm using a 5V 3.0 with a power switch (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N336XEU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . I've reseated the SD card.

Is it possible that the new version may have something to do with it? Any trouble shooting hints? THe red light is sold, the green blinks. Usually that means it is writing to the SD card from what I gather.

Jeff07971
2018-03-30, 16:48
I noticed that the green light on my Pi 3 Model B is blinking once a second or so (no other pattern). Now, I can't be for sure, but I don't think it was doing that before I updated to piCore 3.5 . I've tried a few different power supplies. I'm using a 5V 3.0 with a power switch (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N336XEU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1) . I've reseated the SD card.

Is it possible that the new version may have something to do with it? Any trouble shooting hints? THe red light is sold, the green blinks. Usually that means it is writing to the SD card from what I gather.

I think that i correct RED LED is power (usually on solid) Green is "Storage Activity". The green LED maybe flashing if you're running LMS or something that uses storage.

My Pcp (PLAYER Only) does not flash the Green at all usually.

Edit: Pcp v3.5

stereoptic
2018-03-30, 18:32
I think that i correct RED LED is power (usually on solid) Green is "Storage Activity". The green LED maybe flashing if you're running LMS or something that uses storage. My Pcp (PLAYER Only) does not flash the Green at all usually.Edit: Pcp v3.5

Thanks. I'm not running LMS on this one. From what I've read, the green light does indicate storage, and usually mine does not flash at all. I'll have to investigate further.

Howard Passman
2018-03-31, 12:58
What are the restrictions on the AP mode? Specifically, when using AP Mode do I have to use wireless for my connection?

Will LMS start if it can't find a connection of any sort? If not, can I force it?

The reason behind asking is I'd like to try using the pCP player in the car. It would be great to use AP Mode and my phone (or Duet Controller) to control it. I tried it, but could not get AP mode to work using ethernet. It would still connect using wifi. And when I tried using wifi without a router being available, LMS would not start.

Thanks,

Howard

paul-
2018-03-31, 14:07
What are the restrictions on the AP mode? Specifically, when using AP Mode do I have to use wireless for my connection?

Will LMS start if it can't find a connection of any sort? If not, can I force it?

The reason behind asking is I'd like to try using the pCP player in the car. It would be great to use AP Mode and my phone (or Duet Controller) to control it. I tried it, but could not get AP mode to work using ethernet. It would still connect using wifi. And when I tried using wifi without a router being available, LMS would not start.

Thanks,

Howard

You cannot use wifi as a client and host. Disable wifi, and then Set LMS up while connected to a hard line, turn on the nomysqueezebox option, to reduce the amount it tries to hit the internet.
Install AP mode (Don't turn on wifi on the wifi page, just goto the APmode page and setup everything.) Reboot, and pull the network cable. The connect the the pCP AP.

I have a pi3b+ with LMS and a Boss Dac on it playing....controlling it with iPeng connected to the pi's AP.

Howard Passman
2018-03-31, 14:26
Thank Paul, I'll give it a try.

Bests,

Howard

You cannot use wifi as a client and host. Disable wifi, and then Set LMS up while connected to a hard line, turn on the nomysqueezebox option, to reduce the amount it tries to hit the internet.
Install AP mode (Don't turn on wifi on the wifi page, just goto the APmode page and setup everything.) Reboot, and pull the network cable. The connect the the pCP AP.

I have a pi3b+ with LMS and a Boss Dac on it playing....controlling it with iPeng connected to the pi's AP.

Howard Passman
2018-03-31, 15:35
That...is...so...cool! Works perfectly. I'm using Christian Erpelding's Squeeze Commander on my phone to control it. I don't know what happened to Christian, but he had the best phone app for SB there is.

The only thing I have left to ask is the behavior when I bring the RPI back in the house. Instead of using the static ip it is set up with, it uses DHCP (Still on eth0) to find a different ip address. Is there a way to get it to recognize the static ip address already set up? The only was I can get it to do that is to stop AP Mode and reboot. Really not a big deal all in all.

Thanks a million,

Howard

Thank Paul, I'll give it a try.

Bests,

Howard

firebelli
2018-03-31, 18:48
Hello paul, first thank you very much for your great work!
Here is my quick feedback.
I did the in-situ upgrade on three pCP, two of them were configured with USB audio.
After the upgrade was completed, I found two USB audio parameters (-o and -a) of two pCP were lost.
Working fine after those parameters were manually re-entered and saved.
regards,
firebelli

paul-
2018-03-31, 20:06
The only thing I have left to ask is the behavior when I bring the RPI back in the house. Instead of using the static ip it is set up with, it uses DHCP (Still on eth0) to find a different ip address. Is there a way to get it to recognize the static ip address already set up? The only was I can get it to do that is to stop AP Mode and reboot. Really not a big deal all in all.

You want a static on eth0, when you plug it in? It's not setup to do that now. The best thing would be to set your home router up to assign the same address based on the MAC address.

JQW
2018-04-01, 04:00
I'll hopefully have another play with 3.5.0 tonight, and try out both the EXfat related hotfix and the access point.

paul-
2018-04-01, 11:14
After the upgrade was completed, I found two USB audio parameters (-o and -a) of two pCP were lost.

That behavior is fully expected. Those 2 parameters get overwritten on an audio card change. An update is handled as an audio card change, as the image comes with the Analog Audio selected.

Howard Passman
2018-04-01, 13:48
On my RPI3B can't seem to get AP working. When setting up the AP, no choices are displayed in Channel.

Worked easily on the RPI3B+. Any suggestions, please.

Thanks,

Howard

paul-
2018-04-01, 14:05
On my RPI3B can't seem to get AP working. When setting up the AP, no choices are displayed in Channel.

Thanks,

Howard

Works fine here. If no channels are displayed, that means the wifi wasn't recognized. Make sure the builtin wifi is not disabled, then reboot.

Howard Passman
2018-04-01, 14:09
Shoot, Looks like it's missing the drivers for WiFi. ???

Thanks,

Howard

Howard Passman
2018-04-01, 14:37
I apologize, I just wiped it and reloaded. Got me going.

Thanks,

Howard

Shoot, Looks like it's missing the drivers for WiFi. ???

firebelli
2018-04-02, 03:51
That behavior is fully expected. Those 2 parameters get overwritten on an audio card change. An update is handled as an audio card change, as the image comes with the Analog Audio selected.
Hi Paul, thank you for your explanation. Clear.

DavidBulluss
2018-04-02, 20:43
Hi, just can not get pCP update to take me from 3.22 to 3.5, continually getting error "Error downloading the Update script" at step 2, downloading files. Using a Raspberry Pi3. I must be missing something!

Cheers, David

JQW
2018-04-03, 08:20
Having playback issues with some albums. They're all ALAC files with embedded artwork, and they appear to be albums using particularly high-resolution images (roughly 1000x1000 pixels). They either don't play at all, or play for just a few seconds before going silent.

If I uninstall the FFMpeg libraries and reboot the player, the files play fine, but of course LMS is having to transcode them prior to streaming.

JQW
2018-04-03, 08:34
I believe I had similar problems with 3.22 too, at least with one album. That was a free download album in 44.1/24 format, and I blamed it on it being 24-bit at the time. As the album wasn't really to my taste, and somewhat badly recorded with over-the-top compression, I've since deleted those files.

paul-
2018-04-03, 08:48
Hi, just can not get pCP update to take me from 3.22 to 3.5, continually getting error "Error downloading the Update script" at step 2, downloading files. Using a Raspberry Pi3. I must be missing something!

Cheers, David

likely a DNS problem. What does the internet and sourceforge status checks show?

DavidBulluss
2018-04-03, 15:57
likely a DNS problem. What does the internet and sourceforge status checks show?

Is that something I run external of pCP? If it is in pCP it is quite well hidden, am running on beta :-)

David

ply3908
2018-04-03, 16:16
I am using the latest pcP and getting a lots of warnings in the log when I using the LMS gui (clicking some Chinese songs or links perhaps). Any idea to fix it please.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1505480690 @ Fri Sep 15 22:32:08 UTC 2017
Hostname: piCorePlayer
IP: 192.168.1.13
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: armv7l-linux
Perl Version: 5.24.0 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

[18-04-03 16:06:23.2633] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning: [16:06:23.2625] Wide character (U+9999) in uc at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Template/Filters.pm line 53.

paul-
2018-04-03, 16:44
Is that something I run external of pCP? If it is in pCP it is quite well hidden, am running on beta :-)

David

Just read the dialog boxes that pop up when you click the update pCP button.

DavidBulluss
2018-04-03, 16:53
Just read the dialog boxes that pop up when you click the update pCP button.

Every thing in step 1 is ok (Internet accessible, Sourceforge accessible, currently running cPC 3.22) Step 2 (downloading update, step 2a removing update script, step 2b downloading update script) then next line is [ ERROR ] Error downloading the Update script.

We are having no other problems reaching websites on internet. I have also tried using a 4g internet modem instead of fixed internet.

David

paul-
2018-04-03, 18:32
Run diagnostics from the main page. Look at the last dialog box. Contents of www/cgi-bin.

Is there any file called insitu_update_stage2. With any extension? If there is, if you can ssh in and remove them.

Only the stage2 files, do not delete stage1

mherger
2018-04-03, 21:30
> I am using the latest pcP and getting a lots of warnings in the log when
> I using the LMS gui (clicking some Chinese songs or links perhaps). Any
> idea to fix it please.

Is it just that warning in the log, or is the page itself corrupted, too?

> [18-04-03 16:06:23.2633] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning:
> [16:06:23.2625] Wide character (U+9999) in uc at
> /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Template/Filters.pm line 53.

--

Michael

DavidBulluss
2018-04-03, 23:45
Run diagnostics from the main page. Look at the last dialog box. Contents of www/cgi-bin.

Is there any file called insitu_update_stage2. With any extension? If there is, if you can ssh in and remove them.

Only the stage2 files, do not delete stage1

Thanks, worked well. Only glitch was that after removing the file I restarted pCP to ensure file removed. It must have repopulated from an archive file, and I still got the error. Removing the stage 2 file and doing update without restarting worked.

Cheers, David

Greg Erskine
2018-04-04, 01:42
hi DavidBulluss,

You should not reboot after you delete the file, it will get restored as you found out. :)

If you feel inclined to do a reboot after you remove the file, you need to do a [Backup] to save current files.

regards
Greg

TimM
2018-04-04, 02:56
Once again updates insitu with only one issue which was easily resolved by visiting here: https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home/List-of-USB-DACs

Once I'd remembered where the DAC settings where hidden it all worked again.

ralphy
2018-04-04, 04:26
Having playback issues with some albums. They're all ALAC files with embedded artwork, and they appear to be albums using particularly high-resolution images (roughly 1000x1000 pixels). They either don't play at all, or play for just a few seconds before going silent.

If I uninstall the FFMpeg libraries and reboot the player, the files play fine, but of course LMS is having to transcode them prior to streaming.

I believe I had similar problems with 3.22 too, at least with one album. That was a free download album in 44.1/24 format, and I blamed it on it being 24-bit at the time. As the album wasn't really to my taste, and somewhat badly recorded with over-the-top compression, I've since deleted those files.

ALAC files that won't play with squeezelite is usually an issue with where the metadata is stored in the file.

Here is one of my posts regarding this issue (http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?107352-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-20&p=890717&viewfull=1#post890717) and a possible fix.

JQW
2018-04-04, 04:52
I suspected it was something wrong with the files - I've already managed to fix one errant album by embedding different artwork. I'll work through fixing the rest.

I currently mirror part of my library to one SSD which is connected to my LMS server - the whole library is just too big to fit on in, and I plan to acquire more SSD storage later. So at the moment I'm mirroring the whole ALAC portion of the library to a portable HD instead. I believe that the Pi 3's power supply has enough grunt to power up this drive. Then working through all of the hundreds of albums is going to take some time!

Howard Passman
2018-04-04, 12:15
Relative to the pCP in my car... When the ignition is turned off, the power to the pCP is lost. Is there a way to have the player always start playing after rebooting from a loss of power and have it play a Random Song mix? A script or something. I do have it set in Tweaks to Auto Start LMS with Randomplay Tracks, but that doesn't seem to do it.

It only takes about 30 seconds to boot up and usually by then I am far enough away from the house that my phone wifi finds the pCP AP automatically. I just would like it to start playing automatically also.

Thanks,

Howard

RPI3B+ pCP 3.50

Greg Erskine
2018-04-04, 13:21
hi Howard Passman,

Did you try "Randomplay Tracks" or "randomplay tracks"?

This command will generate the random playlist but might not resume playing. Not sure how to send 2 commands :confused:

So you could try creating a favorite of the random tracks and use auto start favorites.

Next you could try using User commands. #1 "pcp rand" and #2 "pcp play" or just #1 "pcp rand; pcp play"

I guess there is an extra level of complication when LMS is also being restarted. I don't know if it remembers the previous sessions playlist?

regards
Greg

Howard Passman
2018-04-04, 13:29
Hi Greg,

Yup, I did try "randomplay tracks" and it worked in the house, but for some reason not in the car. I'll try it a few more times to verify.

I have it set in LMS to start playing when it's restarted, so I thought that would do it. I'll try the commands you recommended and see what happens. I'm just trying to get it to the point where I don't have to fool with it when I am pulling out of the driveway.

Thanks and I'll let you know if the commands worked.

Howard

hi Howard Passman,

This command will generate the random playlist but might not resume playing. Not sure how to send 2 commands :confused:

So you could try creating a favorite of the random tracks and use auto start favorites.

Next you could try using User commands. #1 "pcp rand" and #2 "pcp play" or just #1 "pcp rand; pcp play"

I guess there is an extra level of complication when LMS is also being restarted. I don't know if it remembers the previous sessions playlist?

regards
Greg

Howard Passman
2018-04-04, 13:57
Hi Greg,

I gave it a shot and here's what I find. If the pCP is still plugged in to the network using the eth0, everything works. AP, playlist, auto start... However, if you unplug the eth0 connection as you would to use it in the car, the playlist is lost when the pCP starts back up.

Odd behavior.

Thanks,

Howard

hi Howard Passman,

regards
Greg

paul-
2018-04-04, 16:15
Thanks, worked well. Removing the stage 2 file and doing update without restarting worked.

Cheers, David

This issue is fixed going forward from 3.5.0. I found the problem when testings early on, some past failure of the update left that file remnant around.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 08:15
I just built a player with a Pi 3 B+ and the 7” touchscreen and overall it’s freaking awesome!

One issue, it won’t play my m4a files.

I store most of my music in flac and use this (github.com/epatch/docker-beets) Beets docker container to convert to m4a; which is using a compiled ffmpeg that has libfdk-aac codec enabled for transcoding. Here is the Beets ffmpeg string I’m using for AAC:
ffmpeg -i $source -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y -vn -acodec libfdk_aac -vbr 5 $dest

Every transcoded m4a file it comes to will not play, it says something like “failure to open file ...” and skips to the next file it can play, which is one of my mp3 files; I don’t transcode the mp3 files to m4a.

I used a separate SD to try Volumio and it played the exact same m4a files just fine so it’s not a limitation of the Pi. How can I get pCP to work with them? I very much prefer pCP over Volumio. I also tried loading ffmpeg from the main screen of pCP, it didn’t help :-(

This is for a standalone pCP/LMS setup that I’m keeping in my vehicle; which is why I’m using m4a instead of flac, to save space.

EDIT: Another question for something else I just found: How can I make the screesaver options persistent on reboots? I want the screen to turn off for playing, stopped, and off. I have to reset them every time I reboot.

Thank you!

slartibartfast
2018-04-05, 10:43
I just built a player with a Pi 3 B+ and the 7” touchscreen and overall it’s freaking awesome!

I store most of my music in flac and use this (github.com/epatch/docker-beets) Beets docker container to convert to m4a; which is using a compiled ffmpeg that has libfdk-aac codec enabled for transcoding. Here is the Beets ffmpeg string I’m using for AAC:

Every transcoded m4a file it comes to will not play, it says something like “failure to open file ...” and skips to the next file it can play, which is one of my mp3 files; I don’t transcode the mp3 files to m4a.

I used a separate SD to try Volumio and it played the exact same m4a files just fine so it’s not a limitation of the Pi. How can I get pCP to work with them? I very much prefer pCP over Volumio. I also tried loading ffmpeg from the main screen of pCP, it didn’t help :-(

This is for a standalone pCP/LMS setup that I’m keeping in my vehicle; which is why I’m using m4a instead of flac, to save space.

EDIT: Another question for something else I just found: How can I make the screesaver options persistent on reboots? I want the screen to turn off for playing, stopped, and off. I have to reset them every time I reboot.

Thank you!This doesn't answer your question but if you have any albums that require gapless playback bear in mind that LMS has issues with gapless playback of AAC files and you would be better off with mp3.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

bpa
2018-04-05, 10:53

This fees like an issue about the m4a file format. M4A files are in MPEG4 format which is a container for media stream which may be in a number of formats including audio AAC .

There are many options to create an M4A file and some fiuels crrated with a a set of options are not "natively" playable by any LMS player such asSqueezelite (on PCP) or Touch.

If it is a file format issue, to fix the is to either add a convert rule (in a custom-convert.conf file) always to transcode all m4a files using ffmpeg or convert your m4a files into a format which is playable LMS players.

sbp
2018-04-05, 11:34

I would have thought that "Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite" on the main web-page would solve your problem. Did you try to make a "backup" and then reboot?

Thank you!
You will need to save your changed settings before you make your reboot.
So either use the "backup" button on the main webpage (select the "advanced mode" in the bottom) or use the picoreplayer app within Jivelite - and here "save to sd-card"

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 11:50
I would have thought that "Install FFMpeg libraries for Squeezelite" on the main web-page would solve your problem. Did you try to make a "backup" and then reboot?

Honestly I can't remember if I rebooted; I didn't make a backup though. I got so frustrated that I just re-transcoded everything to mp3 at 320kbps and 48KHz and it works great; though it takes up quite a bit more space than the m4a files do. I'll throw a few m4a files back onto it and give it another shot; I definitely prefer the m4a AAC files to mp3. Or do you have a recommendation for better audio quality at small file size than m4a AAC with the settings I'm using above?

You will need to save your changed settings before you make your reboot.
So either use the "backup" button on the main webpage (select the "advanced mode" in the bottom) or use the picoreplayer app within Jivelite - and here "save to sd-card"

I missed this option for saving settings while perusing the UI. Thanks!

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 11:54
Honestly I can't remember if I rebooted; I didn't make a backup though. I got so frustrated that I just re-transcoded everything to mp3 at 320kbps and 48KHz and it works great; though it takes up quite a bit more space than the m4a files do. I'll throw a few m4a files back onto it and give it another shot; I definitely prefer the m4a AAC files to mp3. Or do you have a recommendation of what codec/container I can use for better audio quality at small file size than m4a AAC with the settings I'm using above?

I missed this option for saving settings while perusing the UI. Thanks!

bpa
2018-04-05, 12:04

It's been a longtime since I looked at Squeezlite code but I thought just ffmpeg libs dealt with ALAC and WMA and faad libs did AAC. In which case the faad code cannot handle all M4A file formats.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 12:11
It's been a longtime since I looked at Squeezlite code but I thought just ffmpeg libs dealt with ALAC and WMA and faad libs did AAC. In which case the faad code cannot handle all M4A file formats.

Is there a way to switch to a different faad or other library that will handle them? Or is there anything in my ffmpeg encoding string that I can change to make it compatible?

I specifically made that fork of Linuxserver.io's Beets container so I could use the higher-quality libfdk-aac codec. Did I shoot myself in the foot for not using the default AAC codec?

sbp
2018-04-05, 12:18

I think you are right - my mistake

sbp
2018-04-05, 12:19
Is there a way to switch to a different faad or other library that will handle them? Or is there anything in my ffmpeg encoding string that I can change to make it compatible?

I specifically made that fork of Linuxserver.io's Beets container so I could use the higher-quality libfdk-aac codec. Did I shoot myself in the foot for not using the default AAC codec?

Can you provide us one of the problematic files?

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 12:22
Can you provide us one of the problematic files?

Let me try again, just in case I forgot to reboot or something, if it still doesn't work I'll provide one.

bpa
2018-04-05, 12:25
M4A (aka MPEG-4) files are handled by LMS as the type "mp4" in the convert.conf file.

So what I have used to handle problem M4A files was as follows in a custom-convert.conf file and then disable "native" for "MPEG-4"

mp4 flc * *
# FRB:{BITRATE=-B %B}T:{START=-ss %s}
[ffmpeg] -loglevel quiet -f mp4 $START$ -i $FILE$ -f flac -

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 12:35
Verified that this file (http://semper.srve.io/test.m4a) will not play.

Will transcoding on the fly be a problem for Pi3 B+ running both pCP and LMS on the same Pi? I'm running this as standalone in my vehicle without network.

bpa
2018-04-05, 12:49
Verified that this file (http://semper.srve.io/test.m4a) will not play.

Will transcoding on the fly be a problem for Pi3 B+ running both pCP and LMS on the same Pi? I'm running this as standalone in my vehicle without network.

That file will play OK for me using faad trancoded provided by LMS but not with the faad libraries included in squeezelite.

To confirm this is your probem - try disabling "native" in LMS GUI Setting/Advanced/FileTypes MPEG-4 and then try to play the file.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 12:59
That file will play OK for me using faad trancoded provided by LMS but not with the faad libraries included in squeezelite.

To confirm this is your probem - try disabling "native" in LMS GUI Setting/Advanced/FileTypes MPEG-4 and then try to play the file.

It played after the change. What implications am I looking at playing the m4a files this way? Am I losing any quality due to the transcode by LMS? Is there a way to put the LMS faad onto squeezelite?

bpa
2018-04-05, 13:23
It played after the change. What implications am I looking at playing the m4a files this way? Am I losing any quality due to the transcode by LMS? Is there a way to put the LMS faad onto squeezelite?
No loss in quality. I think the problem is decoding the MPEG-4 file format. The transcoder faad (which uses faad libraries) was extended by LMS to support some MPEG-4 transport formats.
Wouldn't it be better to find a correct conversion since you are coverting flac to MPEG-4

Why not convert to ADTS (AAC in a simple audio file format - no loss in audio) ? Is there a reason for MPEG-4 ? Remember the underlying issue is NOT AAC codec but transport format MPEG-4 options.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 13:42
No loss in quality. I think the problem is decoding the MPEG-4 file format. The transcoder faad (which uses faad libraries) was extended by LMS to support some MPEG-4 transport formats.
Wouldn't it be better to find a correct conversion since you are coverting flac to MPEG-4

Why not convert to ADTS (AAC in a simple audio file format - no loss in audio) ? Is there a reason for MPEG-4 ? Remember the underlying issue is NOT AAC codec but transport format MPEG-4 options.

I'm not dead-set on M4A/AAC, it was just an option I had that would work between my fiance's car, our PMPs, etc... have good audio quality with a relatively small file size. I'm not opposed to using something else; though I'm limited to what Beets and/or dBpoweramp can do.

bpa
2018-04-05, 13:48
I'm not dead-set on M4A/AAC, it was just an option I had that would work between my fiance's car, our PMPs, etc... have good audio quality with a relatively small file size. I'm not opposed to using something else; though I'm limited to what Beets and/or dBpoweramp can do.

I think stick with the suggestion disabling "native" for MPEG-4. It is the simplest option now. It only puts a little load onto the LMS system. You could spend ages trying to find another compatible format for all the different devices.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 13:54
I think stick with the suggestion disabling "native" for MPEG-4. It is the simplest option now. It only puts a little load onto the LMS system. You could spend ages trying to find another compatible format for all the different devices.

LMS and pCP are running on the same device; that's why I didn't want to transcode. I may just do 320kbps 48KHz mp3 for this particular player. I'll have to make two sets of transcoded audio from my source flac files but meh... Or I could just pony up for a larger USB drive and use the source flacs :D

bpa
2018-04-05, 14:01
LMS and pCP are running on the same device; that's why I didn't want to transcode. I may just do 320kbps 48KHz mp3 for this particular player. I'll have to make two sets of transcoded audio from my source flac files but meh... Or I could just pony up for a larger USB drive and use the source flacs :D
AFAIK Transcoding should not be a problem on a PI 3.

I'll check the MPEG-4 format of the file so see if there is an option on the ffmpeg conversion command.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 14:09
AFAIK Transcoding should not be a problem on a PI 3.

I'll check the MPEG-4 format of the file so see if there is an option on the ffmpeg conversion command.

Cool, thanks! I'm not sure how I would even go about doing that... I have MediaInfo, but it just tells me about codec info, which I already know.

paul-
2018-04-05, 14:29
In a single player environment, likely no problems. A rpi3 should have more than enough power to transcode that stream. To do what bpa suggested, you also need to install pcp-ffmpeg.tcz

This can be done from the extension page from the main menu of the web interface. In the Repo line, select the piCorePlayer Sourceforge repo.

bpa
2018-04-05, 16:09
The original conversion command was

Please try the following

ffmpeg -i $source -movflags faststart -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y -vn -acodec libfdk_aac -vbr 5 $dest

Technically, it results in ffmpeg moving the MPEG4 "moov" atom ahead of the "mdat" atom - (i.e. all index and metadata are at start and before audio data) - which makes the file suitable for streaming.

Eric0321
2018-04-05, 18:09
The original conversion command was

Please try the following

ffmpeg -i $source -movflags faststart -ac 2 -ar 44100 -y -vn -acodec libfdk_aac -vbr 5 $dest

Technically, it results in ffmpeg moving the MPEG4 "moov" atom ahead of the "mdat" atom - (i.e. all index and metadata are at start and before audio data) - which makes the file suitable for streaming.

It played after adding that argument. I also changed the transcode setting back to native within the advanced LMS settings.

If you don't mind, for my own curiosity, why does this work with that flag? Thanks!!!! :cool:

bpa
2018-04-06, 01:55
It played after adding that argument. I also changed the transcode setting back to native within the advanced LMS settings.
Good.

If you don't mind, for my own curiosity, why does this work with that flag? Thanks!!!! :cool:
This is long explanation and my understanding but it may have inaccuracies

MEPG-4 is a flexible but complex transport format so there are many ways of laying out data in a file - an MPEG4 file is made up of data "atoms". If a file is played by an application which has access to the file (e.g. a PMP) then the application can jump anywhere in the file (e.g. beginning , middle or end) without a problem. A streaming player can only play a file from beginning to end - it cannot jump to end of file as file is streamed from first byte to last.

AAC audio is organised in frames. The start of each frame has to be identified. In ADTS format (mainly used by HTTP AAC streams) this is done by a special byte sequence at start of each frame. In MPEG4 format, there is an index table with byte offset pointers for each frame. When ffmpeg is converting a file to create an MPEG-4 AAC file, it builds the index table internally but outputs the audio data as it is processed in the "mdat" atom. When all the input file is process, ffmpeg then write the index table (and other data) at the end of the file in a "moov" atom. A file based player can play this file because it can easily jump to end of file to the index, fetch the index and then jump back to start of file and find the audio frames to be played. A streaming player gets the audio first, doesn't know where the frames begin and so halts.

The "-movflags faststart" option make ffmpeg do a second pass on converted file and move the audio data to end of the file so that a streaming player gets and reads the index table first and then when audio data arrives next, the streaming player knows where the frames begin.

Other data such as embedded cover art could also be positioned at the end and this may cause problems to a streaming player.

ply3908
2018-04-06, 14:34
> I am using the latest pcP and getting a lots of warnings in the log when
> I using the LMS gui (clicking some Chinese songs or links perhaps). Any
> idea to fix it please.

Is it just that warning in the log, or is the page itself corrupted, too?

> [18-04-03 16:06:23.2633] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1250) Warning:
> [16:06:23.2625] Wide character (U+9999) in uc at
> /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Template/Filters.pm line 53.
--

Michael

Just warnings in the log. Everything working fine. I just not using the web GUI now.

Eric0321
2018-04-06, 20:14
Good.

This is long explanation and my understanding but it may have inaccuracies

MEPG-4 is a flexible but complex transport format so there are many ways of laying out data in a file - an MPEG4 file is made up of data "atoms". If a file is played by an application which has access to the file (e.g. a PMP) then the application can jump anywhere in the file (e.g. beginning , middle or end) without a problem. A streaming player can only play a file from beginning to end - it cannot jump to end of file as file is streamed from first byte to last.

AAC audio is organised in frames. The start of each frame has to be identified. In ADTS format (mainly used by HTTP AAC streams) this is done by a special byte sequence at start of each frame. In MPEG4 format, there is an index table with byte offset pointers for each frame. When ffmpeg is converting a file to create an MPEG-4 AAC file, it builds the index table internally but outputs the audio data as it is processed in the "mdat" atom. When all the input file is process, ffmpeg then write the index table (and other data) at the end of the file in a "moov" atom. A file based player can play this file because it can easily jump to end of file to the index, fetch the index and then jump back to start of file and find the audio frames to be played. A streaming player gets the audio first, doesn't know where the frames begin and so halts.

The "-movflags faststart" option make ffmpeg do a second pass on converted file and move the audio data to end of the file so that a streaming player gets and reads the index table first and then when audio data arrives next, the streaming player knows where the frames begin.

Other data such as embedded cover art could also be positioned at the end and this may cause problems to a streaming player.

Thank you for all of your assistance and knowledge! I'm happily listening to my m4a files on this new build :cool:

fsger
2018-04-11, 00:26
I had been running 3.22 Audio without any problems and expected an easy upgrade to 3.5.0 Audio. Unfortunately, I spent number of fruitless evenings trying to get a version of 3.5.0 Audio & LMS to run stably (in most cases at some point in the set-up it - usually after LMS was installed - it just failed to respond and I could not even ping my RPi 3 on a hardwired connection). I also tried with several power supplies with the same result (I did get lucky once but when the RPi was restarted I could not connect or ping). I began to suspect the RPi 3 hardware but as a last check I went back to 3.11. It worked perfectly, as did 3.20, 3.21, 3.22, so I tried the non-audio 3.5.0, which also works perfectly - and sounds excellent by the way. Has any one else had similar issues with 3.5.0 Audio with LMS on RPi3? Is it simply that it is too heavy for the RPi3 and needs the RPi3+?

sbp
2018-04-11, 00:54
I had been running 3.22 Audio without any problems and expected an easy upgrade to 3.5.0 Audio. Unfortunately, I spent number of fruitless evenings trying to get a version of 3.5.0 Audio & LMS to run stably (in most cases at some point in the set-up it - usually after LMS was installed - it just failed to respond and I could not even ping my RPi 3 on a hardwired connection). I also tried with several power supplies with the same result (I did get lucky once but when the RPi was restarted I could not connect or ping). I began to suspect the RPi 3 hardware but as a last check I went back to 3.11. It worked perfectly, as did 3.20, 3.21, 3.22, so I tried the non-audio 3.5.0, which also works perfectly - and sounds excellent by the way. Has any one else had similar issues with 3.5.0 Audio with LMS on RPi3? Is it simply that it is too heavy for the RPi3 and needs the RPi3+?

Hi.
I wouldn't use the audio version for a LMS setup - and I suggest only to use it for your squeezelite clients.
So as the normal 3.5.0 version is working with your LMS installed I would stick to that. Personally, I use a RPi3 for my LMS server, with a 1 TB USB HDD attached and I find it very quick and haven't observed any slow-downs with normal use. I think Michael provided some data on the difference in indexing using a RPI3 versus RPi3 B+ somewhere in this thread.

sbp
2018-04-11, 00:57
OK - found Michaels post comparing different RPi's:
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108818-Does-piCorePlayer-3-22-work-on-the-Raspberry-Pi-3B/page3

fsger
2018-04-11, 11:05
Hi.
I wouldn't use the audio version for a LMS setup - and I suggest only to use it for your squeezelite clients.
So as the normal 3.5.0 version is working with your LMS installed I would stick to that. Personally, I use a RPi3 for my LMS server, with a 1 TB USB HDD attached and I find it very quick and haven't observed any slow-downs with normal use. I think Michael provided some data on the difference in indexing using a RPI3 versus RPi3 B+ somewhere in this thread.

Thank you for the advice. PCP 3.5.0 sounds really excellent, so I will probably stick to it. When I have a bit of time, I might buy a 3+ and try playing around with using my RPI3 as the LMS server (I already have a 500GB SSD attached to it) and using the 3+ with PCP 3.5.0 audio as a client, along the lines you suggest.

sbp
2018-04-11, 12:13
Thank you for the advice. PCP 3.5.0 sounds really excellent, so I will probably stick to it. When I have a bit of time, I might buy a 3+ and try playing around with using my RPI3 as the LMS server (I already have a 500GB SSD attached to it) and using the 3+ with PCP 3.5.0 audio as a client, along the lines you suggest.

I would suggest that you use the RPi3B+ as LMS server as it will need the most horsepower, whereas the client can run fine on any RPi you might have

paul-
2018-04-11, 14:24
Previous Audio versions were not Real Time kernels. Server software does not perform well in a Real Time environment. The switch to a real time kernel was to make the "audio" better.....

majones
2018-04-13, 08:19
I'd like to run the mymediaalexa server in parallel with LMS under piCorePlayer. Is this possible? I can download the mymedia_1.3.64.0-1_armhf.deb file, but then "sudo apt-get install ./mymedia_1.3.64.0-1_armhf.deb" doesn't work.

paul-
2018-04-13, 10:13
The base OS for pCP is piCore http://www.tinycorelinux.net/ It does not support standard package tools, that being said most things can be made to run there.

What is the home page for the project? Source Code?

majones
2018-04-13, 10:22
The base OS for pCP is piCore http://www.tinycorelinux.net/ It does not support standard package tools, that being said most things can be made to run there.

What is the home page for the project? Source Code?
Hi Paul. It's https://www.mymediaalexa.com/#section-3. Any help to get it running would be much appreciated.

paul-
2018-04-13, 11:32
It's not open source. So really no interest here.

knutmi
2018-04-14, 08:33
Thanks for very nice work.

majones
2018-04-14, 14:51
It's not open source. So really no interest here.
No problem. Thanks for the steer towards Tiny Core Linux. I'll have a fiddle around.

jbraveman
2018-04-15, 07:26
I have multiple pi's running picoreplayer 3.2 and have had this problem in the past. I'm currently trying to setup a new pi3 model B with a Hifiberry DAC+ with a 5v 2.5A power adapter (canakit). LMS is running on a dedicated windows 10 machine and player is connected via ethernet. After I flash the microSD card with 3.5 (and I've tried 3.22 and 3.2) I am able to access the GUI and change to the hifiberry dac as audio. The player reboots quickly. After I change the settings in squeezelite -- changing the name of the player and putting in the lms address, I can no longer get back into the gui after a reboot or restart. I should say the sometimes the pages do load, but it takes 5-10 minutes or longer. I have unplugged and replugged the device. The player is visible on LMS and does play music. I have tried to access the setup menu via putty. When I type in the picoreplayer command after logging in I get the error message "tc@piCorePlayer:~$ -sh: picoreplayer: not found".

Any idea why this is happening? Last time I think it was related to a weak power adapter.
How do I access the setup options via SSH?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I changed the LMS address from a dyndns address to a regular ip on my local network and this fixed the problem (at least on 3.2). I still would like to know how access the settings menu via the ftp. Thanks.

paul-
2018-04-15, 08:09
There is no configuration via ftp or ssh. There is a setup command from ssh, but that is only for setting up the networking of the player. If you can ssh in,

type

tc@piTouch:~$ cat /var/log/pcp_boot.log

and

tc@piTouch:~$ cat /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg

and post the what is the result of the 2 commands.

If there is only one instance of LMS running, and they are on the same network, there is no reason to put the server ip address in the squeezelite config page. LMS should never be running on an internet accessible IP or port.....

Howard Passman
2018-04-15, 09:48
I've thought about where to post this and I think this is the correct forum. I have two pCP's. One on a RPI3B and one on a RPI3B+. I don't think this makes any difference, but what do I know. Ill answer that. Nothing.

On the RPI3B, using the command "pcp rand" in the tweaks page of pCP, the player starts playing a random mix of songs when it reboots. The behavior is the same if it's just a reboot or a hard start.

On the RPI3B+, it does not, in either type of start up.

Both are running pCP 3.50 and the latest LMS software. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling "Random Mix" and if it was acting the same on both players/servers I would say it was in the LMS.

Any thoughts on why or how to track it down?

P.S. did notice in the config.cfg file on the SB3B+ that AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". I deleted it in the .cfg file and made sure it wasn't in the backup file. For some reason it comes back. That seems to be the only difference in the two pCP players.

Thanks,

Howard

kidstypike
2018-04-15, 10:19
I've thought about where to post this and I think this is the correct forum. I have two pCP's. One on a RPI3B and one on a RPI3B+. I don't think this makes any difference, but what do I know. Ill answer that. Nothing.

On the RPI3B, using the command "pcp rand" in the tweaks page of pCP, the player starts playing a random mix of songs when it reboots. The behavior is the same if it's just a reboot or a hard start.

Both are running pCP 3.50 and the latest LMS software. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling "Random Mix" and if it was acting the same on both players/servers I would say it was in the LMS.

P.S. did notice in the config.cfg file on the SB3B+ that AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". I deleted it in the .cfg file and made sure it wasn't in the backup file. For some reason it comes back. That seems to be the only difference in the two pCP players.

Thanks,

Howard

Just a wag, it's nothing to do with the setting at LMS > Settings > Player tab > your player > Power on Resume?

Howard Passman
2018-04-15, 10:23
I appreciate the wag at it. Both are set at "Pause at power off/Resume at power on". I have tried it the other way though.

Thanks,

Howard

Just a wag, it's nothing to do with the setting at LMS > Settings > Player tab > your player > Power on Resume?

Howard Passman
2018-04-15, 15:19
Alright, I realize I might be being a bit of a pest here, but I thought I would give this one more try after narrowing this down to the AP Mode.

I won't go over the entire thing I'm trying to do, but suffice it to say that if you are using APMode, commands from "Auto start LMS" and/or "User command" on the "Tweaks" page do not work. Even using commands from winscp do not work. Turn off APmode and they work fine from all three places.

Thanks,

Howard

Greg Erskine
2018-04-15, 15:32
I have multiple pi's running picoreplayer 3.2 and have had this problem in the past. I'm currently trying to setup a new pi3 model B with a Hifiberry DAC+ with a 5v 2.5A power adapter (canakit). LMS is running on a dedicated windows 10 machine and player is connected via ethernet. After I flash the microSD card with 3.5 (and I've tried 3.22 and 3.2) I am able to access the GUI and change to the hifiberry dac as audio. The player reboots quickly. After I change the settings in squeezelite -- changing the name of the player and putting in the lms address, I can no longer get back into the gui after a reboot or restart. I should say the sometimes the pages do load, but it takes 5-10 minutes or longer. I have unplugged and replugged the device. The player is visible on LMS and does play music. I have tried to access the setup menu via putty. When I type in the picoreplayer command after logging in I get the error message "tc@piCorePlayer:~$ -sh: picoreplayer: not found".

Any idea why this is happening? Last time I think it was related to a weak power adapter.
How do I access the setup options via SSH?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I changed the LMS address from a dyndns address to a regular ip on my local network and this fixed the problem (at least on 3.2). I still would like to know how access the settings menu via the ftp. Thanks.

hi jbraveman,

I think this is a network (or wifi?) issue. You normally don't need to assign the LMS IP address.

If it initially works, then only change one setting at the time to determine what you are doing wrong and don't do it! :D

regards
Greg

Greg Erskine
2018-04-15, 15:52

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Howard,

I am a little confused reading your post so I'll just make a couple of points.

"pcp rand" generates a random playlist for the player. It doesn't need a restart or reboot maybe just a play command. ie. "pcp rand; pcp play". In fact if you shutdown and leave it off for 10 or 15 minutes LMS will forget the player, including the playlist.

"pcp rand" has nothing to do with AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". This feature means the player will generate and play a new random playlist when rebooted.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. I play random all the time, I don't using use any autostart features. By default, if you are playing a random playlist, and reboot pCP, it will just continue playing the random playlist.

Are you running multiple instances of LMS on your network? This can be very confusing.

Use the web interface for settings as much as possible. Doing it manually only adds to the problem. If you do decide to manual changes you need to do a "backup" to make the changes persistent. Remember that piCorePlayer is mainly in RAM, changes vanish after a reboot unless you backup.

regards
Greg

Howard Passman
2018-04-15, 15:59
Hi Greg,

What I've been trying to do is use a pCP in my car, so the APmode was a god send. But, no matter if you use the LMS settings or the Tweaks, the player will not reboot and start playing a playlist. It always looses the previous playlist I'm assuming because it looses power from the car.

However, what I found from just trying this in the house is it behaves the same way. If APmode is on none of the commands from Tweak or LMS do anything.

I did another post explaining that a little while ago. I may be confusing the matter.

Thanks,

Howard

Hi Howard,

I am a little confused reading your post so I'll just make a couple of points.

"pcp rand" generates a random playlist for the player. It doesn't need a restart or reboot maybe just a play command. ie. "pcp rand; pcp play". In fact if you shutdown and leave it off for 10 or 15 minutes LMS will forget the player, including the playlist.

"pcp rand" has nothing to do with AUTOSTARTLMS="randomplay+tracks". This feature means the player will generate and play a new random playlist when rebooted.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. I play random all the time, I don't using use any autostart features. By default, if you are playing a random playlist, and reboot pCP, it will just continue playing the random playlist.

Are you running multiple instances of LMS on your network? This can be very confusing.

Use the web interface for settings as much as possible. Doing it manually only adds to the problem. If you do decide to manual changes you need to do a "backup" to make the changes persistent. Remember that piCorePlayer is mainly in RAM, changes vanish after a reboot unless you backup.

regards
Greg

Greg Erskine
2018-04-15, 19:32
Arh AP mode. That explains it. :cool:

I wasn't keeping track... :(

huxmut
2018-04-15, 23:18
Hi pCP Team,
This might be a question better asked in the Jivelite thread, but i thought I'd start here first. Sorry if i'm in the wrong thread.
I have a playlist of internet radio stations set to auto start and all is working well there, but I'd love it if the VU meter visualisations page was the default screen.
I currently have the playlist on the screen as default.
Is there any little CLI magic that can be added ?

Howard Passman
2018-04-16, 04:10
Hi Greg,

Was this response for me??

Thanks,

Howard

Arh AP mode. That explains it. :cool:

I wasn't keeping track... :(

paul-
2018-04-16, 06:19
That makes sense, in 3.5.0, the code to pickup the address of the LMS server didn't always work for the local instance. I'm working on this for the next version.....

Your best bet is to hard code the command to the cli.

( echo "12:34:56:78:90 randomplay tracks"; echo exit ) | busybox nc 10.10.10.1 9090 > /dev/null

*Note you need to set the mac address of your player, and the ip address of the server.

paul-
2018-04-16, 06:23
Hi pCP Team,
This might be a question better asked in the Jivelite thread, but i thought I'd start here first. Sorry if i'm in the wrong thread.
I have a playlist of internet radio stations set to auto start and all is working well there, but I'd love it if the VU meter visualisations page was the default screen.

You can set it in the jivelite menus.....I forget the path, and I don't have it in front of me right now. If you don't find it, I can look when I get home.

Howard Passman
2018-04-16, 08:37
HI Paul,

Sorry, where do I hard code the command?

Thanks for your help on this.

Howard

That makes sense, in 3.5.0, the code to pickup the address of the LMS server didn't always work for the local instance. I'm working on this for the next version.....

Your best bet is to hard code the command to the cli.

( echo "12:34:56:78:90 randomplay tracks"; echo exit ) | busybox nc 10.10.10.1 9090 > /dev/null

*Note you need to set the mac address of your player, and the ip address of the server.

paul-
2018-04-16, 09:39
Wherever you are trying to use "pcp rand". Replace it with the above command there. Make sure to check the player mac address and the IP address of the LMS server.

Howard Passman
2018-04-16, 10:50
Hi Paul,

Gave it a try, but neither place on the Tweak screen will take it due to invalid characters...

Tried in winscp open terminal just to see if it started the player and it did not.

Thanks,

Howard

Wherever you are trying to use "pcp rand". Replace it with the above command there. Make sure to check the player mac address and the IP address of the LMS server.

Howard Passman
2018-04-16, 11:02
Sorry Paul. I took the quotes out and tried again. It takes the command, but still doesn't start playing or create a random mix.

Thanks,

Howard

chill
2018-04-16, 13:46
I've been trying to get a Pi Zero W working in place of a 3B, but I can't get it to see my Dacmagic. The 3B detects a whole bunch of output devices when the Dacmagic is connected, and the option 'front:CARD=Set,DEV=0' works well.

Squeezelite found these output devices:

null
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
sysdefault:CARD=Set
front:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround21:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround40:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround41:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround50:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround51:CARD=Set,DEV=0
surround71:CARD=Set,DEV=0
iec958:CARD=Set,DEV=0

But with the Zero plugged in in place of the 3B, it only detects these devices:

Squeezelite found these output devices:

null
sysdefault:CARD=ALSA
sysdefault:CARD=sndrpirpidac

Both Pi units are running pCP 3.5.0, and have the 'Audio output device settings' set to 'USB audio'. Am I missing a step?

paul-
2018-04-16, 20:12
Check this post Chill https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108852-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-5-0&p=910417&viewfull=1#post910417

I've added this to the front page of this thread.

paul-
2018-04-16, 20:17
Hi pCP Team,

Now that I look, I don't think you can set the default, but you can turn off all of the other views, so that is the only thing available. Perhaps it might be a question to post in the jivelite thread.

To turn off screens available for now playing
Goto Settings | Screen | Now Playing | Now Playing Views

mherger
2018-04-16, 22:41
> Now that I look, I don't think you can set the default, but you can turn
> off all of the other views, so that is the only thing available.
> Perhaps it might be a question to post in the jivelite thread.

You should be able to make whatever screen default if you backup your
pcp configuration after you selected your view. I think I had to do this
when I wanted to make the large artwork NP screen default on the 7" display.

--

Michael

chill
2018-04-16, 23:43
Check this post Chill https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108852-Announce-piCorePlayer-3-5-0&p=910417&viewfull=1#post910417

That fixed it, thanks Paul.

Chris

huxmut
2018-04-17, 05:49
You can set it in the jivelite menus.....I forget the path, and I don't have it in front of me right now. If you don't find it, I can look when I get home.

Thanks Paul. I'll try and find it tomorrow. I've run out of time to look tonight (but i did chill to radio paradise so that's my excuse :) )

psketch
2018-04-17, 07:05

FYI, as the OP of this, running the alsa-update certainly fixes the problem with USB audio on armv6 with pcp 3.5.0

kappclark
2018-04-18, 04:19
FYI - Just did the upgrade from 3.22 to 3.5 .. seamless. Updated info on USB audio and RPi reconnected to LMS .. under 10 mins ..

Thank You for your upgrades, efforts and support.

huxmut
2018-04-19, 01:34
Now that I look, I don't think you can set the default, but you can turn off all of the other views, so that is the only thing available. Perhaps it might be a question to post in the jivelite thread.

To turn off screens available for now playing
Goto Settings | Screen | Now Playing | Now Playing Views

> Now that I look, I don't think you can set the default, but you can turn
> off all of the other views, so that is the only thing available.
> Perhaps it might be a question to post in the jivelite thread.

You should be able to make whatever screen default if you backup your
pcp configuration after you selected your view. I think I had to do this
when I wanted to make the large artwork NP screen default on the 7" display.

--

Michael

Thanks Paul. I'll try and find it tomorrow. I've run out of time to look tonight (but i did chill to radio paradise so that's my excuse :) )

Thanks Paul and mherger, sorry for the delay reporting back.
Michael was right, backup to uSD card while on the desired screen is what i was after.
I'd never performed the backup while being on that screen :eek:

As always, many thanks to all the devs of pCP and all the other devs of magic code in the LMS ecosystem. You make our lives a little bit nicer with your clever heads :)

jbraveman
2018-04-19, 12:44
hi jbraveman,

I think this is a network (or wifi?) issue. You normally don't need to assign the LMS IP address.

If it initially works, then only change one setting at the time to determine what you are doing wrong and don't do it! :D

regards
Greg

I use one my pi's from work to access my LMS server at home (running on a dedicated windows machine). Since I don't have network access at work I have to configure the player at home. I just noticed the strange behavior when trying to setup a new player. Thanks for the feedback.

cubii
2018-04-19, 13:02
Hi there,

Thank you all for the new version.

I tried the Acesss Point feature, and it works great.

But if i want to switch back to normal wifi use, it breaks the system.

Steps is used:

1. Deactivate AP Autostart
2. Reboot

Result was:
No connection to home-network possible.

I added one time the newconfig file with my wifi creditentials t the sd card, and it connected again, but picoreplayer used the standard config, not mine (it was completly resetted)

Anybody tried the AP feature and tried to switch back to wifi homentwork?

cubii

paul-
2018-04-19, 13:59
Switching from AP mode directly to wifi has not been tested, and likely wont work. Plug into ethernet to make the changes, and it should work fine.

cubii
2018-04-20, 11:07
As always, very fast answer!

Plug into ethernet to make the changes, and it should work fine.

Ok, then i will use a second sd card for that purpose, this makes switching between local use and on the road use (with Acsess Point) an option.
I have a raspi zero wifi, so ethernet is not an option (without usb adapter)

Thanks again, paul-!

Donated finally a small amount; perhaps someonelese also wants to donate something?: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=U7JHY5WYHCNRU&lc=GB&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonH osted

paul-
2018-04-20, 19:22
LMS development just moved to 7.9.2. Just a reminder if you want to keep getting nighties, you will need to follow this procedure.

http://picoreplayer.sourceforge.net/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml

ian_heys
2018-04-20, 22:54
Just a reminder if you want to keep getting nighties

An interesting thought for the day.

ian_heys
2018-04-20, 23:00
Updated using procedure - thanks Paul.

kidstypike
2018-04-20, 23:27
LMS development just moved to 7.9.2. Just a reminder if you want to keep getting nighties, you will need to follow this procedure.

Thanks Paul.
Remembering to change 7.9.1 to 7.9.2?

jemhayward
2018-04-21, 01:40
Just realised I posted this in the old thread, so here I go again:

I've just build a PiCorePlayer on an old RPi 2 to use as a music player while we are on holiday. I am going to use a 64GB usb stick as my music repository, and run PcP in access point mode and control it from my phone.

All my music is on the server at home, but there isn't a free USB socket on the server, and it's not easily accessible anyway, so I thought I'd just set up Samba on the PcP and connect my Win2008(Home Server) to the share and push the albums I want onto the stick.

But I cannot get the windows machine to authorise on the share though the share is visible. I'm sure I've done this before, and it should be simple, surely? I'm obviously doing something stupid, but what?

The windows machine says network path not found, and / or bad username or password.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/927/27727352948_d217d72936.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JfaW2s)samba (https://flic.kr/p/JfaW2s) by Jem Hayward (https://www.flickr.com/photos/12514822@N04/), on Flickr

P.S. just realised that the PcP doesn't appear in the 'Network' on the windows machine (but nothing else on my network, like the other RPis and the SBTs or my Macs do either)
Also, I have same authentication issues if I try to connect to the samba share from my Macbook.

kidstypike
2018-04-21, 01:54
Just realised I posted this in the old thread, so here I go again:

I've just build a PiCorePlayer on an old RPi 2 to use as a music player while we are on holiday. I am going to use a 64GB usb stick as my music repository, and run PcP in access point mode and control it from my phone.

All my music is on the server at home, but there isn't a free USB socket on the server, and it's not easily accessible anyway, so I thought I'd just set up Samba on the PcP and connect my Win2008(Home Server) to the share and push the albums I want onto the stick.

But I cannot get the windows machine to authorise on the share though the share is visible. I'm sure I've done this before, and it should be simple, surely? I'm obviously doing something stupid, but what?

The windows machine says network path not found, and / or bad username or password.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/927/27727352948_d217d72936.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/JfaW2s)samba (https://flic.kr/p/JfaW2s) by Jem Hayward (https://www.flickr.com/photos/12514822@N04/), on Flickr

Have you set USB mount, same page higher up than your picture?

Reboot?

jemhayward
2018-04-21, 02:35
Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!

mcduman
2018-04-21, 03:05

just migrated to 7.9.2 and tidal gives 400 connection error. anybody can replicate the problem?

jemhayward
2018-04-22, 05:28
Yes, it was something stupid... I'd not mounted the disc - well, I had, but it seems to have got unmounted by accident!

BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!

paul-
2018-04-22, 06:21
BUT... I've just fitted a larger USB stick, mounted it, and reset the share name, and I cannot authorise from windows or Mac again...

this time, I've tried everything, and even ssh in ald tried ls /var/log/%m.log which I think is the location of the samba log file, but it says that there is no such file or directory 8-(

this was supposed to be a time saving exercise!

Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.

jemhayward
2018-04-22, 07:17
Lol.....mixing Unix and windows machines is not always eazy. What format is the usb stick? Fat32 works best for music storage. Ntfs works too, but you can run into Unix permission issues.

I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...

Man in a van
2018-04-22, 07:47
I started with FAT but when that didn't work, I went to NTFS, and got it to work on the 8GB stick, but not on the 64GB, which I also formatted to NTFS.

I've removed a USB backup disk from my server, and have plugged the stick into the server and I am now transferring the files that way, but on principle, I'd like to get the samba stuff working, so I can update the stick later...

Jem,

Earlier this year I tested a pCP set up with Samba.

It did work (I had to try the configuration routine about three times or so before I did everything in the correct order :o:o:rolleyes:).

But don't hold your breath whilst waiting:p:)

Ronnie

Man in a van
2018-04-22, 08:10
Just like to thank the team for the ability to use the Wolfson/Cirrus Logic Audio Card.

The set-up is a lot simpler than using the standard Squeezelite package :)

Ronnie

ghulse
2018-04-24, 07:34
Sorry if this is a basic question. What is recommended PiCore version for a Rasberry Pi 2 Model B with HiFiBerry Digi+? Will the Audio optimized version of pCP3.5.0 be the best version?

huxmut
2018-04-24, 15:33
Sorry if this is a basic question. What is recommended PiCore version for a Rasberry Pi 2 Model B with HiFiBerry Digi+? Will the Audio optimized version of pCP3.5.0 be the best version?

I use the 'non-audio' versions ... Audio version is kernal tweaks but you lose some functionality (used to anyway, not sure with current version)
Just go with the normal 3.5.0 version ghulse :)

ghulse
2018-04-24, 18:04
I use the 'non-audio' versions ... Audio version is kernal tweaks but you lose some functionality (used to anyway, not sure with current version)
Just go with the normal 3.5.0 version ghulse :)

Thanks, I did see some notes on the audio-enhanced version that said you might experience some Wi-fi issues, so I will take your advice. Thanks.

Thanks again to the PiCore team for all that you do.

paul-
2018-04-24, 19:42
The audio version is designed for those that care about latency. So using any of the extra stuff in pCP that might increase latency could create problems. (i.e. server, wifi)

Go for the regular version.

Mnyb
2018-04-25, 09:23
Hello piCore team .

Trying an institute upgrade i get this:

[ INFO ] Internet accessible.
[ INFO ] Sourceforge repository accessible.
[ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer3.10

Then i press next and we have :

[ INFO ] You are downloading the Update script.
[ INFO ] Step 2A. - Removing the old Update script...
[ INFO ] Step 2B. - Downloading the new Update script...
[ ERROR ] Error downloading the Update script.

paul-
2018-04-25, 09:31
Hello piCore team .

Trying an institute upgrade i get this:

[ INFO ] Internet accessible.
[ INFO ] Sourceforge repository accessible.
[ INFO ] You are currently using piCorePlayer3.10

Then i press next and we have :

[ INFO ] You are downloading the Update script.
[ INFO ] Step 2A. - Removing the old Update script...
[ INFO ] Step 2B. - Downloading the new Update script...
[ ERROR ] Error downloading the Update script.

To be honest, I think it would be more reliable to start with a new image, and then use the newconfig method of upgrading. I don't test multiple version jumps in the update process. That way your 3.10 image doesn't get wrecked.

3.10 was using an old repo, and there was some "fixing" that had to be done to get it to upgrade.

Mnyb
2018-04-25, 09:46
To be honest, I think it would be more reliable to start with a new image, and then use the newconfig method of upgrading. I don't test multiple version jumps in the update process. That way your 3.10 image doesn't get wrecked.

3.10 was using an old repo, and there was some "fixing" that had to be done to get it to upgrade.

OK then , i'll try that later

Mnyb
2018-04-25, 10:27
New Q trying out the new 3.5.0 on my other RPi .

How to set : "Unmute ALSA control and set to full volume". ? what should i write in the box
This player is always on 100% volume

Set ALSA control to unmute and set to full volume (-U) less>

<control>

Unmute ALSA control and set to full volume.

Note: Not supported with -V option.

You have the following audio cards/controls:

Card 0: ALSA - Control: PCM
Card 1: sndrpihifiberry - Control: Tx Source

Mnyb
2018-04-26, 08:23
OK then , i'll try that later

Ok did the uppgrade with config file on USB stick went well , some settings did not carry over like static-ip and some more ,but the harder to remember tweaks and squeezelite settings did .
So this was easy enough to do .

I have a bunch of SD cards to try with i always keep a working one from previus version , its very easy to roll back that way.

SO now I have two working 3.5.0 piCores (before one piCore 3.1 and one max2play) great job team :)

One of the is the audio version too , just to try it .

Anyone care to explain more on how to use the -U option , if needed and whatnot ?

paul-
2018-04-26, 13:45
Ok did the uppgrade with config file on USB stick went well , some settings did not carry over like static-ip and some more ,but the harder to remember tweaks and squeezelite settings did .
So this was easy enough to do .

I have a bunch of SD cards to try with i always keep a working one from previus version , its very easy to roll back that way.

SO now I have two working 3.5.0 piCores (before one piCore 3.1 and one max2play) great job team :)

One of the is the audio version too , just to try it .

Anyone care to explain more on how to use the -U option , if needed and whatnot ?

The -U option will only work with normal software volume control. If you are using the -V option to use the digital volume control, then -U does not work. There is a soundcard configuration button at the top of the page by the sound card selection that would have more relevant controls for your card.

foxsam
2018-04-27, 08:59
I am running piCorePlayer 3.5.0 and I am having trouble finding if there is a setting to start playing on reboot.
If the player is playing and I reboot (using "pcp rb") when it comes back online it starts playing again. On my server it is set to stay powered off. And the pi is not seemingly set to do anything besides autostart squeezelite but nothing in regards to playing....

What am I missing?

surfatwork
2018-04-27, 09:42
Hi,

Thanks for PcP.
I am trying an insitu uprgade from 3.22 to 3.5.0 (Audio version)
It gets to "Succesfully downloaded insitu.cfg", but nothing happens when I hit next after that. I get a page with the PcP banner.
Tried deleting the stage 2 files, as per an earier post, and tried upgrading again without a reboot. No luck.

Plenty of space on mmcblk0p2
Internet connection is fine

What do I check next?

paul-
2018-04-27, 12:52
I am running piCorePlayer 3.5.0 and I am having trouble finding if there is a setting to start playing on reboot.
If the player is playing and I reboot (using "pcp rb") when it comes back online it starts playing again. On my server it is set to stay powered off. And the pi is not seemingly set to do anything besides autostart squeezelite but nothing in regards to playing....

What am I missing?

Look on the tweaks page, there is an autostart favorites. You might need to move to beta mode.

foxsam
2018-04-27, 13:42
Of course I checked there first. It is disabled, and besides it does not play a favorite it plays what it was last playing. BTW to repeat it only happens if it was in middle of playing. If i stop and then reboot it does not play unless I tell it to.

Ge Ba
2018-04-27, 14:47
totally not understanding what you are trying to achieve.
If it was playing, it will resume playing after reboot. If it's stopped, it will remain stopped. What else would you want it to do..
What am I missing... [emoji6]
Of course I checked there first. It is disabled, and besides it does not play a favorite it plays what it was last playing. BTW to repeat it only happens if it was in middle of playing. If i stop and then reboot it does not play unless I tell it to.

Greg Erskine
2018-04-27, 14:47
hi foxsam,

I think you will find it works as designed.

I believe the LMS "Power On Resume" setting only applies to the software "Power on/off" buttons found in the web interface, jivelite or smart app.

Hardware rebooting piCorePlayer will just continue playing the current playlist. This happens because a reboot only takes a minute and LMS still remembers the player "current playing details". This is a good feature, I use it all the time.

If you do a hardware shutdown, leave it off for 10 or 15 minutes, LMS will forget the player "current playing details", so it will start with nothing playing.

So for hardware rebooting/shutdown, you need to set the "Autostart" features to tell piCorePlayer what to do.

Conceivably, you could put the LMS "stop" command in the Autostart LMS command. It will probably resume playing for a split second then stop after a hard reboot.

Anyway, this is how I picture it all working. :D

regards
Greg

huxmut
2018-04-27, 17:08
as well as auto start options in pCP the LMS has a per player setting for 'Power On', it's under

//settings/player/audio/power on resume

there are a few options around
playback - pause or stop on power off, and
playlist - remain or restart or reset on power on

edit - I think it defaults to - pause at power off with resume at power on

M-H
2018-04-29, 02:58
Hi guys ,
I need some help to get my USB hub+nic working on a PizeroW running pcp3.5.0 regular.
The pi is running and playing OK and has the internal WiFi nic running fine through .
The USB part seems OK and dmesg reports :

[ 1.542238] usb 1-1: new high-speed USB device number 2 using dwc_otg
[ 1.542394] Indeed it is in host mode hprt0 = 00001101
[ 1.822734] usb 1-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1a40, idProduct=0101
[ 1.822752] usb 1-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
[ 1.822759] usb 1-1: Product: USB 2.0 Hub
[ 1.823557] hub 1-1:1.0: USB hub found
[ 1.823684] hub 1-1:1.0: 4 ports detected
[ 2.142225] usb 1-1.2: new full-speed USB device number 3 using dwc_otg
[ 2.274804] usb 1-1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=0fe6, idProduct=9700
[ 2.274824] usb 1-1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=0, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 2.274832] usb 1-1.2: Product: USB 2.0 10/100M Ethernet Adaptor
and lsusb shows:

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0fe6:9700
to get the drivers loaded I verified net-usb-4.14.26-pcpCore.tcz is available on the system.
however the assumed r8152.ko does not load, nor any other and in the dir
/usr/local/lib/modules/4.14.26-pcpCore/kernel/net/
I cant find a 'usb' subdir that could/should hold the .ko files.

What am I missing here? Or did I stumble on a missing part in the repository ? Could it be the ARMv6 set I need for this zero v.s. the more used ARMv7 set ? ( unfortunately I can't test this device on a different Pi, no usb adapter )

Any pointers are appreciated.
Regards M-H

Greg Erskine
2018-04-29, 05:48
hi M-H,

You need to actually load the extension. By default, it is on the SD card image but not loaded.

So, [ Main Page ] in [ Advanced ] mode, selection [ Extensions ].

Scroll to "net-usb-4.14.26-pcpCore.tcz" in the [ Uninstalled extensions ] then select [ Install ].

Maybe a [ Backup ] then [ Reboot ]

regards
Greg

M-H
2018-04-29, 08:24
Hi Greg,
Indeed I must have somehow forgotten to reboot properly, in the sequence of selecting , downloading, installing.
While testing with another USB device, it suddenly worked. and revering back to the first one, it also still worked , and a third one also.
So I can only imagine the reboot has been done on the wrong moments :-( , it must have been to late to have proper concentration.

BTW the chip/driver is different from what I expected :

[ 20.403141] sr9700 1-1:1.0 (unnamed net_device) (uninitialized): Error reading MAC address
[ 20.403773] usbcore: registered new interface driver sr9700
[ 20.480047] brcmfmac: power management disabled
[ 20.490109] dm9601 1-1:1.0 eth0: register 'dm9601' at usb-20980000.usb-1, Davicom DM96xx USB 10/100 Ethernet, 00:e0:4c:53:44:58
[ 20.500395] usbcore: registered new interface driver dm9601
[ 20.568734] brcmfmac: power management disabled
[ 23.326369] dm9601 1-1:1.0 eth0: link up, 100Mbps, full-duplex, lpa 0xFFFF

The chip initialises at "full-speed" USB = 12 Mbits and has no MAC address in the chip, and probably takes a fallback one from the driver.
Other web sources list these limitations too, so I guess that is just the Chinese design, included in the 3 euro deal.
Do now I have 3 ! usb nics that all 'work' as long I do not trust on plain DHCP, using them at the same time, or need HD audio streams over the wired connection.
I hope this listing will help others to avoid the chipset, or at least limit wasted time on the MAC and throughput limitations.

Thanks for your support.
Regards M-H

hi M-H,

You need to actually load the extension. By default, it is on the SD card image but not loaded.

So, [ Main Page ] in [ Advanced ] mode, selection [ Extensions ].

Scroll to "net-usb-4.14.26-pcpCore.tcz" in the [ Uninstalled extensions ] then select [ Install ].

Maybe a [ Backup ] then [ Reboot ]

regards
Greg

JQW
2018-05-01, 12:02
Is SourceForge playing up yet again? I've just acquired and filled up some new storage, and I'm in the process of rebuilding my installation.

Unfortunately I'm getting download errors attempting to install the additional file-systems which I require.

Jeff07971
2018-05-01, 12:07
Is SourceForge playing up yet again? I've just acquired and filled up some new storage, and I'm in the process of rebuilding my installation.

Unfortunately I'm getting download errors attempting to install the additional file-systems which I require.

Seems OK from here (UK)

JQW
2018-05-01, 12:09
Looks like SourceForge is indeed down, at least for me. I can't reach their website from here, and SourceForge associated sites such as SlashDot are also off-line.

JQW
2018-05-01, 12:12
Turns out that the ISP I'm using is currently having problems, as some other sites are also down.

schoeppi
2018-05-05, 07:58
Hi,

for what reason ever squeezelite is not starting automaticaly when I
boot pcp 3.50 :(. When I log into the system with the tc user via ssh I
can start squeezelite / squeezelite-dsd without any argument manualy and
then everything is working fine.

How can I debug the problem to get out the reason why squeezelite is not
starting during booting pcp? Maybe it is related to some variables set
in /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg which are used in the startup script for
squeezelite in /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite....

Cheers and thanks for any hint,

Schoepp

tobola
2018-05-05, 08:09
Hi,

I have LMS 7.7.2 installed on my Qnap and I wonder if pCP 3.5.0 will work with my LMS ?

tobola

paul-
2018-05-05, 10:21
Yes, pCP should work with any version of LMS.

@schoeppi

It sounds like you need to configure your squeezelite output. Please describe your hardware configuration

tobola
2018-05-05, 11:17
Thank you very much for promptly reply.

tobola

kappclark
2018-05-05, 13:28
Hi,

for what reason ever squeezelite is not starting automaticaly when I
boot pcp 3.50 :(. When I log into the system with the tc user via ssh I
can start squeezelite / squeezelite-dsd without any argument manualy and
then everything is working fine.

How can I debug the problem to get out the reason why squeezelite is not
starting during booting pcp? Maybe it is related to some variables set
in /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg which are used in the startup script for
squeezelite in /usr/local/etc/init.d/squeezelite....

Cheers and thanks for any hint,

Schoepp

FWIW - I had same plm, (no squeezelite = no music) but solved by re-starting squeezelite via web interface... also re-entered the output settings to sysdefault:CARD=CODEC since I use a USB DAC .. that was a few weeks ago ... we just lost power so PCP rebooted ... just checked and the PCP works fine ... I kept thinking the stereo/AV receiver was to blame, but it was squeezelite (which was not running !) .. now it is automatic ... please let up know how you get through this ...

schoeppi
2018-05-05, 14:13
On Sat, May 05, 2018 at 08:28:23PM +0000, kappclark wrote:
>schoeppi wrote:
>> for what reason ever squeezelite is not starting automaticaly when I
>> boot pcp 3.50 :(.
>
>FWIW - I had same plm, (no squeezelite = no music) but solved by
>re-starting squeezelite via web interface... also re-entered the output
>settings to sysdefault:CARD=CODEC since I use a USB DAC ..

Thanks, this hint solved my problem. I have also specified the wrong
output device for squeezelite and after correcting this setting it is
working now. I am also using squeezelite with my USB DAC of my Accuphase
AMP.

Cheers and thanks again,

Schoepp

kappclark
2018-05-05, 17:32
Happy to help ... sometimes I am just amazed all this stuff just works when we ask it to, but sometimes it requires some gentle prodding .. ... enjoy the Accuphase ...

senthor
2018-05-06, 09:42

I'm confused – I'm running piCorePlayer 3.5.0, however, shairport-sync -V gives me version 3.0.2. Am I missing something?

Also, the specific shairport-sync settings don't seem to be in use. I have provided the following:
Set name of Shairport-sync output device: hw:0
Set name of Output control used for Shairport-sync: Speaker

However, running top shows the following settings:

/usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync -a Büro -o alsa -S soxr -d -D -R --metadata-pipename=/tmp/shairport-sync-metadata --get-coverart -- -d iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0
Which should be:

/usr/local/sbin/shairport-sync -a Büro -o alsa -S soxr -d -D -R --metadata-pipename=/tmp/shairport-sync-metadata --get-coverart -- -d hw:0 -c Speaker

In the file /usr/local/etc/init.d/shairport-sync I see $SSET is used for the output control; however, I cannot find any other instance of this variable. Also, this file seems to be too old for the current changes (Version: 3.20 2017-03-29)

Maybe the changes concerning shairport-sync have only been pulled in the web interface, and not the actual program and script?

Thanks a lot! :)

___

Update:

I fixed this by adding a few lines to the shairport-sync init script located within pcp-shairportsync.tcz.

if [ ! -z $SHAIRPORT_CONTROL ]; then
SH_CONTROL='-c '"$SHAIRPORT_CONTROL"''
else
SH_CONTROL=''
fi

if [ ! -z $SHAIRPORT_OUT ]; then
OUTPUT="$SHAIRPORT_OUT"
fi

I can't check just now, but maybe the wrong pcp-shairportsync.tcz is included with the "normal" pcp 3.5? I tried the audio-version first and have the feeling of remembering the correct shairport-sync version there...