PDA

View Full Version : Grace Digital Mondo+ (Plus)

RJ_Make
2018-03-14, 07:32
There are some other threads on the older Mondo units, but I could not find any on the plus model.

Being new to Squeezbox Server (Windows) I don't know if the player can be controlled by LMS? I see this unit has a built in Chromecast Audio.

Apesbrain
2018-03-14, 07:51
Should work with the Chromecast plug-in:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104614-Announce-CastBridge-integrate-Chromecast-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2cast)

Report back if you give it a try.

RJ_Make
2018-04-09, 10:59
Should work with the Chromecast plug-in:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104614-Announce-CastBridge-integrate-Chromecast-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2cast)

Report back if you give it a try.

So I wound up purchasing it, and while it has a fair amount of features, it lacks any audio power, especially when it comes to the mid and lower end range. That said I'm going to keep it as it works good as a cheap portable Chromecast Audio device.

usc95
2018-04-09, 14:24
Have you tried Philippes Chromecast Bridge plugin? Does LMS see it when running the plugin?

malaugh
2018-04-11, 13:04
If the Grace device has Chromecast Audio built in, then its should work with a DLNA controller app on your phone, using the DLNA server built into the LMS media server. This is similar to the setup I have with a physical Chromecast Audio device. I use "HiFi cast" on my android phone to cast my local music stored on the PC (running LMS), and the Tunin app to cast radio and podcasts.

I have been looking at these Grace Digital devices for a while. I wish they would make one using standard Android. After looking I bought the Zettaly Avy instead. I am hoping it does not need a repair though since it looks like Zettaly is out of business. You can still buy the devices on Amazon, but their web site has shut down and there appears top be no way to get service.

RJ_Make
2018-04-13, 18:31
Have you tried Philippes Chromecast Bridge plugin? Does LMS see it when running the plugin?Yes, works fine.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

sgmlaw
2018-04-21, 13:09
Yes, works fine.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

How is local control at the Mondo+ client with the plug in?

The Chromecast plugin has been a real godsend, and it is great for feeding our library to a TV sound bar or other Chromecast device.

But all control appears confined to the LMS web interface or an LMS-connected app (such as iPeng) when controlling those clients.

I don't want to have to carry one mobile device to control the other. That is why I still enjoy carrying the SB Radios around our house.