PDA

View Full Version : Move plugins from Cache\DownloadedPlugins to somewhere that's not the Cache

dolodobendan
2018-02-27, 06:15
I want to move the plugins from Cache\InstalledPlugins to some other location that is not the cache (but obviously, I still want them to be found and used in LMS). Is this possible?

bpa
2018-02-27, 07:31
I want to move the plugins from Cache\InstalledPlugins to some other location that is not the cache (but obviously, I still want them to be found and used in LMS). Is this possible?
Why do you want to move them ?
Plugins managed by the Plugin manager will always be put in the Cache/InstalledPlugins

User installed plugins can be installed in the LMS top level Plugins directory. LMS Plugins are installed in the Slim/Plugin - no user plugins must be installed in this directory.

There can be no duplicate Plugin names regardless of directory.

dolodobendan
2018-02-27, 07:42
Why do you want to move them ?
Plugins managed by the Plugin manager will always be put in the Cache/InstalledPlugins

User installed plugins can be installed in the LMS top level Plugins directory. LMS Plugins are installed in the Slim/Plugin - no user plugins must be installed in this directory.

There can be no duplicate Plugin names regardless of directory.

I have some trouble with false positives with Full-text search, did some testing and while clearing the cache, I also "cleared" my plugins. That was not so great. I just want them to be out of harm's way.

If I move the plugins to SlimServer/Plugins, will the automatic update still work?

bpa
2018-02-27, 07:51
I have some trouble with false positives with Full-text search, did some testing and while clearing the cache, I also "cleared" my plugins. That was not so great. I just want them to be out of harm's way.

If I move the plugins to SlimServer/Plugins, will the automatic update still work?

No - plugin manager only deal with Cache. If you want to go manual route - then everything is manual (e.g. no auto updates, no checking plugin in directory matches the OS or LMS version, you will lose all manual installed plugins after an update)

Plugin manager is only one to use DownloadedPlugin and Installedplugins directory. IIRC I think if you delete cache EXCEPT for plugin-data.yaml file - manager will reinstall plugins.

mherger
2018-02-27, 08:31
> I have some trouble with false positives with Full-text search, did some
> testing and while clearing the cache, I also "cleared" my plugins. That
> was not so great. I just want them to be out of harm's way.

Rather than create new problems by tinkering a working environment you
should learn from your mistake and not do it again. Now you know you
shouldn't just wipe the cache folder.

--

Michael

dolodobendan
2018-02-27, 10:18

It wouldn't have been tinkering if there would be an official way to move it (there's three places for plugins I know of already - why not assume there's a fourth one). But I guess normally people just don't delete the cache. :D

dolodobendan
2018-02-27, 10:24
No - plugin manager only deal with Cache. If you want to go manual route - then everything is manual (e.g. no auto updates, no checking plugin in directory matches the OS or LMS version, you will lose all manual installed plugins after an update)

Ok, thank you. I'll leave it the way it this, then.

IIRC I think if you delete cache EXCEPT for plugin-data.yaml file - manager will reinstall plugins.

I didn't know that, thank you. It's funny, though: Instead of remembering not to delete the InstalledPlugins folder I also may remember not to delete this yaml-file as it will reinstall the files I forgot not to delete. :D

dolodobendan
2018-02-27, 10:30
> I have some trouble with false positives with Full-text search, did some
> testing and while clearing the cache, I also "cleared" my plugins. That
> was not so great. I just want them to be out of harm's way.

--

Michael

Because this somehow hints that you might think the database problems are related to any tinkering: I did nothing of the sort. I installed QLMS manually and did nothing funny with the settings or edited stuff. It's vanilla.