PDA

View Full Version : Switching audio output / Changes are not being saved to config (piCorePlayer v3.11)

jncweb
2018-02-11, 15:04
I can get my DAC running (Meridian Director) and music library working but the changes are not saved when rebooting. Upon further inspection it seems to be that none of changes are being saved.

If I change the output to USB to work with my DAC, before reboot the about page reads:
OUTPUT="front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0"
..but after reboot this goes back to analog output with OUTPUT="hw:CARD=ALSA"

I am using a USB SSD drive in addition to USB DAC with music on, I can get both music access through LMS and DAC working but when I do none of my changes are saved for some reason.

I have also tried just changing the name of the mount point for the drive and these changes are not being saved either. So I think nothing is being saved.

Sooo close :-)

here is what I am using:
piCorePlayer | piCorePlayer v3.11 | linux 4.4.39-pcpAudioCore_v7+ | piCore v8.0 | Squeezelite v1.8.6-830

jncweb
2018-02-11, 15:42
Thanks for your input, actually changes are saved automatically. I think Jivelite was the last thing I did (I am using a touchscreen as well) so I have tried to disable this (thinking it would free up space). I can reset it but when I try to remove it I still get the same issue and am back where I started again. So need some help.

Man in a van
2018-02-12, 01:38
@ jncweb

This is from memory, so might be a litle rusty.

Then you change to usb and click save there should be a small window open advising to check the "Audio Output" settings are correct.

Scroll down to the next box and click on the red "more" and the page expands to show the choice of outputs. Copy and paste the required one into the box, save and then go to the main page and click on reboot.

Return to the Squeezelite page after reboot to confirm the changes.

The above advice is based on the latest version, why not upgrade?

Ronnie

Greg Erskine
2018-02-12, 02:06
hi jncweb,

I agree with what "Man in a van" said.

The [Save] button should write the changes to the configuration file then do a backup.

There is also a [Backup] button on the [Main Page]... to be sure!

I wonder if you have a newconfig.cfg on one of your USB devices that is being used on reboot.

Get your Squeezelite settings first fixed first...small steps.

regards
Greg

jncweb
2018-02-12, 03:24
Thanks both but absolutely nothing is working even if I try updating squeezelite I still lose everything on restart. I tried unplugging everything. There are two options now either to start from scratch or do an insitu update.

there is a message saying ignoring swap partitions I see on raspberry pi, I wonder if that has anything to do with the problem.

I am going to overwrite the memory card and start again, let me know if you have any suggestions. I was using an older version of piCorePlayer initially because my Raspberry pi 3 wi-fi was not working.

jncweb
2018-02-12, 03:40
haha inset update gives an error as well fantastic am going to flash the SD card and start-over.

Man in a van
2018-02-12, 05:42
haha inset update gives an error as well fantastic am going to flash the SD card and start-over.

I think that going from the 3.1.1 required the hot fix thing.

Here is a clip from a review

Meridian style. It uses a XMOS L2 processor, both for USB control and to run the DSP that allows it to use the company’s Apodising filter as standard. It also automatically upsamples 44.1kHz files to 88.2kHz (and 48kHz to 96kHz).

I think that most of the XMOS covertors are OK with Linux.

When you look at the choice of outlets remember that sometimes one will work better than another.

Following advice here, I tend to select the one begining 'hw', the one with 'front' nearly always works and sometimes 'hwplug'

ronnie

jncweb
2018-02-12, 07:37
For your information what I was seeing turned out to be a corrupt memory card. I found out when I tried to start again, now have an old SanDisk one. The memory card was not a great brand but if corruption caused by picoreplayer it maybe it was the LMS Cache?

Really happy with the results, I picked this over the competition because the logitech aspects have been commercially developed this was really clear to me so great to use it. it is really good and really quick!

@Man in a van
With the DAC I am using front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0. There probably is some additional tweaking. I am confused why there is volume control when using a usb DAC as I want my amp to handle that. I also don't think I am getting the up-sampling you mentioned the light on the front indicates the sample rate is 1, when I see 2X from my computer.

I also have to put the language in to the javelite interface every time it restarts. Can this be solved by setting up the device on the screen and then saving the settings in the web interface?

A few small things but really really happy :-)

kidstypike
2018-02-12, 08:15
I also have to put the language in to the javelite interface every time it restarts.

On your jivelite screen go to Settings > piCorePlayer > "Save Settings to SD Card" ?

Man in a van
2018-02-12, 08:36
@Man in a van
With the DAC I am using front:CARD=DAC,DEV=0. There probably is some additional tweaking. I am confused why there is volume control when using a usb DAC as I want my amp to handle that. I also don't think I am getting the up-sampling you mentioned the light on the front indicates the sample rate is 1, when I see 2X from my computer.

Well I think it is is a portable device, so for full output the volume control has to be turned up to 11 (perhaps you can check in alsamixer).

The detail must be in a manual somewhere

Here is a link to the review I found

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/meridian-director-dac/

A few small things but really really happy :-)

I've a few "small things" but rarely make anyone happy :o :( :rolleyes: :p :)

Ronnie