PDA

View Full Version : My Squeezbox will not connect to server

classic carl
2018-01-21, 11:04
I have a Squeezebox Classic v.3 and I cannot get it to connect to my server. I recently bought a new router.

In the few months prior to that, it would connect from time to time, but mostly not. This was after working fine for years since I bought it used in 2012. After buying the new router, I have not been able to get it to connect at all. As far as I can tell, everything is set up correctly. I even removed it from my main system and tried a different system without any luck. I also hardwired the SQ to my laptop with an ethernet cable and it still would not work.

The interface on my laptop under the Choose Player button says "Your player was not found". Any ideas?

Tex
2018-01-21, 12:41
Definitely sounds like your router. You might tell us where LMS exists and which version you are running. I assume you have tried a new installation of LMS and rebooted your router and the machine LMS exists on. And I am confused as to what you mean by a different system, do you mean a different network? Is it hardwired or wireless?

classic carl
2018-01-21, 13:33
Definitely sounds like your router. You might tell us where LMS exists and which version you are running. I assume you have tried a new installation of LMS and rebooted your router and the machine LMS exists on. And I am confused as to what you mean by a different system, do you mean a different network? Is it hardwired or wireless?

Thanks for the reply. I meant a different amp and speakers in another room where I tried to hard wire my laptop to the SQB. I posted the same question on Audio Karma and it turns out the issue was as suggested below.

In Windows 10 under sharing options in Network & Internet, make sure you've chosen streaming options in "all networks" if you haven't already done that.

I don't know how this setting was changed because the SQB worked before, but that solved the issue. All is well and working now. My laptop was not wirelessly sharing to the SQB player.

The LMS is on a laptop across the room. I'm running version 7.7.5 but I've never tried MySqueezebox.com