PDA

View Full Version : Vortexbox Player Configuration for LMS

Arcticpollen
2018-01-14, 08:28
Hi - I'm hoping that one of you knowledgeable regulars might be able to help with some playback issues on Vortexbox 2.4 on Fedora 23.

I have rebuilt my VB host with ver 2.4 but cannot for the life of me get the player configured correctly from the ALSA device list and output to the async USB DAC on my Oppo BDP-105.

APLAY -L shows: -

[root@vortexbox ~]# aplay -L
null
Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=Device
OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio
Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=Device
Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Device,DEV=0
Front speakers
surround21:CARD=Device,DEV=0
2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0
4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Device,DEV=0
4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Device,DEV=0
5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Device,DEV=0
5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Device,DEV=0
7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0
IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

and SQUEEZELITE -l gives: -

[root@vortexbox ~]# squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=Device - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=Device - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - Default Audio Device
front:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - Front speakers
surround21:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 4.0 Surround output to Front and Rear speakers
surround41:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 4.1 Surround output to Front, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround50:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 5.0 Surround output to Front, Center and Rear speakers
surround51:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 5.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Rear and Subwoofer speakers
surround71:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - 7.1 Surround output to Front, Center, Side, Rear and Woofer speakers
iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0 - OPPO USB Audio Device, USB Audio - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output

I was previously using a VB GUI player configuration of iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0 even though the output was via USB. This does not work on VB2.4 nor does any other audio output device config that I've tried from the above lists.

Some will pass through to LMS as expected with the correct player name but I get no sound output.

I am using the same hardware as I was previously running Vortexbox 2.3. I dug out an old SSD that used to be the VB boot device and it played correctly first time using the player configured as iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0

I have tried manually playing a WAV file using
aplay -v -D default /storage/vb/Alarm05.wav which shows all the file details on screen for the length of the file but again, no sound output.

I previously had issues when I first started using Vortexbox where the levels would be muted in ALSAMIXER. I've checked these and they are set to 100%.

I have trawled through many posts looking for tools and hints that might help me work out what the issue is but no luck so far.

Is anyone able to offer any suggestions as to further troubleshooting tips?

Thanks in advance

garym
2018-01-14, 17:27
Hi,

since your using vortexbox i would think the vortexbox forum is the better place.

He has posted there too. Itís become very quiet at the VB forum, particularly now that Ron Olson no longer seems active there.

mftech
2018-01-15, 11:10
I was previously using a VB GUI player configuration of iec958:CARD=Device,DEV=0 even though the output was via USB. This does not work on VB2.4 nor does any other audio output device config that I've tried from the above lists.

Not sure if that help...but did you try to use HW:0,0 ?
I'm used to connect various USB DAC and generally this player configuration will work right away.